Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1: Starting Over  (Read 12252 times)
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 12:38:22 AM »

Well, it seemed like this was not the elderly gentleman that Khiera was looking for. Or was it? He seemed extremely eager to display how ... virile he was. Khiera knew all about patients and overeager expresions of health and vitality -- especially when the alternative was doses of medication that gave you two stomachs instead of one, and the creation of new orifices in your body with grisly shaped blades.

"I couldn't help but notice you seemed to be looking for us, I didn't think we had spread our reputations that far... yet."

Reputations? The expectant look in his bushy-browed eyes brought a half chuckle, half smile to her lips, perhaps the only indication of the smile was the soft wavering of the veil on her face from her breath, "Actually, good sir, i was looking for --"

But then the other elderly gentleman made his way back to the table, followed by -- Khiera's eyes widened momentarily -- was she mistaken? Wasn't that an ... orc?? Khiera was well-schooled in the causes of wounds and illnesses. Orcs were one of them.

Khiera took a half step backwards. An interesting proposition began to be put forth by the orc to the second elderly gentleman. Though she had a little trouble wrapping her mind around the words spewed forth, she nevertheless got the jist of what had been said.

Glancing warily at both elderly gentleman, Khiera wondered if this was a good time to excuse herself. Reputations ...

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Oro Hart
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2004, 08:12:22 AM »

Oro looked up at the strange man.

"I have no idea what you're saying, my good sir, but I like the way you say it," Oro announced in quiet dignation. He reached into his pocket, pulled out a san, and put it in the man's hand.

"That's your first fee. You'll get more information in a little while," the little old man said smiling. "Everytime you hit something, you get another one!" Oro swayed back and forth in his seat nonchalantly as he waited for the man to respond.

Fishhook The Orc
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 04:04:22 AM »

Fishie looked at the one san.  Kept on looking in case it got bigger by itself.

"Hey, Loooneee.  I cans pick yooose up by thuh feeet an' seeee if yoooose 'as eneee moooore sahn, or yooooose cans gi' me a beeeet moooore an' save meee thuh effut."

The Orc tensed his muscles and casually bared his teeth in a not quite smile.

We du swap, yah? fur, yah? yoo give mee ten coin, yah? I give yoo unbrokun bodee, yah? yah?

So yah wunt tah na mee storee. Cost yah 3 Sahn

Traxis Greyeye
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 07:41:22 AM »

When Oro picked, he sure picked 'em well. This man looked like a fine specimen and had startled the young woman enough to make it feasible to put a hand on her shoulder and an opportunity to impress her.

"Don't worry young lady, any friend of Oro's is a friend of ours, look how familiar they already are. I only let my friends turn me upside down, and I'm sure Oro is the same.

The tone of his voice was light, but he seemed to be serious about what he was saying. Slipping around Khiera, he gestured for her to sit, and tapped the large man on the shoulder, digging out 7 more sans and holding out his hand so he could see.

"I'm sorry good sir, but Oro does funny things when he's upside down and we need him thinking straight, so here's a few more coins. I'm not your mother, but I'm sure she was a very beautiful woman and I'm also sure she would want me to tell you, 'Don't spend that all in one place!' "

Fitting words to action, he wiggled his finger under the man's nose, putting on a stern look before sitting back down at the table.  

Edited by: Traxis Greyeye at: 3/30/04 23:45
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2004, 12:34:22 PM »

Khiera found her slow retreat cut off by the old man (Traxis) weaving his way around her and motioning for her to sit. Momentarily distracted by a little ruckus between a waiter and an angered lady patron in a grey cloak, like herself, Khiera found herself conveniently directed into a sitting position by his smooth ... maneuvering.

She supposed "familiarity" was one way to put this ... queer relationship between the orc and the two old gentlemen. Khiera leaned back as far as she could in her seat and tried to maintain a gap of proximity between the trio. The sight of the orc's bared teeth was disturbing to Khiera, but she was certain it was not an appropriate moment to comment on his dental regiment.

Her gaze shifted warily among the trio. "What is this ... business of ... hitting others?" Her gloved hands pressed against the table, ready to eject herself from her seated position instantly if necessary.  

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Fishhook The Orc
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2004, 10:52:22 PM »

Fishie counted the coins. One. Two. Three. Four. ... .. ..Four one... Four Two.  Four Three  Four Four.

"Fooor Foooorr sahn is bettuh, othuh looney.  Meee yooor Mussel now."  

"What is this ... business of ... hitting others?"

Fishie smiled at the stupid skinnie with bits.

"It's whut yoooose dooo for sahn!   Yoooose go boink an' thase go owwww an' thuh looneees, thase gis you sahn!  Meee a goooood hittuh, a troooooo profeshnul. "

We du swap, yah? fur, yah? yoo give mee ten coin, yah? I give yoo unbrokun bodee, yah? yah?

Stefen Lannex
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2004, 02:34:22 PM »

Stefen watched the lady elf deal with the waiter, it hadn't been his fault entirely but with a face like that who was counting?  Downing the rest of the ale he set the tankard back down and smoothly walked over to her table.

