Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1A: An Evening of Threats and Promises  (Read 36526 times)
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 07:26:22 AM »

Nasty grimaces. "Just a little murder. I'm sure you know the story." she says to Rheine. "Rich client, gets violent, gets a dagger in the throat. I was only in for a day and a half. They washed my clothes for me too - " she gives a short bark of laughter " - the Marcogg Laundry Service. A fine change from their usual hospitality!"

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 07:57:22 AM »

"I know the story? I've never killed a feffing client." She rolled her eyes at Nasty. "And you getting out after just a day for killing one means you got off feffing lucky. Some girls get the axe on the spot for that."

She took another sip of her goblet. "Anyways, I by every right shouldn't even @#%$ be here. Some goody-too-shoe guard decided that he didn't like whores, and just decided to throw me in." She snarled, then rubbed her eyes a little and glanced at the one-eyed wonder. "So what's your story, one-eyed Pete?"

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 09:39:22 AM »

Listening to the two women talk, Xaod feels slightly more comfortable, knowing he wasn't the only one to commit heavy crimes here. As the red-head asked him what he was in for, Xaod replied smoothly: Eh, somehow being an assassain gets you in trouble. After you start killing all the important people in the city, guards start gettin' tougher to avoid.

Slightly affronted by the disgusted look she shot him, Xaod decided to ignore it. He was after all quite good looking, despite his missing eye. The ruby gave him a satisfyingly sinister look.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 09:17:22 AM »

Nasty laughed again at Rheine's nickname for the hooded man, and then fell silent as she listened to him speak, catching a glint of red from under his hood as he moved. "Eh, somehow being an assassain gets you in trouble. After you start killing all the important people in the city, guards start gettin' tougher to avoid."

She laughs freely at the man's flippancy, whilst thinking, An assassin huh? She turns back to Rheine, responding to her comment. It had hurt her a little when the girl-woman had accused her of getting lucky, and so she replies a little harshly. "You're not the only one to lose friends to the axeman, girl. I've lost two that I know of, and probably more that I don't." Her voice lowers a little as she continues, "Girls disappear from one visit to a town to the next." she sighs. "Still, let's not dwell on the past. It doesn't become ones such as ourselves to think about all the wrongs the pigs do us - we do that we'd be throwing ourselves off a spire before morning." Dropping the topic, she turns to the assassin.

"So what about you, assassin? You have a name? Or do we just call you Pete?" she asks with a smirk. "And what kind of ugly are you hiding that you wear your hood up at a party?"  

Nasty Lady

Edited by: Nystacea Korlsdaughter at: 8/31/05 1:23
The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 10:36:22 AM »

The Ghost takes this time to go to the food tray. Dank water and moldy bread hardly help the digestive system, So the Ghost decided to grab a bite to eat.

The other three's conversation amused him. Each talking casually of the crimes they have commited, trying so hard to be nonchalant. The Ghost had killed more people than all three of these people combined have ever MET. Their puny accomplishments couldn't impress him.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 10:36:22 AM »

Xaod listened to Nasty and the red-head exchange somewhat testy remarks about losing friends to the axe. Xaod had also experienced this sort of thing, many of the assassains he had done jobs with had been captured and executed. You hear of alot of people going missing in the underground. But Xaod agreed with Nasty, no need to dwell on the past.

The assassain turned his head toward Nasty at her inquiry. "I must say it would be unwise to continue calling me Pete. I'd prefer being called  Xaod. Smiling lightly at her second inquiry, Xaod inclined his head. " Sorry, lady. It is merely a customary habit for me to keep my hood up, and I wasn't even sure this was a party. I of course seriously doubted that I would be invited to a party.

Lifting his gloved hands to his dark hood, Xaod cast the hood back, revealing his dark hair and beard. This also reveals his cold, icy blue eye, and his slanted, menacing ruby eye.

