Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arth's Spot(Voldar)  (Read 119248 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #735 on: January 30, 2008, 12:17:21 AM »

Damien noticed that the Orc and Seh'nara were about to leave the inn. "Um excuse me Seh'nara, but may I ask where you are going? I was hoping to talk to you about something," Damien asked.

He motioned back to the table where Tanari sat drawing. "How about you and you too, neighbor, come and sit with me and Tanny and my friend Altario and perhaps we can all help each other. By the way neighbor my name is Damien, Damien Scar, Commander of Voldar's armies and you are?" Damien asked.

OOC, I am sorry if Damien had already introduced himself to you Grial, but I forget easily.
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #736 on: February 01, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »

Seh'nara stood up at Grial's prompt. Gesturing to the door, she flashed a grin at Thai and Bregan beofre attem,pting to head in that direction herself. Before she could take any more than mere steps from the table, an apologetic voice called her back. Spinning on her heel, her whole body twisted back gracefully, alert as her name was called. Confusion gazed out from hazel eyes as she studied the one that was Damien Scar.

What did he want with her? How did her know her name? The two things stood out glaringly at her. Racking her memory, Seh'nara couldn't remember giving him her name, much less meet him. And she is pretty good with faces. However, there was nothing but kindness and something akin to worry in his brown eyes. Maybe he wan't such a bad sort; maybe he had something worth her while.

Deciding to go with her instincts, she nodded at Grial, before reclaiming her seat. Inclining her head in a gesture of aknowlegement, her lilting voice greeted him. "Pleasure, Commander. May I ask what you wish of me? And a short summary of how you got my name would be apprecieated as well." The formality of her words were belied by the small wink she threw in his direction. Lets see what he wants.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #737 on: February 01, 2008, 10:57:48 PM »

Damien was taken with the young girl. What is it about elven women? he thought as he thought of Tanny sitting by herself waiting paitently for him to return. He smiled at Seh'nara.

"Actually the pleasure is mine. And are you not the sister of Allyssel? I believe that is where I found our your name. However formal introductions is required. My name is Damien Scar, or Commander, but I prefer just Damien to my friends and I would like to have you as my friend," he threw a wink back at her along with a genuine warm smile.

"I noticed that you were heading out and before you did I was wondering if you could help me and my friend Altario over there," he nodded behind him to the big man at the bar, "by coming along with us along with Silver and help search for some children we believe have been kidnapped. But, if you have other plans with this one," he nodded graciously in the Orc's direction, "and this little blonde girl then by all means take care of that buisness first. I do not know what buisness you two, three have but perhaps I can help if you do not mind telling what it is your planning on doing?" He asked, sweeping his eyes between the orc and Seh'nara.
Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #738 on: February 02, 2008, 05:27:40 AM »

As Grial walked towards the door , he heard a man voice behind him , a voice that asked them to join to discuss some matter of utter urgency .
Silently Grial observed as Seh´nara talked with the man called Damien Scar and with a gest asked Grial to sit , but instead he seated Lyra i , remaining in a straight position near her.

It seemed that the matter was grave indeed and as Grial heard of kidnapped children , his single heard flickered dangerously , making several sparks of red hues .
What matter of coward would do this to a child ... , Grial taught as he unconsciously stroke Lyra blond hair , not daring to think what he do if such dreadful thing would happen to her .
Before Seh´nara could answer , Grial spoke in a slow and booming voice " Is this true ? Is children being kidnapped ? If so something must be done and quickly ..."
Grial red eye looked directly at Damien waiting for the man answer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 05:30:46 AM by Grial » Logged

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #739 on: February 03, 2008, 03:51:22 AM »

Damien motioned for Altario to join him. Altario came over to where Damien, Grial, Lyra and Seh'nara were. They all went and sat down at the table where Tanny sat. Damien introduced Tanny to them all and then he heard Grial's question before Seh'nara could answer him.

Damien looked at Grial's red eyes and saw anger and purpose in them.  He nodded, "Grial, I am not accustomed to Orcish society but here we sometimes have children whose parents have either died or do not care about them and they find themselves living on the streets; survivng as best as they can. The King knows about this problem and has tried to address it by offering the homeless places to stay, such as the many temples in the city, but some choose a life of crime to survive and join an underground organization called the MadCaps and then there are some who are kidnapped by these criminals and are forced into a life of crime; girls or young women are forced into prostitution, the selling of the their bodies to men for the men's pleasure, and the boy's or men are taught to steal."

