Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cedric's Street(Voldar)  (Read 30325 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2008, 02:28:12 AM »

Taloon

Taloon watched Jit glare at Roget as he left and then when he was gone, she seemed to loosen up a bit, she even smiled at him as she gave him a palmful of coins.

I dunno how much it is. You'll have to count it, I don't know anything about money."

Taloon looked at the coins and gave a slow whistle. There were at least one gold bard and several silver ones, not one coin was below a san. She had stolen what most thieves would consider a lord's ransom, and she had no idea what she had?  He looked at her suspiciously, but she gave no sign of lying to him as she wiped a runny nose with her sleeve.

"Little sis, I think you have the makings of a great thief. You did well, better than that, you did great! I think that Horace and the others will pay a bit more respect to you after I show them this. However, to be a good thief you need to know the value of what you stole. So, once we get back to headquarters I am going to have someone teach you," Taloon said a bit proudly of the girl, "let's get going. I wonder how your brother did? If he did as well as you did, then you both have made your "nobs."

OOC rest of post should be in Malgion's hideout.
Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2008, 04:14:05 AM »

Stepping lightly after Jakal, Tojzek retained his angry countenance and kept his arms uncharacteristically wrapped around his form.  He followed as silently as possible, wanting nothing more than to see his sister again, and to clean the wound on his chest.  It was not large, or particularly deep, but he had enough experience of living on the streets to know how these things could go bad and turn far worse.  Maybe there was one good thing to having to live with these madmen – there was a chance of washing.  Perhaps.  And a small part of him was warming to the idea of back-up; someone wanted to give him protection, and had the means to do it.  The young man was used to being the only hope when violence threatened, and he bore it well, but just now, right here, it was nice to be putting a little of the responsibility in the armed man in front of him. 

Tojzek’s feet willed the man in front of him to go faster towards where he hoped Jituska was waiting.  No such luck.  A few streets from the convenient rooftop Jakal halted and Tojzek’s heart ftered once as the man turned towards him.  He quickly chided himself for the momentary blip of apprehension, and stood his ground.  There was no point putting off the inevitable after all, and the man’s harsh words left him in no doubt of what Jakal thought of him.  So much for enjoying the man’s support.

“I stole a decorated pot, but when I jumped onto the roof it smashed.”  Tojzek considered showing Jakal the blood on his side, but thought better of it.  Why make things worse?  “I’m not much of a pickpocket, sir”, the boy added, putting a little extra stress on “pickpocket”.  His eyes rested on the man’s chest again, although this time in slight embarrassement rather than anger.  Caught stealing without even anything to show for it?  Clumsiness was not a trait he was proud of, or one which he usually showed.  He waited once again, prepared for the older man’s retaliation, but refusing to show any snippet of fear.  Like always, he pushed it far down inside, breathing slowly and deeply and storing it encase a reaction was required.  If the man hit him, he would probably take the blow and the punishment to lessen their anger later, but if Jakal drew a knife he would want to get out of it’s path.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2008, 04:10:13 AM »

Jakal listened and almost laughed when the boy told him the pot he stole was smashed when he jumped on the roof.

Jakal tried to keep angry but he could see a slight stain on the boys shirt and the boy continued wrapping his arms around his body. He also recalled the first time he tried to steal something and came away with nothing himself either; he had tried to steal a purse from a woman, but managed to only cut her dress, missing the purse strings and barely escaping from the guardsl.

"Well, lets see what kind of pot you would have, if you had not smashed it. Do you have any pieces of it? And why are you holding your arms and hands like that?" Jakal shot question and question at Toz.
Tojzek Kouba
Young Sentinel
Approved Character

Human, Caltharian

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2008, 08:03:47 PM »

Tojz relaxed a little as the man made no move towards him, and the unhappy smile dropped a little as Jakal even seemed to smile a little.  Strange.  The man was not unkind he thought, but then his the memory of what had happened in the cellar came back to him and he dropped his eyes. It would take a long time for Tojz to forget just how he had been coerced into this.  And why wasn’t he angry?  The boy’s experience of working for people was one in which he often got clobbered for the smallest offence.  After all, who cared for the welfare of a street child?  Every job he got he was usually grateful beyond words for, this one he was the first he really wanted out of.  And yet….but no, these men were as unpredictable as the sea, they could turn nasty at literally any moment.  He had seen the way they acted together.

