Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Brok's Rest (Original)  (Read 15651 times)
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 09:25:51 AM »

Khel stepped out into the street. Taking a right, Khel glanced about her at the buildings once more, really taking in the area and committing it to memory. She was in an open plaza area, and she'd have to remember to visit it later on.. it may be just the place Drexal and her needed to be. She quickened her pace, for some reason eager to enter the place called Brok's Rest. It was beautiful and warm outdoors, and Khel had a slight bounce in her step at the prospect of a new day. Stopping before the Merchant's House, Khel paused to look around. There were several directions she could take, but she could not remember what the registry woman said. Cursing under her breath, she snatched the parchment from her cloak and looked at the directions. Ah, Butcher Road. Turning to her right, Khel made her way down the street and finally saw the sign indicating Brok's Rest. Studying the outside, Khel noted it was much nicer than the majority of tavern's she had entered.. Drexal and I will dine like royalty this time around. she snorted, pushing open the door and stepping inside.

Glancing about, Khel saw a few patrons, and smelled some delicious smells. She could use an ale. Jingling her beltpurse thoughtfully, Khel made her way to the bar. "Could I have an ale please?" she said to the barkeep, pushing her hood down, and her hair away from her round face. Her eyes bore the glint of purple that resided there in her bouts of normalcy. The place was well-lit, brighter and merrier than most of the places her and Drex had visited. Drexal.. "On the other hand, make that two." Khel demanded quickly. She did not know when Drex would arrive, or where they would meet, but for some reason she wanted to be ready. She hardly understood her need to please him constantly, but she wanted him to feel as if she had been waiting anxiously for their reuniting. Which, she had, but would not say aloud.

Mulling this over, Khel took the two ales with an appreciative dip of her head and sat at a small table. She had been waiting for him anxiously. That stupid oaf stole her heart, a fact she constantly battled herself over. However, she blamed him entirely. He was attractive and funny; intelligent under all his antics. Sighing a little too forlornly, Khel took a sip of ale and positioned herself to watch the door. She played absentmindedly with a strand of her hair, and her eyes darted about the room occasionally, always locking onto the entrance in the end. I am pathetic.. she thought, and forced herself to pay attention to other patrons' conversations in the meantime. At least if he didn't come soon, she could drink his ale as well.

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 05:41:36 PM »

Suddenly, a hand lands on your shoulder. You turn around to see a small man only slightly taller than you. He reminds you of a weasel, and he is obviously drunk, judging from his breath and the almost empty bottle of ale in his other hand. As he snarls at you, he displays a mouthful of yellow, stained teeth which look like they're rotting. His hair hangs limply down his face, and he gives off a rather unpleasant pong.

"Din' thiiiink Ah'd find yer, eh, Nicola?" he slurred, "Well, ah haaave, an' yer gonna paaay fer leeevin' me fer 'nuther maaan!" By the time the drunk finishes speaking, his face is red and distorted with rage. He staggers towards you, and with a maniacal laugh, swings his bottle of ale hard, aiming directly at your head.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 09:01:15 PM »

Khel sat there brooding, taking sips of ale much too big for her own good, moodily thumping the mug down on the table each time. When a hand touched her shoulder, she spun quickly about in her chair, looking with annoyance and disbelief at the drunk before her. The nasty man smelled, had a vaguely weasel-like appearance, and Khel hardly had time to think before he was yelling, "Din' thiiiink Ah'd find yer, eh, Nicola? Well, ah haaave, an' yer gonna paaay fer leeevin' me fer 'nuther maaan!" at her, laughing, and a bottle was coming heavily down at her.

Now altogether perplexed, Khel quickly jumped from her chair, out of the bottle's reach. Nicola? Khel's eyes narrowed, losing their merry purple glint to become bottemless black pits. He was clearly inebriated, not thinking straight, but instead of invoking pity in Khel, she felt even less for the scoundrel. Boy, if Drexal ever became this intoxicated and made such fool of himself... rage boiled up in Khel at the thought, and she had her dagger in her hand without thinking. She held it low against her thigh, in case he took another swing at her. Looking at him, pathetic and intoxicated as he was, Khel actually grinned. Perhaps he would be fun to toy with, if only a little.. Khel glanced around the Inn, no one had made any movement towards the pair; none would be the wiser.

