Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1A: Anteroom  (Read 13496 times)
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« on: September 09, 2005, 03:12:22 PM »

The anteroom behind the throne is a smaller room than the throne room, but still farly large. It is decorated in a similar style to the throne room but seems more homely, due in part to its lower ceiling and smaller overall size.

The wall to your left as you enter is completely covered with red velvet curtains similar to those which drape the wall behind the throne in the main room. The far wall holds a door on the left hand side, a fireplace in the middle, and a sideboard on the right. Near the fireplace is a small grouping of chairs and one couch. The right wall is hung with a richly coloured tapestry depicting an ancient Thane of Marcogg ordering the construction of the two bridges over the river Mashdai. The rear wall holds the door through which you enter, and a portrait of a somewhat younger Solen, pictured with a dark-haired woman of approximately the same age.

Nasty Lady

Edited by: Nystacea Korlsdaughter at: 9/23/05 4:32
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 09:14:22 AM »

Duke Solen

Solen sweeps into the room following the Ghost, and takes a seat in a high, wing-backed armchair by the fire - the one closest to the right-hand wall. Two guards follow them in and take up positions on either side of the door. "Please, take a seat." Says the Duke, indicating one of the chairs in the group.

"I was most impressed with your manoeuvres out there. Very devious, just as I have been told.” The Duke smiles approvingly, and in a much less wholesome way than earlier. “Well. As I said, I have called you in here to discuss your rewards. I will of course,” he says in a somewhat bored voice, waving his hand negligently “offer you gold, jewels, riches with which to do whatever you please, and your freedom. But I don’t think for a minute that those things really interest you.” He pauses, and becomes much more focussed, staring the Ghost unflinchingly in the eyes. “What I think you really want is a chance to get your hands upon the Sword.” He pauses significantly, giving the Ghost time to absorb his words.

“And so you shall.” he continues, smiling craftily. “What I would like to offer you is a position on my staff. Not a position of servitude.” The Duke pauses, and then explains. “When the Sword is mine, I will be able to use it to clear my way to the throne of the Santhran himself. However, it would not serve me to be linked to the deaths. Whilst the Sword can be a most subtle weapon, I would still prefer to have a buffer, as it were, between the Sword and myself. I would like you to be the one to weild the Sword.”

The Duke sits back, watching the Ghost carefully. “Of course, should you not desire to be the one to wield that power, I am sure some other arrangement can be reached.”

Nasty Lady

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 10:10:22 AM »

That was possibly the one offer The Ghost had NOT expected. The Ghost realized then and there that there were two choices ahead of him. Either he could Take the sword, and the Duke be damned, and be running free with it, Or her Could Take the sword, return to the Duke, and stay on the Duke's tight, but stilkl fairly enjoyable, leash.

The Ghost decided to make the decision when the decision making time was at hand. Right now, either way, he was going to accept the offer.

I had expected something inane or blindingly stupid being offerred to me, but your proposition truly amazes and intrigues me. I accept.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 10:56:22 AM »

The Duke's lips smile a cat-like smile, but his eyes stay fixed on the Ghost's, searching for subterfuge. "Good," he says, after a moment, seemingly satisfied. "I will look forward to working with you." He stands, and then adds, "Of course, I hope you will not take my offer as an... ah... a limiting of your opportunities in wielding the Sword. On the contrary - I think you will find that with my protection you are able to use the Sword with much greater impunity, and many fewer consequences." The Duke gives the Ghost a last significant smile and then nods to the guards by the door, who come to attention and open the door for the Ghost. The Duke makes a small gesture with his hand which indicates that the elf may leave, and that their audience is at an end.  

Nasty Lady

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 06:58:22 AM »

THE DUKE

Solen sits in state upon the wing-backed chair to the right of the fire as he waits for the next of his questers to join him, musing over the question of whom his faithful advisor will send in to him next. They had, of course, worked out a tentative order between them, but there were many situations which could arise within the dynamics of the group in the main room which would alter who was the next to see him.

So it is that the Duke is sitting as Rheine enters the room. He looks up as she enters, taking in her dishevelled appearance and anxious mien. He stands to greet her with with a grave expression, saying, "Hello my dear. You look unwell. Please, take a seat." He gestures to a long couch which is next to the chair he favours, facing the fire.  

Nasty Lady

Edited by: Nystacea Korlsdaughter at: 9/23/05 4:32
Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 03:28:22 PM »

As Rheine entered the room, she quickly moved her shaky hands behind her back and clasped them behind her, and attempted to stand as calmly as possible. She flashed him a grin, though loses it quickly as the Duke spoke to her with a cold expression. Swallowing, she shook her head at him as he said she looked unwell, and then noded as he offered her a seat. Smiling at him again, she walked over to the couch and sits down in it.

