Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Castle Of Thevelin(Nyermersis)  (Read 46470 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« on: January 29, 2006, 01:02:23 AM »

As the Erpheronian kingdom developed, it assigned land to a row of Lords in the far north to form the Northern Marks (approx. 1000 b.S.). The Northern Marks were planned as a line of castles, fortresses and outposts to form a firm border against orcish tribes, and perhaps the elves from the Calmarios whose strength was rising during this period of time. Thevelin became one of these fortresses at the northern border overseeing one of the two bridges over the Teiphra, and - perhaps more important - guarding one of the most fertile plains in the north, sealing off the northern entrance of the Vale of Kalir, a plain embedded by mountain ranges and the Ishmarin Lake with fertile soil and abundant resources.

Now in 1670 a.s. Thevelin stands proud over watching over the battle worn town of Nyermersys.

As you come upon the throne room of the castle you are meet by three well trained soldiers with swords crossed and shields bearing the coat of arms of Nyermersys.

"What business do thou have with Earl Legiramond?"

Beyond the gaurds you can see Legiramond conversing with members of the city, wealthy and honorable members who surely hold great influance over it.  

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 1/28/06 17:09
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:22:23 PM »

The Earl Legiramond was not in the throne room. He was in the Merchants Hall.  The Earl was a tall big man; not of fat, but of bone and muscle.  His strawberry blond hair fell with waves over his ears and almost touched his shoulders.

At the time his bright sapphire blue eyes were bored as he sat there listening to the same thing by some of his more wealthier merchants; more trade.

"M'lord, you must try and open up the trade routes through Voldar once again.  We are losing money because of how long it takes because of the land routes we must take to reach the rest of the world.  Only Voldar has the port that reaches the ocean and only Voldar has the resources needed to help us." pleaded Master Orcell.  Several of the other merchants nodded their assent and chimed in, repeating what Orcell had stated.

"Enough!" The Earl shouted, banging his huge ringed fist upon the table, making the tankards of wine and plates of cheese's and meats jump. "I have heard this most of the winter do you not have anything else to say?  Orcell, by your girth, I cannot see how the land trade routes have diminished your eating?  And the rest of you. I still see you in your overly lavished homes. I do not see you living in the old city.  All you complain about is...trade and money."

Master Orcell; a very short heavy set man, with dark hair, beard and small brown eyes did not sit nor did he stop talking; he even increased the volume of his voice as he pushed away from the table and stood up.  "M'lord, if you do not find a away to mend the rift between you and your cousin, Cedric, and open the sea trade routes you will have a riot on your hands.  The inns are running out of food and ale.  The blacksmiths are running out of iron ore with which to make their wares and your armies weapons and armour I might add," He ignored the Earl's intesified stare at him as he waddled around the table continuing, "Thieves have attacked our land caravans so much that it is costing 300 more silver per bag of goods for protection, since you deem it not necessary to send our own troops and we have to hire others to do so."

The Earl crushed his tin cup in his large right hand splattering wine upon the table as he sat there listening to Orcell. A page, a young boy, quickly took the crushed cup and replaced it with another full one.  Orcell was a shrewed man and he knew he was right.  Which is why the Earl did nothing, so he continued. "I estimate that by mid-summer the riots will be in full swing.  About the only thing we will have is food, but even then the farmers need horses shoed, plows fixed and other goods that only the blacksmith can provide. So even if we have a decent crop this year, next year we will be starving.  That is why we are pleading with you to open negotiations with Voldar and sign a sea trade agreement." Orcell said, as he found his seat once more.

Christian Legiramond sat there thinking of all of the wonderful things he would like to do to Master Orcell, except he knew that the man was right and he also had the backing of not only most of the wealthiest men in Nyermersis, but most of the Nobles as well.  A coup would not out of the question if he did not do something. Finally he spoke; "All right Master Orcell, you have convinced me.  I will send another ambassador to Voldar to open up negotiations."

"When?" Orcell asked.

"Will tomorrow be too soon for you, Orcell?" Christain asked pointedly.

