Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Town Hall  (Read 17248 times)
Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »

A tall, gaunt woman stands proudly above the crowd, her presence unconcealable from her poise and striking attire.  The brilliant korwyn gold of her vest, contrasted with the santhran violent laced-front blouse she wears, announces her prestige and dignity loudly, before she has spoken at all.  A gleaming, toothy smile winks out every now and again as she nods at a couple of people she recognizes.  Her wide eyes are alive, searching the room, reviewing people's faces as they enter and depart, then rest on you, Aváíyá.

With magnificent grace, she strides to where you are mistreated by the Registry clerk.  "My, here's a sight we don't often see!" the tall woman chirps in a melodious, soprano voice.  "A young elf, of your stature, standing quietly in line with everyone else.  Why, you must seek a more receptive audience, good woman, if you are to get anything done in this city!  You will find nothing but reproach and disdain talking with this lady," nodding toward Shaegrýn, who grunts with rancor in response to this woman's comments.

"You seem to know who I am already--what a delightful surprise!  I am Mistress Dassrýn, civil servant with connections," she tells you as she winks knowingly, "throughout the city.  Join me, enterprising young woman!  There is something in your eyes that portrays grand ideas and great vision.  Come tell me what you envision, and I can take you to whom you would do well to present yourself."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 08:47:21 AM by Kelancey the Green » Logged

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Aváíyá Enayái
Adventurous Artist
Approved Character

Elf, Diorye’oleal / Cyhallrhim

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 05:57:18 AM »

Aváíyá lifted a brow either in irritation or surprise as the young woman stated her as a ‘young elf, of your stature’, thinking about it Aváíyá was not that young.

“A man gave me your name for I have no knowledge of you from reputation around this city”
She waved a hand around and pushed herself off the counter to face the woman. Connections eh? How much could she tell this woman about her ‘plans’ and other little mysteries?

“I shall follow you then where we may speak in private because as you must be aware of, the walls indeed have ears”
She slide a glance past the woman and watched the merchants whispering to each other, how much could a dark elf stir in one city? Ah well, she would be the first to test.

“Where shall we go?”

Kelancey the Green
White Nehtorian/Dalorin
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 06:35:25 AM »

Dassrýn withdraws a quill from her hair and fidgets with it, passing it from one hand to another.  "Let us make haste for...er, come with me."  Her tone obviously changes with this last statement, and something in her presentation changes as well, though you can't exactly discern what has changed.  She gestures with the tip of the feather toward the door, and she glides out into the brightly-lit plaza.  You can't be certain, but she might be just slightly shorter now that she's left the hall; still, it's hard to tell with the change from wooden floor to bare earth under her feet.

Though the trek is wordless, she turns her head every so often to flash you a gleaming smile and a wink.  Wait a moment...on further study, the quill she holds is not a feather, but some very delicately-crafted gold quill in the shape of a feather.  Who carries such things around?, you muse to yourself.

You round a corner, and your eyes linger on an etched sign which reads "Beggar's Alley".  A few steps more, and your guide rounds on the heel of one boot--wait, was she wearing shoes or boots in Town Hall?  She turns on her heel, facing you, drawing her head back as if looking you up and down, sizing you up.

She smiles broadly once more and gleefully chimes, "Yep, you're right for the place.  So, let's go, come in, come in already!"  She takes two steps toward a pair of women standing in front of a rubble-laden tunnel entrance who withdraw their spears from your path on receiving a nod from Dass...what's her name, again?

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."  --Master Yoda
Kelancey the Green
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »

Making her way past the gate, Khel shot an irritated glance back at the young guard. Bored, that’s all they were. Annoying, Khel thought to herself. Marching on, she wrapped her cloak tighter around her slender frame and held her head high. Walking through the city, Khel thought it had been entirely too long since being inside city walls. The buildings were plain, but welcoming and familiar. The morning was brilliant, and she was not entirely unhappy as she trod down the road. The only nudge in the back of her mind was the overdue arrival of Drexal. Or perhaps he would not come? Khel shook her head slightly, quickening her pace. He would come, and if he did not, she would not allow herself to be dependent upon him. Her greatest loss would be Bristol. No, that was not true either. Her feelings for Drexal as mysterious as the man himself, Khel decided to push him from her mind at least until this stupid business was taken care of. He would find her, and if not, she would surely find him. Navigation within a city was not something Khel knew nothing of.

Khel suppose later in the morning and into the afternoon the city would be bustling. She glanced around with excitement. Yes, Nyermersys would have much to offer her. Registering at Town Hall, however, was something she was not particularly looking forward to. Why bring attention to herself? Shaking off her impending irritation at the whole process, Khel spotted a large building that could only be Town Hall.

