Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1A: An Evening of Threats and Promises  (Read 36528 times)
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« on: August 27, 2005, 06:12:22 AM »

((OOC: This first post is a guiding post. It shows you what has happened to Nasty of late, and how she got to the Baron’s home. You can assume that your character has had a similar experience, especially as pertains to his/her personal effects. Your post will start as you enter the Baron’s throne room.))

“Oi there!” Shouts a guard, startling Nystacea “Nasty” Korlsdaughter awake as she lies on the floor of the cell which has been her home for the past few days. “Got a special treat for you! You’re to join the Baron for a party. Can you b’lieve that?” At this she sits up on her elbows, but the guard runs on, muttering to himself, “A scum like you, and you’re invited to a party. I never get invited to parties. I work here, day in, day out, no complaints, despite the trash I have to guard…” at this he aims a kick at her ribs. “Come on, up ya get, I ‘avent got all day!”

The guard takes her to a small, dark, windowless room. It contains a bench, upon which stands a small basin, an ewer of water, cloths, and soap. Also, to her surprise, Nasty finds the clothes she was wearing when she was dragged in here, laundered, and lying folded in a pile to one side of the basin. None of her other belongings are there, only her clothes. Later, after she has washed and changed, different guards retrieve her and take her to a walled yard with a windowless closed carriage. Curious, she puts up no resistance as the guards set her inside. Two of them sit with her in the carriage, and they travel for a few hours.

When the travel is over, Nasty alights into another walled courtyard. As the sun begins to set, the guards propel her through a plain door, into a building and down a number of what seem to be service corridors – small, plain, and grey, but reasonably well lit. At last they emerge into a main corridor. Its walls are a creamy golden colour, and the floors are paved in an off-white marble. Portraits peer disapprovingly down at her from their places. A set of large, ornately carved double doors swing open as they approach, and the guards toss her across the threshold as if into a jail cell. The doors are slammed shut from the inside by two tall, impressively armed and liveried guards who seem not to be city guards, but rather the personal guard of whoever is the owner of this house. They take up positions in front of the door and stare impassively past her into the room.

As she looks around the room, she sees that it is square in shape, high ceilinged, with walls and floors of the same colours and materials as the corridors outside. The doors through which she entered are in the middle of the wall in which they sit. The only windows are high up, letting in a few rays of the sunset, but not giving a view out. The majority of the light comes from small groups of candles in wall-mounted half-chandeliers. Red velvet drapes hang over small sections of wall at regular intervals, perhaps hiding columns, pehaps merely ornate. The tapestries and side tables which sit between these hold her attention for only moments, as she notices that opposite the doors, in front of a wall with more than its share of drapery, stands a dias. On this dias is a high chair, padded in plush gold, and carved in the same style as the doors. It resembles nothing so much as a throne.

Nystacea's eyes narrow. Why would a Duke need a throne? she wonders. She looks around the room again, this time taking note of its occupants. A few musicians sit in a group to one side of the dais playing quietly, and a small number of liveried servants stand by the walls holding platters of food and beverages, ready to serve guests. Hm, she thinks, surprised, but approvingly. It really is a party. Or at least it will be if anyone else arrives. She glances behind her, half-expecting the guards to have gone, but they are still there, staring stoically into the room over her head. Shrugging, she walks over to investigate the servants’ offerings and to await her fellow revellers. She selects a small fish tart and a goblet of wine. As she downs them both her stomach cries in joy. Well, she thinks. This is certainly better than that stinking jail!

Nasty Lady

Edited by: Nystacea Korlsdaughter at: 8/27/05 0:46
The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 01:34:22 PM »

It was turning out to be a fairly amusing, if slightlyannoying day.

The Ghost had awoken in a jail cell. It took a few seconds for him to realize where he was, although it mattered very little to him where he was. He was taken to the jail after one of his blackouts. He had been hobbling down the street, when he passed an Ahrhim elf. A FEMALE ahrhim elf. He started to think about his wife, and his vision clouded over. When he came out of it, the woman was dead, as were the two children she had been leading, as were two men who tried to stop him. All had their heads caved in, courtesy of the swordcane. He was immediately knocked unconcious from behind, and woke up in the cell.

A guard soon came for him and led him through a castle into a large throne room. The only other people were guards and a woman, a nasty woman by the looks of her.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

Edited by: The Ghost  at: 8/27/05 5:40

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 01:20:22 AM »

Xaod sulked angrily as two guards led him to an unknown destination.

He had been on an assingment. His quarry was just around the corner, but before he had been able to execute his attack, he was knocked to the ground from the left, his blind side, where darkness over took him. When he awoke, he was in a dark, dank jail cell. There he stayed for three days, with no one but rats for company, and fed only stale bread and moldy cheese.
To his surprise, these two guards came to fetch him, declaring that he was invited to a party. When questioned, the guards told him it was the Baron's party. Xaod had no idea why he was being led there, but he didn't really have much choice. To his great dismay, his weapons were all gone when he awoke.

He had been left in a room to clean up, and change into his second pair of clothes. Xaod donned his iron gray shirt and black woolen pants, but kept his jet black cloak, and now wore the hood drawn up over his face.
The guards finnally left him inside a large ballroom, filled only with guards, a woman, a very pale elf, and a throne. Food was also present, and Xaod ached for some decent food. Striding over to it, he picked up several fruit pastries, devouring them like a starved wolf.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 06:39:22 AM »

Nasty stops with her fifth pastry half way to her mouth as the doors open again, and the ugliest elf she has ever seen enters the room. White hair, white skin, and blazing red eyes give off an impression of an otherworldly hate. She turns to face him, stuffing the pastry in her mouth as she does so. Chewing, she takes her goblet and walks toward the new arrival, eyeing him beadily. She is about to speak to the elf when another person enters.

He is cloaked and hooded, so she cannot quite make out his face - she assumes "he", as there is quite the set of broad shoulders on him. He heads straight for the food, and she would have laughed in appreciation of the sentiment had she not been staring directly into the red eyes of the ugly elf at the time. She resolves to inspect the lastest arrival soon, after she has figured out what this ghostly-looking thing is all about.

"Who are you?" she demands of the elf, staring at him warily, and keeping a distance of about three peds between them.

Nasty Lady

Edited by: Nystacea Korlsdaughter at: 8/29/05 0:46
The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 09:28:22 AM »

The nasty looking woman looks at The Ghost disparagingly and asks.

Who are you?

The Ghost looks at the arrogant woman and sneers.

The worst of your nightmares, He answers.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 10:20:22 AM »

At his answer, Nystacea's slight fear of the elf disappears and she has to restrain herself from rolling her eyes. Oh, no, not one of those! she thinks. His mien is somewhat frightening, having an eerie feel to him, but his answer reminds her of others she has met who have said similar things, and she sighs. Over-serious, hugely concieted and never any fun. Oh well.

"Yes, I suppose you are," she replies, a slight smile tugging at her red lips, "as my worst fear is boredom."

She turns away from the pallid creature, her red cloak flaring out behind her and makes to return to one of the servants standing by walls, hoping that the latest arrival hasn't eaten all the food.

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 08:48:22 PM »

Rheine rested her head against the onyx-shaded stone behind her, her eyes staring dully at the ceiling. Another cell. Another feffing cell. She had spent more time behind bars than she had on the streets. Damnit. Why her, always? Could they not catch someone else, haul them off to jail, instead of shoving her inside when she was only stopping in town for a few days?

Then again. This was Marcogg. The place she had been banished from on pain of death. And she screwed up. Damn, she screwed up. And they were probably going to kill her now. If they even remembered. Street scum like her were thrown out along with any feffing reports on them, and after a few years... it had been at least 5 by now she reckoned... after a few years they never remember one even existed at all. So she had that to hope for. That this was just a run of the mill arrest, if she hit up a guard or two they might let her go, though more likely she'd spend a few days here and then be booted out of the feffing city.

Again.

Damnit. The caravan she had been travelling with had probably left by now. So she'd have to find someone else to travel with. If she even bothered feffing travelling at all. Where the kack was she supposed to feffing go? She'd been in several towns and cities now... just what the hell was she looking for?