"No, M'lord." Orcell answered quietly; knowing that he had pushed as far as the Earl would allow.

"Good." Christian replied.

They were interrupted when the doors opened and a guard came in and stated loudly; "M'lord, I present to you Lycheus of Voldar."

Lycheus strode in, stopped a few peds inside the door, looked briefly around at the men sitting around the table, found the man whom he was looking for and bowed deeply, "M'lord, I apologize for interrupting you..."

He was interrupted, "Masters it seems that Seyella is on our side. This is Lycheus, my cousin's royal attendant. Lycheus we were just talking about Voldar, and how I was about to send my personal ambassador to talk to my cousin.  How does he and Voldar fare?"

Lycheus stood staring at the eight men sitting around the table as they stared back at him.  "Well?" The Earl asked. "How does Cedric fare and what brings you here?"

"M'lord, perhaps it would be better if we spoke alone." Lycheus answered.

"Nonsense, these men are spoken for." Lycheus knew that that meant that the Earl gave his word for them.  He nodded, "Very well, M'lord. I bring you very grievious news. Your cousin King Cedric the Fourth has been murdered along with his and also your other cousin, Trelor the less."

"Murdered! Murdered by whom?" Christian roared, his deep bass voice shook the very timbers of the roof.

"By an orc."

Christian rose and pounded his huge fists into the table, sending tankards of ale, cups of wine and the plates of food into many an unwary lap."An orc! Has this murderous orc been found by Voldar's army and his head hung upon its spires?" Christian asked.

"No, M'lord. In truth, he has been allowed to live and Voltigar now reigns in Cedric's stead."

Christian sat down hard as the men around the table sat there in silence.  "Voltigar sits on Voldar's throne and this murderous orc has not been killed?  Why?" Christian asked softly.

The men around the table turned their eyes upon their lord.  They, unlike Lycheus, knew that when the Earl began to speak softly, is when he was the most dangerous.  "M'lord, there had been assassination attempts against your cousin for many months now, all had failed, mostly because of the superior effort of my own intelligence. The King and I were trying to find out who was behind these attempts and we had finally had some hard evidence and we had one of the assassins in the dungeon, however before we could convene a court the King, his cousin and yours, Trelor the less, the King's personal guards were all murdered."

"What was the evidence you and my cousin had found, and who was the assassin in the dungeon?" Christian asked.

"M'lord the evidence was the signet ring of Baron Scar and it was given and found upon the finger of the assassin, the orc, who had been apprehended, but was released by spies within the dungeon. He then proceeded, with the help of those spies to kill your cousin Trelor the less, and then the King and his personal guards.  Baron Scar is a well known associate of Lord Voltigar it would have only been a matter of time before we had them all. Now he sits upon the throne." <!--EZCODE ITALIC START-->The throne where I should be sitting.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Lycheus thought, but did not voice aloud.

The silence lasted only a nailsbreath, before pandemonium broke out; all of the men shouting at once, all of them except three;the Earl, Lycheus and Master Orcell. <p>Capher.</p>
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 12:18:16 AM by Capher » Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 02:53:23 AM »

One by one the other men at the table stopped talking until silence overtook the room. Then, Orcell spoke; M'lord, I know little about Voldar law, but, if it follows ours, then Lord Voltigar had the blood right to claim the throne."

Christian turned his head toward Orcell, his blue eyes alight that burned with rage. "Blood right. Yes...Yes he does."

Lycheus sputtered with unbelief and outrage. "But, M'lord, what about King Cedric and Trelor the less, your cousins. I should have been King!"  Lycheus tried to clamp his mouth shut but it was too late.

The men all turned at once and stared at him, Christian's included, "What do you mean Lycheus?"

"M'lord, forgive me. I..I spoke out of turn."

"What did you mean, Lycheus? I will not ask again." Christian said.

Lycheus knew he opened his mouth too soon and now he will probably loose his head, unless... He thought quickly, taking stock of who was in the room with the Earl.  "M'lord, according to Voldar law if there are no blood relations to take over the Throne, after the current King dies; for instance if he had no children, such as King Cedric, then the most highest civil authority is given the Throne.  Since I was the highest authority at the time, the Throne was to be given to me.  I was just about to be crowned when Voltigar came in and claimed blood right."  