Entering the building, few people resided in its halls. Without hesitation, Khel made her way through the building, noting the crowds of people gathered about specifically marked tables. She pushed the hood off her head, revealing her long raven hair, and the well lit room reflected in her purplish eyes. Reaching the last table, marked Registry, she approached as two women marched off together. Sparing only a moment to glance curiously at them, Khel reached the desk and said to the clerk, ”My name is Khel, I was told to register here.” Her lips parted only slightly, and her voice was only for the woman at the desk to hear. Her dark eyes, however, looked straight into the woman’s own, awaiting her response and instructions. She had nothing more to say. She wanted to get this over with.

..tell me your heart doesn't race for a hurricane or a burning building. -asw
Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 04:38:07 AM »

The shriveled old woman squints at you. "You've come to the right place, young missy!" she says in a cracked voice. "So." she sits there, looking at you expectantly. After a few moments, she realizes that she needs to say some more. "Whaddaya want to do in the City of Death, young missy? Just move in? Start a shop? Anything?" she says impatiently, drumming her stick-like fingers on her desk.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:39:24 AM by Alassiel Telrúnya » Logged

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »

The old woman at the desk looked up at Khel, saying, "You've come to the right place, young missy! So." She paused, and Khel looked at her skeptically. Did she understand her own job? "Whaddaya want to do in the City of Death, young missy? Just move in? Start a shop? Anything?" The woman seemed impatient, drumming her fingers on the desk, and this aggravated Khel. Narrowing her black eyes further, she stood a little taller and glanced around the place. This was a Town Hall. Shouldn’t it be upstanding? Shouldn’t this woman be polite and guiding her answer? Khel shook her head slightly in annoyance and leaned back down, her hair falling over her shoulders and into her face.

”I am looking for work: goods to buy and eventually sell later on, or wares to carry for a shop owner to another city or town. I’d simply like to make some coin, and I’m hoping the City of Death will provide that to me.” Khel spoke calmly, and told the truth. She did need work; she needed the money. Of course, her and Drexal’s combined coin would work… Khel quickly pushed that thought aside. To be self-sufficient was to find work as soon as possible. Looking at the woman, Khel wondered what now? She quickly added, ”I am not looking for permanent residence here, just passing through. Is that all?” Khel looked at her expectantly.

She wanted to get out of this building, go on about her business, wait for Drexal, and move on. Something about this place gave her chills. Although it was beautiful and warm outside, the air wasn’t quite right. Khel felt shifty, easily annoyed, and not at all relaxed. Her toes squirmed in her soft boots, and she continually shifted her leg just right so as to feel the dagger securely against her ankle. City of Death… she mused, how welcoming could I expect it to be?

Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 12:40:07 AM »

Shaegrýn tilts her head and purses her lips as she listens to you. As soon as it's clear you've finished, she abruptly stops drumming her bony fingers on the desk and slams her hand on it with more force than would have been expected of her. "Right then, if you're just lookin' for work here temporarily, then it's your decision as to how much money you need to survive this place. If you just want enough money for food, a silverbard or two should be more than enough to get decent housing, food and the rest.

"If you plan on doing more than that, then you'll obviously need more, won't you, young missy? But me, I mind my own business, and I don't go around askin' too many nosy questions, so you just need to estimate how much you'll need, then tell me what you're mainly going to do with it. So, spout away." She subconsciously starts drumming on the desk again. The day is only half over, and she is already feeling tired, and eager to get back to her home and her husband, though one may wonder how someone could ever fall in love with her. The long queue of waiting people only adds to her tiredness.

Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »

Khel looked at the old woman, her eyes wide, as she spoke. "Right then, if you're just lookin' for work here temporarily, then it's your decision as to how much money you need to survive this place. If you just want enough money for food, a silverbard or two should be more than enough to get decent housing, food and the rest.

"If you plan on doing more than that, then you'll obviously need more, won't you, young missy? But me, I mind my own business, and I don't go around askin' too many nosy questions, so you just need to estimate how much you'll need, then tell me what you're mainly going to do with it. So, spout away."
Khel narrowed her eyes and looked at the old woman closely. What was she getting at? Did she want her to ask for a loan? To admit she needed money? Well, she didn't. Frankly, Khel was getting more than a little peeved at all the questions she was required to answer... and the information she was required to divulge. Sighing audibly, Khel forced herself into a calm, and spoke in a clear tone, pulling her raven hair back behind her shoulders.

"I carry two silverbard on my person, that should be sufficient, as you say." Khel stopped there, not sure what else was expected of her. Should she mention that if Drexal joined her they should have more? No, his money was not hers. She would hopefully leave the city with more than she came with, if she found goods to carry for some merchant or shopowner, but other than that her silverbard would get her fairly far. And if this old lady was minding her own business, her business certainly had a lot to do with Khel's business.

Instead of waiting for her response,  Khel pressed eagerly on, "Can you point me in the direction of the decent accomodations you speak of?" she asked kindly. Khel hoped this would end the interrogation and get her into a comfortable inn to plan her next movement in the city. Perhaps she would meet a merchant within the establishment, perhaps not. Maybe she would just have to wait for Drex. Khel's mind began to wander again. Looking directly at the woman, Khel noted her wrinkles... how old is she? Trying not to stare, Khel diverted her eyes and waited her response. Please say that's all she needs to know.. Khel silently rolled her eyes.

Your pal, Khel
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2007, 07:14:32 PM »

Shaegrýn's wrinkled mouth pursed with annoyance. If this ignorant child refused to accept that she needed more money to travel around Nyermersys and find work, then it wasn't her problem. She spoke to Khel. "You're right," she said, in a tone that suggested she thought the exact opposite. "Two silverbards is enough to survive, I suppose." she sniffed disdainfully.

When Khel asked for directions, Shaegrýn replied, "Well, there's Brok's Rest... it's north of the Hospital; some say that it's the best place Nyermersys can offer to weary travelers. When you exit this place, turn right, and walk till you're in front of the Merchants' house. Most people continue walking straight on until they come to Beggar's Alley, then walk down the first right they come to, and that's where Brok's Rest is. But if you want a shortcut, stop directly in front of the Merchants' house, and you'll see Butcher road. Go down that, and turn right at first opportunity to arrive at Brok's."

The old woman scribbled the directions down on a piece of parchment before handing it over to Khel. "D'you want a small map of Nyermersys to help you?" she asked. "If so, it's one san. Is there anything else you need to know?" she looked at you expectantly, waiting for an answer.

Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2007, 10:05:32 AM »

After some dificulty gaining some direction from the locals , Grial and Lyra finaly arrived the city hall , a place bubbling with movement , sighting he looked around and found where the registration was to be made , standing before the table he asked " Is this where the registration takes place ?"

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Khel
Unbound Rogue
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »

The woman looked annoyed. That makes two of us.. Khel thought to herself. Her woman's snippity remark about her funding caused her to open her mouth in protest, but she quickly gathered herself and chose to ignore the comment. Didn't this lady understand she was here to make money? But to her great relief the old woman gave her directions to an Inn called Brok's Rest. She scribbled down the directions and handed them to Khel, saying, "D'you want a small map of Nyermersys to help you? If so, it's one san. Is there anything else you need to know?"

Khel smiled politely, taking the the parchment, and shook her head. She remembered her way around cities quite well, and might have trouble at first, but would not need a map in the future. "No, no thank you. I think I'm quite alright." Khel turned to leave, looking expectantly down the hallway. Was this all the woman wanted from her? She wasn't sure. Sighing a little, Khel's toes moved anxiously in her boots and she bounced a little on the balls of her feet.

However, an Orc with faded-black skin approached with a strange companion. The companion herself was not strange, for she was simply a little girl, but seeing the Orc with her was puzzling. He asked if this was the place for registration, and Khel took this as her time to leave. Sidling away from the registry table, Khel made her way slowly back towards the entrance to Town Hall. She kept her ears focused on the commotion behind her, in case the old woman was not done with her yet.

Khel's thoughts again drifted to Drexal. Was he waiting for her here already? She was irritated with herself for constantly worrying over him. She tried to tell herself it was only because he had possession of Bristol, but knew there was more to it than that. Rolling her eyes a little, Khel realized she had stopped in her tracks while her thoughts strayed. On the move again, her soft boots barely made noise on the floor, and as Khel passed the Taxes table she looked curiously at those gathered around it. Pulling her hood back up over her raven hair, Khel prepared to exit into the street. 

Your pal, Khel
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 10:34:10 PM »

Shaegrýn squinted one eye shut and let the other rove over the orc in a critical fashion.

"Well, yes it is. And mind you, I don't have all day, so you two be quick, and tell me what it is that you want done in the this City of Death, hmm? Temporary? Looking for work? Family?" She drummed her fingernails against the table, impatient and annoyed as always.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2007, 10:16:54 AM »

"Just to rest woman ! " , his voice was calm but booming , he didn´t liked the tone of this woman , arrogance was never a trait he respected .
"As you can see , i have a child with me and she needs to rest , now you could indicate the nearest inn i would be most gratefull !"

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2007, 11:55:56 PM »

Shaegrýn's eyebrow twitched, but she did not flinch at the imposing voice the orc used.

"What is your name? And how long do you intend to stay in Nyermersis?"

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2007, 05:26:38 PM »

Vincent made his way to the town hall and entered the building. Inside was a hive of activity. He marked possible exits before proceeding to the desk labeled registration. He asked politely, "Would this be where i register?" He flashed the woman a quick smile when he finished asking.

Yes, right now I say farewell
but one day I will return with a smile
as I spit on your grave!

Vincent Varkatzas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]