Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Brok's Rest (Original)  (Read 15659 times)
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 06:48:44 AM »

Jeremy stared a few moments at the uncomscious body before him before it actually hit him that he could have killed somebody. After it dawned on him, only one thought dominated his mind... he needed to leave. Leave Nyermersys before they could catch him. He'd never actually succeeded in knocking people out before. For a long time he'd wanted to, but now he'd done it, he was regretting that particular desire. He looked around guiltily, and to his dismay, some people were already pointing and staring. He dashed out into the street, intent on getting away from the scene of the crime. Never mind about packing, he'd never possessed anything of much value anyway. And that was the last ever seen of him in the City of Death.

Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »

Suddenly the tabern door opened to make way to Grial , an ork , probably something unusual in this city , but even more was the fact of the sleeping child in his arms .
Looking around with a red eye Grial found what he thought to be the barkeeper and walking towards him without giving another look to the rest of the patrons , as he arrived he asked with a booming voice " Greetings human , is it possible to arrange for me and the child accomodations ?"

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character

Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2007, 04:24:16 AM »

Drexal tied the little pony to the hitching post outside of the tavern known as Brok's Rest.  He looked deep into Bristol's big, expressive eyes.  "Now, you be good.  I'll be out to get you if I can find Khel."  He turned as was about to enter when he was bowled over by a man running out of the inn.  As the large barbarian tumbled to the ground, he made a mental note of the man who had crashed into him.  What was going on?  Rude! 

Drexal climbed to his feet, brushing the dust off him.  "Damn fool!" he hissed.  He was unhurt, but angry now.  He stepped forcefully into the tavern.  He noticed a crowd of people gathered, but paid little attention to it as his eyes searched the room for Khel.  He really needed to find her.  He could feel the emotions building in him, and she had been the only one to ever be able to calm him.  It was why he loved her so.  Disappointed that she was not here, he was about to leave, when something familiar caught his attention.  In the gathered group of people, a small set of boots protruded.  He recognised those boots.  Khels!

With a roar that bubbled up from his depths, and was more reminiscent of an orcish war cry than a yell from a human, he pushed his way through the people.  He found Khel laying on the floor, her beautiful features blemished by a nasty looking bruise on the side of her face and a trickle of blood on her face.  Tears filled his eyes as he knelt beside her, and he picked her up, setting her head in his lap.  He stroked her hair tentatively.  "Wha-  what happened?"  his voice was small in his large chest.  His eyes searched the faces frantically, hoping for an answer to what had happened to his true love.  Was she even breathing?  He could not be sure.  Was she dead?

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 12:54:15 PM »

An involuntary twitch of a muscle in her thigh jolted her awake. Well, not entirely awake, but more conscious than she had been minutes ago. Fluttering eyelashes revealed the blackness within as Khel attempted to sit up, only to find she was within the grip of an unknown rescuer. Or, was it her assailant?

Collapsing back down, darkness swam before her eyes and Khel cursed that drunken fool Jeremy. Bastard.. she though contemptuously. Why had she allowed herself to drop her guard? What had they been discussing anyway? Clenching the muscles in her abdomen, Khel tried to sit up again to no avail. Her head swimming, she instead relaxed, her new concern the form holding her.

A hand on her hair and a soft, yet deep voice clued her in. Reaching a slender limb upward, Khel's hand came to rest on a man's muscled arm. Keeping her eyes shut, she gave it a gentle squeeze, for she already knew it was Drexal. She knew his skin, his aroma, and although the worry in it was uncharacteristic, she knew his voice. Taking a deep breath, Khel relaxed further and let her head rest against him. Wiggling her toes to assure herself she was awake, she considered how long she may have been lying here on the floor. Damn that Jeremy. Stupid, stupid man. Or was Nicola to blame? Either way, Khel was irritated. Had Drexal arrived earlier the entire predicament could have been avoided.

"What took you so long?" her voice came out a little raspy, but firm and demanding as per usual. Khel almost laughed at herself as the words escaped her soft lips. So long apart and her first words were an irritated demand? Relief swept over her in that moment. Drexal was here, as well as Bristol, and they could continue on again together. Khel hated to admit how much more comfortable and at ease she felt around him, it was getting a bit ridiculous.

