* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Town Hall  (Read 17246 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 3372


Elf, Ylfferhim


« on: June 24, 2006, 07:17:23 AM »

Following directions received from a passing stranger you make your way through the busy streets of Nyemersys to register your entry into the city. The Town Hall is rather difficult to find without instructions on its whereabouts, the building is not much different from the surround considering it has been worn from years past and looks much older than you. There are no steps leading to the double door entrance but the street in front of it looks like it had seen better days before hundreds of feet had brought it to disrepair while going to and from the Town Hall for taxes or registry.  
 
Inside is little different than the exterior with few furnishing save for a handful of chairs and tables complete with consultants appearing tired and bored as they rustled through small stacks of paper. The occupants are scant and many disappear through unremarkable doors scattered along the walls only to return a short while later, the others are waiting near the tables while their fellows exchange words with the advisors. A group of well off individuals linger near the table labeled Treasury and across from them several of the lower class wait in a line for Taxes. Further down the hall though, past several other tables, a withering lady sits scribbling something on a sheet of parchment which she folds and seals before handing it to a mundane looking man. As he stands and walks away the sign Registry becomes visible.  

Logged

Garth Avery
Agile Harlequin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 126


Human, Helcrani


« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 04:16:40 AM »

Sitting upon Pepik, Garth made his way through the city. Asking passers-by here and there the direction to the town hall, he finally found the non-descript building. If someone hadn't expressly pointed at it, he would probably have ridden past it, he thought.

He left Pepik near the door with the instruction not to move until he came back. Not that she really understood that, but he was fairly certain that anyone else trying to tug her along would experience some difficulty. For starters, she didn't have a rope around her muzzle to tug her along with.

A little hesitantly he entered through the doors and looked around, until he spotted the 'Registry' table. According to the guard at the gate, this was where he needed to be. He walked up to the table and waited until the woman would notice him, his head only just visible above it. Oh, how he'd like to be taller at moments like this.
Logged

Ease of laughter comes so fast when you're not in the jester's shoes...

Garth Avery
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 146


Human, Centoraurian


« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 11:14:18 PM »

Arin walks into the Town Hall, and looks around, seeing the table and chairs on one side of the room, and on the other side desks. He sees a desk labelled registry, with the short man he had seen at the gates waiting in line. He walks over to it and stands behind the man, who was having difficulty looking over the table. A woman sits behind the table, sorting papers. She seems she hasn't noticed the short man, and decides that although pointing out the short man may offend him, and embarrass the woman, he must get to this nobleman he was told of. He leans over and taps the desk, before saying:

Excuse me, but this man here seems to be trying to get your attention.

He then leans back and waits for a response.
Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 01:00:19 AM »

  As you both stand in front of the table, trying to catch the attention of the woman seated at the Registry table, a blond man wearing an unadorned brown leather vest over a brilliant Sognastheen green jerkin and allia purple leggings swoops toward Garth and Arin.  Though this is Garth’s first introduction to him, and Arin has only had a brief encounter with him moments ago, he grins as if he knew both of you well.

  “’Ullo, mates!  By trade, I am a rug merchant.  Selling rug merchandise is my business.  My name’s Elias Vondolo, the Caltharian rug merchant,” Elias introduces himself to you both.  “What’s this about no identification papers, eh?  You’ve come to town wiv’out your papers again?  I’ve a nose for bargains, and ‘tis lady makes you both out to be fine marks.  ‘Ere, come wiv me.  You’ll get your papers a lot quicker—and cheaper—if you pick ‘em up DI-rect from the Seagorn Garrison.  C’mon, what are you doin’ just standin’ about?  Let’s get a move on!”  He starts for the door, still facing both of you to gauge your responses.
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 146


Human, Centoraurian


« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:53:28 AM »

Arin spends but a second to think, his face turning to a frown, before rushing off to follow this man to get his papers "DI-rect".

This way, I stay in the law and help the man I was told of earlier.

He thinks. His face turns back to a smile, and in a moment of slightly dazed happiness he almost trips over his long white robe, stumbling before pulling himself up as fast as he can to follow the merchant.

Finally, I will be able to move around the city within an hour!

