Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arth's Spot(Voldar)  (Read 119479 times)
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« on: June 16, 2005, 03:12:22 AM »

As you walk through the streets of the Inn and Tavern District, you notice many assorted taverns. Most seem to be in disrepair and their signs are crusted over in dirt and grime.

Eventually you notice one that stands out. It is very tidy looking and laughter eminates from it. As you enter, you see a couple men behind the bar having what seems to be pleasant conversation with the regulars. The place is quite large and there are numerous places to sit.

Three waitresses traverse the bar (Sumi, Ysana, and Reenia). The all look very similar. They are all of average height, about 1.6 peds. Most of the men that come to the tavern find them quite attractive. They all wear the same garb a billowing white blouse and a light blue skirt that goes just past the knees.

The two male bartenders both are rather tall for humans, standing about 1.8 peds. Thal has dark brown hair, while Bregan has a more strawberry blond color. They both wear the same uniform, black pants and a white shirt, with a black vest over that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:46:52 AM by Simonne Miller » Logged

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 09:17:22 PM »

Takashi, unnerved after his experiance with the guards, wanders through the streets, eventually arriving at the place known as Arth's Spot.

The cheerful atmosphere brighten his spirits, and he soon is much more at ease.

He walks over to the bartender and begins a conversation.

"Ale, hot please." He tosses a coin onto the bar and takes a seat.

In death there is life, I bring death, to those who are deseving of it...

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 02:02:22 AM »

Reenia, one of the many barmaids in the tavern scowled to a couple of her fellow maids before wandering slowly over to serve the newcomer. They usually meant trouble when they showed up here and she was not in the mood to deal with them once again. Her hand rose to brush off some invisible dirt from her bossom, yet she was assuring herself of the safety of her knife. One she kept hidden well only for her own protection. It had been used before on numerous occupants, all in self-defense, or so she does claim. We shall see how today goes, but I have a feeling you shall be used once again.

" 'Ello there sir, wha' can I git fer ye?"

Her hips swayed slightly as she stood before him, large brown eyes sparkled with a mysterious glint, yet not a hostile one. She was not the slimmest of the barmaids, yet certainly not the heaviest. She had seen her fair share of bar fights, and participated in a few as well. Long brown hair was pulled back into a high pony-tail. Yet the ends fell down to the middle of her back, curling slightly at the ends.  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 05:15:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Damien walked slowly, but commadingly through the city streets.  He nodded occasionaly to a storekeeper or merchant who were begining to open up their stores and to start hawking their wares.  He was constantly aware of the stranger slightly behind him.  Damien was not sure about having his back to the stranger, even if it was at this short of a distance, but he was confident in his own skills.  Besides, what motivation would this stranger have to try and kill him.  Just because Damien wanted to know his name!  Is this person's name important?  Would it give him away?  Is he wanted someplace?  Maybe, Damien thought, I should check the circulars.

Damien shook his head and mentally kicked himself in his own arse.  I should have done that before I let these men in.  Why didn't I think of it?  "You know why?"  A voice inside his head replied. "Because you think you know everything?  Because you think just because your the Gate Commander, and are taller than most men, and just because your hands and feet are lethal, just as lethal as the "Sengren" hanging down your back.  And that your Lord Voltigars personal friend.  You think you're invincible.  Well, you know that your not.  Someone, somday will come along who is just a bit younger, just a bit quicker and then like a 'flame on a candle' your life goes to Ava.

They reached Arth's spot.  A tavern and an inn, quite well known and respected.  Besides Damien knew one of the barmaids very well.  Her name was Reenia.  Damien opened the door and motioned for the stranger to enter.  "Well, here we are, friend.  The best place in town for a nice cold ale and good conversation."

Damien watied for the man to enter.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 6/26/05 21:16
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 07:21:22 AM »

Takashi looked up from the bar for a momment to notice the commander of the guard appearing in the room.

Oh great, this is, to put it mildly, marvelous.
He hastilly pulls his cloak over his weapons, and his hood up.
how much for a room?
Takashi quickly goes through his options, moving from place could envolve being discovered, the best thing to do, would be to get away from the bar, to a more crowded place, like the market.
Ill be back, nevermind the room, i wont be needing it. he pulls his hood up as far as it can, and wraps the black cloak around himself, clasping it at the throat.
He makes his way to the door, crossing the floor qiuckly, though probably making himself look quite conspicous.
Sorry...
His hood falls, back, he hastily pulls it up and looks around.

