* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Main City Plaza  (Read 7333 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 2338


Human, Hjoria


« on: April 20, 2004, 11:24:22 PM »

The main city plaza is one of the central locations in Nyermersys that bustled with crowds day and night. People from all walks of life thronged its busy streets with their colourful assortment of shops and businesses. It is immediately noticeable that this was one of the more well-off sections of the city, patrons and business-people alike more well-dressed and well-spoken than average.

A few buildings that are landmarks of Nyermersys that stood out to you. First was Nyermersys' townhall, a sturdy, solemn-looking structure right across from the main fountain in the centre of the plaza. Then to the northwest of the plaza was the famed Shrine of Queprur with its busy flow of devotees. The legendary Pest Pillar of Nyermersys lay to the southeast, a few peds away from the headquarters of the Merchant's Guild in Nyermersys, which was known to the citizens of Nyermersys simply as "the Merchant House".

There is much to see and learn if one goes awandering in the main city plaza.  



Edited by: Khiera at: 8/30/04 23:40
Logged
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 146


Human, Centoraurian


« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »

From the gate Arin heads straight forward into the plaza, looking around at the surroundings he had not seen for so long. There was the Paradeway to his right. Soon he is in the plaza, noticing yet more things.

There is the Pestpillar...and so this way is the Townhall...

He mutters to himself. many of the people in the plaza are well dressed, probably merchants. Arin takes no notice of them, though he looks over at the Shrine of Queprur at the other end of the plaza, before wrenching his attention to the Townhall to his side. He enters, and approaches a desk, with no one behind. He calls out for service, and awaits for an answer.
Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 02:19:25 AM »

  Making your way about the city plaza, entering the town hall, people take notice of your white robes.  A shopkeep to your right, lazily slouching with one elbow resting on his stall, stands up straight and follows you with his gaze.  A young girl stops running in the street in front of you, wipes the dirt from the corners of her mouth, and offers you a smile.
  A man covered in dust—from a long road trip, you suspect, though he could as well have been sleeping in it last night—approaches you from South King’s Road, from the direction of Zocharras’ Gate.  He approaches you with a grin and starts with, “Say, here’s a coincidence for ya.  My Nehtorian friend, I’ve just delivered a nobleman to the guards at yon gate.  A visiting noble, mind you.  ‘E was viciously attacked by bandits and left for dead in the road.  If it hadn’t been for me, ‘e would be in a sore spot, I tell you what!  ‘E may be needin’ your help, there.  An’ if you do decide to help him, be sure to tell him it was Elias the Caltharian rug merchant what brought him 'ere in one piece, would'ja?”
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 146


Human, Centoraurian


« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 11:02:36 PM »

Arin's attention shifts to the man who the man who is talking to him, and listens to his story. When he is done, Arin thinks for a second before answering.

My friend, I dearly wish to help this noble of yours, but first I must get some papers from the Townhall. Where is he? I will go to him as soon as I can.

He listens for a location, then walks away to the Townhall.
Logged

Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 82


Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim


« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »

Aváíyá twisted her tongue in her mouth so she could not say more or else be taken to the prison; she eyed the guard and her surroundings once more taking in mental notes. She stepped back, whistled for Toren to get a move on, which he did after he too took some notes of the mare. Aváí rolled her eyes at her stallion before popping her hood once more over her head to hide her features, she didn’t want anybody to recognise her, although she highly doubted anyone would if they had let her pass threw the front gate.

Grabbing her companion’s reins she stepped rather closer to the guard and walked on into the main city plaza, too close in fact she had plotted for Toren to step on his toes since he would move for no one that seemed to bother his master. Weather or not Toren had successfully done so; Aváíyá turned around and whispered loud enough for the guard to hear.

“We’ll see about that”
Never missing a beat in her stride she continued into the mass of people running around with their own errands and businesses. She’d need to find a suitable place to stay for the night which wouldn’t be hard seeing as how the humans were clothed ever so properly, this pleased her and would please Toren as well who would be pampered with oaks tonight.

Scanning the crowd once more with a quick glance here and there, Aváíyá stepped into the flow of people with grace. She was cutting through people who were going horizontally by going vertically herself, which sent some grunts and cursed words to her ears, not that she minded she was completely tuned out as usual. Her first stop would be the merchant’s house wanting to investigate on who was selling what and other little quibble of information she could get out of these people.