She sighed. Nowhere, of course. She was just wandering for the sake of wandering. She had no purpose in life. No feffing reason to keep living. And yet she did. For whatever damn reason she didn't know. Scrounging up enough money to live off of by doing anyone that wanted a prostitute like her. And then using that money to buy kack like powdered Odea moss or ale instead of food. So then she'd have to work even more to get enough money to live off of. Least she could find places to stay in... for the most part.

When she wasn't in jail. Like now.

Sighing, she glanced down towards the bars of the cell. In the distance she could see the rotten wooden door leading into the corridors of the dungeon, back up to the city. The rusted metal ring sticking out of the handle was old enough to squeek a lot, and everytime one of the guards used it it squeeked like feffing mad.

Damnit.

She really hated jail.

She hated Marcogg.

She hated her life.

Her eyes continued to stare dully at the door, and, to her amazement, or lack of, it opened, a lone guard striding through. Probably just one of the patrols, coming in to check on, and more likely, make fun of, the prisoners in there. Rheine didn't give a kack now. She'd probably just let him if he started saying stuff to her, like it looked he was gonna do judging from the direction he was moving towards her cell. She rolled her eyes.

"Never a dull moment in jail..." she said sarcastically. Oh the irony. The only way it could get duller would be if the mice stopped scrounging around. She'd go mad if that last bit of life suddenly vanished, and the prison left her to rot in complete and utter boredom.

She watches as the guard approaches, staring at him without an emotion on her face. "You know, I'm really not in the feffing mood to here any of your drelldung today. Go bitch at someone el-" She was cut off as the guard ignored her rant and began to speak.

"Listen, whore. Just shut your damn mouth and let me speak, and I'll be feffing done with you. For some Ava knows why reason, the Baron wants to see you. Wants to see a few people from down here, funnily enough. No feffing idea why. Lucky you. I heard it's even gonna be a party. Now feffing get up. We'll get you dressed in your old clothes and then we'll send ya on your way and out of my damn jail. Okay?"

Rheine's eyes widen a bit as she stands. Party? Why the kack would *she* of all people be invited to a feffing party? "Meh. This Baron probably just wants a freebie or something, then right back I go..." she muttered to herself before pushing off the wall and moving towards the celldoor. With a loud squeek, it opened, and Rheine stepped out into the hallway, and began following the guard.

"Let's go have fun..." She said, with an aura of complete lack of enthusiasm that would put the dullest of monks to shame.

She was at the end of the main corridor now. Fancy palace, and she was being allowed to walk alone through it. Nothing she could really steal though, of course, but still. And even if she could, the two guards behind her would hardly be willing to just let her walk up and pluck something for keeps and run away with it. Then again, in this fancy-just-for-the-sake-of-showing-off-money hallway, it wasn't not like she could feffing run anywhere.

Sighing, she walked the last of the way towards the door, it flying open at her and hte guards' approach. "What a gentlema-" she began sarcastically, being interupted as the two guards behind her flung her forwards into the grand ball room, then turned and moved away, the doors shutting closed to bar them from anything more to do with Rheine and the massive room.

She growled, brushing off her arms, then peaked around the room. Food. Good food. That was the first thing she saw. She could examine the rest of the room later, perhaps for things to steal. But right now, she was going to make the best of her situation and partake of some of the exquisites while she still could. These kinds of situations were rare, and nobles tended to be quite loathe to hand over their food to a piece of street trash like her in those situations anyways.

With a brisk walk she began making her way towards some of the waiters with platters, looking down to examine herself as she walked. She snuck a finger in under the hem of the large top opening of her shirt, adjusting it down a little to allow a little bit more 'view'. Plus it tended to be a little more itchy when it snuck up a little on her chest, so that was another incentive to make sure it was a bit lower.

She checked down at her pants, too, sighing as she looked around at the few other people in the room. She was, quite obviously, the poorest person in the room. As usual.

She was also, quite obviously, the best looking person in the room, despite her tattered appearance. As usual.

She grinned to herself, straightening up a little bit as she continued walking towards some of the waiters with platters, hungrilly intent on grabbing as much of the fine food and wine as she could before whoever this Baron was showed up to speak.

