Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1: Starting Over  (Read 12285 times)
Tiaa Lywin
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2004, 06:29:22 PM »

Tiaa smiled and shook her head. "I'd prefer to drink with another, but if you must eat then go ahead. I will just drink what I have."

She took a sip of her water and then turned to gaze momentarily at Stefen. "Tell me Stefen, do you have any battle scars? Or are you a warrior unscathed?"

Stefen Lannex
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2004, 06:07:22 AM »

Stefen stroked his beard, "Would be shame to mar this wouldn't." he replied with a laugh. "To be truthful I have a couple on my left arm got those in lessons with my father, one in this shoulder," he said pointing to his left shoulder, "From an arrow, and a few scrapes on my chest from various battles." he shrugged. "Not many but I consider this a good thing." he glanced over his shoulder after that.

"Best keep an eye on that orc, I'm sure he's out to kill me.

"Stefen, you're a drunk, a brawler, and a womanizing cheat.  I think that's why we've always gotten along."
--Drinking buddy to Stefen

Traxis Greyeye
New Santharian

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2004, 12:16:22 PM »

So now the big fighter wanted to make demands. He had given him seven good sans from his pocket and now he was trying to force more with his... extremely... big... muscles. Well, Traxis wasn't going to put up with it, as soon as he got some backup!

Scanning the crowd, he spotted the hilt of the rather large sword amongst the crowd and scuttled off to the owner, a rather small man for such a big sword...

"Excuse me good sir, I need your sword, and you to swing it... come with me.

Tugging insistently he tried to lead the man back towards his table.

Stefen Lannex
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2004, 01:30:22 PM »

Stefen's attention was diverted by the old man who had been around that orc. After nearly falling his chair from the old coot's incessant tugging he rose and turned on him

"Excuse me good sir, I need your sword, and you to swing it... come with me. "

"What ever you say. Say I'll even cut you a deal," he said pulling the old man to stop, "I'll do whatever this first job is for free. After that I want good coin in my pocket or a good reason, understand?"

Glancing back towards the orc, he turned to Tiaa and smiled,
"Business calls, I'm sure you understand." with a half bow he turned and followed the old man.

"Stefen, you're a drunk, a brawler, and a womanizing cheat.  I think that's why we've always gotten along."

Tiaa Lywin
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2004, 04:42:22 PM »

Lady Tiaa nodded Stefen off, looking at the old man curiously. She too had a rather foul dispotion when it came to orcs. They had never done her wrong, but the creatures were foul...not worth breathing in the same air as the witch.

She stood from her seat, keeping a close eye on the orc. "If you should need more force to keep this one at bay, my clerical skills are ready," she told the older man who beckoned Stefen.

Fishhook The Orc
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2004, 01:20:22 AM »

Fishie loved guarding.  He could stand erect for hours, not thinking about anything in particular.  Occasionally, for light relief, he would scratch his chin and remember past scrapes.

He didn't think anything strange in loony wandering off, he could still reach anywhere in the inn in a second or two.  When the skinny with a sword approached, that wasn't unusual either, he obviously wanted more muscle, which was also good.  It meant there would be more people to bash and more memories to think about when he guarded in future.

Happy peaceless days, thought Fishie.

We du swap, yah? fur, yah? yoo give mee ten coin, yah? I give yoo unbrokun bodee, yah? yah?

So yah wunt tah na mee storee. Cost yah 3 Sahn

Traxis Greyeye
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2004, 08:38:22 AM »

Traxis stopped in his tracks.... Clerical skills? Those might come in handy to cure his sword swinger.

"Yes yes, you come too.." He looked at her face "And smile lots, maybe you'll distract him..."

Heading back to the table, he eyed the big orc... who was just standing there... Now that he took a moment to look, he looked like he was guarding the table... As he thought it over, the infernal voice in his head started talking again.

"Good job! You're about to attack your hired help for doing his job, what next, twelve more rounds of beer and a little table dancing?"

While the second idea did sound kind of fun, the first accusation put him in a bit of bind...

Whispering to himself, he made a sharp gesture, as if cutting of speech "Shut up you! I'll take care of this."

He was already too close to the table turn around and make it look like an accident, so he continued walking...

Reaching the table, he smiled a tad nervously "Oro, meet uhh Sword Swinger and err Pretty Cleric... they want to... help us..."

Stefen Lannex
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2004, 01:21:22 PM »

Stefen smiled at the old man talking to himself, "Oh that'll be the life, once I reach the age that no one's trying to kill me anymore." he sighed softly to himself.

"Oro, meet uhh Sword Swinger and err Pretty Cleric... they want to... help us.."

He grinned and nodded to "Sword Swinger", "You can call me Stefen." he interjected.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]