Xaod Shadow

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 12:02:22 PM »

Nystacea watches as the assassin called Xaod removes his hood. She eyes the newly revealed man, and is pleased with what she sees. A handsome face with tanned skin and dark hair, his features are clear if a little sharp. He would ordinarily have been rather handsome, with his black hair and blue eyes, but for the lack of one eye, the socket of which is filled with a large red stone.

Nasty cannot decide whether she find this revolting or attractive. As she contemplates this, she is suddenly horrified as she feels a blush begin to stain her cheeks - her body, evidently, having decided for her.

Trying valiantly to ignore her reaction to the man, she is about to respond to him when the door slams open and in stalks a giant of a man, with skin as dark as bitter chocolate. The four guards who had evidently been trying to control him come running up the corridor beyond the doors, and signal franitcally for the guards inside the room to close the doors. They do this with minimal fuss, and a clicking sound is heard from without as the guards lock the door.

The black man strides into the room, glaring around himself. "What is this? You call this a party?" he bellows. "Play!" He barks to the musicians in the corner, and they once again start to play, Nasty only now realising that they had stopped at the man's entrance. "And who under H'lf'ik are all of you?" he rumbles at the four standing beside the trays, causing one servant to lose his nerve and drop his tray. Goblets of wine crash noisily to the floor, sending red liquid spilling in the direction of the red-eyed elf.

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 05:54:22 AM »

As he removes his hood, he watches as Nasty blushes slightly. Before he could contemplate what this meant, a large, dark-skinned man bursts into the room, guards hurridly closing the doors. The man's dark skin went strangely with his flashy, golden shirt and earings, as well as his navy sash and pants. The muscled man shouted at the musicians to play, right before shouting at the lot of them and causing a servant to drop their tray and it's contents.

Watching the liquids run across the floor, Xaod quirks an eyebrow at the man. Coughing irritably, Xaod replies harshly: Well, we were about to find out who we were until you so rudely interrupted. I believe you should appologize to all of us for the disturbance, and proclaim who you are, sir.

Xaod Shadow

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 07:14:22 AM »

ZAVOSH

A man with one eye missing answers him. Zavosh turns to the man, and spits back: "Apologise? I? I am Zavosh Dantunine, and I apologise to no man!" He takes a moment to look properly at the man, taking in his appearance. Older, but not yet old. Shorter than I, but not short. Still, hardly a match for me, thinks Zavosh. A low laugh rumbles from within his chest, and he bends down so that he looms over Xaod as he says: "Unless you think you can make me? That ruby of yours will make a fine trophy." Zavosh grins ferally, making a show of looking at Xaod's red eye. He does not expect to be taken up on the challenge, and so he straightens up and gazes around the room.  

Nasty Lady

Edited by: Nystacea Korlsdaughter at: 8/31/05 23:29
Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 05:31:22 PM »

Rheine peered at Xaod carefully as he revealed his hood. While he was good-looking, the eye was a bit too disgusting for her. Then again, what was one minor blemish. She smiled to herself a little as she looked at him. She had slept with uglier. Get him to wear an eyepatch  and he'd be a lot more easy on the eyes.

She took another sip from her goblet and was about to turn to one of hte other waiters to get an actual piece of something to eat, when suddenly the doors were thrown open again and a loud, horribly dressed black man was thrown in, yelling off the top of his lungs to no one in particular. Rheine rolled her eyes as she grabbed a pastry from the tray and took a bite. She turned to watch him as he walked around, acting like he was the most important man in the world. Feffing ass. And Ava-be-damned, that had to be one of the worst outfits she had ever seen. What, was this guy trying to impersonate a noble by dressing with all these fancy blues and golds and kack? Those outfits were bad enough, but his black skin was so offsetting to the brightness of the outfit, he looked like a Rover dancer.