Her voice remained quite smooth when she spoke, "You'll be the one to pay when he returns, you creature.." with that, she plopped down idly in her chair, with a much too exaggerated roll of her eyes, and said in an airy tone, "Not that you're much of a threat anyway, the way you are now." she waved one hand in the air in dismissal, but kept the other firmly about her dagger. She did not think she would need to use it, but just in case he was also a quick drunk, she would be ready. Regardless, Khel always got a sort of thrill when she was acting like this. She always did it with the merchants she dealt with, and her soft lips upturned in an almost unrecognizable smile.

Khel saw this going several ways. Perhaps he would be again infuriated at attempt to kill his beloved Nicola. Maybe he would forget altogether what she was talking about, only to look for Nicola somewhere else. Possibly, he would realize just how drunk he was! Khel brightened inside at the thought, because she knew it was so impossible. Khel leaned her head against her hand, still in a show of boredom and conviction that he was no threat to her at all. Khel's eyes darted to look up at him, trying to gauge his emotions; decipher his thoughts. Due to his state, she found this to be difficult, and resigned herself to awaiting his next move.

Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 03:44:10 AM »

A few moments after you've plopped down in your seat, the man's expression changes instantly from angry to confused. He opens his mouth to speak, but then his lower lip starts to tremble, and his eyes fill with tears as he crumples to the ground and starts to sob uncontrollably. "How could yer do this to meee, Nic?" he wails, "Why? Why're yer bein' so meeeeean? What've I ever done to ya? I've tried to be a good man, an' treat yer right!" he sniffs. He seems almost childlike now. Incredibily, no one seems to notice the drunkard crying like a baby.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 09:41:12 AM »

To Khel's utter dismay, the drunken weasel burst into tears, falling to the floor. He began to wail, "How could yer do this to meee, Nic? Why? Why're yer bein' so meeeeean? What've I ever done to ya? I've tried to be a good man, an' treat yer right!" Khel smacked her forehead with one hand, returning her dagger to her boot with the other. Slumping a little in her seat, Khel glanced down at him. He was a slimy thing, disgusting, and Khel could imagine whoever this 'Nicola' was, she had definite bad taste in men.

Curling her upper lip, nose scrunched in disgust, Khel stared in disbelief at the man on the Inn's floor. Oh come on.. she thought to herself, rolling her eyes. Khel ran a slender hand through her straight raven hair; it was silky, despite the humid weather. Her eyes hardened in annoyance as she realized the man would not let up any time soon. She glanced at the door, wishing more than ever Drexal would pick this moment to be the time and place to come to her rescue. Alas, the door remained unmoved, and Khel remained trapped in an Inn full of unhelpful swabs and an emotional little man.

Kicking him lightly with a small boot, Khel's irritated voice said, "Oh, get up, ya baby!" and she shoved the ale meant from Drexal across the table, to land before an empty chair. If she was to quiet him down, so be it. Khel could play Nicola. She was positive she would not have to act smart, reasonable, or even be very attractive to play the part. Khel's mind fluttered over Drexal's visage. Friendly eyes, soft tresses tied behind his head.. by the gods she hoped he would arrive soon. The well-lit room left no corner shrouded in darkness, and Khel saw few patrons residing within. Her eyes drifted over the ceiling, the walls, tables and chairs; landing again with pity and annoyance on the man sobbing before her. 

Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 07:14:26 PM »

The man abruptly stops crying as he looks up and sees the ale. His eyes brighten up as he hastily gets up from the floor and grabs the glass. He starts to put it to his lips, then he stops, and looks hard at you. A light dawns in his eyes. "You're not Nicola!" he says. "Oh dear, I do apologize for my rather rude behavior." His drunken drawl has almost completely vanished. This man seems to change in character very quickly; either that, or he has many split personalities.

"I'm so sorry, I only drink when I'm very upset or depressed. Ale has quite an influence on me, I must say. It wears off eventually, but I never learn, do I?" he shakes his head. "You must be so confused... oh, I haven't introduced myself. I am Jeremy. And you are...?" He looks at you expectantly.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 05:09:47 AM »

Seriously.. Khel almost glared at the man as he takes the ale, and realization lights up his face. "You're not Nicola! Oh dear, I do apologize for my rather rude behavior." With an icy stare, Khel did not say a word. She pursed her lips and let him continue. "I'm so sorry, I only drink when I'm very upset or depressed. Ale has quite an influence on me, I must say. It wears off eventually, but I never learn, do I? You must be so confused... oh, I haven't introduced myself. I am Jeremy. And you are...?" Well, obviously he doesn't learn. A little perplexed, Khel wondered if he was only acting before. But for what purpose? To get more ale without paying? As if he needed it. Looking the greasy man up and down Khel indicated the chair before her, allowing him to take a seat.