Edited by: Takashi Logan at: 6/27/05 12:08
Norkin
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 01:14:22 AM »

The blacksmith enters the tavern and looks around for a familar face. He spots Reenia, an old friend who occasionally snuck him the odd ale for free. The blacksmith walks up to her and says

" Any chance of getting an ale?, nice and cold please" with a nice friendly smile.

Edited by: Norkin at: 6/27/05 17:23
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 04:38:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Damien waiting for Darien to enter the inn suddenly notices Takashi trying to make a quick exit out of the inn. His hood comes off momentarily and Damien notices his ears  Now why is he trying to leave? Is it because he might be half-elf?  We have many varieties of races here in Voldar.  What is it about these two? Damien thought.  

As he was thinking this an old man walked in, without giving him a proper addrsss, went to Reenia and asked for a cold ale.  Damien thoughtfully looked over the old man. I think I may know him? I will find out after I take care of these two.

Damien spoke in a normal tone of voice. However Damien's normal tone was anything but normal.  Do not be decieved.  His volume of his voice hardly changes, unless he is really excited, or extremely angry.  But the tone of his voice rings out with authority.  "Takashi, my old friend.  Fancy meeting you here."

He nodded out the door. Sunlight streamed through the opening, showing bands of dust that permeated the inn. It also annoyed Damien as he could not see clearly the stranger he waited for. All he could see was a dark shadow of a man.  "Your traveling companion is here too.  He stands just outside the door.  I am waiting for him to enter. Why do we not all have an ale together and talk.  We can get a table over in the corner over there.  Soon this place will fill up and then there may not be any tables left.  I am thirsty.  Are you not thirsty as well? I am buying if that helps. Or did you have your drink and you have some place to go?"

Damien casually leaned against the door of the inn, pulled out his daggar and cleaned his nails as he waited for the stranger to enter and for Takashi's response to his kind offer.  He kept his eyes moving slowly over each man, but he had to put his hand up over his brows to see the stranger as the sun rose higher. What is keeping him?  Did he not offer this drink and to tell me his name?  Why is he just standing there? He would not think of running, would he?

Damien thought about that as he continued to move his eyes over the men including the old man talking with Reenia.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 6/27/05 20:49
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 05:40:22 AM »

Arth’s spot. A vague memory of it crossed his mind as he stood there; about to enter. He had been here before; Even tough this certainly was not his favourite kind of place. Not that he hated the interior or the waitresses; No… he hated the kind of people who came here. He had often been in this section of the city and had gotten himself into a whole lot of trouble last year. Nothing more then vague memory’s which belonged to the past. He stepped in and noticed the same wanderer from the gate. As the wanderer who called himself Takashi back at the gate made his way towards the exit it was Darién who blocked it. The wanderer seemed to be in some kind of hurry to leave. And he couldn’t have been here for that long, So what was it he could be hiding? Could he be a criminal, afraid for the gatekeeper? Darién was certainly on a whole other level of bravery then this fellow. In stead of running for your fears it is always better to confront them; As was Darién’s experience… Well at least in most things. But if Damien could be called one of his true fears then he was a far bigger weakling then his reputation implied. No… it wasn’t fear, It was cautiousness… Even tough it was understandable that most travellers indeed feared this man. Darién walked a few peds inside up to Damien who was impatiently waiting for him, and he no longer blocked the door.
Another half-elf he noticed, This Takashi seemed rather strange, Doing his very best to hide something even tough Darién could not see what…
The inn itself looked rather empty. Except for the same old man from the gate who had passed him only a second ago to place an order at the bar. And Damien spoke towards Takashi;

"Your travelling companion is here too. He stands just outside the door. I am waiting for him to enter. Why do we not all have an ale together and talk. We can get a table over in the corner over there. Soon this place will fill up and then there may not be any tables left. I am thirsty. Are you not thirsty as well? I am buying if that helps. Or did you have your drink and you have some place to go?"

Travelling companion? I don’t know this…. ~Man~ ( Darién was about to say an insult, But swallowed the words to stay polite). Without paying further attention towards Takashi he turned back towards Damien and a little annoyed he spoke; Did I not offer to pay the drinks at the gate?
Without giving the people time to respond he walked over towards the bar next to the old man who had placed his order.

