Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {SC} Nightwind Plaza  (Read 7895 times)
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 02:58:34 PM »

As he listens to Treloth recite what they have and hear that they do not have what she is looking for, he then replies "Yes Treloth, please be a nice man and fetch what this young lady wants. Now how much flour and eggs do you wish to have?" directed towards the young lady.

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Leonie d'Ambert
Healer
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 10:35:24 PM »

She ponders his question for a moment. "Lets see... I suppose I'll need about 6 dozen eggs and probably 1 Heb and 9 Mut of flour." Thinking this over for a moment or so longer she nods and smiles slightly. "Yes, that sounds about right." With thirteen other people in her entourage she should have probably gotten more, but there is no way she could fit more than that on Old Sam.

It is precisely when you have given up hope that a good man will become a hero.  It is why they are worth all the trouble.

http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4227.0
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 12:10:47 AM »

"Is that all, or do you need something else. Don't worry about him not being able to carry all of it, I can help him and we can perform multiple trips if needed, it is no problem." He then says to the young lady.

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 05:14:37 AM »

Kali listens carefully to what Gigi has to say, taking careful note of everything says.  The clarity with which she speaks unsettles Kali at first, but she gets used to the rhythm of the woman's speech and concentrates on the information rather then the words.  Gigi finishes her disclosure saying, "Keep the letter a secret."

Bloodspit, Kali curses to herself, looks like I get to be on my own for a little while longer.  She is surprised by the feeling of disappointment and trepidation that came as a result of this new information.  It was almost as though she had been looking forward to having some group to belong to.  She takes a deep breath to chase the emotion away and listens to the rest of what Gigi has to say.

Gigi finishes with a crushing hug which is barely returned by Kali.  She pats her back as Gigi backs away from the embrace and then pulls away as Bat reenters the shop in high spirits laden with what appears to be a bag of jewelery.  She turns to Kali and asks, "Have you found out what you wanted?" Kali nods, still lost in thought over what Gigi had told her.  "You have? Alright then, let's go. Bye, Gigi!"  The two women leave the shop and step out into the plaza.

As they walk through the street Bat suddenly remembers that she had forgotten to ask Gigi for the gossip of the town.  She then turns to Kali and asks, "What did you want from Gigi anyway?"

The answer comes automatically, "It's a private matter."  Kali smiles sheepishly at Bat and fidgets uncomfortably as if she's trying to decide whether to say more.  When she speaks again it's a change of subject. "Gigi's certainly an interesting person, I can see why she's of such value to you," she considers Gigi's position for a moment then adds, "I hope she's able to keep out of trouble, being a know-it-all can be dangerous."  Kali grins up at Bat.

As they walk Kali looks at the rolled map in her hands and hopes that she hasn't creased it too badly during their errand.  Remembering the note in her pocket, she slips her hand surreptitiously into her pocket and runs her fingers over the paper and wax seal.  She returns her hand to her side and looks at Bat again then, realizing that she's had little to eat since arriving at the city, asks, "Is there anything to eat when we get back?"

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 09:09:53 AM »

Aváíyá takes the woman’s words in very carefully, there is something wrong about her, but Aváí could put a mark on it, she’d be extra careful to where this woman was taking her. She had heard some pretty crazy stories about this city and she didn’t want to end up at the end of one. She follows her out the door.

Noting every turn and steps mentally for a quick escape of some sort, Aváíyá lifts a brow at the sign ‘Beggars ally’, this defiantly was starting to sound as if this woman might be planning on turning Aváíyá in a story, although she probably had to idea what she would be up against.

Aváíyá frowns at the woman standing guard although goes inside none the less. The
Tunnel is not light very brightly it’s actually lit by torches; Aváí puts a hand on the walls to keep from running into something.

“Where are we going? I can barely see a thing!”

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 12:23:27 PM »

Bat still hadn't quite come back to earth over the great deals she made at the jewelry shop, and was still gloating over it when Kali asked if there was anything to eat when they got back. Bat smiled, mostly because it was a frequent first question among new Milari members.

