Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Brok's Rest (Original)  (Read 15649 times)
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« on: June 24, 2006, 07:11:23 AM »

Resting north of the hospital stands Brok's Rest, one of the finest establishments Nyermersys can offer to weary travelers. The taverns near immaculate walls are a welcoming change from the tarnished buildings occupying most of the city and its windows glow merrily. As you open the door the scents of several different wines, ales and other beverages drift into the street, mingled with the aroma of fresh meals prepared for visiting patrons.

Inside, the heavy set tender chats casually with several customers seated at the bar, using a dishtowel to wipe glasses clean as several waitresses hurry to and from the kitchen with orders of food and drinks. Occasionally one pauses to speak with a boy milling about near the kitchen door, but not for long. The crowd itself is not especially large, although it is enough to keep the workers from having too much time for themselves.  

As you look to find a seat you note the room is lit up quite well, the bright lamps not leaving a single place cloaked in shadow.      

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

Human , Male ,Erpheronian

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:08:03 AM »

Tiras found quickly the tavern , after all it seemed to be the only one at this street , looking around , he took his puch out and with a sight of sadness of the meager amount , he went to the bar and asked , "Excuse me good sir , can you get the cheapest drink that you have ? Lady luck haven´t smilled at me lately ...

“My crime? It is a serious one -- you see, I am too handsome to look upon.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »

Gruffly,the man grunts, apparently not happy with your choice. He grabs a mug, which altogether seems to be covered in a layer of fine dust. He fills the mug with a dark brown-black oozing ale, apparently not the freshest he has, and passes it back to you.
"That'd be...a single san. I need to get rid of this before it goes off."
He looks at you with a slight forced smile.

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:04:43 AM »

"Here it is good man !"Droping a sans on the table , Tiras took a sip at his drink and containing a imprecation at the low quality of the drink , he taught , A sans for this ? I have tasted many horrible things on my life , but is by far the worse ...
I should had asked for water instead .

With a resigned sigh , he then asked "My good man , will you oblige me into asnwer some questions ?
I am a stranger in this town and its wordly known that barkeeps are the greatest informants .
Can you tell me where coin is to be made in this town ?
Like i said , my coin purse is rather slim to say the least ..."

<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=815.msg27340#msg27340 target="top">Tiras The White Rose[/url]
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 02:59:57 AM »

"Hmmmmm," the barkeeper ponders, "Coin...you could always work fer me for a short while! I need a worker for the rest of today. Me usual's off sick, bless 'er soul with Nehtor's Mercy. Anyway, it'll fill your pocket with enough to live for a day or two, by which time I'm sure you can get summut better!" .
The barkeeper then blanks out for a second, seemingly in thought, when his face is lifted from his thoughts and shows a commanding expression.
"If yer want t' work, then yer should go out back, and fetch in the coal for the fire...it's through that door."
The barkeeper gestures at a door leading from behind the bar, then waits for you to reply, all the while scrubbing a glass with a slightly grubby cloth.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 03:01:24 AM by Arin Woodwealth » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 09:55:24 AM »

With a rather disapointed expression , Tiras smilled sadly , "I was expecting a more important work , but as i always say beggars cannot be chosers , can it ?

Raising his sleeves , he walked towards the door the man pointed and asked , "Well then good man should i start now ?"

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 03:49:52 AM »

The Barkeep's moustached upper lip twitches, and he says:
"Well, yer not getting paid fer nothin'."
And nods at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 04:41:38 AM by Arin Woodwealth » Logged

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 09:57:51 AM »

"Very well then" Tiras went towards the mentioned door and during a couple of hours he carried the coal as the barkeep wanted .

After the work , Tiras was completaly drenched in sweat , taking a hand to clean his forehead , he asked the man , "Its all good sir ?
If it is , can you arrange someplace i could clean myself up ?
Such dirt its simply something i cannot stand in me ."

Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 05:25:27 AM »

In comes a lonely elf in a cloak, as he enters, he surveys the room to find what seems like a somewhat fine man that has  just gotten done with some dirty work, maybe bad luck and needed a few sans. He approaches the counter and waves to the man that is chatting with the bartender and then says, "I'm sorry sir, but I need to ask the bartender a quick question." And with that, he says to the bartender "Hello good bartender, if you aren't busy, is there anyone you would recommend for me to hire as a part-time shopkeep, I would need someone who could help me first load up my shop and storage and then work there maybe cleaning stuff or something. Anyone here fit that description looking for work?"

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 06:02:26 AM »

First answering Tiras, the barkeep says "Hrmmm...There is a pump out back. Use that. The water is cold, but you seem hot anyway."

Then turning to the newcomer, and fixing himself with a frown upon his face, again thinking, he replied: "Well, ya could always use this man 'ere. If yer looking for cheap, maybe a beggar could help...They'll either be forever loyal to you, or run right off though. Maybe you should just go with this guy, or maybe even ask around over there," The man points towards the back of the inn, where several less than honest looking men sit, playing some sort of game, "So you can either go with a beggar, this guy, or those guys. Your choice...now come buy a drink to think it over." The barkeeper places a happy, welcoming expression on his face, to try and lure you to buy.

Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 11:42:08 PM »

"No thank you, I'm not thirsty." After saying taht to the barkeep, he heads to the back of the inn to where the man pointed. After looking to see who was all back there, he then says "I'm looking for a shopkeep, anyone interested in the job? I will pay you enough for your work." He then waits for an answer.

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 12:05:03 AM »

Your words are salt in the wounds of one of these men.  After just a second of perusing his face, you recognize Treloth, the man you’ve evicted just a short while ago.  Sitting just to his left is the sullen anonymous guard, already well into his cups, currently reclining his head on Treloth’s shoulder.

Treloth sobs into his mug, “Why?  I work an honest living, I’m honest with my money, I don’t gamble or squander or drink—today excepted.  And true, I don’t have an ailing grandmother, nor any children, but my wife will murder me!  I’ve lost the store, and we’ve no place to sell the components.

“Sir,” he continues, somewhat more coherent this time, “I’d be ever-so grateful if you’d let me return to the store and work for you.  I’m honest, I swear it!  And you could do with my components whatever you wish.  The bezoars and bats’ wings probably won’t sell anymore, but the simples might still make you a little coin, and some of the herbs, well, maybe an eclectic shopper would take those off your hands.  Please, sir, I need to work!  Please take me on as your assistant!”

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 12:08:32 AM »

Seeing as how no one else has answered, and he seems to have an honest and needing look on his face, he says to Treloth "Ok, I guess you will do, but if you try to steal from me or swindel me, you won't like the consequences." With that, he made a gesture for him to follow. With him following, he left the inn.

Tiras The White Rose
The White Rose
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 10:15:16 AM »

Tiras observed as the man that interrupt him , altought he was asking for someone to help him , Tiras had too much work for one day .

As he was washing himself at the cold water the barkeep mentioned , he taught to himself , In another ocasion , i would accept his offer , but not today , too tired ...

After that he took his road clothes and put the silk suit that he had in the bag , now appearing more a gentlemen than ever , he wandered to the barkeep and said smilling ,
"Pardon good sir , the work is done , and if you don´t mind i would like to get paid ..."

Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »

The barkeep looks a a little annoyed by the demand, as if he was hoping you had forgotten to ask. Nevertheless, with only a slight hesistation he reaches into a coinpurse on his belt and grabs out a few coins.
"Here you go m'lad!" The barkeep seems to have brightened up, seeing another customer walk in,"There's a few sans for yer trouble. If yer ever need work again, a day's labour here will be readily available. If i'm not at the bar, tell them that Guthen recommends yer. That's me by the way, in case yer a bit....simple." He then turns away, ready to serve the newest customer.

This new man is dressed heavily for such a warm day. His face has been concealed, and all that can be seen is a thin sliver for his eyes to peak through and his hands.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]