He paused to catch his breath, but mostly to think, to put the right words in the Earl's and these mens ears. "If I were King, I would gladly open Voldar's ports and sign a trade agreement."  Lycheus hoped that is what those men were discussing.  For though he did not know any of these men, he knew their looks and had heard some of the conversation through the doors as he waited to be admitted.  He hoped he guessed right, if not, his head would not be worth a plug san.

Christian smiled. This Lycheus was either a very smart and shrewed man, or else a very lucky one.  For even now the men in the room had turned to him with pleading eyes, even Orcell. Christian expected him to speak first but it was another; Master Sheridan, "M'lord, you spoke correctly, Seyella did send us a blessing.  If this man were King, all of our troubles would be over."

"You speak, without engaging your brain, Sheridan," Orcell finally spoke, " to put this man upon the throne would mean to dethrone the current King, Voltigar.  Our liege knows this and he also knows that to do so would mean to go up against Voldar's armies and the city itself, which walls have never been breached, at least not in my life time, or my fathers or grandfathers, that I can recall."

Lycheus's face fell as he heard the news and new this man, Orcell was correct. However Sheridan was not so convinced. "And you speak without thinking as well Orcell. We have a navy now, one of the best. And we have the forty thousand plus knights of the outlying counties at our beck and call, who are deemed to be the best in all of Northern Sarvonia as well, combined with our own forces we should be able to take Voldar.

"Especially if they are not expecting it." Whispered Lycheus.

"What?" Sheridan asked.

Lycheus's face brightened and his voice became excited as he spoke. "I said especially since they are not expecting it.  I heard before I left that Voltigar was planning some sort of big celebration; to celebrate King Cedric and the other's deaths.  If we attack when that occurs then they will not be ready."

"Celebration? Voltigar dares to celebrate the murder of my cousin!" Christian said. "No funeral. No month of mourning. But a celebration. I have heard enough.  You men are dismissed, all except Lycheus and call to me General "One Eye" Christian said softly and calmly.

Slowly the men filed out, Orcell walking out last his face a puzzle of emotions. Then there was just Lycheus and Christian.  Christian motioned with his hand for Lycheus to sit. Lycheus sat and immediately a plate of meat and cheeses and a tankard of ale was set before him by a page.  Christian waved the page away and the young boy left.  

Lycheus hesitated at first then dived into the food and drink.  He had forgotten he had not eaten well since he left Voldar and he ate ravenously.  Christian watched for awhile and slowly drank his wine. "Tell me Lycheus while we wait for my general to arrive all that you know of Voltigar and Baron Scar. I need to know my enemies; their strengths and weaknesses."

Lycheus, wiped his mouth with his sleeve, took a drink of ale and began speaking...

OOC General "One Eye" you will be paged by a guard at the Seagorn Barracks.

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 02:31:23 AM »

The Earl was sitting back upon his throne. Lycheus was sitting next to him. His face was smug; he had spead enough lies sprinkled with enough truth to make it all sound legitimate: and to Lycheus's credit, there really was not much lying to be done, except to embelish his own exploits, to raise the Earl's opinion of himself in his eyes.

The Earl's face was white and lived with pure rage when the General was anounced. "M'lord, the General is here."

Lycheus looked over at the Earl who just stared, as if he were struck dumb.  Lycheues took it upon himself to answer for him. "Well send him in man.  Do not let the Earl waiting and the General standing out there as if he were a lackey."  Lycheus said that loud enough so that if the General were listening the General would think that Lycheus had the General's best interest at heart...which he did not, he could care less, but it is always best to keep those whom are under you...happy.  A lesson he thought he learned from Voltigar, but as where Lycheus followed the law of the lesson, he never quite got the spirit; mostly because he thought most people were beneath him.

Finally the Earl spoke and almost made Lycheus jump out of his skin. "Yes, send in my General."  He then said quietly without turning his head, "If you speak in my stead without permission again, Lycheus, I shall have your head."