"Oh naw, that ain't how our system works." she replied. "We all buy or steal our own food. It's easier that way, cuz everyone has different tastes, ya know? Course, there are foods which everyone likes, so sometimes we pay a generous member to bring back a pile of da mouth-watering stuff. Then we get distributed it according to how much money we gave. But that don't happen often, since lotsa Milari fools - yes, I admit it, we've got some not-so-bright ones among us - gamble their money away. Only reason why Rana don't forbid it is that she believes in 'freedom to make their own choices'." Bat rolled her eyes.

She continued, "Rana don't tell uz nuthin' bout her past, but we believe she came from a...whatsitcalled...eddicated family. That would explain how she can read AND write. Anyway, I s'pose her rich posh family kept her on a tight rein, and she don't wanna do the same to uz. Which has some goods bout it. For starters, she taught numbers to the members who wanna learn. Even Mystran was fascinated. So now I know how to write up to 1000." Bat puffed out her chest comically with pride. "So yeah, sorry I got a little carried away, but that's the explanation of why there ain't gonna be nuthin' to eat when we get back. We still haven't reached, so if you wanna buy something now, go ahead. I'll come with ya if ya want." Bat waited for Kali's desicion.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:24:11 PM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 01:07:52 PM »

Dassrýn looks at you, gives her what she thinks to be a comforting smile and leads her on, saying, "Don't worry, you won't be harmed," totally oblivious to the effect those words might have on you.

After a while, you notice that the tunnel is getting brighter. You hear more voices, and you can see the end of that particular tunnel. You are led out into what appears to be where all tunnels meet. There are people everywhere in the heart of the tunnels, idling around or talking to others. One odd thing you notice about them is that there are no men among them.

"Hey Rana!" Dassrýn calls out loudly, startling many of the people there. Now that Stazia's got their attention, they've started to notice you, judging by the pointing and whispers. One particular woman with an arrogant point to her chin stares at you in an unfriendly way, and says loudly, "Geez, not another one!"

"QUIET!" a voice boomed. Everyone jumped again. Then a few people parted to let someone through, supposedly the owner of the boomng voice. They reveal an authoritative-looking woman with long dark brown hair and ice-blue eyes. She studies you for what seems like quite some time. You take her to be Rana.

"I've found one, Rana!" Dassrýn says excitedly. The way she talks about you gives you the impression of an eccentric butterfly collector talking about his discovery of a very rare butterfly.

"Yes, Stazia, I see that you have." Rana says, nodding at her. Funny, didn't the woman who led her here say her name was Dassrýn? "Well done." Stazia beams happily like a child. Rana, meanwhile, turns her gaze back on you. "I suppose you must be wondering what's happening." she says, her tone sympathetic and understanding to a certain extent.

"I'm Artapherana, Rana or short," she introduces herself. "We aren't going to hurt you in any way unless you attack us. I hope common sense will tell you that it's fruitless to try. We're all members of an all-girl gang called the Milari, after the wild cat. We're rival gangs of another gang, which you'll learn about later.

"Thanks to them, we've lost three good members." she sighs sadly. "We really need help as quickly as possible. Once upon a time, the Milari actually had a reputation. Now we're begging outsiders to join our gang. It feels so...wrong. You look like someone who is good with a weapon. Would you like to join the Milari?

"We might be able to help you with any problems you have right now. Do you need to find out information or spy on someone or something? Just a guess. The thing is, we can help you get around easier. And you wouldn't be wasting time. This might be an opportunity for you. What do you say?"

It's clear her little speech is finished. You get the impression that she has made this speech countless times before. But that seems trivial. It's obvious you need to make your desicion immediately.

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 03:48:00 AM »

Aváíyá blinked a couple times once the tunnel ended and the light came pooling around her, she took in ever face of every single woman, ha no men. Ava felt like a piece of meat being sold on the block, these people were judging her and by what one had said well it made her even more want to turn around and run. She hadn’t forgotten what that woman had said earlier, that’s when Aváíyá had really started to think something was about to go very wrong and she had left her horse in he middle of no where, he would have been of use right now in such a situation.

When the woman who had yelled finally came forth Ava crossed her arms and studied her just as she was doing, she wasn’t afraid of any little ol’ human. She’d killed more then one in her lifetime and she wasn’t about to stop. A smile played itself across her lips, even if the woman had wanted to inspect her it was almost impossible, she had hooded herself and the way the she had created the hood was to make sure only her mouth was visible making it hard for anyone to read her expression. Then finally the woman spoke.