Leaving Toren outside on a ‘stay’ mode, Aváí made her way around to what looked to be a counter. There she waited for someone to notice her standing, taking off her hood she wanted to seem as friendly as a dark elf could get.
Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 09:15:58 AM »

  As you scan the crowd, Aváíyá, you hear a high-pitched squeaky voice coming from a what appears to be a beggar or street urchin shambling through the crowd in your direction.  “Missus, oh Missus!  Please look this way!  I over’eard that guard, and ‘eard him tell you to make yor way to the Town Hall.  I’d take you, and it won’t cost you a san!  Just remember me when you’ve conducted yor bizness in town, won’che?”

  Bedecked in a tattered dingy brown hooded robe, eyes barely visible underneath but with a couple of gaps between the teeth of whom, at first glance, appears to be an old, haggardly-looking man, the fellow is hunched such that he almost comes to your shoulders.  All the same, his address to you seems polite and genuine, and his tone is gentle.

  He hobbles toward the center of the plaza, though he dodges and weaves through the amassed daytime crowd with a dexterity perhaps bespeaking a youth to him which otherwise might go unnoticed.  He rests little weight on his walking stick, swinging it at his side in sync with his pace.

  True to his word, he marches you to the front door of the Town Hall, then turns to speak with you once more, though his words are directed to the level of your navel.  “’Ere you are, missus.  Hope to see again in town, if ye don’t mind such!  You’ll be wantin’ ta speak with Missus Dassrýn, the one behin' the treasury desk, not the lady at the Registry table.  She’s the one who’ll get you an audience with th’ right people, if ye know wot I mean.”  Having said that, the feeble man stumbles away and disappears into the crowd.

-=[Aváíyá, you may write your next post at {MV} Town Hall if you wish.]=-
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 66


Human, Erpheronian


« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 02:39:09 PM »

From the gate, Sondirra had the driver take her into the city.  It was a difficult journey, as the crowds were beginning to gather in the plaza, and most would not be deterred from their tasks, especially because of a carriage blocking the street.  Finally, Sondirra climbed out of the carriage, grabbed her lone bag, and paid the driver.  She would make better time on foot.  To where, she had no idea.  But she was thrilled at the excitement of this new and strange city, even at this hour of the day.

She looked about.  Where would she go?  She should look for a place to stay, yes that would be the most prudent choice.  She could not help but smile to herself.  Still, she wanted to go off and explore.  It took every mut of self control to not just abandon her priorities.  No, she had to find a place to stay, and she had to find a way to make some money until she could get a patron.  The money she had left was not going to last all that long. 

Sondirra looked around once more.  Perhaps if she were to compromise....  She could look around and explore, and if she found a rooming house, or perhaps a seamstress shop, she could inquire inside for what she needed.  There was just no way that she could contain the curiosity the dwelt within her.  If there had been a way, she would not be here in the first place.

So, with a bounce in her step, and a look of bliss on her face, she set out to explore.  Look out, Nyermersys, Sondirra Moryveen was here!
Logged

Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 184


Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim


« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 03:33:04 AM »

*ooc:  for those of us old enough, run the theme to the Mary Tyler Moore show here*

Drex and Bristol walked into the main plaza, or what Drex imagined would be the main plaza by its size and number of people.  It amazed him to see this many people.  He dropped the rope that secured to Bristol's harness and slowly spun about, looking at all the buildings, the many many faces of people passing him.  It was all so overwhelming.....

He arms became outstretched as he kept spinning slowly, though his momentum was speeding up....  He wanted to touch it all, experience it all, live everything he had missed before in his life.  The boy from the wilderness was had found his calling... it was Nyermersys!!!

His foot caught a pebble and he fell, banging his knee hard on the ground.  Reality had set back in.  He looked up balefully at Bristol, who seemed embarrassed and had turned his little pony head away from the fallen barbarian. 
Logged

Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 184


Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim


« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »

"Well, thanks for nothing," Drex admonished the little pony.  He grabbed the rope that was attached to the halter and used that to pull himself to his feet.  He brushed off his leggings and glanced about to see who had witnessed his foolishness.  It appeared that many big dopey barbarians made the habit of falling down here, as no one had even looked in his direction.