She smirked to herself as he continued howling, walking over to their group. Who was he trying to intimidate, wearing that? He might have actually been a bit scary looking, like One-eyed Pete and that... red eyed elf-thing. She let out a huff. What the hell was it with people and red eyes? One would think they were demon-possessed, if demons actually existed.

See, that was one of two things that people tended to try and always give you. Somehow, they'd make their eyes red. Oooh, spooky. And then they got the quiet outsider look, or the mysterious and cynical one. With the hood. Always with the hood. In the corner, all grimey and 'don't mess with me'-looking. Seriously, why couldn't these people just be out hunting dragons or something? If they don't want to talk with people, then piss off out of the Coor-ridden bars. Seriously, those dark corners could be used for better things. Which Rheine still used them for. Sometimes just to spite the feffing outsiders and snicker as they ran to another corner or left the tavern.

She sighed with a smirk, then glanced towards the black man. He had just started talking with Xaod, finishing with a threat to take the ruby eye as a trophy. Rheine rolled her eyes, and let out a quiet snicker. Men. The moment they enter the door they gotta make sure they're top-dog and be all tough. She raised the goblet to her lips after taking another sip, hiding a smiling mouth behind is she took a step back to watch the two duke it out.

She leaned over to Nasty, and whispered, "Typical male. Which one you bettin' on?"

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Edited by: Rheine at: 9/1/05 9:32
Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 05:03:22 AM »

Listening to Zavosh, Xaod sighs. They always have to do it the hard way. Xaod thinks to himself, Ah well, might as well get this over with now and get some respect established.

Sizing the man up, Xaod relized that this man was quite strong and could cause difficulties, if he could fight better than he dressed. The man obviously didn't expect Xaod to except the challenge, and the assassain planned to use this to his advantage. You really should have apologised. Xaod says quitely

Xaod had been cheated out of his weapons, but his martial arts skills would come in useful here. Swinging his left leg behind him in a complete circle, Xaod unleasehs a viscious round house kick, aimed at the man's jaw. If this blow succeeds, Xaod intends to aim a devestating punch straight down into the man's hip, one of the few places on the body where almost all the nerves crossed.

Xaod Shadow

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 08:56:22 AM »

Nasty is a little startled as the large black man shouts his way around the room. She notices his gaudy clothes but it is the dark skin which really holds her attention, as she has never seen skin like that before. I wonder where he comes from, to have skin like that. Already in a somewhat vulnerable state due to her uncharacteristically malfunctioning body, Nystacea flinches when the servant drops the tray, one goblet staining the hem of the off-white dress she wears under her red cloak. The small pang of annoyance this causes her helps her to regain her normal level of self-possession.

Avoiding looking at Xaod, she returns her attention to the black man. As the two spar verbally, Rheine leans over to her, and whispers: "Typical male. Which one you bettin' on?" Nasty snickers in response, but says nothing. She watches as the man - Zavosh, he had called himself - turns away. Then she sees out of the corner of her eye a flicker of black streaking up toward the man's jaw.

ZAVOSH

Zavosh hears the man mutter something and goes to turn back toward him when his head is snapped backward on his neck and pain blooms along his jaw. He spins with the momentum of the kick and recovers into a fighting crouch, facing his opponent who is already following through with a punch. A grin wreathes the R'mart's face as he realises he is in for a good fight.

The punch is aimed down at the space where his hip had been, but is now occupied by something a little more delicate. Zavosh's grin broadens as he catches the man's fist in his hand and squeezes. By H'lf'ik, he's a dirty fighter! He gives the fist a wrench and releases it, hoping to have done some damage, but unsure of his success.

He launches his shoulder toward the man's stomach, aiming to slam him back against the wall.  

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 10:42:22 AM »

Satisfied with the effect the kick had, Xaod is surprised to see the man go into a defensive crouch and catch his punch. Gasping slightly as his wrist is wrenched, Xaod is caught in the stomach by the larger man's shoulder. His back hitting the wall heavily, Xaod kicks of the wall to thrust his fist into the dark man's stomach; afterwards thrusting his knee up into his sensitive areas, or at least his stomach.

