Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1A: An Evening of Threats and Promises  (Read 36525 times)
Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2005, 06:26:22 AM »

Xaod angrily stalks back into the room, breathing heavily. Caught up in his thoughts, Xaod makes it halfway through the room before he looks up and sees that the newcomer is in a battle position. Turning to look at Gulath, he sees the man recovering from some sort of attack, apparently thrown up against the wall.

Snarling, Xaod tosses his head back, causing his hood to fall around his shoulders once more.  Gazing around the room with his icy eye, he spots Nystacea behind Kain, raising an inquiring eyebrow at her.

---------------
I am the Shadow that clings to you like death
I am the Silence behind your back
I am the Stalker following your every move
I am the Slayer that ends your life without hesitation

Xaod Shadow

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2005, 04:23:22 PM »

Kain glares intently on Darien's fallen form, everything else is but a blur, white noise in the background. He watches the man's every breath, studies each shiver. He is intent on the man's every weak point. He notes where he hit hardest, and acertains what to expect next. After Gulath attempts to rise, but falls even lower, Kain assumes that he will be asked into the duke's private quarters before Darien has time to recover. He steps back, nods politely to the red hed and turns on his heel. He notes that the blonde had moved, and gives her a brief, vicious grin. Kain walks toward the pale ugly elf and as he approaches he stares down at the beast and gives him a hungery glare.

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2005, 10:03:22 PM »

Nystacea sees Xaod reenter the room and raise his eyebrow at her.  The knowledge of Kain's occult powers is fresh in her mind, so she shakes her head slightly in response to the Helcrani's look, but holds back any further explanation until he is close enough to speak to.  The grin Kain gives her sends chills down her spine, but she does her best to repress it. Looking back up at Xaod she gives him a look which might look almost angry with her concern, but the thought behind it is that I hope you know what to do with this - this one is not only as full of himself as the other, but he has good reason.

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2005, 02:05:22 AM »

Xaod notes Nasty's look, and strides over to her. Glancing back at Darien for a moment, the assassain stops in front of Nasty. Trying to control his voice and supress his newfound anger with what he had discovered in the Anteroom, Xaod inquired: "What's going on now? Is this newcomer causing trouble as well? You look worried, how are we supposed to go on this quest with all these fools?!

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2005, 07:28:22 PM »

"He's a mage," Nasty blurts out.  "He- he- ... did something to Darien.  I've never... I don't like magic.  It's not natural.  We should just kill him now and be done with it.  Not that I like the man, she says, shooting a look at where Darien lies, "but Kain attacked him for more or less nothing... and look at him.  I'm sorry," she says, catching herself before she rambles on too much and looks like she's more scared than she really is. "It's just... I don't like magic," she finishes lamely, looking up at Xaod.

Guoranala

Seeing Kain's stare Guoranala twists his head up from where it hangs hunched forward in front of his shoulders and just looks up at the elf.  Slowly, he smiles politely, although on his face it looks more like a cross between a smirk of victory and a sneer of contempt.  It is clear to the elf what this one's motive for coming to him now was - he hoped that he would whisk him away to safety before his opponent revived sufficiently to beat the living spirit out of him.  Well, that wouldn't do at all.  Not only would that mean that Gulath would be more likely to take his revenge later when he had his weapons back and could do fatal damage; it also meant that he, Guoranala, would not be around to watch.  So, he continues to smirk at the marked face before him, waiting to see if the other would actually revive before he was obliged to let the Duke have his turn with the elf.  And if Kain didn't survive, well, he could always just tell the Duke that the wrong man had been brought in and had been taken back to the dungeons.  That much was true, at least.  Guoranala's smile broadened at the thought.

Nasty Lady

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2005, 11:27:22 PM »

Kain wonders what slitheres through that dark creatures mind. His very existance seems a crime against all that is good and wholesome. Gultath is withered upon the floor and shall not rise for some time. You master awaits my comming; a lowly serf such as yourself would be humble in doing his lord's favor. The mage holds none of his venom back, and his words are like acid upon the other elve's flesh. His eyes glean dareingly and a quick sneer frames his unseen lips. As such, I suggest you slither into your master's quarters like the worm you are, and inform him that I await his meeting. If you are inclined against such action, make your vile tounge usefull and speak to my this quests purpose and procedure. Kain sees the elf as nothing more than an instument of the Duke. If the servent continues to be so bold as he is now, Kain decides to just enter the Anteroom un announced. He was tired of this room, even the red head, through her stubborn silence, had become slightly less intrueging.  

Edited by: Kain Cristar  at: 12/12/05 15:31

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2005, 04:08:22 AM »

Although Guoranala is not interested in acquiescing to this young styros’ wishes, the Duke has been getting impatient and so, just then the sound of a door opening can be heard from behind Kain.  A look of disappointment twists Guoranala’s lips.  He can see past Kain the guard who holds the door open, looking at Kain to allow him to enter the anteroom behind the throne.  The disappointed face turns quickly to a mocking look as the elf gestures toward the door, signaling that he should go in, as he has his wish – the Duke is ready to see him.

Nasty Lady

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2005, 11:06:22 AM »

Kain nods curtly and growls something about getting these sinner's wishes over with. He turns quickly and stares down the gaurd's eyes. His own wretched orbs search deep into the humans, and seek out his soul. After a moment he shifts his glare to the room which holds this master. Three long strides bring him into the portal, a moments pause as he gathers his thoughts, and he walks into the Anteroom.

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2005, 08:25:22 AM »

Xaod listened to Nasty, glaring at the elf as he entered the anteroom. A mage that attacked unprovoked would be dangerous to the mission. The mage had better learn to control himself, or else the entire party would end up dead.