Regardless, she would never let on, but instead pushed herself quickly and painfull from the floor, attempting to prove she could sit up on her own; tougher than her small frame told. However, she was mistaken as yet another wave of dizziness swept over her and she let out a frustrated moan as she thrust out an arm in hopes that Drexal would catch her.

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 12:00:39 AM »

Guthen, the barkeep, was a patient sort of man - a few might say lethargic. He'd watched the whole scene and exchange between the little lady and Jeremy with a detached interest until she was clobbered.

"Now here!" he yelled, leaping over the bar with surprising agility despite his superior bulk. "Jeremy you-"

But Jeremy had already fled the tavern, never to be seen in Brok's Rest again.

Two men came in on one another's heels: actually, one was a man, the other an orc. The orc, first to arrive, asked about accommodations.

"In a minute!" Guthen said distractedly, missing the child the big orc was holding. "Have a seat, while I see to-"

The second man, roaring at the top of his lungs, pushed through the other patrons: one fell back at Guthen, who deftly caught him and deposited him into a chair.

"Move, idiots!" he yelled at everyone. "Give some room!"

The patrons fell back from the newcomer and the little woman.

"Here here" said Guthen to the man, who obviously knew and was very attached to the little lady. "Bring her upstairs, I has a spare room." He motioned towards the stairs. "Second on the left, unlocked." He then went behind the bar to gather a couple of clean towels (Brok's Rest was indeed a clean establishment), some wine, and sought about for some water to boil while the man took the lady upstairs.

He suddenly remembered the orc and waved him over. "I have rooms available. Be ye wantin' anything to drink with that while you wait?" In his distraction with the inured patron he had still not noticed the child.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Avennorian/ Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2007, 02:38:13 PM »

Hylphán took his time getting to the inn.  He strolled leisurely through the streets, and browsed the wares of the shops along the way.  He stopped at a tailor shop and arranged for the repair of his cape, and bought a new shirt.  He took note of a good leather shop where he could get his saddlebags repaired, and a dry goods shop where he could get supplies later. 
     As he approached the inn, he was almost knocked over by a frantic looking man who ran on down the street without slowing down.  Hylphán checked on Redwing in the stable, and paid the anxious lad his 5 san, chuckling as the boy skipped down the street, laughing happily. 
     Entering the inn, he noticed a commotion as a group of people were carrying a limp young woman upstairs.  Looking around the room, he was surprised to see an orc sitting there holding a sleeping human child.  An odd sight indeed, but Hylphán had seen many odd things in his travels.
     He found an empty table and had a seat, looking for a server in the large common room.  Spotting one, he motioned for her, and when she arrived, ordered a large grape juice, and a platter with bread, meat, and cheese.

Fair winds and following seas till our paths cross again.

Hylphán's CD
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2007, 06:34:27 AM »

The common room soon filled up as the midday rush came in.  A sever dropped by the elf's table as he went and Guthen was doing a steady business between drinks and the food. The noise level in the small inn rose drastically. As the elf was about to start on his food however, someone came up and tapped him on the shoulder. A quiet voice asked: "Could I sit here?"
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

Homepage
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2007, 09:57:24 AM »

Turning his head to see who it was, Hylphán said "certainly stranger. I may not be much good at conversation until I finish eating, but you are welcome to sit and share the table, and my meal if you so choose.  It appears to be more than I can eat myself."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:30:42 PM by Hylphán » Logged

Hylphán's CD
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2007, 09:14:37 AM »

The stranger, a woman in city guard uniform, slightly on the tall side nodded quietly and took a seat from across the elf already sitting there, removing a small parcel from a side pounch and unwrapping it to reveal a small meal of bread and cheese.
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

Homepage
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 11:19:20 AM »