"But..But M'lord, you did not anwer right away and I was just.."

"Thinking of how to make friends?  Are your ambitions that high that you are thinking about my rule, Lycheus."

Lycheus had not even considered it, but swallowed hard all the same before he answered. "No, M'lord, I just want what is rightfully mine."

"Yours?  I will be expending my men, my weapons, my equipment and my money to finance this war and do you think I will just hand Voldar over to you on a silver platter?"

"There are the trade agreements" Lycheus replied.

"True, but they are not enough.  I have been thinking Lycheus and I am changing our agreement.  I will also want tribute which I will decide at a later date."

A tribute usually meant money. Lycheus did not like that idea at all. "M'lord, we had an agreement.  I have the signed document in my pocket. To ask to change it...why it is unthinkable. No court in the land..."

"And no court in the land would see the document if your head was removed and the document taken."

Lycheus's face now went white, but with fear.  He thought, I have made a deal with a demon! Lycheus straightned his collar and impulsively touched his neck. "I see your point, M'lord." He replied.  He kept his mouth shut as he and the Earl awaited the General's appearance.

Capher.

Neiavrine
Sinister Beauty
Approved Character

Orc, Chyrakisth

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 03:12:23 PM »

General Versialias "One Eye" Ullor

As he waits to be admitted to the Earl's presence, Ullor makes a few quick tactical decisions applying to how he would respond to the various crisises that would call for such a sudden meeting. While thinking, he stretches his great bulk and runs a grizzled hand through his grey hair. After a short time, a gaurd opens the door for his admitance. He nods and walks into the main hall, noting that the Earl is not alone. What has happened Earl, and who are you? One Eye makes it more of a demand than a question as he approaches the throne. His single grey eye takes the other man in, and Versialias decides that he is not to be trusted. A worm tounge no doubt.

-Ne'iav'rine-

She is suddenly a whirlwind of graceful death. Where there was once a steel monolith, there is now an eruption of violence and wrath. Her singing blades rend the stale air with their battle cries, as sirens they call to those who dare stand before her. Her blood is molten hate, and it churns in her veins like the rage of the gods. There is no mercy, there is no forgiveness, there is only salvation through shed blood. Fountains of sand meet her every movement, dance beside her as a partner to her power. Ne'iav'rine's prowess seems almost supernatural; as if even the earth applauded her ability with a display of divine preportions.

-Ne'iav'rine
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 01:24:23 AM »

When the General walked in Christian was not surprised at his appearance.  He had asked for the General to come and the General came; not caring what he looked liked or what he wore. Obedience; The one trait that the Earl of Nyermersis, demanded from his officers and the General was the epitomy of that trait.

"Welcome General Versialias.  I would offer you something to eat and drink, but I doubt you would take it.  On the other hand, since you are going to be here awhile, I would take up my offer and eat something and the wine is exceptional."

Lycheus

Lycheus almost recoiled in his chair when he turned and saw the General walk in.  The man was bald, one eye was covered by a patch, he had a grey grizzly beard, that needed a trim; and his clothes and boots were full of mud and who knows what else, he smelled and then he had the audacity to ask who he was!"  "I Sir, am Lycheus, Royal attendant to Voldar," Lycheus did not mention the former King as of yet for he did not like this man, "and in Voldar's court an officer would never come to the King's summons dressed, groomed and smelling like you do. It would be a sign of disrespect.  Do you disrespect the Earl, your superior that much to come here without so much as bathing and putting on a clean uniform?"

Christian was about to speak, but inwardly smiled as he knew that Lycheus was probably about to get a dressing down that not even he could do as well as his General.  He just waited silently for the "battle" to begin.  Lycheus technically is a Noble, probably carries the title of Count and he probably should not be dressed down by the General, but Christian, wanted to see what kind of man this Lycheus was, especially when he became King of Voldar. Would he admit his fault, or would he address the General as a spoiled tyrant?

Capher.

Neiavrine
Sinister Beauty
Approved Character

Orc, Chyrakisth

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 05:51:23 AM »

I come as I am summoned. Versailias growls, making it full well and apperant that the dislike is mutual. His eye burns with a quiet and powerful ferocity onto the thin devil who dared question his appearance. He rolls his massive shoulders and turns back onto his lord. What manner of villianry has brought me here, Earl?

-Ne'iav'rine-

Edited by: Neiavrine  at: 2/25/06 21:57

She is suddenly a whirlwind of graceful death. Where there was once a steel monolith, there is now an eruption of violence and wrath. Her singing blades rend the stale air with their battle cries, as sirens they call to those who dare stand before her. Her blood is molten hate, and it churns in her veins like the rage of the gods. There is no mercy, there is no forgiveness, there is only salvation through shed blood. Fountains of sand meet her every movement, dance beside her as a partner to her power. Ne'iav'rine's prowess seems almost supernatural; as if even the earth applauded her ability with a display of divine preportions.

-Ne'iav'rine
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 01:13:23 AM »

Lycheus

Lycheus was fuming!  This man did not answer him except to say 'he came as he was summoned.'  That did not answer Lycheus's question and then this...this man turned his back upon him and talked to the Earl.  When Lycheus heard the question he sat smugly back in his chair, a cup of wine to his lips; knowing that this man...General, would have to address him once again.

Earl of Leigramond

Christian was hoping for fireworks from his General, but instead it fizzled.  He peered thoughtfully at his General as he spoke. maybe he is tired.  He looks like he has been in the trenches with his men...again.  He certainly smells like it. Or maybe he just does not want to acknowledge someone whom he thinks is beneath him.  Which is probably the case and I do not blame him...to a point.  No matter what the character of the man may be, he still deserves respect, even if it is his station in life.

"General, I could tell you but I think Count Lycheus could tell you better as he has first hand knowledge of the situation.  I also took the liberty of calling Admiral Blackmoor to our table as well.  Since he has not arrived, maybe you should go and quickly take a bath, put on a clean uniform and return.  Supper will be served soon.  I think that Count Lycheus and I would appreciate it very much when we sit down to supper and talk of things.  Do you agree Count?" Christian asked.

Lycheus almost beamed, "Yes M'lord. I would have spoken to the General now, but I defer to your wishes."

"Good, then that settles it. General, go do as I say and come back quickly as time flies.  The town criers and the sun almost sinking below the horizon tells me that is getting late.  I wonder where the Admiral could be?  He is a bit more punctual than this; could it be that his ships mean more than my summons?" He paused, then laughed, "Nonsense, no one in charge would dare disobey their leige, would they Count?"  He talked to the Count, but his words were meant for the General and Lycheus knew it.  Lycheus just wondered if the General knew it?

"Not if they wanted to keep their heads, M'lord. Or at the very least their command." Lycheus replied.

Christian just grunted as he sipped his wine.

Capher.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 01:58:23 AM »

As the Earl and Lycheus waited for the General to return another guard came into the hall and announced Admiral Festrath Blackmoor.  The Admirial walked in a few steps, took a quick look around, looked thoughtfully at the stranger, did not say anything to him but went to the Earl, kneeled upon his left knee, crossed his right arm across his chest.  "I am yours to command M'lord.  What is it you wish of me?"

Lycheus thought, Now that is a man who shows respect!

"Rise Admiral and let me introduce you to our guest. "Count Lycheus I present to you Admiral Festrath Blackmoor.  He was a pirate until I convinced him to head up my navy.  Deep in his heart he probably still is a pirate, which is why he and his men are so good at what they do.  Am I correct, Blackmoor?"

"Aye, M'lord. Once a pirate, always one.  Though not having to worry about one's head helps one to sleep a bit easier." He chuckled. He bowed, "Tis a pleasure to meet you, Count," he turned back to the Earl, "What is so important that I could not even see to my ships first, M'lord?"

"Have you eaten?  Sit down and have something to eat and drink. General Versailais will be joining us as well and when we are all together then I will let the Count here tell you what he has told me."

