Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {MV} Town Hall  (Read 17223 times)
Drexal ben Putin
Fighter
Approved Character

Human, Lyr'teimor Kuglim

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »

From the plaza, Drex looked about and his eye fell on an impressive looking building.  Someone in there had to know where an inn would be.  He led Bristol to the building and tied the little pont to a post outside.  He stared hard at the animal.  "Now, don't go stealing anyone and running off.  You better be here when I get out."  He winked at the pony, the turned and strolled into the building. 

Inside it smelled like...old people.   He saw an old woman at a desk, talking to an orc.  Drex raised an eyebrow, but after all he'd seen since leaving home, this was not that strange a sight.   From where he stood, he could hear the orc bellowing about a place to stay.  Just his luck, this is exactly what he needed.  As he stood and listened however, he was getting just as frustrated as the orc was.  Would she never just answer him?

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 03:51:24 AM »

Before the orc replied to her questions, an elf interjected asking if this was the registration desk. Shaegrýn jabbed her quill at him: "Wait your turn and let this orc here give me what I need!" She turned back to the orc and drummed her fingernails, waiting.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Grial
Lyra's Guardian
Approved Character

Orc, Orcristh

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 10:26:33 AM »

Frustation began to rise in Grial , 20 years ago this woman would be crushed into a pulp , but now Grial was old and patient , with a calm voice trying not sound too frustated he said " My name is Grial and the chid is Lyra ... We would stay just enought to rest and resume our voyage , this city smells of death and i don´t wish to remain here long ... i believe that is all you need no ? " , he then forced a smile waiting for the answer .

“Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.”
<a href="http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=4460.0 target="top">Grial[/url]
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2007, 08:53:08 AM »

"Very well, since you're here only one night I'll skip the rest. I suggest you go to Brok's Rest. North of the Hospital; leave the Hall, turn right and head all the way down to Beggars Alley, another right there, take the first right and walk till you reach it. It's considered the best inn in the city, and the price isn't bad if it's so, but that's not for me to say. Keep that little girl out of trouble, mind you" she added, then bellowed:

"NEXT!"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 08:55:57 AM by Morcaanan » Logged

Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2007, 01:11:57 PM »

"NEXT!" came the call from the lady sitting at the desk and Vincent approached quietly and asked, "Would this be where i register?"

Yes, right now I say farewell
but one day I will return with a smile
as I spit on your grave!

Vincent Varkatzas
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »

"Aye. You're an impatient lad, aren't ye? Not for me to say, but your kind is often troublemakers, young folk, never waiting long enough for whach's goin' to get here anyway..."

She rambled on for another moment or two before asking, "I need your name and how long you plan on staying in our city, and for what purpose." She poised her quill above her papers, ready to scratch the information in.

Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 12:14:51 PM »

"I need your name and how long you plan on staying in our city, and for what purpose." said the woman sitting at the desk.
Vincent replied politely, "My name is Vincent Varkatzas and I am here in search of work. How long I stay depends on if I find this certain job or not." When he finished saying this he smiled at the woman polietly while waiting for her response.

as I spit on your grave!

Vincent Varkatzas
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2007, 12:10:28 AM »

She eyed him thoughtfully. "I need a more specific space of time. Also, how much coinage do you have on your person?"

Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2007, 11:56:54 AM »

"I need a more specific space of time. Also, how much coinage do you have on your person?" said the woman. "Lets just say Ill be here for a month or so", Vincent replied, "and I have 6 Silverbards on my person"

as I spit on your grave!

Vincent Varkatzas
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Avennorian/ Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2007, 05:01:46 PM »

The town hall did not look any better than the last time he was here.  "You would think that they would at least give it a new coat of paint." thought Hylphán, as he stepped up into the building from the street.  Heading into the central room, he took his place in line behind a young man who was speaking to the woman at the desk.  He dearly hoped there would be no problems like the last time.  He started remembering, something about a murder and how they thought he was the murderer... Thank goodness the innkeeper at Brok's rest had vouched for him.  Hylphán wondered if the man was still there.  After all, it had been a good number of years.  Hylphán broke from his daydreaming  when a loud woman's voice called "NEXT".  Heading for the desk, he said "Good day to you m'lady.  I would like to register please.  I plan on being in your city approximately a month, and I have a little over 2 silverbards  on my person.  As you can tell, I have been here before.  Is there anything else you would need from me at this time?

Fair winds and following seas till our paths cross again.

Hylphán's CD
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2007, 05:40:45 AM »

"Sign here," said the clark proffering he quill in a way that said 'hurry up and get out of my face' while muttering 'impudent youngster...' in a way that it couldn't be heard.
Hylphán
Venturer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Avennorian/ Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2007, 09:13:18 AM »

As he signed his name in the registration book, Hylphán smiled inwardly and chuckled to himself.  "That aught to keep her off balance for a bit." he thought, as he turned to go.  "Oh, before I forget, could you tell me good woman if Brok's rest is still in business and in the same location?"  Upon hearing that it was, on both counts, Hylphán bowed slightly, and thanked the old woman with a "Have a marvelous day m'lady, and may fortune smile on you today."  Turning, Hylphán headed out of the building, back out onto the street.  Taking a moment to get his bearings, he turned to the young boy holding the reigns of Redwing, and dropped a couple of sans into his palm.  "Thank you for ensuring my horse did not wander off." he told the boy.  Pausing, he looked thoughtfully at the boy, then asked "Do you know where Brok's rest is?  The boy assured him that he knew.  "How would like to make an additional... say 5 sans?"  Seeing the boy's eyes widen, Hylphán, smiling, told the excited boy, "Deliver my horse to the stable at the inn, ensure she is taken care of, and I will be along in a little while.  Here is half, and the other half when I get there.  Is that satisfactory to you?"  "Yes sir! the boy blurted out, and took off at a run, leading Redwing in the direction of the inn.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 09:16:03 AM by Hylphán » Logged

Fair winds and following seas till our paths cross again.

Hylphán's CD
Niccoli Faust
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2007, 09:03:25 PM »

@Hylphan: Make your next post at Brok's Rest.
Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2007, 09:27:12 AM »

Sondirra stood in the Main Plaza, looking at the buildings.  Where to go first?  She saw the Town Hall, and smiled in satisfaction.  Yes, that appeared to be a good place to start.  They would know where the best places for her to go would be.  She hurried up the steps of the hall and entered the building, her eyes taking a moment to ready themselves to the darkness of the interior.  When she could see, she made her way to a desk.  "Hello, I'm new to this city.  I'm here to do some writing, and wanted to know if there was a nice place to stay.  It must not be too expensive, as I have yet to procure employment, but must be not be a place where people will take it wrong that a young lady resides there."  She smiled sweetly and with a quick flip of her head, swung some errant tresses back around to the back of her shoulder.  Her crystalline blue eyes flashed brilliantly.

Ganinon
Smithing Warrior
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

Homepage
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2008, 08:30:35 AM »

"Sorry, I wouldn't know. If they stopped in they would have had to hand these in at the town hall. They'd have records..." he sealed up the envelope and held it out to Ganinon. "Enjoy your stay." he said as Ganinon took the envelope.

After a walk, that would seem long only to those that are short, Ganinon reached the Town Hall. Walking in he saw few people, 3 different tables each with a sign. One said registry and Ganinon walked there first. "Am I suppose to give this to you?" he held up the envelope.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]