Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 1A: Anteroom  (Read 13881 times)
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2005, 04:45:22 AM »

Solen can't help smiling as the elf, Kain makes his speech.  He had been told of the styros' archaic mode of speech but had almost forgotten until now.  At least there was no need to ask him how much he knew.  "I see that one of your new compatriots has filled you in on the details," he says, still smiling. "That is well.  It leaves me little to do, and as you know, we nobles are always pleased when we have to do little."  Solen is not above a little self-mockery, especially when he is fairly sure he is only voicing the thoughts of the other.  After all, it had been one of the ways he had become so well beloved by his people despite the rumours of cruelty which swirled outward from his residences like a tainted wind.

"Your presence is required on this quest.  As you say, you have a certain expertise for these things and you also have other talents which will benefit this party.  If you return with the sword, I will be able to bestow upon you a reward which will make you more powerful than you have ever hoped for, removing your one remaining weakness.  If you choose not to go, there is something of yours which I will keep, and, if the whim takes me, destroy."  Solen is sure that Kain will understand the threat, but is also fairly sure he will not grasp  what exactly it is he offers without a little more clarification.  He waits to watch the expressions move across Kain's face.

Nasty Lady

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2005, 09:39:22 AM »

Kain seems slightly suprised. Not at the offer, he had expected that, it was a simple thing to research his past and discover his troubleing loss of control, and even more simple to realize that he always carried with him a gigantic sword of ancient origins. His suprise was that Solen had attempted the bluff. There is no cure, Duke, do you think that I have not beseiged such tribulations with all of my prowess? The vile temperment bestowed upon me by Moh'epher is a burden I shall ever trudge beneath. Yet he understood that at this point, Solen did indeed hold Moh'epher in his grasp. The duke could theoretically keep it, if he really wished to endanger his life so. Kain did not believe the blade could be destroyed. It was too old, to ancient, crafted with magics more esoteric and archane than even he himself could behold. Forged by the will of the Chosen, no such blade could be broken by mortal hands. Moh'epher shall be returned to me as soon as I leave this room, I hope. You cannt destroy it, you dont even comprehend it's power. Yet, it layeth in thine grasp. He grins I have querry to hunt in this expedition, and could care less for who wields the pathetic throne. Even with the blade you will be but a maggot, festering in the rotten corpse of this land. Pitiful man, he cannot grasp the absolute power of the ancients. That which he seeketh shall bestow upon his soul a wound from which no mortal can recover. I doubt it not. Kain pauses in thought for a moment. He ponders if he should dare, and concludes that this man could feed him the information without realizing the purpose of the query. For my aid to be of use in your expedition, I suggest you describe the prowess and demeanor of thsese criminals you have selected. He could care less about the one eyed man, and the blonde whore, and knew as much as he would need about Gulath and the Ghost. Yet, even from afar, the influence of the girl still imprinted itself in some deep part of himself. Somewhere he realized that if he could be cured, if Solen was not the lying maggot that Kain imagined him to be, he would cure himself for her. No longer for pride or purity. He now understood that there is no purity. All is seeped in it's foes weaknesses.  

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2005, 03:38:22 PM »

Solen is not about to sit here chatting with a criminial, let alone one so arrogant as this so he simply replies "I am sure you will have plenty of time to get to know them better than I do," and moves on.  

"You are wrong in saying that there is no cure for the madness which comes upon you,"
Solen says, steepling his fingers.  "The Sword I seek, when united with another powerful magical artefact which I already posess, can cure madness.  This boon I shall bestow upon you, should you return with the Sword.  Should you not, the full force of my mages will be upon you; they have discovered more about Moh'epher than you have even dreamed, and now know how to destroy it, even at a distance."  He smirks at the elf.  "I am not sure what that would do to the one who wields it, but I don't imagine you ought to take that risk, do you?"

Nasty Lady

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2005, 06:24:22 PM »

Kain is unmoved. He doubted that Solen, who needed to use criminals to do his dirty work, could have access to the tomes that contained text on Moh'epher's beginings and purposes. Yet the healing of insanity seemed almost believeable. Surely the power of two ancient artifacts could outweigh even Moh'epher's sinister taint. Perhaps, perhaps not. Either way the best way to stay with the beauty is to go along with this man's little plot. EzCode Parsing Error: color=blueI would hope that a man of your cunning would adhere to his intellect and not challenge a knowledgeable Elf to his own game. The amount of power it would take to destry Moh'epher is beyond that of even a supremely powerful mage. Either you pay a fool's prices for fool's work, or your tounge is serpentine with it's falsehoods. Beside this, I find it in my intrest to capture this item that you seek, and will journey with these gluttons and whores. I expect my personal items will be in whatever accomidations have been made for me?[ Kain wonders about the other pale elf. The short one, could he be a mage of sorts? That hag had the arrogance to suit such profession. His focus slides away from the Duke and onto his own personal inflections. He decides to carefully examine the other elf's aura, and those of his companions on the morrow. He puts a thin finger to his chin and mutters a low mutter, then stands and starts off toward the door. By the look in his eye, he hardly knows what he is physically doing.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2005, 04:34:22 AM »

Thd Duke gives the signal for the guards to open the door for Kain and they do so, letting the elf pass unhindered.  He then gives a second signal and one of the guards looks out at the room, ensuring it is safe for the Duke to exit.  He waits until his sense of timing permits, and walks out into the main room.

Nasty Lady

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]