I've got a crafty one on my hands here. Xaod thinks to himself, grinning as widely as the black man.

Xaod Shadow

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2005, 10:03:22 AM »

Darién sighed as he sat on the prison bench, surrounded by emptiness. He knew this day had to come sometime. Darién had been drunk at some inn in Marcogg and was recognised by a city-guard. Almost seven of them had surrounded him and even though Darién was strong and self-confident, he knew he couldn’t take on all of them without getting wounded or maybe even killed. But he never really accepted the fact that this would be his demise. These guards would split the enormous reward put on his head and take him to some jail, from where he could somehow find a way to escape. He had done it before, But doubted it now.
For 2 days he had been here, And it started to bore him. It bored him so much that he had wished to have taken his chances against the guards. Maybe he would have succeeded and killed some of them. And he had faced groups of men before all alone (Yet these men where not armoured to the bone), But still it would have been better to die fighting then at some public square. A man with an axe. Or maybe worse,… to spend his final days in a stinking cell.

Until the door finally opened and four guards drove him into a corner, You are coming with us! One of them spoke. And Darién was once again annoyed, because he knew that the guards had not underestimated him, And that they probably would beat him up now so that they could transport him easier to the site of his execution.
As the guards neared, Darién did not hesitate and grabbed the bench and smashed them down all four in a row. Only one was hit hard enough to stay on the ground, The others quickly crawled back up, But they had been to late. Darién had made his way out of the cell with an agile manoeuvre and sprinted trough a long hallway to end up facing a guard with a unsheathed broadsword. Darién turned back the other way but that path was blocked now by the guards he had left in the jail cell. Enough! Said the man with the broadsword and sheathed it. There is no way possible for you to escape Darién. You would have to fight yourself trough rows of guards, It would mean a certain death for you. Darién turned to the man with the broadsword; You don’t know what I am capable off…. And he balled his fists to deliver the first punches. But now behind the speaking man even more sword wielders showed up, And Darién saw his final tiny odd of escaping vaporise in thin air. He sighed,… And couldn’t choose between fighting to death or come along.
Afterwards he didn’t regret his choice. To his surprise the guards didn’t beat him up but lead him outside into some transportation.
After a short travel he was taken into some kind of big building, Darién expected it to be from some kind of rich noble.
As he was lead trough some corridors many thoughts crossed his mind. And the most logical and common explanation was that some high stationed man would need his services for something that needed to be done without the boundaries of the law. And he would probably be a free man once he risked his live for this cause. Some doors where opened and he was lead trough into some kind of ballroom. The doors where immediately closed upon his entering.

The first thing that catched his eye was a battle between two fairly bloodthirsty guys, Who where both receiving and delivering punches, they both had a grin on their face as if they where both fighting a mere insect they wanted to squash. Also a grin appeared on Darién’s face and he walked closer to see the two bugs trying to squash each other. He walked passed 2 woman’s and his attention concerning the fight was gone…
Why have we been brought here?But he knew beforehand he asked them that this had yet to be revealed.

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2005, 01:29:22 PM »

The Ghost was starting to take a look at the food tray when the obnoxious black man came in. He acted as all those who are unsure of their movements act....overly confident. The man scared one of the servants and wine spilled....onto The Ghost, thus cementing this black man's spot on The Ghost's "Soon to be Dead" list.

The Loud man soon started fighting with the cloaked man, who was recently unhooded. After a few manuevers each, they were both standing against eachother. Some new man entered the room, but he didn't matter. The Ghost was bored.

Silently, The Ghost came up behind the loud man, Zavosh was his name. Picking up a heavy fallen goblet as he walked, The Ghost came DIRECTLY behind Zavosh, and struck him where the neck meets the skull with all of his formidable strength.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

Edited by: The Ghost at: 9/3/05 5:35

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up