Jeremy. Khel hated that he seemed friendly enough, and suddenly understood how she could vex Drexal so thoroughly. She recognized her nature in him, his rapid-fire emotional changes, drunk or not, mirrored her own. Her eyes flashed towards the door briefly.. hopefully Drex wouldn't be upset if he walked in to see her sitting with another man. Gazing at Jeremy again, Khel said, "Nicola sounds.. uh.. charming. I hope you find her." She took another gulp of ale. She didn't bother introducing herself, she was much too irritated to care whether he knew her or not.

Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 06:08:41 PM »

Jeremy's eyes clouded at the mention of Nicola. "Yes, well, when I find her, I'm going to give her a piece of my mind. I should've known it was a mistake to marry her... she just seemed so sweet and pretty at the time." he said, setting the untouched mug of ale on the counter. "Then as soon as we were pronounced husband and wife, she seemed to grow colder, and more distant, and she got jumpier, too. Then she started going out with a group of her friends every night, and wouldn't come home until late at night. Next thing I know, she's eloped." The bitterness was evident in his voice.

"I was so upset that I took to drinking to drown my sorrows. Gradually I became addicted to the ale and liquor. The very fact that I'm talking to a complete stranger about my life proves that I'm still a little bit drunk. This happens very often; I drink ale, mistake some innocent woman for Nicola, attack like a savage, then suddenly become very polite and civil. I scare people away. The locals are all familiar with my behavior. It's tragic, that's what my life is." he shook his head sadly, almost as if he was talking about someone else.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 01:00:52 AM »

Khel listened to the man's sob story. Admittedly, it was a sad story, but Khel was still aggravated over the entire outburst of his. She stared at him, taking another gulp of her own ale, wondering not what was wrong with Nicola, but where Drexal was. She longed to see him, it was almost a pain in her stomach. Her insides gave a gut wrenching twist at the thought that he might not show. Trying to concentrate on Jeremy, Khel caught his last words, "...This happens very often; I drink ale, mistake some innocent woman for Nicola, attack like a savage, then suddenly become very polite and civil. I scare people away. The locals are all familiar with my behavior. It's tragic, that's what my life is." Khel thought that a curious way to live life, but she saw men like him fairly often.

Nicola, on the other hand, sounded like a real wench. Gazing over the man, the purple safely apparent in her eyes, "Why don't you just forget her and move on? She doesn't sound like she's worth the effort.." About to go on, Khel caught herself. Why the hell was she giving this man advice? Ugh! she took another gulp of ale. Sitting up a little straighter, Khel looked closely at Jeremy. He was simply a hurt, broken man. Irritating as he is, she felt a little pity for him. And she meant what she said, Nicola wasn't worth another thought. "Drink up! Forget about her." she pushed Drexal's ale back into his hand. I must already be drunk as well... she thought, examining her own ale, giving a complete stranger my advice..

Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 03:43:42 AM »

Jeremy looked outraged. "Me? Forget Nicola? How could you even suggest that I do such a thing? I can't forget her because... because... er... actually, that's a good idea... if I had anything to take my mind of my troubles other than ale." he finished gloomily. "What she did to me will forever be engraved in my mind."

He looked doubtfully at the ale. "You want me to risk clouding my mind, increasing ny addiction. and possibly causing another woman harm again?" he asks incredulously. "I mean, I know I do it all the time, but I've haven't met a woman who hasn't run away from me for a long time, let alone one telling me to drink up! Where are you from, anyway?" the curiosity is evident in his voice.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 10:40:25 AM »

Khel gave Jeremy an even stare as he spoke, acting incredulous at the thought of forgetting Nicola. Is he serious? She thought to herself. She couldn't think of any reason for him to remember her.. other than an immense hurt. Khel's thoughts drifted to Drexal, wondering if Jeremy's own thoughts might mirror his when it came to the other woman in his life... or, who was in his life before. Before she came along, or so  he said. What would she do if Drexal hurt her in that way? Would she be such a mess like this man was? Her nose scrunched at the thought and she pushed it quickly and easily away. These were not worries for her or Drex. Coming back to reality, "I mean, I know I do it all the time, but I've haven't met a woman who hasn't run away from me for a long time, let alone one telling me to drink up! Where are you from, anyway?"

