Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1A: Anteroom  (Read 13498 times)
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2005, 05:05:22 AM »

“I have no family. They all died years ago,” The thin blonde woman replies. Solen just laughs sofly.  “Oh my dear, I am sorry. Please, sit down. Let me offer you a drink.”
As Nasty moves cautiously to one of the chairs, the Duke walks to the sideboard in the far right-hand corner and pours two fresh goblets of a brownish-gold liquor. Offering her one, he takes a seat in the high, wing-backed chair that is the closest chair to the sideboard. He sips delicately, and looks at Nasty. “I apologise if it sounded like I am threatening your family,” the Duke says. “I merely meant that I know of your family. Caltharians from Voldar, I believe. Now living in… where was it? A little village near the river Wynein. Your mother really is a beautiful woman,” he continues.

Nystacea sips her drink, stoically. Apologise for threatening my family, my eyeballs, she thinks. “Thankyou,” says Nasty tightly. “I always thought so.”

The Duke smiles, seeing that his threats were not too subtle for the blonde woman to grasp. “As perceptive as I was told,” he remarks, smiling coldly. He takes another sip from his goblet. “A fine liquor, don’t you agree?” Nasty nods guardedly, and the Duke continues. “I hear that you appreciate such things. I require your services on this quest. I imagine that a suitable reward for one such as yourself would include much of this,” says the Duke slowly, holding up his goblet and peering at the liquor. He lifts his eyes, staring almost playfully at her over the rim of his goblet. Lowering the vessel, he says, “How would it suit you to have your very own entertainment fund? I know that you fancy yourself something of a noble. How would you like to be a noble? ‘Lady Nystacea of Nauthery.’ It has a ring to it, does it not?” the Duke smiles at Nasty, watching the cogs whirr behind her eyes. “I have an estate out at Nauthery which has recently been… ah, vacated,” Solen smiles pointedly. “A beautiful area, and not too far from the city. Imagine, access to all those parties, unlimited funds, your own peasantry… even a full cellar, if you so desire.”

Nasty Lady

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2005, 06:03:22 AM »

Nasty’s brow furrows a little. “How could you make me into a noble? That sort of thing doesn’t happen to women of my sort,” remarks Nasty, sceptically.

“Oh, it is possible,” replies the Duke. “You are an intelligent woman. I imagine you would fit in quite easily. Especially once they see that you are favoured by their Duke. And of course, they need not know who you were before – you will be merely an adventurer who has successfully completed a task for me.”

Nasty sits back in her seat, her eyes on her goblet as she thinks over all that the Duke has said. Lady Nystacea Nauthery, she thinks. A small smile tugs at her lips. Well, if I have no other choice, that is certainly something to look forward to… “I accept,” she says decisively.

“Good,” drawls the Duke, his pleasure at having successfully manipulated this woman evident on his face. His expression leaves a bitter taste in the back of Nasty’s throat. As the Duke stands and motions for the guards to open the door for her, she stands up too. The Duke smiles at her, and says “I am glad we were able to reach a mutually beneficial agreement.”

Taking her goblet with her, Nasty reenters the throne room, a thoughtful look upon her face.

Nasty Lady

Edited by: Nystacea Korlsdaughter at: 11/24/05 22:04
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 05:06:22 AM »

As the door closes behind Nystacea the Duke wanders over to the portrait which hangs on the same wall as the door to the throne room.  Ignoring the young man pictured there, his eyes focus on the dark-haired woman.  Eyes the same light blue as his own look out of the large canvas, not quite staring at him but seeming to look past him to some other place he could never see.  Ah, sister, he thinks in a rare moment of emotion as he raises one hand to the paint to stroke the dark hair.  You ever saw the good in people, but never could help me understand.  So alike, and yet so different.  

Solen sighs, and then grimaces.  He reaches into his tunic for a handkerchief and wipes his nose, looking at the green-brown streak of odea moss powder left there.  If there had been any other way to get her to show even this much trust in me, I would have said that taking odea moss at a time like this was ill avised, he thinks in a wry tone to himself as he realises the cause of the loss of his usual rein on his emotions.  With another grimace he puts down the goblet of the fine - but rather strong - liqueur he had shared with the Caltharian woman and move to the corridor door to issue a new set of orders.  Four words of information comes back to him from a footman there and his pleased, sharp smile returns.  

Satisfied that his orders are understood and will be carried out, Solen returns to his seat and, as he waits for the next person to come to him, mulls over the information he now has.  Four words:  Kain Cristar is here.

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2005, 12:01:22 PM »

Striding into the velvet draped room, the assassain gazed around at the furnishings, then turning his icy eye to Solen. Throwing himself onto the sofa, Xaod props his feet on one arm and his head on the other side of the couch.

Without looking back to Solen, Xaod said, "Comfy couch, who's the broad?," while looking at the picture of Solen and a dark haired woman.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005, 05:12:22 AM »

Solen looks consideringly at Xaod, weighing something.  He sits, just looking at Xaod for quite some time with a thinking expression in his eyes.  Then he sits up, abruptly, having come to some sort of conclusion.  

"How are you looking forward to the quest?" he asks in a converstional tone.  "I see you may already have some entertainment for the journey," Solen continues with an almost rascally gleam in his eyes.

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005, 07:09:22 AM »

Xaod was aware that Solen was silent. Turning slightly in his hood, the assassain saw the man just sitting there, staring back at him with a thoughtful look. Sitting up abruptly, Solen spoke.

This wasn't quite what Xaod expected. And entertainment? He had an idea who Solen meant. Gazing at the man with his icy eye, the assassain replied, noting the rascally look in Solen's gaze. "I'm not quite sure what I think about this quest. To tell you the truth, I'm not too keen on travelling with an elf who has already attempted to kill me twice in this short time I've been here."

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 04:10:22 AM »

Solen looks at Xaod again, amusement showing on his face.  "Surely you're not afraid," he says in a mocking tone.  "That wouldn't do at all.  Maybe you are not quite the man my informants made you out to be."  Solen looks questioningly at Xaod, daring him to say otherwise.  "It would be a pity if it were true, as I went to such lengths to capture a certain reward for you." A slight hesitation before the word puts the emphasis on the word capture.  "Never mind," he continues, "If you are too scared you may leave now and I will set your reward" he gestures to the velvet curtains on the left hand wall "free."  A nod of the Duke's head indicates that Xaod may cross the room and part the curtains to reveal his prize.

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 09:41:22 AM »

Xaod snarled at the Duke's taunting. No one accused him of cowardice. When Solen mentioned capturing a reward for him, the assassain couldn't help but be curious. Leaping into a standing position, the assassain glared at Solen, sneering: " Of course I'm not scared! How dare you accuse me of cowardice, I'm not the one who hides in here surronded by guards."

Turning his eye to the velvet curtains Solen indicated, Xaod stalked over. Lifting his hand to the velvet, he slowly pulled them open. Looking inside, the assassain stumbled backwards. Behind those curtains was the cause of Xaod's current occupation. Redithidoor's dark hair was longer than he'd remembered, but his dark eyes were just as cold as before.

This must be trickery! How could he be alive? Xaod was sure that the man was dead. Turning to the Duke, he snarled, " What kind of trickery is this, Solen? Is this some kind of joke? I killed this man several years ago!"  

---------------
I am the Shadow that clings to you like death
I am the Silence behind your back
I am the Stalker following your every move
I am the Slayer that ends your life without hesitation

Xaod Shadow

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2005, 05:04:22 AM »

Solen merely smiles as Xaod rises to the goad and tries to insult him.  He steeples his fingers, resting them against his chin as he waits for the man to open the curtains.  As Xaod draws them back, the candlelight glints dully on the steel bars behind the velvet.  Solen's attention is totally focussed on Xaod as he stumbles back from the curtains, shock written plainly on his features.  

"It is no trick", the Duke says gravely.  Rising, he indicates the gagged man bound to the chair behind the bars whom Xaod had correctly identified as his nemesis, Redithidoor.  "He is yours, to finish what you so nearly completed that night.  You may choose to do it quickly, with the blade, or" the Duke moves closer to Xaod, dropping his voice to an almost sensuous low tone, "you may have the use of any of my dungeon rooms, and do to him what he did to you, and to your dear, sweet mother all those years ago."  

The Duke pauses, looking through the gap in the curtains at the hardened but weakening man who is sweating on to his bonds as he looks at Xaod.  Yes, you know that you are looking into the single eye of your doom, don't you, he thinks to himself.  But not yet.  You have a few months' grace at least, thinks the Duke, continuing his internal monologue to Redithidoor.  ...And if your would-be killer does not return from this journey, I may even offer you a place in my employ, he thinks, musing.  Yes, any man in your business who has managed to be as long-lived as you must surely have a few tricks to teach.  And if you are unwlling... well, I am sure Xaod was not the only victim of your mechanations...

Pulling himself back from his thoughts, the Duke looks at Xaod, consideringly.  He turns on his heel to put some distance between himself and the assassin before he says the next, on the premise of picking up his glass from the sideboard on the far side of the room.  He swirls the liquor, and looks up at Xaod.  "He is yours, after you bring the Sword of Twilight to me."

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2005, 08:48:22 AM »

Xaod looks at his clenched fists as he breathes heavily. How could he have failed? His first major assassination... failed! This was something his reputation rested on, and his revenge hadn't been completed after all these years!

Listening intently as Solen speaks, Xaod loses all thought of keeping the sword for himself. If he did not return the artifact to Solen, then he would never get his chance to finish what he had started. He would have to make sure no one else in his group stole the sword as well, this quest was already getting difficult. But the reward was something he couldn't pass up.