Hylphán flagged down one of the servers, and ordered two grape juice, dropping the few sans in the girls' hand.  Turning to the woman across from him he introduced himself.  Good day to you, my name is Hylphán'ác'órril, but you may call me Hylphán.  I just arrived today, but it seems not much has changed since I was here some years ago.
Starting to cut his meat and cheese, and pulling off a chunk of bread he added, I noticed you had nothing to drink, so I took the liberty of ordering you a grape juice.  Shrugging his shoulders he looked apologetic and said, I didn't know if you were still on duty or not.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 11:29:11 PM by Hylphán » Logged

Hylphán's CD
Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character

Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2007, 11:30:59 AM »

Drexal gingerly picked up the prone form before him and carried her nearly effortlessly after the barkeep as they climbed the stairs.  He listened to where the barkeep told him to go, and he carefully opened the door, so as not to let Khel fall to the floor.  He strode to the bed with heavy footfalls.  Gently, he laid her onto the bed, and softly brushed a wisp of hair from her face.

He looked at the swelling and bruise that was forming where she had been hit, and he winced as though he himself felt the pain.  A low growl emanated from his chest.  "I will kill the man who has dared attack you!"  A man that could not protect his ewyn was no man at all.  It had to have been the man who ran into him as he was coming into the tavern.  That man was already dead, he just didn't know it yet.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2008, 08:13:48 AM »

Khel immediately heard yelling of whom she assumed to be the innkeeper as Jeremy fled the scene. Knowing Drexal was there, and hearing mention of a room and consequently a bed, Khel relaxed at let the barbarian carry her. Keeping her eyes comfortably closed, Khel's small body was limp in his strong embrace as they climbed the stairs and she felt herself placed onto a bed. Much more comfortable. She heard Drex's even breathing and the pounding of her own head where her injury was sure to be forming. Groaning a little Khel repositioned herself, propping her legs up and folding her arms across her chest. A little chilly, she grit her teeth as a sharp stab blazed through her head. Damnit Jeremy! she thought bitterly.

Then she heard Drexal's voice, I will kill the man who has dared attack you!, he said. Shaking her head slightly, Khel felt some hair fall over her pale face, and her eyes fluttered open as she tried to suppress the pain. Looking at the big man beside her, she stopped the movement of her head--for it was too much--and looked at him. Her voice soft, because she was indeed glad to see him, she said, "Oh, it's just a small bump, Drex... never mind Jeremy." Silently cursing herself for giving Drexal the man's name, Khel continued to look at him. It'd been much too long since they'd seen each other. Khel was upset at herself for letting down her guard around the unstable, drunken man who so eagerly sought her company.

But to kill him? By the gods, no! Khel herself would do it if he actually deserved it. Grunting a little, the small woman struggled against her pounding head to sit up. Propped against the wall, she gave Drexal's arm a squeeze, and said as light heartedly as possible, "If anyone kills him, it'll be me." Mulling that thought over Khel thought it hardly worth it. He was hurt and broken hearted, pressed down by a woman he thought he loved. Over all, it was a sad story, but Khel hated to be the brunt of his pain. Shrugging small shoulders slightly, Khel's purple-hued eyes rested on Drexal's own brown orbs, and her small lips upturned in a smile. "Good to see you, Drexal ben Putin. How was your journey?" All her irritation from his taking so long faded, and Khel realized her heart leaped and the pounding in her head subsided a little as she looked at him; glad they were reunited despite the circumstances.

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2008, 11:59:22 AM »

In a slightly quiet voice, over the natural din that seemed to pervade the inn the woman answered, "Thank you; I am Sarah" while carefully aranging the bread and cheese together.
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

Homepage
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2008, 04:39:52 PM »

Swallowing a mouthful of bread, Hylphán nodded and said "Good day to you Sarah.  I am pleased to meet you."  He continued eating from the plate before him, watching Sarah with interest.  After several more minutes of silence, he asked "Is there any interesting news that might affect my stay here this time?"  "The last time I was here, there was more excitement than I bargained for."
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:31:40 PM by Hylphán » Logged

Hylphán's CD
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2008, 10:28:56 AM »

"Not that I've heard of, though the night shift on the city walls was my posting until recently." Sarah yawns slightly and then appologizes "I've not quite gotten used to sleeping during the night." Sarah has rather obvious bags under her eyes as she starts to eat the food in front of her.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]