“No, I left the pieces on the roof” he reported to Jakal. Letting the tense breath gently from his lungs in a slightly resigned sigh, he moved his arms away from his chest, revealing the wound to the older man.  “I landed on the pot”, was his explanation.  There didn’t really seem to be the need for much more, and he was now not quite sure how this man was going to react.  Increasing worry for Jituska was not helping either, and his mind seemed slightly unable to focus on the situation; constantly reminding him that he should be heading back to his sister.  A foot twitched shakily, betraying his nervous impatience.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2008, 02:12:07 AM »

The boy showed Jakal his wound after telling him he left the broken pieces of the pot on the roof. Jakal bent down and examined the wound. A piece of the pottery was jammed into the boys side and it was that that had caused his wound. Jakal took out his knife, looked up at the boy and said, "This might hurt a bit, but you have a piece of that pot you stole inbetween your ribs and it needs to come out before an infection starts. If you need to put the meat of your hand into your mouth or better yet, use this," Jakal said, as he cut off a small piece of leather off of his belt.

"Put that in your mouth and when I start probing around clamp your jaws on it and bite hard."

Jakal fished in his pockets until he found his flint, and some parchment. He started the fire and put his knife blade in it. He was glad he had listened carefully to Vika, their healer, as she had explained some emergency healing procedures.  He saw the boy looking at him curiously.

"This is to sterilize the blade so that when I cut into you, the blade is not only going to not give you any infection, but the heat of it will seal off the bleeding as well," Jakal said as he slowly turned his blade in the fire continuing to glance up and down the alleyway for intruders.

Finally the blade was hot enough. Jakal tore open the boy's shirt a bit more so he could see the wound better. The piece of pottery was just between the boys third and fourth rib as far as jakal could determine and there was a small part of it sticking out. That gave Jakal some hope that the piece was not that far in, of course, it could be a large piece and this little part was just the tip. Oh well, no time to ponder that right now, the time to get that piece of pottery out of the boys side was now.

Jakal looked up at the boy, "Ready?" he asked.

The boy stuffed the leather in his mouth and bit hard. He nodded his head and leaned back against the wall.

Jakal knew the boy was frightenend, but he gave no signs of it and that raised his estimation of the boy a few notches. He took his knife and began to work.

The boy made a small grunt and flinched when Jakal began but then there was nothing from him. Jakal worked as fast as he could and was pleased when he pulled the piece of pottery out of the boy's side. The piece was not as large as Jakal had feared, but still if it would have been left in there it could have caused an infection. Jakal was also quite surprised as most of the boy's bleeding had also stopped, I will be dammed, he thought, It actually works!

This was Jakal's really first time he had done such a thing and though Vika had told him what would happen, he had his doubts. But as he looked at the boy's side he was quite pleased and astonished at the same time.

Jakal quickly sheathed his knife, stood up and looked at the boy who was staring at him. The boy had watched everything and had hardly made any noise.

Again Jakal's estimation of the boy rose.  "It's over. Now we just need to have you seen by Vika, our healer to finish the job. Are you ok enough to walk?" Jakal asked.

The boy spit out the leather, nodded and began to walk; a bit unsteady, but he was walking on his own power as he wrapped his arm around himself, his hand pressing on the fresh wound.

Jakal came up behind him and began to reach for the boy to help him, but the boy shoved him away. "I can do it myself," he snarled.

Jakal backed off, surprised. He at least thought the boy would be thankful for what he had just done, but instead the boy seemed as angry as a nest of disturbed hornets. "You have no idea where you are going. Follow me," Jakal said, taking the lead, glancing back every now and then to make sure the boy was there and had not fallen or tried to escape as he led the way back to one of the many MadCap's hideout entrance ways.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2008, 01:04:39 AM »

Cedric's street was crowded and noisy but Silver weaved his way through the crowd; some just took one look at the huge wolf and just stepped out of his way, others were not so kind and were going to object until they saw the orc with the huge hammer in his hands and a towering bearded man following the girl and the wolf.

A lady with noble bearing sneered as she watched the tro go by and remarked to her friend. "They will let anything and anyone in this city nowadays. I wonder if his Majesty even knows what is going on in his own city! Imagine, letting a dangerous animal roam loose and an orc! Who would have thought that our proud city would sink so so low? Let us go, Lady Gretchen, the stink around here is making me nauseus."