"I suppose you must be wondering what's happening."
Indeed she was wondering, what fool wouldn’t? She’d just been caught into a web.

"I'm Artapherana, Rana for short,"
Ava never called someone by any nicknames, and she knew it irritated some to be called their full name.

"We aren't going to hurt you in any way unless you attack us. I hope common sense will tell you that it's fruitless to try. We're all members of an all-girl gang called the Milari, after the wild cat. We're rival gangs of another gang, which you'll learn about later.”

“Who even says I want to learn? Your business with another gang does not include me; my own life is busy enough that I don’t need hell from someone else.”

"Thanks to them, we've lost three good members. We really need help as quickly as possible. Once upon a time, the Milari actually had a reputation. Now we're begging outsiders to join our gang. It feels so...wrong. You look like someone who is good with a weapon. Would you like to join the Milari?”
Aváíyá looked down at herself then back up her smile clearly gone.

“How can you tell I am good with a weapon if there is no visible mark that I have a weapon on me?”

"We might be able to help you with any problems you have right now. Do you need to find out information or spy on someone or something? Just a guess. The thing is, we can help you get around easier. And you wouldn't be wasting time. This might be an opportunity for you. What do you say?"
Now that had perked her interest, indeed shed did need to find someone and then go kill someone for that somebody. And if this gang was a female she could only guess that they other was an all male club, she could use the help if she were ever attacked when she did settle down with her little shop. Now she had to answer, what would she say?

“I’ll join if I am provided with a suitable home with a stable in a suitable quarter. And I’d like you not to assume so much about one such as myself, you should know better then to judge a dark elf so quickly, for it might stab you in the back later on and don’t think that I would if I wanted too.”

Kali Rae
Raven Songbird
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii of the Korenjaan Order

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 03:02:43 AM »

Bat rambles on for some time, but Kali listens intently with only the occasional sidelong glance to watch her surroundings.  Bat finishes, offering, "We still haven't reached, so if you wanna buy something now, go ahead. I'll come with ya if ya want."  Kali smiles at the offer, but then considers further what it is she needs to do and the smile fades.  I need time to figure out what I to do, so much has happened , she thinks.  Her eyebrows crease with concentration and she bites her lower lip nervously as she decides it best to go off alone.  I won't be too long in any case.

Kali looks up at Bat and smiles.  "I'll only be a moment, besides you'd better get back with your purchases."  She glances at the bag held by Bat and grins more broadly, "Thank you though, I'll find you when I get back, uh, home," she adds.

Having made her goodbyes she turns and walks off back in the direction of the Plaza, pulling her hood back over her face as she goes.   It takes her only a minute or two to get back to the Plaza where she finds a vendor from whom to buy a strip of cured meat and some more of the same fruit she had bought before her meeting with Rana and the gang.  She hands over the Sans with a little reluctance noting with some dismay how light her coin bag is getting.  She thinks back to Bat and her 'excellent deal' on jewelery and wonders briefly how easy it is to get great deals around this part of town, but then looks at the haggard vendor and all considerations of thievery flee her mind.

Deciding to find a more private place before setting up to eat, Kali tucks her purchases away and picks her way through the sunny street with her cloaked head down, looking up only when necessary for navigation.  She moves in the general direction of the Miliari headquarters, but turns off before getting there to find a quieter nook to sit, eat, and read.  She finds a quiet alleyway, and with only a brief glance to scan for possible miscreants, sits down on the dusty ground and takes out the food and tucks the map as best she can into her pocket.  The meat is salty enough to make her eyes water, but is helped down by gulps of water from her waterskin and bites of sweet, juicy fruit.  Once she's choked down as much of the meat as she can stand, she puts the rest away and looks around once more before pulling out the letter given to her at her entry into the city.