Three ale’s please!
Exclaiming towards the waitress on a commanding tone. And he tossed the necessary coins on the bar.

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 6/27/05 21:44
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 12:47:22 AM »

The slightly tanned bossom of Reenia's rose up and down heavily as Taka simply stood and strode off after asking a miriad of questions. She fancied he needed a good couple of slaps across the face and was about to do so when an old man strolled in asking for some ale. Dark eyes slowly turned her attention to the old man and gave him a good look over before almost snorting.

"You sure you can pay for it old man?" She was not in the most kindest of moods, that was to be certain. Her first customer of the day had been a rude imbecile. She would be seeing him again outside this tavern for more of a confrontation, something she thoroughly enjoys.

She was so caught up in hating the man she did not notice her friend Damien, the Gate Commander, stroll into the tavern with yet another man on his heel. This man seemed no different from the one she had just finished dealing with. Both seemed dangerous, at least in their own eyes, or perhaps it was their overblown egos which made them dangerous, not their skill or who they were. What ever it was, she was happy to see Damien, but his friend would not be served with the same courtsey from her.

Three ale’s please!

Joy, he has a loud mouth on him as well. He shall be pleasant to deal with. Glaring at Damien for bringing the man into the tavern, she turned on her heel to retrieve all the ale's asked for by the patrons, handing them out accordingly. She was not much in the mood to speak to any of them at this point in time. Knowing Damien, he would probably try to talk with her, as he always did. She did not wish to chitchat, she was anxious for an assignment. There had not been one for a couple of weeks now and she was beginning to wonder.  

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 03:20:22 AM »

Damien Scar

Did I not offer to pay the drinks at the gate?   The stranger snarled.  And before Damien could reply he stalked off and threw three coins upon the bar and demanded three ale's.  Damien noticed whom the stranger had been rude to and saw the flash of anger within those strikingly brown eyes.  But, it quickly disappeared.  I am sure she used to this...still.

Damien nodded to Takashi to take a seat.  Whether Takishi did or not was his own buisness.  Damien could find him.  Damien could find anyone he chose to find, with his network and knowledge of the city, including the underground one.  The one no one speaks about, for fear of getting their throats cut, and that would be just one of the nicer things that happened to those who did not know how to leave well enough alone.

Damien walked up behind the stranger, slammed down his daggar, point thrusted into the bar.  It gave off a twang sound as it vibrated from the force of Damien's hand.  He lowered his face until he could smell the man's breath.  With venom driipping from every word Damien whispered.  "Friend, around here we treat ladies with respect!  I do not care if she is a Lord's Lady or a barmaid, or even a street whore.  So I am going to make a suggestion.  Either you apologize for your rude behavior toward this nice lady."  Damien looked up briefly and gave Reenia a quick wink.  "Or you and I will have to settle differences in some other way!  Your choice!"

Damien let the implied threat hang in the air for a moment, then he smiled, pulling his knife out of the bar, slipping it back into his belt. His whole demenor changed as he tried to diffuse the situation.  "Personally I would rather just drink this good ale, look at the pretty barmaids and enjoy some casual conversation.  Blood in the morning, just...somehow is not to my liking. And just for your information, I was offering to buy Takashi the drink, not you.  I heard what you had said in my outer office.  I have ears."

Capher.

Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 05:05:22 AM »

Sorry, i just remebered, i had urgent buisness elsewhere commander, pleasure seeing you again though.
Takashi mutters under his breath.
Just my luck.
Takashi pulls his hood back and walks out the door. He whistles, 3 notes, 1 high, the next two notes lower than the last. A screeching sound pierces the sky , Sa'an, an ash falcon, drops out of the sky, a blur of grey and white. Takashi turns to the bird.
Hello friend.
The falcon alights on a nearby stall.
Come then. We'll go find our friends in the city. I know that that tip from the street ear was good.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 04:31:22 AM »

Darién looked up as he could hear the commander approach and for a moment he saw the blink of a weapon and he quickly dodged away from the man.  The knife was jammed into the bar.
"Friend, around here we treat ladies with respect! I do not care if she is a Lord's Lady or a barmaid, or even a street whore. So I am going to make a suggestion. Either you apologize for your rude behaviour toward this nice lady.
"Or you and I will have to settle differences in some other way! Your choice!"