Hearing the man talk of his past sends a shiver through Xaod. Clearing his throat as Solen retreated to the sideboard, he replied, "I must give you top marks for being well informed, Solen. You probably remeber my past better than myself. I must accept your terms, whatever they are. I'll assure that you get your stupid sword, embarking on this foolish quest."

Shooting a dangerous look at Redithidoor, Xaod lowers his voice. "We will of course have access to our possessions and weapons, correct? They took my gloves, I feel naked without them. I'll need to retrieve them...

---------------
I am the Shadow that clings to you like death
I am the Silence behind your back
I am the Stalker following your every move
I am the Slayer that ends your life without hesitation

Xaod Shadow

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2005, 05:52:22 AM »

Duke Solen

Solen looks pleased at Xaod's words, allowing himself a small smile.  He listens to the man's next, nodding in agreement. "Of course.  All of the possessions which were taken from you upon your arrest are waiting for you in the room which has been prepared for your rest tonight.  If you will return to the main room, I hear I have-" his next words are in a slightly mocking tone "-one last brave adventurer to speak with before I retire."

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2005, 06:21:22 AM »

Nodding to Solen grimly, Xaod replies, "Very well, nice doing business with you."

Turning once again to Redithidoor, he snarls, "Don't get too comfortable, Redithidoor!

Turning on his heel, the assassain stalks out of the room, clenching and unclenching his hands.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2005, 07:46:22 PM »

Solen puts down the goblet he had picked up and folds his arms in thought as he looks at the bound form still visible beyond the bars.  Gesturing with his head to a guard to take the prisoner away, he slowly walks to the bars and watches as the guard comes in from the door and he and his fellows pick the whole chair up with the man still tied to it and return him to whence he had come.  He stands looking at the empty cell for a while before he closes the curtain and moves into the room further.  

Wandering up and down the room he lets his mind wander also, reviewing the events of the evening.  First "The Ghost", the one with the strange murdering sprees.  Even with all his power he had not been able to discover what caused them - and he was sure there was a cause, something magical or otherworldly.  His sources were worth that much, at least.

Second had come Rheine.  Ahh, what a beauty that one is, he thinks to himself.  I shall keep her for my own when she is done here.  Then Darien Gulath, arrogant as he had expected and just as ruthless.  He would serve well, if he could be made to stay and to return.  Maybe he ought to send someone to watch over the party... but no, he thinks, that would defeat the purpose of this venture.  If he defects I shall simply have him killed.  Next and last had come Xaod.  What a find he had been, complete with the lure to manipulate him and ensure his total obedience.  Solen smiles to himself.  And next...

His mind wanders ahead over what he must say and do next, and it is not until he has finished reassuring himself of the stability of the rest of his plans for the evening that he realises something.  A frown creases his face as he thinks - what is taking them so long?

Nasty Lady

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2005, 04:08:22 AM »

Solen’s eyes narrow and his mind jumps to the correct conclusion – Guoranala, deprived of his usual evening’s entertainment, has tried to make use of those around him for his fun.  Solen seats himself in his accustomed chair, to the right of the hearth and the couch, and near the wooden sideboard which stood in the corner of the room.  When he was comfortable, he said to the guard “Open the door.  Bring Kain Kristar to me.”

Nasty Lady

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2005, 11:24:22 AM »

Kain's long legs bring him within three peds of the Duke, he assumes that a man with such power has been watching him for some time. If so he would know that at this distance Kain's spells are not only painfull, but deadly. Maybe he would not know that Kain was fairly drained of energy. The elf does not let this bother him. If it gives him an advantage, so be it, if not, so be it. Solen would have plans for him anyways. You seek a blade of unique powers, and I am sure you know of my experise in such an area. Obviously you have shaken, yet fortified the wills of your pawns. They come from this room with flacid smiles plastered across their villianous lips. So what threats have you for me, what promises shall you bid my lusts to enjoy? He pauses for less than a second, then pushes on. You need us to aquire this blade, I am sure it is not for our impressive skills. No, you want us because each of us is extremely expendable. Indeed with the slaughter of these creatures you would be not only relieved of any punishment, but praised. None of us are trusted in the slightest way, and if we talk to say, the king's gaurd, our words will be upon deaf ears. Our purpose is clear to me, and your threats spur these base whores to quick action, but what to keep them in line after they leave your hallowed halls. You cannot tail us, lest your scouts be found out. You need something that will bring us back to you with your sword. What gifts may you bestow upon wretches to overcome the power of so grand a blade, that it shall bring you the throne?  What have you that shall keep these... Independent minds from tearing themselves apart? His words are spoken with the snake's tounge, and serpents eyes burn with chilled fervor into the dukes eyes. He notices something strange about them, as all his intentions bare upon only that noble fiend. There is a ragged look, the same ratty glaze that fell under the beauties own orbs. He quickly stores this in the back of his mind and after three seconds of searching down into the human, he takes a half step back, to the plush couch, and slowly lowers himself upon it. His stormy gaze never leaves Solen. Each twich of every muscle is recorded and calculated.

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]