Damien paused as he allowed Grial to try and understand all of this, sometimes even Damien did not understand and then he continued.

"I used to know the leader of the MadCaps and he and I had a understanding, no kidnapping of anyone, but especially children. This kidnapping tells me that either the leader of the MadCaps is dead and new leader has arisen or he has decided to renege on our deal.  I also have a spy in their organization, but I have not heard from him either."

Damien paused again thinking about Horace and hoping the man was still alive.

"So, Grial I hope I answered your question, even if it was much information to digest. And yes, I plan on stopping it along with Altario and Silver. Since I do not have contact with the MadCaps anymore and I have discovered that they have moved since I last knew where they were, I was thining, hoping that if Silver smelled something of one of the children that he could follow her scent and we could find her. I know in a city this large with so much of a diverse population along with the animals that it is a long shot but it is the only thing I can think of, unless we happen to get lucky and see either one of them in the street. However, the new ones are usually watched very carefully by others unseen and unfortunately most of the MadCaps know me by sight and as soon as I or even an unusual amount of guards begin sniffing around, they will go underground and wait us out."

Damien had answered Grial's question but he addressed his answer to everyone at the table so that all knew what was going on and the stakes involved.

Suddenly through the open window Damien heard the town criers "Commander Scar you are requested to come to the Palace as soon as possible."  The voice paused a moment and then repeated the statement."

Damien rose. He knew that though the King used the words "requested and as soon as possible" he really meant now! Damien shook his head, Not now! What does he want? It must be pretty important to have the town criers ask for him openly, usually he just sends a messenger to look for him.

"I am sorry, but I must leave and go to the Palace. Perhaps whatever your buisness was you could continue, or you could start without me. Altario knows the descriptions of the boy and girl and he gave the girl a blanket which has her scent on it and we found at the scene of her abduction." It is your decision. I shall return as soon as I possibly can. I promise."

He looked at Tanny, Do you want to come or stay here?"

Tanny packed her things quickly, smiled up at him and said, "Let's go."

Damien nodded toward the group and then with Tanny by his side rushed out of the inn.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #740 on: February 18, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »

Altario stood by, silently fuming at this commander who so easily suffered the presence on an orc.  Granted, an orc who cared for a human child, but an orc none the less.  There was no room in Altario's heart for friendship with an orc.  Too much blood had been spilled in his past, both human and orc.  But it appeared that the commander had no such qualms.  If there could have been one way that Scar could have lost status in Altario's eyes, it was this.

Still, Altario stood silent as Scar recounted the information on the Madcaps.  It would appear that they had a plan in the works, but just then, Damien was called away, leaving Altario alone with the girl, her wolf, and this orc.  Spite came easily to his lips.  "It seems strange to me, Orc, that you should be offended by the kidnapping of human children.  Your race has done far worse."   He glanced at the child in the orc's care.  "And I have to wonder at how you managed to come into the care of a child."

He regretted the tone of his words almost immediately, at seeing how the child looked so adoringly at her inhuman guardian.  No matter how he thought of this orc, the child obviously loved it.  It only made him sadder; that she was so trusting towards such types of monsters.

He faced the younger woman.  "Can your wolf track?"  He grabbed the blanket and held it out toward her. "Or is this nothing but a waste of time?  The blanket was in the child's hands for no more than a few moments.  It will have mostly my scent on it."  He knew that Icemuts could track if given clothing that had a strong scent on it, but it had to be something worn often by the one to be tracked.  Would this work, he wondered?

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #741 on: February 22, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »

The hairs on the back of her neck prickled in response to the overwhelming fury Altario was giving off. And by the looks of it, Grial was none too happy about the man's words either. Perhaps she was just relatively sheltered, but she rarely encountered people who disliked another at a glance merely because they were of a certain race. Well, to be more specific, people who annouced it so brazenly. Surely there was no reason to be biased because of something that wasn't one's fault.

An eyebrown was raised in the direction of the older Remusiat. Before she could speak in Grial's defense, however, Altario's blanket was thrust towards her, with an order to track. A small frown tugged at Seh'nara's mouth. She was willing to get Silver to do the tracking, but the least that Altario could do was to ask it in a politer tone. With the way he was going, she doubted that neither Grial nor herself would much like him at the end of the day.

Seh'nara knew that she had to diffuse the situation the best she could before it erupted. A gentle smile was plastered on her face, easy to show as she sincerely wanted to help.

"Of course, Sir Altario. I shall set Silver on it immediately. You'll have to allow Silver to sniff you, so that he can discern your sent and the girl's." Her hand shot out to recieve the fabric, and as soon as it was in her hands, she knelt down to her canine's side. Motioning to the gruff human, Seh'nara patted Silver's head as encouragement. Silver trotted to his side and promptly sniffed Altario's hand. A few seconds later, he walked back to his mistress where she held out the piece of tattered cloth.

A few tense seconds later, Silver lifted his head and gave a joyful bark. She could feel a smile growing on her face. "Well, gentlemen. It would seem that Silver has found the elusive scent. Shall we leave?" Seh'nara politely gestured towards the doors, indicating the world outside.

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #742 on: March 02, 2008, 01:37:04 PM »

Altario sniffed at the girls assurances that her wolf could discern the differences in his scent from the child's, but he allowed the canine to smell his hand.  Afterwards, he casually wiped his hand against his pant leg.  There was a bark and the girl smiled and invited them to follow her.

He sighed, but moved forward to keep up.  "What is your name, woman?"   Although he was trying to make himself appear cordial, he knew that the tone of his voice only further confirmed his gruffness.  If they were going to work together, then they would need to get along.  "I do offer my apologies for my harsh words, but I have seen much in my lifetime, of orcs and the inhumanity they do upon others.  I have seen ladies younger than yourself, brutally savaged and then killed.  I find those images hard to rid myself of, and my emotions naturally flow from them, no matter how I might try."

Altario stepped out onto the street and waited for wolf and girl to lead the way.  Even if this were a fool's errand, he was glad for the company.  And that little girl, lost, probably scared, needed someone to help her.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #743 on: March 03, 2008, 11:15:42 AM »

Cold chisps flickered on Grial eyes as he heard the human spitfull words , Grial clenched his mace until his knuckles hurt , in his youth he would never let a human speak to him like that less he would like to be crushed but that was then ...

His advanced age has softened his heart and he had a greater purpose now ,  Lyra... 
Picking up Lyra he looked towards the young elfess Seh`nara and said with a voice full of contempt " Well little one shall we go ?  It seems that patience is not a virtue found on that human and the quicker we found the missing children , we could part ways , it would be best for all of us , that one is full of hate something that is slowly consuming him ..."
Not saying another word Grial make sure that his mace was at arms reach for something on his gut told him that " Scarlet Crusher " would became tainted with blood again ...
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 11:20:05 AM by Grial » Logged

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
Story Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #744 on: March 06, 2008, 11:57:16 PM »

Seh'nara's hazel orbs flickered in annoyance. Honestly, was "manners" not a word in the human's vocabulary? Did he not know the importance of politeness in civil company? Well, Altario certainly didn't count Grial as "civil company", that was obvious.

Even so, Seh'nara still disliked the way the Remusiat's demanour towards her. It was starting to tick her off. "I am Seh'nara, Sir Altario." Seh'nara said sharply, making a dig at his title on purpose. Her chin was held high as she addressed him. Although she felt for his evidently hard life, it was her opinion that he at least made an effort to keep a lid on his feelings towards orcs.

The gentle wind carassed her face gently as the elfess stepped out from the tavern into the crisp noon air. As her locks were thrown into a gentle disarray, Seh'nara couldn't help but feel rejuvinated and refreshed. Perhaps the day would turn out good. Despite the morning's harsh start, she had faith in Silver's tracking abilities, and she was confident that they would find the kids soon enough.

Silver's pawsteps quickened, and his snout pointed towards a stall in the street. "Well, looks like he's headed thataways. Perhaps they've been there recently?" Seh'nara mused aloud, as she followed her canine.

Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #745 on: March 07, 2008, 04:30:17 AM »

As they headed out, Altario's eyes came to rest on the orc.  In particular, the huge mace the beast so easily carried.  That weapon had seen blood before, of that he was sure.  Catching quickly the look in the creatures eyes, a thin sneer came to the Remusian's mouth. 