She began to look around the room, and ran another hand through her hair, before realizing that she needed to keep focused, and snapped back to look at him again. "I, uhm." She began, swallowing as her skin flustered a little and she rubbed her forehead, a little sweaty. Feffing kack, she was too damned nervous. "Hey . . ." She smiled again, shakilly. "How are you, sir? Did you need me for anything . . . specific? I can do . . . whatever you want me for. Anything, sir."

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 06:13:22 PM »

The Duke smiles at the woman as she takes her seat. When she has sat, he resumes his own place in the chair by the fire, which is to the right of the couch upon which the restless young woman has sat. She is beautiful, he thinks to himself. Such a shame. He watches her fidgetting, and listens as she tries in vain to seem composed. "How are you, sir? Did you need me for anything... specific? I can do... whatever you want me for. Anything, sir."

Solen is expecting this. Schooling his features, he looks at her with an expression of mixed sorrow and admiration. "No, my dear woman, that will not be necessary. As beautiful as you are, that is not what I have asked you here for. But first, I think I can help you with something." He stands and crosses to the sideboard to the right of the hearth. Opening a drawer he produces three small, jewelled boxes. Placing them on a small ornate tray he carries them back to Rheine in his own hands and kneels on one knee before her, holding the tray at the level of Rheine's lap. His eyes sparkle mischeviously as he indicates the three boxes with a nod of his head, saying "Go ahead. Open them."

The Duke watches Rheine for her reaction, anticipating the pleasure she will surely feel when she sees what the boxes contain. The left one, a rectangular silver box with an hinged, filigreed lid set with blue jewels contains many silverbards' worth of the small yellowish crystals which are a form of vaninen. In the middle sits a square wooden box which opens in the same way as the left one. It is made of a warm honey-brown wood and is inlaid with gold in an intricate pattern. Inside is powdered odea moss. On the right is a hexagonal box made of a smoky coloured glass. A fine handle extends from its fluted lid which when lifted will reveal an ample supply of vhin weed.

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 10:40:22 PM »

Rheine looked down at the tray hesitantly, and her eyes quickly flashed back up to the duke and then around the rest of the room before she lowered her shaky hands to the boxes. Opening each in turn, she was met with both pleasure and fear. Her eyes again flashed up to meet the duke's own, and her hands flew back away from the boxes. She ran a hand through her hair and then smiled a bit weakly. "I-I.. uhm.. it's.... how did... why....?"

Something was definately not right here. Yeah, sure she was fidgeting madly right now and probably anyone could tell she feffing needed something ... but this, this was prepared. The duke was expecting this. How did he ...? He wasn't offering this kind of stuff to the others, most likely ... It was for just her ...

Her lips curled a bit. Damn it. Who cares. She wasn't going to go on his damn quest anyways. She'd just take the kack for free, even though he was just trying to bait her with it, and then she'd still bolt out of the whole thing soon as she was out of this damn city. He'd never find her. If she never came back to Marcogg, he could never find her. Hell, she wasn't supposed to be here anyways, so it was nothing new.

The feffer had had his guards take her kack away already anyways, so she'd pretty much just be getting it back from him now. Hell, for all she knew it was just her stuff here already... taken from her a few days earlier and put into these fancy boxes to use against her now.

-----

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 07:00:22 AM »

The Duke sees Rheine hesitate, seemingly fighting some sort of internal battle. What could she be feeling to stop her from taking this? he wonders. She is so nervous, he notices, watching her with sympathetic eyes, and a caring look upon his handsome face. I think perhaps it is not all the lack of her drug. Luckily for the Duke, he is posessed of considersable charm and he now uses this to settle the beautiful, if somewhat ragged young woman before him.

He smiles, but a little less gently this time, showing just a hint of the baser interest he was beginning to feel for her, so as to put Rheine back upon ground to which she is more accustomed. "It only remains for you to tell me which one you wish to sample, and your preferred method of imbibing..." his voice is smooth and pitched low within his mid-range - a powerful yet soft tone designed to put her at ease. He holds her eyes, focussing upon her and yet holding his distance from her so as not to crowd her.

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 12:58:22 PM »

Rheine smiles weakly at him. "S-sample..? That.. uhm..." Her eyes continued to flicker back and forth between her shaking hands in her lap and into his eyes. He was quite good-looking, but after everything else that had happened that night, she was not feeling safe by the situation at all.

Going off topic, she continued, "Imbibing...? What.. uhm... what does that, uh, mean..?" Having no education, and having never heard the word before, she was rather confused by what he was referring to.

-----

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 01:23:22 PM »

Duke Solen

Smiling charismatically at her, he says "Never mind that, my dear. Please, take some. It will help calm your nerves." So saying, he reaches into the box of odea moss and takes a small pinch, inhaling it through his nostril.