Blackmoor hesitated for a moment, then he unbuckled his belt and put it along with his cuirass inside its sheath on top of the table.  Soon pages were placing meats, cheeses, fruits and goblets of wine upon the table.  As Blackmoor began eating a young page tried to take the sword and belt away. Blackmoor put his jeweled hand upon it, 'If'n you do not want to lose your hand boy just leave it be."

The boy jumped back and scurried away.  Christian just chuckled as he sipped his wine.

Capher.

Neiavrine
Sinister Beauty
Approved Character

Orc, Chyrakisth

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 05:26:23 AM »

With a quick nod the General had left the room. With a cliped march he strides toward his chambers located within the Castle. Upon reaching the grand laqured door, reinforced as to his specifiactions, he smiled. [font color=gold]There is not a places such as the refinements of ones home[/font] He pulled open the door and entered.

Now, as the admiral began his groveling, Versialias begins to take a warm bath, soothing his aching old body. After half an hour of rigorous procedural cleaning, he stands before a large mirror in the south east corner of his chambers. He grabs a small set of shears from a table infront of him, and carefully trims his beard. If the lord wishes for me to be an appearance, I shall not dissapoint him. Glancing at his bulk, he reaches for his most feared uniform. The Lion's Mane. With two assistance, he is able to get himself into his regal battle armor, which is formed of thick steel plates, the breast plate resembling a growling lion. His pouldrons and greaves are formed into the representation of rippling muscle. After the plates are properly attatched and vested, annother servant is called into the chambers. With the utmost care the woman polishes every inch of metal and leather, and within the minute Ullor becomes a mass of glistening, deadly, and respectable steel. Already a large and intimidating man, he was now the image of glory and power. Executing a military about step, he begins the trek back to the Earl's chambers. Every man, woman, and child that he passes is sure to bow and murmur titles of respect to the gleaming behemoth. The air seems to grace his long grey locks with an eternal breeze, which spins and swirls the thining hair behind him as a flag to his honor. Versialias practically glows command as he is permited readmittance into the grand chambers of his lord almost an hour after he had been dismissed. With due honor, Earl, if there is danger about for my soldiers, I would like to know what circumstance threatens them. His voice carrys all the rippling command as the lion upon his breast.

-Ne'iav'rine-

-Ne'iav'rine
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 03:07:23 AM »

Lycheus

Lycheus almost choked as he tried to hold in his wine when the General walked in.  A page gently patted on Lycheus's back until Lycheus waved him away with his hand.  Lycheus finally swallowed the wine, but not without some dribbling down his chin.  He quickly reached for his kerchief and dabbed at the liquid.

He could not help himself staring at the General.  He had been admiring the Admiral's shirt when the General came walking in.  He was enormous and his plated armour gleemed and gave off bright reflections of the torches nestled in their iron cages around the hall as well as the three large candleabra's hanging in the ceiling above them.

Christian smiled inwardly when he noticed Lycheus's difficulty and turned to face his General.  "No danger to your men, General. But now that you have arrived it is time for you both to hear what was told me by the Count." He nodded briefly at Lycheus.

"As you wish, M'lord. However before I begin would the General like to sit and have some food and drink?  Or in that most impressive armor you wear you cannot sit?"

Lycheus did not wait for the General to reply as he sensed that Christian wanted him to speak.  "Gentlemen as I have told the Earl soon after Cedric the Fourth became King of Voldar there were assassination attempts. It was only because of my own intelligence and the King's bodyguards that they were thwarted.  The King and I were determined to find out who was behind these attempts, so I began an investigation.  Through my sources I and the King were beginning to get a picture of who was behind these attempts, but we could never prove it."  He sipped some wine.

"Then it seemed that Seyella shined upon us.  About a month ago an orc had torn through the city in a rampage and had murdered an old woman. A courageous city guard, Rhuel, along with several citizens finally captured the beast.  It was during the interrogation of this beast that it came to be known that he had on a signet ring.  This ring gentlemen belonged to none other than our Captain of the Guards, Commander Damien Scar!"  He looked at the faces to see if they had heard of Damien and then continued on.