Seh'nara's elven ears picked up the conversation and she was about to reply but Silver barked and took off running down the street and she ran to keep up with him. She wondered what Grial and Altario had thought of the lady's remarks?  For herself she wanted to scratch the woman's eyes out and cut out her tongue; a thought she had never had before, for she was normally a kind person, but that woman just...just...

She dropped the thought because it distracted her from what she was doing and besides did not her sister tell her not to worry or concern herself what other's thought of her or of Silver; "be true to yourself, sis and that is all that matters," rang through Seh'nara's mind as she followed Silver.

Suddenly Silver stopped by a corner of a building he was sniffing all around; he went that way, then turned around and sniffed the corner again and went another way, suddenly he stopped, sat down, shook his head and sneezed. He sneezed again as he rose and went back to the corner. He was sneezing all the time now.

Seh'nara had stopped and was watching Silver and had first thought that Silver had lost the scent, then he found it again but went another way then when he stopped, sat down and began sneezing. She had no idea what was happening. She watched with concern as Silver came back to the corner where she now stood watching her poor friend sneezing almost every step he took.

She ran to him, knelt down and looked at Silver with concern in her eyes. "What is wrong, Silver?" She asked.

He answer. A sneeze.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2008, 06:05:38 AM »

Altario followed the wolf, the girl and the orc.  He would not let an armed orc stay at his back.  As such, he was able to see the looks the people of Voldar cast towards both the wolf and the orc.  The same looks he cast.  They were animals.  Yet, something inside Altario twisted when he listened to the woman speak about the orc.  Her words were true, were words Altario had spoken many times, but hearing her tone made a strange feeling of shame come over him.  He quickly dismissed it.

It was then that the wolf began to act strange.  What had happened?  What was causing its sensitive nose to tickle it?  Altario strode forward purposely, passing both the elf and her wolf.  His eyes scanned the ground, searching for a clue.  There was something here, he could feel it.  He glanced at the elf.  "What building is this?"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:06:44 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2008, 04:50:58 AM »

Cedric's street was very busy as Norman and Claudirea walked side by side up the street; side stepping those who were perusing the goods of the vendors that streamed on both sides of the street hawking their wares.

Norman kept an eye on Luna as people who saw her quickly stepped out of the way. Norman did not want anyone to be afraid of Luna and attack her which could be disastrous for those who would, for Norman was certain that Luna would protect herself and it would not be a pretty sight.

He wrapped his arm tighter around Claudiera's waist as he gently guided her through the throng, when suddenly Luna noticed another wolf against a building sneezing. The wolf seemed to accompanied by a female elf, a large bearded man and of all things an orc with a small human girl child next to him. All of that piqued Norman's curiousity. He wondered what was going on.

Suddenly Luna started acting crazy, scratching at her nose and then she began to sneeze as well. Norman looked down at Claudirea and saw the concern on her face. "Let's go find out what has happened to Luna. It seems that this other wolf has the same distress," he shouted over the noise of the crowd.

Norman, with Claudirea close to his heels ran to Luna. Norman left Claudirea to take care of Luna and he went over to the other group and the other wolf. He got close enough so that they could hear and see him. "My name is Norman Graaves. I am the Captain of the Guards. What goes on here and why is your wolf sneezing? Whatever it is it has made my fiance's wolf do the same. I want, I demand an answer...now!" He ordered, with authority bellowing from his voice.

Norman usually did not address nor communicate with others in anger. However his emotions were a bit high and tight when it came to Claudirea and Luna.
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2008, 04:57:34 PM »

Seh'nara's gaze turned downwards. Silver was... chain sneezing? No, that couldn't be possible. Silver never chain sneezed. It was unheard of. The mildly shocked look in her eyes turned to worry as Silver continued to sniffle, without any sign of letting up.The elfess knelt down beside her canine friend. Her hands rose to gently hold Silver's head, stroking it softly, while her eyes searched him for any signs of injury.

Altario's question piqued her mind. Perhaps the reason Silver was sneezing was enviromental, not physical.  From her vantage point on the ground, the building looked awfully like every other building on this street. The girl pushed herself off her haunches and stood tall, her stare turned on the inconspicuous building. 