"Dear lady I saw you're trouble with the staff here, and I wonder if I could help?  And if I can't I hope I can introduce myself, Stefen Lannex late of Milkengrad." he said with no small touch of flourish.  

"Stefen, you're a drunk, a brawler, and a womanizing cheat.  I think that's why we've always gotten along."
--Drinking buddy to Stefen

Tiaa Lywin
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2004, 09:53:22 PM »

"Dear lady I saw you're trouble with the staff here, and I wonder if I could help? And if I can't I hope I can introduce myself, Stefen Lannex late of Milkengrad."

Lady Tiaa turned to face the man who had spoken to her. She just sighed, and greeted him with a quaint smile.

"No, I don't believe that you can help unless you are a god, and I am assuming that you are not. My name is Lady Tiaa Lywin of wherever the winds call me. I am known mostly as the Weather Witch. If you have heard of me then you would know not to get on my bad side. But still it is a pleasure."

She waited for her fresh, new drink and smiled at the different waiter. "What brings you this way Stefen? Are you in this rich city for trade?"

Stefen Lannex
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2004, 05:40:22 AM »

Stefen smiled at her reply, ooooOOOO....wiiitchy woman floated through  his head for a moment.  Pausing he said, "Trade?  No just trying to keep from being killed, not to mention get a bit of drink and gold if I can get it.  

He sat down quickly in the chair opposite her, no small feat for a man with a ped long sword on his hip, at least it had taken him some practice.

"Of course that opens you to my question, what are you doing," he gestured to the tavern around them, "In this...fine fine place? 'eh?"

"Stefen, you're a drunk, a brawler, and a womanizing cheat.  I think that's why we've always gotten along."

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2004, 06:36:22 AM »

"It's whut yoooose dooo for sahn! Yoooose go boink an' thase go owwww an' thuh looneees, thase gis you sahn! Meee a goooood hittuh, a troooooo profeshnul."

Of course! Khiera was amazed at how she could have overlooked that fact. They are mercenaries!

And these two old men were probably not who she was looking for. Ailment, yes, but not one of procuring Sans through violence. Having mistakenly gotten herself into an undesirable situation, Khiera decided that it was time to get herself out of it.

Slowly raising herself from her seat, she tried to look as non-threatening as possible, nodding wanely at the trio at the table --

-- until it struck her that the first old man (Traxis) had been constantly shifting in his seat, from one flamboyant position to another. Her eyes trailed subtly to the old man's seat, and back to the old man again. It is possible ...

Khiera decided not to leave ... yet. But she was still feeling uneasy. Seating herself, a tad bit reluctantly, once more, her gaze swept the trio uncertainly as she murmured silently to Nakashi.

Hold me.
Soothe me.
Love me.

Save me from my RAGE.

Edited by: Khiera at: 4/4/04 23:47
Fishhook The Orc
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2004, 03:35:22 AM »

Fishie decided to make this look good.   He took of his large cloak to reveal his anaconda muscled arms and grinned to show his razor sharp teeth.

Hopefully, he thought, these loonies will have plenty of enemies.  It's been ages since I've given someone a proper seeing to.

He sauntered to immediately behind the two old skinnies and crossed his arms and tried to look threatening.   He did not need to try too hard.

Edited by: Fishhook The Orc at: 4/6/04 19:36
Tiaa Lywin
New Santharian

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2004, 08:15:22 PM »

"Trade? No just trying to keep from being killed, not to mention get a bit of drink and gold if I can get it."

Tiaa nodded. Despite his sword, he could have fooled her into thinking he was a merchant. He didn't look as rough as many soldiers did. Perhaps he was just a royal guard, they saw much less battle than true warriors.

"...In this...fine fine place? 'eh?"

The witch chuckled at him. "You call this tavern a fine place. You must be a fool. I have come here on business that does not concern a mortal such as yourself. I have come on the business of the gods, why does it concern you, warrior?" she asked with a sly smile.

Stefen Lannex
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2004, 07:58:22 AM »

", why does it concern you, warrior?"

Stefen paused as he thought of a suitable answer.  He looked her over again and wondered if he was digging his own shallow grave here.

"I suppose it doesn't, but if'n you don't mind.  I'll stick about to chat for a bit longer."

Tiaa Lywin
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2004, 06:10:22 PM »

Tiaa smiled at the man. "What did you say your name was again? It seems to have slipped my mind," she said with a smile.

Tiaa wasn't going to push this man away. She could use the company, and he wasn't boring her at all. "So...would you like something strong to drink? I prefer drinks that could knock a fat dwarf from his stool...they hardly affect me," she bluffed.

Stefen Lannex
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2004, 12:57:22 AM »

Sharing a smile with the, to be put mildly, good looking woman was a pleasant experience. "Stefen Lannex by name, soldier and swordsman by trade."

"So...would you like something strong to drink? I prefer drinks that could knock a fat dwarf from his stool...they hardly affect me,"

Stefen's right eyebrow curled upwards in curiosity, his paranoia kicking in at the slight idiosyncrasy of this slight elven woman being a drinker. For to stand up against the might of strong dwarven ales, well, you had to practice these sort of things. "No...no, I haven't yet had a meal. It is never wise to drink of on an empty stomach, but if you wish to drink, don' let me stop you."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]