"Through further investigation along with Rhuel's testimony we discover that the ring was given to the orc, not stolen as we had first assumed. Given to that beast by Commander Scar.  When the Commander was questioned he gave a false report, saying he gave the ring to the orc to protect him from certain prejudices. When in fact as it turned out, I believe, he gave that orc his ring for some sort of signal."  He sipped more wine as he gathered his thoughts.

"I knew of a law and reminded the King of that law that states: any Noble who gives his signet ring to another is liable for that other's character and actions.  Since the orc had murdered an innocent old woman, Commander Scar was complicit in the crime.  The King stripped him of his Command, but since the Commander is also a Baron, he could not take away his title yet, not until a court was convened with all of the Noble's of Voldar present and then the King could present his evidence and strip Baron Scar of his title, lands and then his life."

Lycheus drank some more, his hands now visably shaking. Tears streamed down his cheeks and his voice raised higher in pitch than his normal nasaly high pitch. "What I have to tell you gentlemen now pains me as I recall this night. Baron Scar left that day, and the orc was imprisoned awaiting the trial. Unbeknowst to me the treachary of Baron Scar even reached down into the lowest part of our dungeon.  The head guard a Sgt. Tillath along with several of his men, loosed the beast.  The beast went on a rampage and murdered first the Warden, Trelor the less, the King's cousin, then he murdered the King and all of his bodyguards.  If it were not for my own prowess I would not be standing here tonight telling you this sad and horrible story.  I fled and made my way here."

Lycheus slumped in his chair.

The Admiral looked liked he was going to explode. "M'lord, what shall we do? Just give me the word and I will send this cursed Scar over my gangplank into the..."

Christian raised his hand and the Admiral shut up.  "Our dear Count has misspoke about a few things. However I will forgive him considering the drink and the horror he must live through each day.  What he forgot to tell you gentlemen, is that the following day he was preparing his own coronation, which was his right, being the only civil authority to claim the Throne, when Lord Voltigar came in and exercised his right, by birth."

"As you know gentlemen, birthright always over rules civil right.  I can understand that.  It is what this Voltigar does next that I cannot forgive." Christian's voice lowers to almost a whisper. "King Voltigar pardons my cousin's killers and gives back Baron Scar his Command.  It is clear to me gentlemen who really was behind the attempts upon my cousin's life...Voltigar!"

Christian peered at all of the men around his table, his deep blue eyes piercing and blazing finally rested upon his General and most loyal ally and soldier. "Now gentlemen, lets talk of war."

Capher.

Neiavrine
Sinister Beauty
Approved Character

Orc, Chyrakisth

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 06:32:23 PM »

As Lycheus begins to speak, a servant brings Ullor a large chair. He sits while carefully listening for each detail which might be of importance. He finds the speach useless to him, and more of a pathetic attempt to save face and churn emotion than a battle report. He chooses not to eat, instead he motions annother serf to himself, and request that the woman go to the library, and ask for any and every map of Voldar that she could carry, and bring it back as quickly as possible. The only thing that confused Versiallias was this. Why does Lycheus want our help, what does he want out of this?

Things become much clearer as the earl speaks. He wants power and money! A sad smile crosses his lips as the last details are clairified, My men shall die for an Earl's honor, and a thieves throne. While the situation did not please the General, he saw that there was little he could do about it but lead his men in the best way possible, and assure a quick and resounding defeat for Voldar.

"Now gentlemen, lets talk of war."

If we are to engage Voldar in battle, we must use the element of first strike. As Ullor begins to strategize, the woman servant comes with an arm load of maps. Without giving her a second glance, he reaches for the top most maps and lays it out. It shows the surrounding land around Voldar, and a smaller image of Voldar itself. While his one eye gazes down at the vellum, he absent mindedly points to the center of the table, Put the rest there, my dear.  

-Ne'iav'rine-

-Ne'iav'rine
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 01:40:23 AM »

Christian stands up and looks over his General's right shoulder.  "A first strike indeed, General.  Since Voldar commands an army over twice as large as ours not to mention the cities main guards, defenses and most important of all; I know Damien Scar, he is a master tactician and his men follow him like a puppy follows its master.  Voltigar is no slouch either when it comes to war.  And may I remind all of you; Voldar's walls have never, ever been breached."