Snorting, Xaod turned his back to the room and replying, "Gah, who does like mages? Just what we need, an arrogant spell caster who has already made enemies before he's even gotten his damn offer!" He said this irritably, still angry at finding that his revenge had not been complete after all these years, and all this bickering didn't help his temper.  

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2005, 10:08:22 AM »

A thin line of red dripped from his mouth on the floor. It looked like Darién coughed up blood, yet it was nothing more then some of his red wine.
Again he tried to lift himself up, and this time succeeded. He fists where balled and he quickly scanned the room yet found no trace of his attacker. “he will die for that…” Yet he stayed calm and almost looked as if nothing really happened. He was a bad loser, and whatever the man had done to him, It was just a little annoyance,… This mage with foolish trickery would feel his wrath, A slow and amusing death was what he had in store for him. There was nothing more satisfying then have someone that bathes in arrogance have in front of him on his knees begging for mercy. Mercy he will not get….

Darién swiftly spits on the floor and resumes his old position, standing with his back against the wall, This time not buried in thought but,… waiting for his foe to reappear. The punch had been heavy, yet he ignored the pain. He was used to pain, He had been tortured many times before,… It was a miracle that with all his encounters in the past, that he was still alive,… And the whole set of events of cruelty and conflict had hardened him.

Death:
A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.  
    --Seneca

Pikel Thunderstone
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2005, 02:38:22 PM »

Kain Cristar

Kain leaves the room with a somewhat self satisfied air. Soon, Kain would be far more powerful, and all he would have to do is this little errand for the Foolish Bug of a Duke.

Kain sneers at Darien, who has apparently somewhat recovered from the attack. Kain hoped that Darien was not foolish enough to attack him, for Kains magical ability was waning, after all the castings this night had brought.....

Physical beauty is inextricably bound to Spiritual Beauty. If you are lacking in Spiritual Beauty, then you are lacking in Physical beauty. If you are overflowing with spiritual beauty, then you are also overflowing in physical beauty. At least in MY messed up eyes.   -Derek Coulter

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2005, 08:02:22 PM »

Nasty stays near Xaod as the mage leaves, feeling the assasin's warmth near her arm and comforted by it.  She lets out a sigh as the door closes behind Kain.  Minutes pass and she stays where she is, her eyes on the door and on Darien.  She sees him pull himself up and salvage his torn pride.  Seeing him on the recieving end of evil magic has softened her toward him somewhat, but she is still wary of him.  

Eventually, the door opens and she takes a reflexive cautious step back as Kain reenters the room.

Nasty Lady

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #162 on: December 29, 2005, 01:42:22 AM »

Darién in his turn lunged from behind the pillar to give Kain a brain crushing punch with all his power to prevent the dark magician from putting another spell on him, With a series of strikes he would pound his foe until nothing was left of him. And only stop when he was sure enough the magician was defenceless, To then look around him and be aware of what the guards would do next…

Death:
A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.  
    --Seneca

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2005, 11:47:22 AM »

OOC: Pikel has given me permission to puppet Kain.

Pangs and Eltern, members of the Duke's elite guard both have their eyes glued on the Gulath man as he waits by the door.  They spring into action mere moments after he does, catching him just as he pulls back for a second punch.  They pull him away from the mage, holding him so he cannot strike again.  Two of the other guards move toward the mage, but more hesitantly than those holding Darien.  As it happens they are not needed - Kain merely gives Darien an unreadable look and walks around the dias to the middle of the floor, behind where Nystacea stands.

Guoranala emerges once more from the shadows and observes all those present with hooded red eyes.  When he is certain he has their attention he smiles - or at least twists his blackened lips in a cruel-looking, malformed approximation of a smile - and his rusty voice grates out, "If you will all move to stand before the throne, your Duke will address his servants."  His expression shows that he awaits an argument, but also reveals that any who rise to the bait will be dealt with in a way which will give him, Guoranala, a great deal of pleasure and give the arguer none.

Nystacea is already standing before the throne so she says nothing, merely hoping that this would all soon be over and they could at least be away from that creepy bald vulture of an elf.

Nasty Lady

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2005, 01:35:22 PM »

Rheine had barely been able to keep up with the spur of events that transpired after she had walked over to Darien. The one pale elf who had gotten in several fights earlier went berserk on Xaod, then had to be restrained by the guards, returning to his "normal" behaviour as quickly as he had gone mad.

Then a newcomer emerged into the room, another elf with an oddness about his eyes. The elf, his body writhed in a heavy cloak, turned to look directly at her more than once, and more than was comfortable, and Rheine had begun to feel herself grow pallid as his eyes consistently darted over to her. Lust or something else, the elf had done little to avert his gaze and Rheine found herself staring down at the drink in her hands more than once to escape the aura that eminated out of his eyes. Normally she would try and capitalize on a man's lust for her, but there was something about this elf that seemed to prick her sense of caution with a frigid sharpness, and Rheine felt more of a desire to remove herself from the room rather than tell off the elf.

That uneasiness soon materialized itself in the form of magical energies. When the elf had blasted Darien with... some sort of spell, Rheine had almost immediately dropped her drink and fell to the ground and away from Darien, her eyes had shifted everywhere around the room for cover, but, finding none, she merely went rigid and backed herself into the wall, desiring to seep into it and out the other side, but forced into a cold, fearful position watching the elf as he nodded to her and then was called into the backroom with the duke.

When he emerged, Darien set upon him quickly, but was halted by the guards. Guoranala, as if meaning to distract the group from their ills with each other, requested that all stand before the throne so that the duke might address them. Normally Rheine would have protested the request, which had left the elf open to being labelled a servant of the duke as well and also should stand before the throne, but her fear of the situation surrounding the group made her uneasily take a place in front of the throne without delay, wanting to get out of the room and away from her other "companions", specifically the elven mage.

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]