Her hands shake and she sets the folded package on her knee and smooths it out, then takes several moments before opening it and looking it over again.  She reads the contents of the letter slowly and deliberately:

To: Kali Rae

Reports of Dioryeoleal scouts infiltrating Nyermersys have reached the ears of Noloc Tracard, and he bids you to investigate their activity in the city.  Though he has not authorized me to offer you any prize for the information you ascertain, he assures me that you will find plenty of loot to plunder from those the dark elves are scouting.  In addition, your presence at the Town Hall is requested, as there is a gnome woman whom we believe has possession of an instrument of great power.  This information was NOT sent to you by His Eminent Virulence Noloc, and any claim of this communication to public authorities will result in denouncing you as a spy and a traitor.

She holds it in her hands and closes her eyes to shut out the world and sits for some time as her mind races as she ponders what to do with her situation.  The Miliari seem to be good people for the most part, vagabonds, but good people.  I doubt anyone else in this city would take me in as they have, if past experiences are anything to go by, besides, they seem pretty content to let their members do their own thing and that suits me just fine.  Still, the letter infected her with a dark thrill from the first time she read it, and the prospect of moving up, that is working for more then just commoners excites her more then anything else.  For several moments her selfish desires wrestle with the prospect of having somewhere to belong but they're resolved with the thought; I can do both can't I?  The people interested in the elves aren't interested in her betrayal of the Miliari, only information about these scouts!  It shouldn't be too hard to please both parties, if I'm careful.  As an afterthought she realizes that she was on her way to the Town Hall when she was accosted by the Miliari, but pays it little attention, thinking, Perhaps I'll go to the Hall later.

Trembling with excitement and grinning to herself, Kali jumps up from the ground and puts the letter back in her pocket before taking out the map looking it over for a couple moments to get her bearings.  Finally, she rolls it up and turns to head back to the Miliari.

-- It is the extraordinary people that we tell stories about; still, everyone has a story if you look hard enough --

Kali Rae
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 02:01:55 AM »

The group of children quickly darted down Beggar's Alley and then disappeared into a sidestreet, and arrived at the front of the Inn. It was at this point that the dog was put down by Rob. Ike went down and sat on the cobblestones by Rob and the dog. "They aren't here yet Tom."
"I think I can see that Tim, that's what I'v got eyes for." Tim retorted.
Ike, still sitting started petting the dog, who seemed much larger than most of the city mongrels that occasionally passed through the sheltered alleyway that the small band used as a home.
Tavis
Loveable Rascal
Approved Character

Mithral Wolf/Dog Mix

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »

Tavis was content with allowing the large boy to carry him around. At the moment he felt fairly safe for the first time today, but after the recent incidents he was still cautious. His muscled were tensed and back paws set firmly so he could leap from the boys grip if necessarily, but that probably wouldn't do him any good with his injured shoulder and weakened condition.

They turned down a sidestreet and moving along toward a large two story building, with a warm, yellowish light peeking from beneath the door and jovial voices hanging in the air. Tavis huddled closer to the big boy for a moment before relaxing as much as he could again. When the child set him down on the ground he inched his way closer to a wall.

The smallest boy, Ike, sat down beside him. He curled up closer to Ike, licking the boys hand twice before setting his big head on the child's small knee. Golden eyes looked up into the youthful boy's face before turning to survey they street they were on. The older boys seemed to be arguing about something but Tavis paid no mind to it. Instead he let out a large yawn, the tip of his tongue curling up and nipping his nose before he scooted closer to the boy, hoping that he would keep petting him. 

Fishing and ear scratching.
The two reasons men were given hands.
Quote: Robin Hobb
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 04:39:46 AM »

Nickal led his motley group and the mute stranger, who was still walking with Corbie to the Black Makaka inn. They were behind he schedule they had planned, what with leading the newcomer along, so thy arrived after the other group they had been planning to meet.

"Thar you are Tom" bellowed Nickal, sticking out his chest in a strutting fashion as his group approached the Makaka; naturally he was trying to appear in charge and able, especially seeing there were two groups that would be watching now. Corbie sniffed ever so quietly and shambled off around the side, beckoning Mika to follow. She pointed to a smaller building behind the inn.

"There's the stable - they don't get many visitors here, so it should be stocked."

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 06:20:40 AM »

"I can see I'm her Nickal! Wer' de hell hav' you been!" Tom bellowed back. To the rest of his group, he said "Don't mess this up you lot."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]