Arin dashes out of the door, to follow the man.
Logged

Garth Avery
Agile Harlequin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 126


Human, Helcrani


« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 06:52:56 AM »

Garth turned to the bright explosion of colours that suddenly appeared next to him. He listened to the explanation and watched as the man behind him followed him outside the door. Shrugging his shoulders, he went after the two of them; as far as he could see, he could either stand here, waiting for the woman to notice him, or go with the other man. Although he didn't really trust the guy, he really didn't feel like waiting for a long time either. And he always had Pepik, she could run rather hard or kick viciously, if the need should arise. If it didn't work out, he could always come back here and see if the woman was paying more attention to potential customers.

Outside, he quickly climbed on to Pepik's back and followed the brightly dressed man and the other one, wearing a white robe. They'd walked on just a little ways, but he quickly caught up with them - more quickly than if he'd had to walk. He manoevred Pepik so that the white-robed figure was between Mouse and the extrovert man. He trusted a healer more, quite a lot more, than a rug-merchant. On the way, he paid close attention to the direction that they took, should he wish to go back.
Logged

Ease of laughter comes so fast when you're not in the jester's shoes...

Garth Avery
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 11:49:43 AM »

  The man you both have been following, known to you as Elias Vondolo, leads you down a narrow and seemingly indistinguishable alleyway.  Coming to a shaded section of the lane, out of earshot of the Main City Plaza, Elias holds up his left hand signaling to stop.

  “Right.  Introductions first,” your erstwhile guide states, turning to address you both.  He takes a moment to run his eyes over both of you, then continues, “I am who I say, Elias Vondolo.  I am indeed a rug merchant.  I’ve been asked by the city guard who let me in at Zocharras’ Gate to try an’ learn something of the two of you, and then to glean what we may from this new nobleman in town, Lord Scael of House Pelegrene.  Not shake ‘im down, more like feel ‘im out, see if he’s got any connections in this city.  For what reason they want this information, they would na’ say. 

  “Now, I’ve not had any reason to question ‘is title or ‘is demeanor—seems like a poor victim of circumstance, as are we all.  There’s somethin’ fishy about the situation, and I’m not shure if it’s the guards or if it’s ‘im.  I’ll tell you wot, though, he got a pretty nasty bump—many men would na’ have lived through what ‘e’s been through.  So I think there’s more at work ‘ere than they’ve let on to.

  “In case you’re interested, chaps, this is Shadowalley, an’ we’re headed toward Eyell Lane.  From there, it’s an arrow’s flight to the Garrison; a few steps further and you’ll smack into the hospital.”

  Having said this, Elias turns to you, Arin, and asks, “Olright, let’s start with you, healer.  What’s your name?”
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 146


Human, Centoraurian


« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 03:23:15 AM »

Arin runs after the rug merchant and into an alley, before they stop eventually. He leans over and breathes slowly, getting his breath back as fast as possible. The man then starts to explain what he's been told to do, and Arin is puzzled.

Why should the guards think I know anything of this Noble? I just got here. Maybe it's to do with the fact I'm a healer...

He looks around and sees the short man from the gate and the town hall sitting on his mount behind him, and murmurs and quick "Hello" to him, before turning back around to address the rug merchant.

I'm Arin. A White Nehtorian to be precise...To be honest I know nowt about this man. I only wish to get my papers and help those at the hospital. So when can we start off again? Not to be rude though.
Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 08:04:51 AM »

  Elias seems satisfied with this answer.  “I’m satisfied with your answer,” he exclaims.  “I’d figured you’d be here to practice your healin’ arts, maybe pick up a coin or two from the hospitals coffers, wot?  No, not like that, bloke.  I meant you would earn a decent day’s pay for your trouble, ‘at’s all.”

  He turns to you, Garth, with a smirk.  “Right, then, my domovidgean friend!  What’s your name?  And, if you’d be so kind, what brings you to this fine city?  ‘Course, you don’t have to tell us your business if you don’ want to.”
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Garth Avery
Agile Harlequin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 126


Human, Helcrani


« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »

Mouse looked from the one to the other as they were talking, then answered when the strangely clad man, Elias, spoke to him.

"My name is Mouse. As for my business, I only wish to make a little money with my art, which is acrobacy. The reason for choosing Nyer is that I'd heard tales about it, and as it happened to lie on my road now..."