You want to kill me, don't you.  Oh, yes, that is so obvious.  I don't care how you pretend to be human, caring for that child, you are in truth a murderous creature and it will not be long before your true nature comes to show.  When it does, I'll be here.  Waiting.

The girl's introduction drew him from his musings.  He focused on her again.  Seh'nara.  Was that elf?  He hadn't even noticed she wasn't human.  He had met a few elves during the war.  Some of whom had served with distinction during the siege.  Some... well, he supposed their were good and bad in nearly every race.  Except orcs.  He inclined his head politely at her, but saved his voice.  Small talk from him with these two would be uncommon at best.

Suddenly, the wolf's gait began to quicken, and the elf uttered her hopes at finding the scent.  If so, then Altario was impressed.  It seemed the wolf was more adept at tracking than he had originally given it credit.  That, at least, he was hoping he had been mistaken.  The lost child needed them.  And he would do anything to find Nay-, the girl.

Even suffer the presence of an orc.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:19:20 AM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat

Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #746 on: March 15, 2008, 10:35:52 PM »

Red eyes followed the wolf as he seemingly picked up the trail of the lost children , Good , it seems that the wolf has not failed us ...
Grial looked towards Seh´nara , the young elfess did not lie and the quicker they found the children the better , the human was starting to bore Grial with all the looking and distrust , but no , there was more ...
it was hate , pure and uncontrolled  hate towards orcs , made Grial wonder on what happened to this human to change him so .

Grial had heard that not all orcs were honorable , some driven only to inflict pain and sorrow , The human has suffered greatly that i am sure , but not by Orcristh , my brethren are violent but not murderers , maybe Losh - orcs ? Ha true orcs they call themselves , a true orc is driven by honor not pointless rage and blood lust ...

Looking at Lyra sleeping oblivious at was happening , Grial knew that the trio had to finish their task before violence happened between them , so Grial turned towards the elfess saying " It seems your little friend has picked the children scent , shall we follow it ?"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #747 on: April 01, 2008, 12:43:00 AM »

Seh'nara

It seems your little friend has picked the children scent , shall we follow it ?" Grial asked.

Seh'nara nodded and let Silver take the lead. "Let's see where Silver leads us," she said excitedly as she followed her friend.

Silver led them out to Cedric's street.

OOC rest of post will be in Cedric's street.
Roslynn Chadwick
Stammering Belle
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #748 on: April 08, 2008, 11:38:50 PM »

Roslynn stood in front of the Inn and looked up at the sign. Arth's Spot... Well, she was here and still as nervous as ever about asking for employment. She needed to pull herself together if she was ever going to be able to successfully start a life for herself. With a newfound determination she pulled her bag more securely over her shoulder before opening the front door and stepping inside.

There didn't seem to be an abundance of patrons in the main lobby, in fact it was almost completely vacant aside from the employees. There was a drunkard collapsed at the bar, passed out over the surface of it, and one other man was walking down the stairs and heading towards the door. Moving to the bar she took the furthest seat she could away from the drunkard before leaning forward slightly to grab the bar tenders attention. "E-Excuse me sir. Could you p-perhaps tell me where I could find a man named T-Thai?"

She wondered silently what kind of employment this man might have for her. While willing to do just about anything, there weren't many things she had the knowledge or skills for. Luckily she was a fast and eager study, especially when it came to her livelihood.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:34:05 AM by Roslynn Chadwick » Logged

A fool may ask more than
any wise man can ever answer.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #749 on: April 10, 2008, 10:44:47 PM »

Bregan noticed her first and when she walked up to the bar he quickly stepped forward. He always did have a hankering for a red head and she sure did look pretty.  Thai was busy checking things out in the kitchen and besides Bregan would rather talk to the red head than throw the sleeping drunk out side. Thai did not appreciate drunkards who slept on his bar. In his mind it drove customers away, and Bregan had to admit he was right.

"E-Excuse me sir. Could you p-perhaps tell me where I could find a man named T-Thai?" she asked.

Bregan thought, always Thai. Why not me once in a while? What does Thai have that I don't. I am younger, better looking, well at least I have flatter stomache. She is very nervous too.

"Hello Miss, name is Bregan. Thai is in the kitchen. Perhaps I can help you with whatever you need? A room? A drink to ward of the chill? Or perhaps just a friend?" He asked, giving her a nice smile.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]