Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {SC} Nightwind Plaza  (Read 7911 times)
Isaraldor Glamthail
Mystic of the Wind
Approved Character

« on: February 05, 2005, 08:40:22 AM »

One of the lesser known plazas of Nyermersys is the Nightwind Plaza. Coming around into the central courtyard of this complex you will find several stalls setup outside, usually consisting of travelling traders who rent out a square for the day, week or the duration of their stay. Inside the U-Shaped Plaza lay various full-time established merchants of Nyermersys.

Often considered the Black Market of Nyermersys you can find anything from mercenaries to illegal poisons to magical cloaks and items. They also seem to host several normal establishments for the residents of the Southern City.

sig made by gararion

Can you withstand my eternal onslaught of wind and water?
Isaraldor Glamthail-Santharia

Ever meet the fury of the wind?
Scael Pelegrene
Rapscallion and Swashbuckler
Approved Character

Human, Stratanian

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »

As the guards rifle through Scael's belongings, he mumbles incoherently. The guards freeze as he opens his eyes and giggles at one of them, "Really madam...this forwardness is unseemly...and quite delightful.."

Scael's smile fades again as he slips back into unconsciousness. The guards, with mutual sighs of relief, end their searching and continue carrying Scael to the hospital.

{OOC Continued in Hospital}

“I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression.” - Dylan Thomas
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 05:19:44 AM »

After the two, what seems like buddies, leave, he looks in the shop to see what is there, after that he opens the door to the shack, and sees what is there. Alright, I need to head over to Brok's Rest so I can see what kind of help I can get. With that, he heads for the direction, in which he thinks, is Brok's Rest. After asking a few people on the way to it, he finally finds it.

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:27:08 AM »

OOC: For Kali. Sorry I haven't been posting as regularly as I should have.

Bat leads you through Nightwind Plaza, introducing various shops as she goes along. "That shop on your right is the poison shop, which sells every poison you can think of. Opposite that is the jewelry and clothes shop, it does a discount for the Milari, cuz we sometimes provide them with what they sell. And further along is the bookshop, even Miasma...I mean Mystran, sorry...agrees it sells some very interesting books. It's well suited for lovable dorks like Xazure..." she rattled on and on, barely pausing for breath, until they reached what you suppose must be Gigi's shop.

It looks very run down and shabby, with a crooked, filthy sign hanging above the doorway saying, "HAV YER FORCHUNE TOLDD HEER!!!" There are cracks in the wall, with the occasional plant growing out of them. As you enter, you are greeted with an ear-piercing ring above your head. The shop is filled with exotic objects and everything from colorful scarves draped over furniture to weapons swinging dangerously above your head. A messy woman with a long nose sits at a small circular table in front of you, gazing intently into her cup of tea, with her back facing you both. She hasn't seemed to have noticed the bell ringing at your entrances.

Bat crouches down, creeps up behind Gigi with a mischievous grin and suddenly grabs hold of Gigi's shoulder, yelling "AAAAAARGH!!!" Gigi screams and drops her plastic cup onto the ground, spilling its liquid contents. She jumps up and wheels round to face Bat. Her face undergoes a series of emotions, her expressions quickly changing from fear to relief, to indignancy, to welcoming. "Ah, you little Bat!" she says, beaming. "You not be called little Bat, oh no, instead you be called little Rat! You sneak up on me and interrupt me from reading my tea leaves, yes you did! Now, you would like your Gossip news from me, yes?"

Bat gives Gigi a quick hug, before answering, "Well, yeah, but first, allow me to introduce Kali, the newest member of the Milari. She wanted to see a person who made it their business to know everything going on, so I brought her to you, oh great Gigi!" Gigi turns on you and gives you a crushing hug and an enthusiastic handshake. "Welcome Karlee! I'm sure you enjoy the Milari, yes? Yes." she said, happily assuming you are delighted to join the all-girl gang.

With a bow, Bat heads for the exit. "I'll leave you two in private for 10 minutes. I want to go and buy some food and trinkets. When I come back, you can give me the gossip." She waves to you and strides out the door. "Now, Karlee, what you want from poor, humble nosy Gigi?" Gigi asks you, spreading her hands.

Leonie d'Ambert
Healer
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 11:02:48 AM »

Glancing upward at the street sign that marked her whereabouts at Nightwind Plaza, she then surveyed her surroundings with a sigh. Well, I made it here... But where is the general store? It was mainly luck that allowed Leonie to find her way about the city and she wasn't entirely sure if she would be able to find her way back the to gate from which she entered.
     Taking several steps forward she peers in through the windows as several shops in her range of vision, but not finding that one that she needs.  Biting warily at her lower lip she brings up her hand to scratch the that back of her neck and seems extremely puzzled.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:29:31 AM by Leonie d'Ambert » Logged

It is precisely when you have given up hope that a good man will become a hero.  It is why they are worth all the trouble.

http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4227.0
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 11:49:11 PM »

As you breeze through the streets, Leonie, your eyes wander from this exotic extract, herb, and poison shop, to a clothing and jewelry store, then to a tea shop.  Wait, a tea shop, in this squalid locale?  Oh, here, there’s a splintered shingle hanging down in front of the store, proclaiming “HAV YER FORCHUNE TOLDD HEER!!!"  Surely, the guard must have mistaken you for a babe in the woods, because this certainly is not the locale for exclusive quality merchandise that he had described.  Just a moment after thinking this, a pleasant dark-haired, fair-skinned young woman strides gleefully out of this same fortune-teller’s shop, making a malise-line path for the jewelry store.

In this cul-de-sac of stores, your eyes land upon a vacant store.  Though the shingle has been taken down from the front of the store, the wares for public display are still out in front: bats’ wings, a dried frog, and some horrid-looking stone which looks like a ball of digested hair.  In spite of the nauseating display of items in the side tent, the red-and-white striped awning on the store, as well as the rustic charm of the front desk in the shop, convey some degree of inviting commonality.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 12:11:53 AM »

With Treloth following him, he makes his way to his shop. He enters the shop, taking a better look around.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 04:06:53 AM by Weivóc'Neán » Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 12:34:58 AM »

Treloth wipes a pair of remaining tears streaking his cheeks, then brightly chimes in, "Mister, I'd be happy to pick up any supplies we need to start up.  What would you like me whip 'round and pick up?  Oh, and while we're at it, could you spot me some coin to do the shopping?"

Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 01:02:06 AM »

"Ok, but first, I want to see what is all here in the shop and the storage room." after saying that to Treloth, he quickly looks around tosee what is all in the shop.

Leonie d'Ambert
Healer
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 03:43:26 AM »

Her options were quite daunting and seemed to grow even worse by the minute.  Resigned to giving up and trying to find her way back to the gate, she brings her horse about but stops when she comes face to face with a display of bat wings, a dried frog and who knows what else.  With a shudder she turns her face away before taking a step to the side.  On a second thought she examined the shop more closely before making the decision to go in and ask for directions, hoping she would have more luck this time.
     She tied her horse's reins to a street post and thought to herself that it might have been a good idea to leave Old Sam in a stable instead of leading him around with her.  With a mental shrug she steps towards the shop and peers inside before rapping softly on the door frame. "Hello, excuse me? Is anyone here?"  All the while telling herself that she should simply get back to camp, and as quickly possible.  Perhaps I'll stop at the herb shop first... She shook her head slightly. No. I'll either get directions to a general store or leave. Yes, that's what I'll do. With a new determination she took a small step into the shop and called out once again. "Excuse me?"

It is precisely when you have given up hope that a good man will become a hero.  It is why they are worth all the trouble.

Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 04:10:48 AM »

After saying he wants to know what is all in the shop at the moment, he then hears someone call out. He turns to see a young woman just entering the shop. He says to the newcomer, "Hello, I haven't seen what all I have yet since I just purchased this shop today. You can have a look around and see if there is anything you want, if so let me or my assistant know." With that, he then starts looking around some more, trying to keep track in his mind what all he has available.

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 05:40:55 AM »

Kali chuckles as Bat speaks of the Great Gossiper, Gigi, and starts to feel more secure with her surroundings.  Bat excuses herself in order to consult Rana about their proposed visitation and Kali wonders silently how much of the business that goes on here must past through Rana first.  Bat returns several moments later and explains that they've been given permission to visit Gigi and pushes her out through the entrance of the headquarters.  Wouldn't it be better to leave the map here? Kali thinks briefly, but then considers how much simpler it will be to navigate with it, I'll just be sure to keep it discreet and safe.

As they leave the headquarters, Kali studies the map until they reach the street, at which time she rolls it up and conceals it under the protection of her cloak.  Determined to walk with her hood down so as to be better able to observe her surroundings, Kali steels herself for the task, assuming a hard expression as she does so.  Their journey to Nightwind Plaza is short, given its close proximity to the headquarters, and Bat talks intently as they pass the various shops gracing the place.  Kali focuses on her chatter, both in order to learn about the city, and as a means of taking her mind off the multitude of people going about their various businesses.  Finally they arrive at a little shop hung with the sign: HAV YER FORCHUNE TOLDD HEER.

The bell rings heralding their entrance but does little to alert the unkempt woman sitting with her back facing the door.  How is someone as oblivious as this supposed to be of any use whatsoever? Kali asks herself, exasperated.  Bat sneaks across the room to the woman and announces their presence by grabbing her and yelling indiscriminately.  Kali can't help but smile as the woman jumps out of her chair and whirls to face Bat, her face undergoing a fast-paced series of changes.  In the end she recognizes Bat and the two of them exchange greetings, and Bat introduces Kali and explains the reason for their visit.  After the greetings are finished, Bat turns towards the exit and says, takes her leave much to Kali's relief.  No audience, good, Kali thinks and waits for Bat to leave the shop.

Gigi begins by asking, "Now, Karlee, what you want from poor, humble nosy Gigi?"  Kali considers correcting her but decides against it; it's of little consequence how she calls me, she thinks.  Before responding, Kali casts her mind back over the note she had read before her encounter with the Milari.  Slipping into her 'work' frame of mind Kali think for a moment what it is she could really ask of this woman.  I feel so lost, she thinks, but delays no further and takes a shaky breath.

Kali shakes her head and smirks before beginning in a confidential tone, "I've had a strange time in your city since coming here, it almost seems as though half the city expected my arrival.  I was approached by a man at the gates who requested that I find some information for him.  I need to know anything you can tell me about Dioryeloel," Kali struggles to pronounce the word, then pauses and sighs, hoping that she doesn't sound too naive, "snooping around in the city."

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Leonie d'Ambert
Healer
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 05:57:13 AM »

Her brow furrowed as she looked about the place. "Thank you sir. I was looking for a general store, but I don't suppose your shop has flour and eggs in stock?" Her voice sounded doubtful as she leaned over a crate that was emitting a foul odor and decided that it wouldn't be wise to try to determine its contents.

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 06:21:29 AM »

"It be Dioryeoleal, I think." Gigi says helpfully. Then she closes her eyes and leans back in her chair. She frowns, and her eyes slowly open, but they don't appear to see anything. She remains in this strange trance for a while, before blinking and looking at Kali.

"Somebody's hired you to do this, right?" she says, her speech becoming suspiciously clearer. "Many people want your service, Kali. You need to be careful about who you choose to serve." she drums her fingers absentmindedly on the grimy table. "As it happens, a Dioryeoleal has recently entered the city. She is called...." Gigi struggles with the name. "Aviva, or Ayava, or something like that. She is a spy or an assassin or something like that, so there is a good chance that she is the elf you want.

"I think the Milari will get hold of her soon...you can spy on her from there. But on no account," she says fiercely, looking at you straight in the eye, "On no account should you tell any member of the Milari about this, because they are loyal to each other to the end, even that stupid girl...what's she called...Mystran. If they find out you're spying on one of their own, they will treat the matter very seriously. Keep the letter a secret."

Then Gigi smiles at you. "Nothing happen between us, yes? Yes." she says, her strange accent coming back. "Bat ask, then you say is private matter, yes. And you want to know how I know everything in city? All I tell you is, I see with my inner eye." she gives you another crushing hug, just as Bat comes back, carrying a bag which is supposedly filled with jewelry. "Made a great deal, got everything for a silverbard off." she grins from ear to ear. "Have you found out what you wanted? You have? Alright then, let's go. Bye, Gigi!"

As you and Bat are heading back to the Milari's Headquarters, Bat suddenly slaps her forehead. "Dang, I forgot to ask Gigi for the gossip. Ah well, Rana can send someone else any time." she looks at you curiously. "What did you want from Gigi anyway?"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 06:23:30 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 11:13:57 AM »

Weivóc, as you inspect the contents of your store, you reflect on how organized the inventory seems to be, even if much of the baubles in here are unrecognizable except to an eccentric, such as your new shop assistant.  You open up cupboards of some sort of alchemists' paraphernalia, including flasks, mortars, pestles, and small oil lamps.  A crate behind the front desk holds different sorts of herbs, leaves, and roots, some of them marked with tags, some unlabeled.  Opening an urn at the bottom of this crate releases some pungent, sulfuric odor, and you hastily seal the urn once more.

Treloth comes round the front desk and addresses you, "In case you wanted to go over the inventory, sir, I can recite to you what I recall.  We have various herbs, though I can't read the labels of many of them, sir.  The alchemists' tools are in the cupboard to your left, and over on your right, in the display case, are our bezoars and magic crystals.  We have some few candles left, though I'm afraid the scented ones have all lost their perfume.

"Is there anything you require of me at the moment, sir, or shall I go fetch those supplies you requested?"

Kelancey the Green
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]