His tone was polite enough, but rather cold. The man had gone the wrong way by calling him 'his domovidgean friend'. He had to live with his size daily, and he coped, but that didn't mean he had to like references to it. And he didn't know the guy, when exactly had they become friends? He decided to let it pass for the moment, but would say something about it if he decided to repeat it. Then he thought of something else in connection to his size.

"Before you start saying you don't believe me about my art, ask the guards at the gate. I gave them a demonstration."
Logged

Ease of laughter comes so fast when you're not in the jester's shoes...

Garth Avery
Arin Woodwealth
White Nehtorian
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 146


Human, Centoraurian


« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 05:34:41 AM »

Arin noted this man's mood when he was called domovidgean. He seemed to have gone colder, more stern. But there was more at hand, and this Elias still needed to take them to the Seagorn Garrison.

Excuse me...Elias. We need to make a move. From what you said, this man took a very bad hit, and an experienced healer is what he needs. I'm sure the hospital's healers will take care of him for now, but I still wish to see him.

This...Elias...character seems to be friendly enough. Keeping a distance would still be a good idea though.

Arin steps forward a little, as though to gesture movement. His robe barely moves, held under the weight of the many healing tools and vials of liquids and herbs of all colours, shapes and sizes.

Logged

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 05:41:12 AM »

  "Roight," Elias says with a grin.  "Let any who will come wiv me, come.  An' those that don't want to come, that's fine wiv me, too."  He turns southward once more, striding off toward the southern quarter of the city.

  In spite of the sound of dirt grinding beneath your boots, the relative calm in this part of town, at this late hour of the morning, unsettles you just slightly.  Elias appears cautious, glancing up at the windows now and again, and infrequently casting his gaze up to the rooftops.
Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 471


Elf, Eophyrhim


« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 06:54:20 AM »

As Weivóc walks up and into the town hall, he stops and looks around, he spots the registry table and heads to it, politely saying to the person attending the desk, "Excuse me, I'm here to register as a citizen of this fair city Nyermersis. Also, I would like to know where to go to setup a shop here in the merchant section of this city?" He stands there awaiting a reply from behind the desk.
Logged

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 617


Human, Erpheronian


Homepage
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 11:02:32 PM »

  Weivoc, as you enter the congested Town Hall, making your way through this line for Taxes and that line for Treasury, you wend your way toward the back of the large, dusty room.  You find a long wooden table, completely covered by three stacks of folders and numerous loose, official-looking papers, with a small, age-worn plaque reading Registry.  Behind the table, a thin, wiry woman is hard at work shuffling papers and scribbling hastily on each before stuffing each one into a folder atop one of these piles.

  Shaegrýn flips through some papers, looking very absorbed in her work.  She is wrinkly, her skin looking more brittle than the papers she rapidly fingers through.  A permanent scowl is embossed into her brow and mouth from a few decades of daily use.  She smells strongly of pipe tobacco, and the tip of her right index finger and thumb are yellowed from heavy use.  After waiting what seems half an eternity, she raises her eyes, though her head is still directed at the stack of bureaucratic mess on her desk: "Yeh, whaddyu want?"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:19:33 AM by Kelancey the Green » Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Weivóc'Neán
Forsaken
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 471


Elf, Eophyrhim


« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 06:49:04 AM »

Seeing how the lady finally started to pay attention to him, he started on "I would like to setup a shop in this great city Nyermersis. I have previously looked at a map of this fair city and would like my shop to be somewhere in Nightwinds Plaza. I do have sufficient funds of about 100 silverbards, 35 copperbard, 20 ods, and about 55 sans. I have collected these from an honest life of saving for over hundred years. Some of my life, I may have been dishonest, but I have changed. I wish to finally settle down, and there is no better place the the fair Nyermersis, City of Death. If I do have suffcient funds, and am allowed permission to setup in Nightwinds Plaza, may I know now, then I will give you a list of what I will be selling at first."
Logged

RP'ing: Speech Thoughts
A link to my CD: Weivóc'Neán

May this bless all who read it with what it holds:

Sé ilian thelduin onr líf un mor'ranr thelduin onr freohr.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 45
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx