Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Castle Of Thevelin(Nyermersis)  (Read 46379 times)
Simonne Miller
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2008, 03:38:02 PM »

Simonne listened to the conversation with half an ear, while taking care of Petrie. Heath had fallen asleep, which was good. He needed rest more than anything. Petrie though... She was going to need all her knowledge to get him to come back. She'd heard Christian's question, but she'd been too much concentrated on her task to answer immediately. She'd put a leaf of the Evening Princess flower on his tongue. When chewed, it created dreams, but that was not what she was going for, she only wanted to make him sleep a healthy sleep. When she was done with her ministrations, she joined the two men, the smaller of whom was just finishing his explanation.

She smiled at Christian reassuringly. "Not to worry. Petrie will live, though I don't know exactly when he will wake up. That's what worries me most at this moment. If he wakes up soon, there'll be no problem, but we have that journey to Voldar ahead of us. If he's still unconscious when I'm not here anymore, I can't know what is going to happen..." She hoped fervently that he'd wake up before that time, though. The healers in the earl's employment surely knew what they were doing, but their experience was somewhat limited by their tendency to stay in one place. But that was a worry for the future. Right now, she had to concentrate on the present.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2008, 03:11:15 AM »

Christian listened with facination to Yurie's tale. "Sounds like a slave ship," Christian commented, "I try to keep those ships out of my harbor but some still seem to get in. I must give stronger orders to the Harbormaster. Perhaps if I let him sit in chains on one of those ships it will give him the incentive he needs, " he continued.

"Ah, good. That captain will think twice about shanghing people again to sell in the slave markets, "Christain commented again as he heard about how Farrel had cut the captain's arm off. "You just jumped into the fray? Just like that? Not knowing who or what was going on? Never giving thought that you yourself could have been maimed or even killed? I admire a man like that. If you are not occupied I would like to offer you a position as one of my personal bodyguards. If that is not to your liking, then perhaps you would just settle for a gold bard. It is the least I can offer you for helping my brother-in-law, and party find Petrie and Heath."

Christian paused as he listened to what Simonne told him. He patted her on her hand. "If need be, we will postpone our travel until Petrie is concious and on the mend. Have you checked on Heath? I believe he went with the others to Farrel's room. While your there you may as well as take Nichole with you and tell him all that has happened since he has been gone."

He saw her look at Petrie, hesitation showed throughout her face and body. "Go on, I will keep an eye on him and if I need you I can easily send a servant to get you. Besides, Farrel's room is not that far from here, now go on," he urged Simonne.

Christian turned back to Yurie. "Well what do you have to say? About my offer that is?"
Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Mini-mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2008, 12:07:08 AM »

Yurie's head began to spin when the earl made his offer, and it wasn't because of the wine.

A gold bard, Yurie thought to himself in surprise.  That's no small thing!  But then, what would I do with so much coin?

Simonne started talking to the earl, but Yurie wasn't focussed on what she was saying at all.  He was too busy considering what it would actually mean to be a personal bodyguard.

Then, the earl's deep voice addressed Yurie again, asking him for an answer to the offer.

"Well," Yurie began, "I'm mighty glad that you think I'm a brave man.  But to be honest, I just did what I had to.  It all happened so quick, you know?  And I have to say, I'm not really much of a fighter.  If Barega here hadn't helped me then I guess I'd be chewing the fat with my ancestors right now, if you know what I mean."  Yurie paused slightly before continuing.  "But I'm the kind of man who loves adventure!  I want to try and be everything that a man can try and be in one life.  And so far, I've never been a bodyguard to anyone, let alone an earl!  So, I guess you can count me in!"  Yurie smiled before adding, "But maybe you should tell me what it involves, first?"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2008, 04:54:45 AM »

Christian listened to Yurie and was a bit disappointed when the young man said he was not much of a fighter and pointed to his bird friend, a crow, and said if it were not for the bird he would probably be dead. However with all of the young man's fault he was engaging and willing. Christian supposed he could teach the young man more of swordplay as they went along: besides he needed someone he could trust, and besides his brother in law and those in this room, he had no one.

Trusting a complete stranger with his life was not something he would usually do, but he was doing things now that he would not have even dreamed of doing until Simonne came along. Was it her, or the near death experience that changed him? Probably both, he thought.

He smiled at Yurie. "I like a man who is looking for adventure. Reminds me of myself in my youth. As far as your fighting skills are concerned, I would rather have someone a bit more experienced, but I like you Master Yurie and I will gladly teach you some swordplay; perhaps enough to save your life and hopefully mine as well.  Your spear is a good long distance weapon and I can teach you a few things about that as well. But it is best to carry a sword by your side as well.  The job consists of just one thing; keeping me alive at all costs, including your life to save mine. The pay will be generous. One silver peice a week as well as food and board. So do we have an agreement?" Christian asked, as he drank his water, trying not to make a face as he did so.
Yurie Yileen
Walker of Dreams
Mini-mod

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2008, 07:15:05 AM »

Yurie listened with interest as the earl spoke.  When he mentioned swordplay Yurie felt a little unsure of himself.  He'd never trained with a sword and wasn't sure how much he would be able to learn in such a short time.  Still, any opportunity to learn something new about life was a welcome thing.  And as he looked at the earl, he got the feeling that here was a man who could teach him quite a bit.

"The job consists of just one thing; keeping me alive at all costs."  Well, that sounds fair enough, Yurie thought to himself.  "Including your life to save mine."  Hmm, but that's a bit more severe!  Still, I guess if that's what being a bodyguard means, then I'll have to accept it.

After the earl had finished speaking, Yurie made his reply.  It hadn't taken him long to make his decision.  It seemed as though he had been brought to this place and met this man for a reason.  And now that reason had become clear.  A new path was opening before him, and when that happened, there was only one course of action.

"Well," Yurie began, "I've never trained with a sword before, and as you can see, I don't even own one!  But I'm willing to learn and I learn pretty fast.  To be honest, my favourite weapon is the bow.  I've been using bows for about as long as I can remember, and I reckon I'm a pretty good shot, even off the back of my gryph.  Not sure if that's of any use to you, but I thought I should mention it."

Yurie leant back against his padded seat before continuing. "As for everything else, well, it all seems fine to me.  So yes, we have an agreement."

As he extended his hand to seal the deal, Yurie wondered what this new line of work would bring to him.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]