Khel gave a small chuckle. "Oh, c'mon, you're harmless," she held up her mug for a moment before taking another long gulp. "I am... well, I am not from around here." was all she said. Why was that the first question out of anyone's mouth, anyway? Although, Jeremy had guilted her into pity for him. Sounding exasperated, she continued, "I am from a small village near the Vale of the Brownies. I'm Eyelian." It felt weird saying that. Eyelian.. the title echoed in her head. She hadn't truly been recognized as such for many years.

Looking into her mug, a wave of seriousness washed over her. She had been ready to toy around with this mean drunk. Instead, he seemed to be toying with her.. and he wasn't even aware of it! Glaring at her ale now, Khel tried to push these feeling deep into her mind. Her toes curled in her boots and she ached for Drexal's company. What is my problem.. she sighed audibly. Looking back up at the man, she said again, "Trust a stranger and just forget her. She's obviously not worth it."

Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 03:40:30 AM »

Jeremy seemed to struggle with himself before giving in. He took the ale and drained it in one gulp. Seeming much more cheerful, he signaled the bartender to bring him some more ale. When it came, he quickly finished that too and ordered some more. "Ha ha, trust a stranger, tee hee," he giggled. "Never trust strangers, that's what my mommy used to tell me afore she committed suicide. Why'd you come to Nyermersys?" he asked, already showing signs of tipsiness.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2007, 02:11:01 AM »

Khel watched with little interest as Jeremy downed Drexal's ale, then another ale soon after. "Never trust strangers, that's what my mommy used to tell me afore she committed suicide. Why'd you come to Nyermersys?" The giggly man's moon seemed to change instantaneously. And what was he talking about? Was that comment even necessary? Khel stared at him incredulously. Did he expect her to say something to that? Just when he was started to become friendly. Khel thought she might actually get to like this man... if he weren't absolutely insane. Or hopeless. Definitely harmless, though, and Khel watched as another ale arrived at the table just as she finished her first. The man could hold his ale at least. If she weren't waiting for Drexal, she would have considered playing a little game with him. Sighing audibly, Khel's irritation returned.

She held up her empty mug.. she knew he wouldn't notice. "Well, here's to strangers." she said glumly, raising the mug to her lips and catching the last drop. By the gods, Drexal, hurry up.. Khel stared irritably at the door, as if the harder her eyes bore into it, the faster he would arrive. Sadly, she did not know if he would arrive even today, and as her annoyed gaze fell on the drunken man once, more, she shrugged, ordering another ale and smiling slightly.

Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 03:51:41 AM »

Suddenly, Jeremy's head jerks around to face you. He squints at you, and you can see that he's completely forgotten who you are. "Nicola?" he said disbelievingly. The furious look which was on his face when you first met him comes back. "How dare yer cum an' sit righ' nex ta me like yer haven't ruined me life?" He shouts at you. Once again, he uses all his force as he swings his empty mug of ale at you once more.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 07:37:18 AM »

Khel's toast didn't go as planned. Watching Jeremy's face closely, she saw the change and immediately recoiled from him. He was looking at her hard, and once again voiced his confusion, "Nicola?" he asked, and Khel's jaw dropped in awe and exaggeration. How dare she think he was even close to being stable? The man was obviously beyond help: by the drink or by any amount of kindness from a stranger. "How dare yer cum an' sit righ' nex ta me like yer haven't ruined me life?" Khel opened her mouth to begin to protest, but nothing came out. What in all the lands could she possibly say to normalize him again? Even her smooth talking seemed to get her nowhere with his level of insanity.

Khel glanced at the door again. Taking in a deep breath, slowly, calming herself down, she thought perhaps she would go in search of that big oaf she missed so much. Putting her hands on the table to stand, Khel looked at Jeremy again, just in time to catch a glimpse of his mug aimed straight for her head. Turning, ready to dart out of the way, Khel realized she was too late. She spent too much time lingering on the stupid doorway, and the mug connected with the side of her head with a sturdy clunk! Trying to hold onto the table, Khel's mind world. She bright a thin arm up to her head, trying to feel if there was any blood, but she could feel nothing at lall.

Actually, she couldn't hear or see anything either. She tried to blink, to tell if she could even blink, but to no avail. Feeling nothing, and viewing the scene as if she were standing where Jeremy was, Khel fell with a thump to the floor, sprawled out partway under the table; unconscious.

Your pal, Khel
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]