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Edited by: Rheine at: 8/29/05 22:19
Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 07:02:22 AM »

Xaod heard someone walk up near him, most likely to get some food, but he couldn't see them as they were on his blind side. Cursing his missing eye, Xaod rubbed the slanted ruby that took its place. Hearing the door open, Xaod realized that a fourth person must have entered. Turning, the assassain saw that the person nearby was the pale woman, and the newcomer was also a female.

Sighing heavily, Xaod grabbed a few more pastries and slid sideways a little, not wanting to be disturbed by this lot. Still wondering why he had been brought to this place, Xaod chewed on his pastry.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 04:03:22 PM »

Nasty snags a couple more pieces of food, and turns to investigate the hooded man just as a new woman is thrust into the room by her guards. The hooded man takes a few steps away, sighing loudly while the redhead approaches, as intent on the food as she herself had been.

Mentally putting her original target aside for later investigation, she looks over the  new arrival. Scantily clad, not well fed, and pretty, but in a childish way. I know that sort, thinks Nystacea. She's obviously a whore, but her looks are the sort that draw the worst type of customer. Probably a good fighter then... she looks over the woman's arms and exposed belly ...not much muscle though. Huh. Girls like that don't usually last long. Nasty narrows her eyes, intrigued. She decides to greet the girl-woman and size her up. She grabs a second goblet and thrusts it toward her.

"Here, you look thirsty."

Nasty Lady

Edited by: Nystacea Korlsdaughter at: 8/30/05 21:53
Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 05:55:22 AM »

Rheine glances at the pale woman as she hands her a goblet. She takes it in her hand cautiously, looking down at it and then back up at the woman. "Err, thanks." She took a sip, letting her eyes trail over the woman. Pale, long face, sharp face. Curly hair and red lips. She was alright looking, but the face seemed to be a bit too lengthy to be attractive, and the pale skin wasn't exactly the prettiest of features.

Rheine at first thought she was probably a waitress, but a second thought at looking at her clothes proved otherwise. Why the kack was she handing her something to drink then? Probably lonely and wanted to talk... and since Rheine had been rotting in a feffing jail cell for the past 5 days, she was willing to humour that.

"So, who are you?" she said as she took another sip.

-----

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 06:09:22 AM »

"They call me Nasty," she replies, a lazy smile at her nickname stretching her lips. She sips at her own goblet then returns the question, gazing at the girl-woman from under half-lowered lids. "You?"

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 06:29:22 AM »

"Rheine..." She looks around the room, finally taking in the various details of it. Aside from her and this 'Nasty'... whatever the hell kind of name that was... there were only two other guys besides the waiters and the guards. Not exactly much of a party. "Why the hell are we here anyways? This doesn't look like a feffing party to me, and if it was, then there's no way in hell I'd have been invited. Was just in the feffing cells."

-----

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 06:47:22 AM »

As Xaod chewed on a bit of pastry, he listened to the two females talk. Hearing the long-faced one call her self "Nasty" Xaod sniggered quietly. Upon hearing the red-haired girl say that she just got out of the cells, Xaod's interest is sparked. He was now confirmed that at least one other here was from the cells.

Turning to her, hood still casting a shadow over his face, Xaod inquires, You came from the cells too? Xaod was quite interested why he was here, and if all of these here were former prisoners, then this was a strange event indeed.

Xaod Shadow

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 07:00:22 AM »

"Me too," Nystacea replies, at the same time as the hooded man  asks "You came from the cells too?" A considering look passes over her face as she looks from Rheine to the man and back. "What..." she trails off, deciding that it would be pointless to ask what that means. Who would know? Instead she resorts to the old classic coversation starter, asking with a wry smile for the grandeur of the room: "So, what are you in for?"

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2005, 07:13:22 AM »

Rheine looks at the hooded man as he approaches, squinting her face a little in disgust as she spots the ruby taking the place of one of his eyes. She looks down to her glass and then takes another sip. "Yeah, yeah I came from the cells. Seems like everyone here is feffing from 'em, then." She rolls her eyes, then glances at Nasty. "You asked the question, you answer it first. What were you in for?"

-----

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]