"I trust you to the fullest Versailais, but being outnumbered when I go into war is not something I like to consider.  I suppose I could call in a few markers and have some of our elven friends join us, that would strengthen up some of our numbers.  Then there is the "Fallen" but they are such a fickle bunch.  Ever since I defeated their general in fair combat, I mind you, they have departed to the far corners of my lands.  Do you think that you could persuade them to join us, General?  If they do join, that would put us just about par with Voltigar and his armies."

He walked around the table and then stopped behind Lycheus, who suddenly had a hard time swallowing the piece of meat he had in his mouth.  "Admiral Blackmoor, I do not think Voltigar or Scar knows we have a navy.  Maybe it is time we showed them.  I know with the time of year and the long range that we would have to corridinate the General's and your forces; use a coop of Wynd Racers, to keep in touch, when the time comes.  Last, but not least," Christian laid his hands upon Lycheus's shoulders. Lycheus stiffened. "Lycheus, your contacts within Voldar, are they still reliable?  Can they get information out?"

Lycheus stared ahead and noticed the General staring at him with his one eye.  "M'lord, I am not sure, but I can find out." Lycheus said with a bit of a bravado in his voice.

"Good!" He slapped Lycheus on the shoulders which made Lycheus wince. "General tell Lycheus what you need to know about Voldar, and what you are thinking? Also if you have not heard of Commander Scar or of King Voltigar I will fill you in as much as I can."  He walked back to his place at the table, sat down with a smile upon his lips, raised his silver goblet, "To victory, gentlemen."

Lychues raised his goblet and squeaked out, "To victory,"

Capher.

Neiavrine
Sinister Beauty
Approved Character

Orc, Chyrakisth

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 01:12:23 PM »

Call the elves, if you must. Stay away from the fallen, if it is my decision m'lord. Quick details jumped into the generals mind, and this plan became a tangible thought. Reaching for annother map, Ullor mumbles about Graineries really that open? a slow smile crawls up his lips. He tosses away the detailed maps for large area views of the terrain around Voldar. We will burn all their supplies while he sends his men on wild goose chases. Fire arrows upon the stores should do the trick. Ne'iav'rine, right there. A stubby finger jabs at a small village. He scratches his jowls and concentrates. Ne'iav'rine and her mercenaries will attack randomly in the outlying communities, forcing Damien to bring his men from their walls. While they attempt to chase down the ghost, we move our own troops into place. Voldar's walls are backed by their graineries. If we set these aflame, voldar will be at the mercy of starvation. With her armies spread searching for the raiders his castle will be under seige. Yet upon their return, we will be in a pinch poin... no instead we will assualt him upon our choosing. We will lure him into.... this town right here. The general points to a city that runs along a major trade route, and lacks walls and other defencive measures. Voldar is indeed to powerful a city for a direct assualt, so we shall allow them to leave, and battle them upon our grounds.

-Ne'iav'rine-

-Ne'iav'rine
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006, 01:21:23 AM »

Lycheus

Lycheus listened, this is really happening! I have started a war! He felt a bit sick to his stomache.  burning villages! burning the graneries! people, some, my friends, will starve, probably die. Do I really want all of this?  He gulped his wine down to quell his stomache. if you are going to be King, you must! he told himself. "But all those deaths," he whispered.  He raised his head, "General, M'lord, I have no head for battle plans. I ask your leave."

"What, you do not want to learn?  How can you lead if you do not know?" asked Christian.

"I will leave that up to my generals, M'lord. Besides I have ridden fast and far and I am truly exhausted.  The hour is late."

"True, the night watch will begin soon. Very well Lycheus I will have a servant take you to your quarters."

"I thank you M'lord."  Lycheus bid goodnight to those around the table and left following a page, he let himself into his room, took off his clothes, put on some nightclothes, crawled into the bed, laid down his head and was soon fast asleep.

Capher.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]