Drex grinned dimwittedly and looked at Bristol.  "I think I might like this place."  He then looked about.  Where in this city might Khel go?  She would need a place to stay, and would be finding them a spot to stay while they conducted business.  An inn.  He would start by looking for an inn.

As a pretty woman walked by, Drex stepped out before her, blocking her path.  "HI, I'm Drex.  I'm looking for a place to stay."

The woman's eyes grew large with fear. "I'm married," was all she said and turned and hurried away in the direction from whence she came, occasionally looking over her shoulder to make sure she was not being followed.

Drexal frowned.  That didn't go over as well as he had planned.  "He lifted an arm and sniffed at his armpits.  He wrinkled his nose and rolled his eyes.  "I was gonna say, 'whats the matter, do I smell', but...".  He looked at the pony.  "It mostly smells like you, so I blame you for this."

The little pony whinnied and shook his little head.
Logged

Niccoli Faust
Guest
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 04:33:07 AM »

Niccoli dashed from the gate at a mad run. A few poorly shot arrows followed him, none of them came close to hitting. He ran, not bothering who he hit, or what he ran into, avoiding back alleys. He followed the main road into the plaza, almost running smack into a column of devotees of Queprur at the shrine. He turned left, right, now back towards the shrine. He looked for the nearest main street in the pressing group of people that occupied the plaza and spotted it to his right, not noticing the Garrison looming overhead.
Logged
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 01:40:04 AM »

As the elf fled, curious eyes peeked out of an alley, watching the confused, turning movements of the elf and then back towards the gate.
The guards were hastening to send runners, but so far, no open pursuit had occurred.

As the elf made his decision, the watcher made his: a quick dash past the shrine, a reach of the hand, and he had the elf by the arm and was hastily leading him down an alley.

"Last place ya' wanna be" said the dirty lad - he looked maybe twelve years old, with sloppy hair and reeking like rotten fish. A turn or two, and they were headed down a narrow street.

"Shadowalley" explained the lad, still hurrying on, towing the elf behind him.
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Niccoli Faust
Guest
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »

And...why not? Niccoli followed aquiessingly, for sheer lack of anything to do. The boy smelled...of fish, which wasn't exactly a problem. His arm might feel like a limp noodle afterwards, but hopefully this was going to turn out well, unless the boy was trying to steer him to the nearest guard.
Logged
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 11:46:52 PM »

The boy dragged the elf round countless bends, making complicated twists and turns. After a while, the sounds of any ensuing chase died away. They seemed to have effectively lost the guards. Then his rescuer ceased running and dragged him behind a garbage heap. He looked at the elf, seemingly oblivious to the nauseating stick emitting from the heap. "Hello, Mr. Elf-guy. My name's Creek. Saw yer runnin' for yer life, lookin' plumb scared, you were!" Creek talked cheerfully, seeming completely unruffled by the fact that he could be carrying a conversation with a vicious criminal. "Jus' wanna letcha know, the guards don't give up easy. There's gonna be Wanted posters everywhere. But then again," Creek mused, "There're always Wanted posters everywhere. Anyways, whatcha do to have 'em chasin' after ya like that?" Creek's eyes shone with curiosty.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:51:02 PM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Niccoli Faust
Guest
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 04:01:10 AM »

"Apparently drowned a drunk, if yeh have to know." Niccoli unslung his pack, opening it quickly. The waterproofed hide that made up the coracle in which he held his things had protected his few possessions, and the bone rapier was immune to the rust which befell other weapons. His armblade would have to have to be dried off which Niccoli did, with the edge of his shirt. [color] Let's say the law and I don't get along well. [/color]
Logged
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1728


Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín


« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 11:15:53 PM »

"Why'd ya drown the drunk? He insulted ya or somethin'? Try ter attack ya? D'ya happen ter know 'is name or anythin'?" The ever-curious Creek pestered him. He peered into the pack. "Wow, weapons! Nice!" he said, impressed. Then a new question popped into his head. "Why dincha kill 'im with one o' those weapons, eh? Why'd yer have ta drown 'im? Was it a... watchacallit... a nacciden'? Why're ya soppin' wet? The drunk guy pulled ya in the water with him, didn't he? Cor, he must've had some sense even when 'e was drunk! An' yer still haven't told me yer name, Mista!" Creek chattered endlessly, never seeming to run out of breath.
Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 21
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx