Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nyermersys - {HB} Blood Gate  (Read 7463 times)
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« on: June 24, 2006, 07:19:23 AM »

Positioned on the city side of the great Dragonthorn bridge, the Blood Gate is among the best defended point in Nyermersys. Those who seek to gain entry from the north, must pass the massive gate. In front, stands a lone guard, with several others in the gatehouse above as well as several archers on the wall.
As you approach the gate the lone guard calls out “Hail those who seek entrance to Nyermersys, City of Death. I am Charlie, state your business.” Charlie is about 1.8 peds tall, with a strong build. He is wearing chainmail over a dark blue tunic, an carries a large halberd at his side. By the way he holds himself it is clear that he will not accept any nonsense, and that his weapon is no stranger to him should he decide to use it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:27:28 PM by Gararion » Logged

Captain Jarrl
Gentleman of Fortune
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:48:49 PM »

Captain Jarrl "Crazy Boy" Klif was headed in the direction of the city of Nyermersys, crossing the large bridge to enter the city from the north. At least he hoped it was Nyermersys. He still wasn't quite sure where it was he had come from, since he had been drunk the last few nights. For the past few years.

Jarrl approached the large gate with an overconfident swagger, eager to enter the city. His left hand resting on his sword sheath lazily, Jarrl swooped his right and smiled in a greeting. "Charlie, eh? That's a..." he eyed the guard warily, noting everything jolly about him, "...a nice name."

"I'm here on business, as it were, and maybe a little pleasure. Never can tell, can ye?"

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest."

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 03:45:40 PM »

Charlie gives you a glance over as he speaks.  "Aye.  And how long do you figure your stay with us will be Mr...." he trails off, as if expecting something.

Captain Jarrl
Gentleman of Fortune
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 07:45:29 AM »

Jarrl looked over Charlie's shoulder, eager to enter the city and get away from the well armed guard. He flashed him another smile and decided to tell the truth. "Name's Klif. Not sure how long I'll be here. Depends on how the city is, aye?" Better to tell the truth to this man, then lie to everyone else.

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 12:33:13 AM »

Charlie nods.  "Well, I see no trouble in letting you through.  Just be sure to stop off at the town hall to pick up a set of identification papers if you think you'll be staying long enough to find yourself in need of some.  Come to think of it, one of the guards at the dock, Calyairn, can set you up with a set if you don't want to travel the the town hall."  With that said, Charlie steps aside to allow you to enter the city.

Captain Jarrl
Gentleman of Fortune
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 01:04:51 PM »

Nodding briefly at Charlie, Jarrl began to walk towards the gate. He decided to take Charlie's advice and head for the docks. He repeated the soldiers name in his head. Calyairn, he thought to himself, I like Charlie better.

Jarrl stopped halfway through the gate and turned back at Charlie. "Heh.." he said with grunt. "I'm afraid I don't know the way to the docks. Do ye?"

Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 07:08:03 AM »

Vincent walked towards the gate he heard a lone voice call out, “Hail those who seek entrance to Nyermersys, City of Death. I am Charlie, state your business.”

Vincent replied loudly, "I am here in search of work." He held his cloak to the side revealing his moonblade- the mark of a Kasumarii assassin.

Yes, right now I say farewell
but one day I will return with a smile
as I spit on your grave!

Vincent Varkatzas
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 10:22:23 PM »

The newcomer's bold action of revealing a weapon caused a couple of the archers on the wall to notch their arrows, but none drew without a signal from Charlie.

Charlie rolled his halberd through his fingers and sized up Vincent. It was several blinks before he responded.

"You know, I could confiscate your weapon before allowing you to enter this city. After all, it's my duty to guard this city: I see no reason to let you in if you have trouble on your mind."

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 05:20:22 AM »

"You know, I could confiscate your weapon before allowing you to enter this city. After all, it's my duty to guard this city: I see no reason to let you in if you have trouble on your mind." replied Charlie. Vincent replied with a quick smile, "I can assure you none shall fall at my hand within these walls. I heard a rumor that someone here has posted a large bounty on a bandit in these parts"

as I spit on your grave!

Vincent Varkatzas
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 12:01:24 AM »

"Hmmm" was all that Charlie said for a moment. He eyed the stranger critically during that minute.

"Go register at the Town Hall. Don't take your weapon inside when you do - it's grounds for an arrest."
He waved the man on towards the gate.

Vincent Varkatzas
Nighttime Drifter
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 05:05:07 PM »

Vincent Nodded his thanks and said, "Thank you for the warning" before walking through the gate into the town beyond.

as I spit on your grave!

Vincent Varkatzas
Alassiel Telrúnya
Temperamental Bard
Approved Character

Elf, Ak’váth’rhím / Injerín

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 03:46:40 AM »

Charlie studies you for a few moments before replying. "Well, I can't see a problem with that. In you go. If you fancy staying here for longer than one would normally do when passing through, then be sure to register at the Town Hall. Enjoy your stay in Nyermersys." He waves you through the gate.

Niccoli Faust
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 10:06:35 AM »

"Oi! Get yer hands offa me!" With a slight scuffle Niccoli broke off from the group of slightly burly sailors with which he'd been grappling since the docks. He briefly considered staying where he was, before looking around at the numerous guards about the gate. Niccoli's run ins with the law before hadn't exactly gone what one could call. 'well'. Niccoli bolted for the nearest exit, which was out into the streets at full tilt.
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 06:54:29 AM »

Charlie lost no time: it was clear that this elf was in a position that put his lawful standing into question, and for him to flee did not help his case.

He signaled the archers on the wall, who fired a few quick shots, but they were poorly aimed for fear of striking a bystander. Several guards ran after the elf. Charlie hastily questioned the sailors who had brought the runaway for an explanation, and swift runners were sent to warn the posts at the other gates to not let any white haired elves through - especially ones with noteworthy, sailor possessions.

Once the runners were off, Charlie asked for a more detailed story - and there is no sailor out there that doesn't know how to spin a yarn: he had viciously dunked and drowned poor Clapper in the water so as to rob him, but had fallen in himself and been caught for it.

Within a few moments of making a break for it, the elf was now wanted for murder: Charlie dispatched a runner to the Town Hall, seeking out a newcomer with a moonblade...

Yukiko Haukea
Renegade
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 02:00:03 AM »

She stopped several feet away from the gate and shifted her weight onto her right foot before placing her hands on her hips. Her head was tilted slightly to the side as if she were contemplating something. Hmm... Nyermersys. Well, perhaps I'll have better luck here. With a name like The City of Death, I'm bound to get more business... Hopefully. She dusted off her hat and placed it at an angle atop her head before heading into the city.

A man is always less charming than he thinks he is, never as irresistible as we lead him to believe, and completely captivating in his ignorance.

Yukiko Haukea
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]