For a moment Darién thought this man tried to assassinate him and if he wouldn’t have worn his cloak he might have pulled his swords. For that one moment Darién almost turned back into his violent counter-side, The murdering insanity itself; His self-defence could have proven lethal towards the big guard and if he hadn’t been this aware of the situation at this early morning he might have acted more extreme. But he kept his temper. And as he watched this psychotic guard he could barely believe his eyes. Was this guy for real? Did this guy just provoked him? Cold shudders crawled over his spine. Over a simple tone of speaking? A simple command towards the waitress? He dared to challenge him?! For a fight?
Darién’s knuckles where ready to strike hard and painful but as he watched Damien he knew somehow in this inn, That he was the one overreacting… This wasn’t the criminal district; He needed to act differently here. A whole other personality had to be played here. He could not just be himself. He was no longer Darién… Not with this guy around…

"Personally I would rather just drink this good ale, look at the pretty barmaids and enjoy some casual conversation. Blood in the morning, just...somehow is not to my liking. And just for your information, I was offering to buy Takashi the drink, not you. I heard what you had said in my outer office. I have ears."

Darién’s shudder disappeared and he could feel his heartbeat rise. Blood was pumped on a faster rate circulating trough his body sharpening his senses, his mind but also his aggression and anger. If there was one thing dangerous around Darién; it would be a man with a almost similar behaviour. Two quickly aggressive stubborn-heads in one room; Somehow bound to each other. Both seen their share of death and both not afraid of anything. If it wouldn’t have been for Damien’s little cool-down Darién might have snapped.

Blood in the morning… Now that is something I would like right now… To slay this guy who thinks he is god almighty. And maybe I would… once night falls…. And when the shadows are free to go where they please without getting noticed.

Darién not used to being passive but felt he had not really an option at the time… This man probably commanded the entire squadron at the gate and they could be here in a matter of minutes. A commotion would be caused trough the fight and waitresses would get help…
No Darién had to back down… And it left him unsure about how to react. Apologies to the waitress? Never! Not in a million years! He was to proud in his own strange way to get such words out of his mouth.

Well well,… he spoke,… That’s one hell of a temper you’ve got there… You might want to look out with being such a hot-head because you might provoke someone some day who won’t like it and doesn’t back down….
His face just glared evilly towards Damien for a few seconds then he turned towards the waitress; Well I would LIKE!;.. my Ale’s please. If you would be so kind to do so?;… He said on a tone that was not longer commanding but more aggressive (which was before he noticed the ales that where allready served to him);… A result of his growing temper towards the provoking guard… He faced back towards Damien;… That better?! I said please! Now let’s take a seat and… watch pretty barmaids, …. Yea…  and drink our cold drinks…. And don’t ever do that again; You may think you are tha big gatekeeper of Voldar and all,… That doesn’t give you the damn permission to harass people on their behaviour.
Darién’s voice had slowly gone from normal to aggressive and the last sentence he pronounced was an all out personal attack. He made himself as big and intimidating as possible and stared right back without emotion into the eyes of the city guard. Who the hell are you anyway? He spoke on a loud tone.

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 6/28/05 20:49
Norkin
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2005, 01:21:22 AM »

Are you sure you can afford it?

Was this an insult the barmaid had just gave him? Or did she just see him as a poor man? Either way the Blacksmith walked up to her and said

Yes ,actually I can afford it

While thrusting 3 goldbbards , more than she needed, in a slightly frustrated manner

And you can keep the change

In his anger he sat on his bar stooland observed the bar. The first thing to catch his eye has a half elf leaving the tavern while putting his hood over his head. He then noticed a man, a man who he had been looking before at the main gate, Damien. He strutted up to his table ,where a suspicious man was joining him, pretending not to notice he was there.He then gave him a glance , and then a friendly smile.

Oh, hello Damien, Fancy meeting you here

He then sat , uninvited,  next to Damien. He gives the suspicious man a dirty look, but then tears himself away.

Anyway, Damien, you know those old falchions? I flogged them off to a dumb orc, He thought they were moonblades!

He says to Damien while chuckling to himself.  

Edited by: Norkin at: 6/30/05 17:26
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 11:37:22 PM »

Damien Scar

Quote:
That better?! I said please! Now let’s take a seat and… watch pretty barmaids, …. Yea… and drink our cold drinks…. And don’t ever do that again; You may think you are tha big gatekeeper of Voldar and all,… That doesn’t give you the damn permission to harass people on their behaviour.

Damien was about to answer when the guy asked a question.

Quote:
Who the hell are you anyway?

Damien replied cooly, "You don't want to know." Then Damien silently took his ale, keeping his temper under control.  Which was becoming more difficult.  The man in front of him kept on pushing him.  As if he wanted a fight.  If that is what he wants, then Damien would gladly give him one.  But something kept on gnawing on him.  Why?  Why would this man be so belligerent?  Is it that uncommon for a man to treat a woman with respect where he comes from?  What is he hiding?  Why is he hiding anything?

Damien thought of these things as he did not answer the man and took a seat at a far table next to the wall.  He placed his back next to it and sat down.  He drank the ale slowly as he watched the stranger.  Trying to figure out why the man was so intent upon being seriously hurt or even dying.  

He knew Reenia was also watching this man and her skills, though hidden behind the facade of a barmaid, were quite considerable.  If they had not been Damien would have never recruited her for her clandestine missions and she probably would have been dead a long time ago.  But, Reenia had proved herself worthy, and an admirable conspirator.  If this man started anything and even if he was somehow injured, the man would not have much chance against both Damien and Reenia, not to mention the rest of the "Thieves Guild" who not take kindly if Damien was suddenly attacked, without provacation and injured or even, killed.  The man would not live the day out.

As Damien thought of these things the old man Damien thought he recognized sat down besides him and started talking like he knew him and talked of things like falchions. Damien looked at the old man. Falchions?  He thought.  What in Coor's name is he talking about?  And then it dawned on Damien.  "Norkin! Norkin, is that you?" he asked.  "What is Coor's name are you doing back here?"

Damien then realized the old man was in between him and the stranger.  Damien thought quickly and then patted the old man on the back.  "Norkin, meet stranger.  Stranger, meet Norkin.  The best smith this town ever had.  He can make a dull sword as sharp as new.  The blade cutting the finest, piece of silk, just by running the cloth over it.  He used to sharpen all of my weapons.  Until a few years ago, he just up and left.  And now it seems he is back.  Welcome back, Norkin!"  Damien said jovially but he kept his eyes always upon the stranger.  

Norkin being in the middle, between Damien and the stranger did not help. What in Coor's name, possessed Norkin to sit down uninvited.  He should know better than that?  Maybe he has been gone too long and has forgotten.  Damien will have to remind him. But now was not the time.  Then Damien had an idea.  He raised his voice a bit.  "Reenia, look who's here? it's Norkin.  Come and have a talk with him."  Damien hoped Reenia would get the message and get Norkin out of the way while Damien tried to get some answers to some very troubling questions about this black clad stranger

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 7/5/05 15:42
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2005, 01:06:22 AM »

Darién took the ale’s and delivered them towards the table. His eye had fallen on his so called “travelling compagnion” who was about to leave. He couldn’t care less for not having to spend another good ale on some stranger. Still tempered and grumpy he placed the ales on the table where Damien was sitting. The elder bearded man was also sitting and rambling something about “old Falchions” and “Moonblades”. The last words from the old man catched his full attention (even tough he heard everything the man said). A Moonblade!?… He could definitely use a pair of Moonblades, If there was one thing he was using much then it would be his swords, And he would have sold his soul for those expensive rare items.

"Norkin, meet stranger. Stranger, meet Norkin. The best smith this town ever had. He can make a dull sword as sharp as new. The blade cutting the finest, piece of silk, just by running the cloth over it. He used to sharpen all of my weapons. Until a few years ago, he just up and left. And now it seems he is back. Welcome back, Norkin!"

Pleasure to meet you.
Darién spoke on a tone as if it wasn’t a pleasure at all. He sat down and took a sharp look at the old man.
"Reenia, look who's here? it's Norkin. Come and have a talk with him." Damien spoke.
Darién carefully placed his legs upon the table and spoke;
So old man, Do you indeed sell MoonBlades? Or can you only cheat and deceive people? You must be really bad in what you do. I would prefer being good in my expertise and give the people what they really want….. And Darién grinned for his comment, For he knew he always satisfied his contract on that what he wanted.

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 7/5/05 17:07
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]