Behind her, a sudden flurry of activity and a rude shout interrupted her observation. The human was yelling something about being a Captain and why was Silver sneezing. A small bubble of anger rose in her. What was it with humans and their lack of manners? First, she was saddled with a "strong and silent" human who hated her other companion, and most likely will fight in the long run, then two kids need to go and get kidnapped, and even after all that, her wolf was somehow injured or something.

Seh'nara's hazel orbs bruned with a silent irritation and not a little anger as she looked straight in to the Captain's eyes. "If I knew what was happening to my wolf, I wouldn't be here doing nothing, now would I, Captain? And I'd thank you to be little more polite to people. Just because you have a rank in this accursed city doesn't mean you can demand things from complete strangers." The calm demanor of the elf hid her slowly growing annoyance at everything in general.

Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2008, 09:19:15 AM »

Claudirea was enjoying her stroll through the crowded street with Norman when suddenly, Luna started rubbing her nose and sneezing. She was confused, for she could smell nothing with her nose that would affect Luna so. She ran with Norman to see what was going on, but she could not, for the life of her, figure it out.

Bending on a knee, she was close to Luna, scratching her behind the ears and gently stroking the top of her head. Norman ran on ahead to where there was a small group of people with another wolf who was behaving the same way Luna was. Claudirea tried to communicate with Luna to find out what was wrong, but Luna was sneezing far too much to be of any help.

Standing up, she noticed that Norman was shouting, far more than was necessary and the Elf, for she had slightly pointed ears, seemed to be aggravated by what Norman was shouting. Claudirea felt her stomach turn, for Norman shouldn't be shouting and overexerting himself so close after being released from the Temple.

"Norman, what's going on?" Claudirea asked, as she wrapped her arms around one of his. Looking upon the Elf maiden, she was for sure that Norman had upset her greatly. Giving Norman's arm a slight squeeze, as to remind him to be a bit more curtious, she decided that she needed to take matters into her own hands if she was to help the two wolves.

"I'm sorry if Captain Graaves has upset you, miss, but I assure you, he only does it for he is worried for me and Luna," Claudirea said, motioning towards Luna, who had joined them and was lying on the ground, sneezing still. "I am sure you are as concerned for your wolf as I am for Luna. I suggest that instead of fighting over who is at fault or anything like that, we need to work together to figure out what is wrong with these too. I tried to communicate with Luna, but because she is sneezing so much, I can't get anything out of her."

Claudirea hoped that would smooth things for the time being. Her eyes were full of concern for Luna and for the other wolf. She looked down at them, biting at her bottom lip, trying to think of what could possibly be doing this to them.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2008, 05:10:25 AM »

Norman was about to cuff this insolent elven girl and throw her in the dungeon. Does she not know that I am the complete authority in Voldar with the exception of the Commander and the King himself? To lecture him on manners! How dare she! When he felt a familiar arm slip into his and Claudirea's voice speak.

She gently squeezed his arm as she asked him what was going on?

Her presence calmed Norman down and his mind began to rationalize once more as the fear for Luna and perhaps danger to Claudirea calmed him and his anger slowly drained from him.  Immediately his steel trapped mind began to work as he sifted through the elven girl's response to his question. She was as much concerned about her wolf as Claudirea was about Luna. There came several questions to Norman's mind: One, who was this elven girl and her companions and why were they using a wolf? A wolf who suddenly begins to sneeze. The obvious answer is that they were tracking something or someone. But what caused the elven girl's wolf to start sneezing and when Luna also came close to where the other wolf had been she also began to sneeze uncontrollably, though the sneezing and pawing at their noses seemed to be lessing.

"I apologize for my rude behavior," Norman began. "However I am the Captain of the Guards of Voldar and I need answers as I can see you do as well. First, what are your names and can i see your papers?" He asked calmly.
Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2008, 02:22:58 AM »

Grial continued to follow the elfess , when his sharp ears picked up a conversation between two human females .
For a brief moment his eye flared not with anger but with contempt , he has heard all before , monster, murderer, animal and more names that Grial can count for ...
Never he met such a race capable of such distrust against a race other than their own , yes Grial was an orc , but like the human race , not all orcs are evil .

Not giving another look towards the women , his attention was now at Silver , for some reason he had started sneezing and when Seh was trying to found out the reason for such strange behavior a man stand before them yelling , saying he was a captain , Another one , does all this city and his authority behave like this ? .
Before he could say anything to the arrogant captain , Seh´nara respond with dignity , making a rare smile appear on the old orc face , This young one has personality
Then a small female appeared with an wolf as well , apologizing for the human behavior.
Somehow she seemed to have the gift of calming the human , since his next question was made with a calmer tone "I apologize for my rude behavior.However I am the Captain of the Guards of Voldar and I need answers as I can see you do as well. First, what are your names and can i see your papers?" 

Resting Lyra on the floor , since the child was beginning to become restless with so many screams and people around , Grial felt her still holding his leg , placing herself was near as possible of his guardian .
Raising his voice , trying not to sound angry , but truth be told he was becoming annoyed with this , first his "companion " with all the hate on his eyes , then this city population with and now this captain ..
"My name is Grial captain , and i would rather resolve this as fast as possible .
As you probably notice I have a small child with me and you are startling Lyra , while I understand that you need to do your job ,she is my primary concern and I would not allow someone to frighten her ..."
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:24:08 AM by Grial » Logged

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »

Curiously, the elfess appraised the human lady. She seemed to be someone of importance to the Captain, as when she spoke, he had calmed down somewhat. Norman then apologised for his behaviour, and requested their particulars. Grial had answered swiftly, asking that they resolve their disagreement peacefully, as Lyra was getting restless.

Seh'nara's hazel eyes flicked in Lyra's direction. She hoped that the girl was okay; the whole day must have been a strain on such a young person. A slender hand slipped into her cloak, rummaging inside for her papers. "I apologise for being sharp as well, Captain. My name is Seh'nara." As she searched for her papers, she mulled over telling the Captain about the children. It would certainly seem unlikely, an orc with a child in tow, an elf with a wolf and a silent human looking for children. Did Damien say anything about not wanting to let anyone else know? She forgot.

Her fingers found a rough piece of folded parchment, and she gently pulled it out. "My papers, Captain. I hope you'll find them in order." I think I shall keep silent. If he asks, I'll tell, but not until then. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tell or not, anyways. Seh'nara gave a sideways glance at Altario. He hadn't said a word since Silver started sneezing. As usual with him, his expression seemed unreadable to her. Seh'nara turned back to the She didn't try to anticipate what he was thinking; she just hoped that he wouldn't be overly angry at this particular snag in their investigation.

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2008, 10:53:05 AM »

Altario stood back a moment, watching with irritation the developments in their investigation.  If this Captain wasn't here to help, then it was a hindrance.  One or the other; there was no middle ground.  When it seemed that things were not going to be resolved simply and quickly, he took a long step forward.

He nodded toward the woman, acknowledging her if only to size up the bond between her and the captain.  The two were close.  Married?  Lovers?  Something along those lines.  Though civility was not Altario's strong suit, he needed to try something to ease the tension here.  "Lady, we do not know what afflicts the wolves, though it seems it is no more serious than the sneezing."

He then turned his attention to the military man.  "Captain, I'm Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin, and I- we, travel under the auspices of Commander Damien Scar."  He nodded his salute to the man.  "As for papers, I have none, nor have I needed any before.  My honour is my bond."

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2008, 11:47:34 PM »

Claudirea left the working things out to the rest of the people who seemed to know what was going on. She was still new to Voldar. The best, and worse, things had happened to her all so quickly and all in this new city, which was to be her home. She knelt down and began to stoke Luna's head gently, noting that the sneezing began to subside just for a bit.

As she was knelt down, that's when she noticed the child hanging onto the leg of the orc. She never payed any attention to race, although she thought it strange that a human child should be so close to an orc.

Suddenly, she felt something that she had felt before, but not so strongly. Perhaps it was because she was older now and understood the world better. Or perhaps it was because she was preparing to become married herself. Whatever it was, Claudirea felt a certain pulling towards this child. In her mind, she could only call it her motherly instincts taking root.

Her bright green eyes looking straight into the bright blue eyes of the child, Claudirea gave her a warm smile. Then, never taking her eyes off the little one, she gave a small wave to show that she meant no harm. She had no idea what kind of life this child had been through but she thought that by being friendly and showing her that she meant no harm, that she could get this child to trust her, if only for a moment.

She had no intention of taking the child away from the orc. That thought never even crossed her mind. The main concern, besides befriending the child, was wanting one of her own. Just now, that ache came up so badly that she wished the wedding day to hurry so that she and Norman could start a family of their own.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]