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 01:01:22 PM »

With a quick smile at the duke, Rheine glanced down towards the box and picked it up with her fingers. Opening her other hand and holding it upright, she tapped the box gently, though shakily, to form a crude line of the powder in the palm of her hand. She placed the box back down on the tray, then lifted her palm to her nose and sniffed in quickly, moving her nose along the line. Feeling her nose flare up, she threw her head back and closed her eyes as they began to feel watery. With a smile she shook her head a bit and wiped her eyes, then sniffed a bit.

"Mmm.." she murmured as she looked up at the ceiling, then looked back down at the duke. Though still somewhat shaky, she was a bit calmer now than just a few moments ago. She smiled at him, but then let the smile fade and drained the emotion from her face. Looking at him, she finally spoke, in a bit clearer fashion than earlier, "Listen, let's just cut the kack already. I'm going to agree to this damn thing of yours, okay? No need to stall it.."

-----

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 06:41:22 AM »

Solen watches some of the nervous tension fade from Rheine's body.  He returns her smile and listens as she speaks.  He is somewhat taken aback by her words, having counted on needing to bolster her spirits quite drastically before he could have her agree to undertake the journey for him.  He frowns at her words, but it doesn't take him long to reorganise his thoughts, realising that she is probably not quite so confident as she wishes to seem.

"I am surprised at that," admits the Duke. "But I am pleased, also.  I was hoping that you would agree, as I am sure you will be one of the most valuable members of the party.  All of you were chosen for a reason, as I am sure you have realised.  I think your resilience and, well... certain of your other talents will be most useful on the journey," he opines. "Of course, there will be rewards for you on the completion of this journey.  If you come back to me once the Sword is found, I will be able to reward you with riches - enough to allow you to choose the type of life you wish to live, not to have it dictated for you by circumstance." He looks steadily into the woman's one visible eye from his kneeling position in front of her on the floor, holding her gaze. "This is something I promise you.  Can you believe me?" he asks softly.

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 02:04:22 PM »

Most valuable members of the party? Like kack she would. She didn't know where the duke got his delusions, but she wasn't exactly the kind of person one hears about in myths and tails of dragons and ancient artifacts like this damn sword of his. Unless of course her "other" talents were for the group's amusement to keep up the morale while they fight the dragons and goblins and run around talking to fairies.

And then the duke speaks of riches. Rheine stares at him as he does so, and lets a smile masquerade itself on her face. Yeah, riches. The guy was trying damn hard to sound sincere, but Rheine didn't  entirely believe a word that came out of his mouth after the kack he already pulled, what with Mr. Grunklefunkle or whatever that disgusting elf-thing's name was had done with the black man. This duke would sooner have her killed after the group did come back with this sword, if it existed, than award her riches. But still . . . maybe she could prove useful to him in . . . other ways. And he could have a use for her and keep her around. And all she would have to do is hide in the back of the group and let them do the merry quest. All she had to do was stay alive. She could do that.

Fine. She'd feffing stay. Not like she had any chances of scoring as big as this by doing anything else. And he . . . well, he was good-looking, but Rheine had been screwed and beaten over by good-looking guys in the past.

Whatever. Feff it. If he wanted to kill her he could feffing do it. She had almost done it herself several times already. Wasn't anything worth living for. What else was she supposed to do? And she might actually score big here . . . this could be her chance, the one she'd been looking for. The other girls had always said, get in big with a noble, and life will change for the better.

She looked back up, having not realized her eyes had trailed to gaze at the floor beneath them. And for the first time that night smiled sincerely. Mostly.

"Yeah." she said, "I can." Leaning forwards, she pressed her lips to his and planted a deep kiss. She pulled back slowly, and winked with a slight twist of her head.

-----

Edited by: Rheine at: 10/21/05 6:09
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 09:43:22 AM »

Solen watches fleeting, unidentifiable expressions chase one another across Rheine's face as he speaks.  Her eyes drop to the floor as he finishes, and he waits for her answer.  The kiss comes as something of a surprise, but he accepts it with the grace he has always had, kissing her back with surprising gentleness.  

He smiles, pleased, as she winks at him. He stands, extending his free hand to help her up and says ironically, "Well, Lady, I see you are much recovered.  I will have these boxes delivered to the room you will stay in tonight, and your posessions will be delivered to you in the morning when the journey will begin.  Now, if you will excuse me, I must now meet with the rest of your party," he says, showing her a half amused, half annoyed grimace.

He nods to the guards, who then open the door for Rheine to exit the room.  He smiles in farewell to her, feeling an irrational need to say something else to her, like 'I hope to see you later', or, 'fare you well', but he squashes these thoughts mercilessly.

Nasty Lady

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]