Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1B: The Ball of Pure Souls and Tormented Minds  (Read 31751 times)
Luca the Thief
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2005, 10:15:22 AM »

Luca stood at Tasuli's approach, the cup still to her lips and the silver candelabrum in her hands. Placing the ornament gently on the mantle as directed, the half-elf looked her counterpart over.

"Petty thieves steal petty things, boy," she replied calmly, setting the brew down and looking the young man over with a sharp eye. "I think your mother would disaprove of such regard to her things. As for you... well... I may smell like a mule, but at least I don't make a point of making an 'ass' of myself." Luca smiled sweetly, one eyebrow lifted cautiously under the cover of her hair, and curtsied, pulling back at her skirts and revealing a devious amount of leg.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Elendilwyn
New Santharian

« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2005, 02:20:22 AM »

Was it wrong to have your own mind?—Elendilwyn found it a bitter pill to swallow when she was dependent on others for her livelihood. Her defiance—was it really defiance?—had apparently made the Duchess snap and the treat was rather uncalled for, but she had no worry of it for she was used to standing long hours…

Not until her dignity was insulted by fool who was the Duke—he was really no better than a child, a Duke… pah—Elen had no respect for royalty who threw their weight around as if they owned the world. She was not a slave. She came into the services of the Duchess to escape the selling of her body on the street and this was even worse than selling her body. Elen would rather terminate her services with the royal family than be a comfort woman who tends to the whims and fancy of children.

Had he looked her in the face beyond her body, he would have seen her eyes, which she imagined was flaring in an ice-cold burning glance. She would not say anything now. It was not her position to do so and she had no wish to anger another in that family. When all are gone, she will tender her resignation to the Duchess. Her body was hers and hers to give, not to be taken from her at will. She could always find her way again.

The day has waned, walk with me, grant me this song... Can you hear?
The midnight sun is calling...

Elendilwyn Gwaihir

Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2005, 02:52:22 PM »

As the insults from each stranger berated him, his cheeks flushed a deep crimson, his eyes flashing with anger. With one hand upon the hilt of his sword, Tasul’i turned to face the elf. Everyone else in the room seemed to fade from his thoughts as he stared at Ratdragon. Never before had he killed anyone, and the thought of a brawl frightened him. For once, he would not stand behind his position and wealth.

His grip tightened on the hilt as he prepared to draw forth the sword from its sheathe, and it was then that he noticed her from the corner of his eye. Only a moment before he had been disgusted by her very presence yet he now found himself oddly attracted to her. Her hair was cut in an atrocious manner, but he still wished to stroke it gently as he held her to his side. Drowning in her dark eyes, he had no thought nor desire of salvation from the blossoming feelings within him. He completely forgot about the elf as he stepped closer to Luca, gently tilting her chin upward with one hand so that he may peer into those beautiful eyes. With a smile he leaned forward, his lips coming ever closer to her own as he was intent upon kissing her.

Sera remained seated in her chair, seemingly resigned to the antics of her son. Doubts that he would ever be cured clouded her mind as her despair was clearly writ upon her face. These strangers were her only hope, yet Tasul’i insisted upon insulting them.

Luca the Thief
« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2005, 01:57:22 PM »

Luca staggered in disbelief as Tasuli came towards her, pressing her shoulders back against the mantle to get as far from the bizarre boy as possible. It was to no avail, as the young half-elf's lips promptly locked onto hers in a kiss. The thief's cheeks flushed slightly, both embarassed and a little disturbed by kissing somebody obviously so much younger than her. Regardless, her thoughts soon turned to rage at his audacity. Luca was a flirt, that was no doubt, but she did not hook up with children.

Her brown, trim brows came together in anger as she forced him away from her with a quick shove to his chest with both hands. The movement, unfortunately, caused her skirts to sway around and, more importantly, behind her... into the fire. Crackling at first, the material still wet from her excursions on the outside, it slowly began to light and before she knew it, flames were beginning to lick up the side of her right leg.

Looking down at the peculiar stench of burning mud and fabric, the  Aeruillin native let out a yelp and jumped forward... back into Tasuli's arms.

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #139 on: December 24, 2005, 04:14:22 PM »

Gararion remained silent and still as Tasul’i approached him, seeming to be unaware of the aging elven mage standing near the window.  Though Gararion was surprised to see the tears that found themselves upon the face of the half-elf as he gazed upon the rain as it fell to the ground outside, creating a soothing sound to those who didn’t mind such things.  Gararion was even more surprised as he watched the reaction of the young Duke to his ‘intrusion’, though he did not show any sign that he had taken offense of the child’s comments, which was rather easy as it would take much more to insult one of his stature.

The magus watched as the Duke carried out this method of expressing his comments to the other guests and watched with sadness as some of them did show their offense to the Duke’s comments.  Throughout this though, the magus remained at his window, taking in all in hopes of finding use for it later on in their ventures.  Though this soon changed when he watched the thief catch on fire while attempting to escape the grasp of Tasul’i.  Opening the palm of his hand and pointing it towards Luca, Gararion spoke a silent word and began to concentrate; the flames in turn beginning to diminish till their flames flickered no more.  Gararion still remained standing by the window, his palm still directed towards Luca, the sleeve of his jacket revealing hands that showed only the slightest sign of aging to the eyes on one used to the aging of elves.

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #140 on: December 29, 2005, 09:16:22 AM »

Ratdragon smirked as the half-elf hesitated on whether to fight or not. The elf would gladly welcome a brawl, but sadly the half-elf turned his attention to the thief.

Watching as the half-elfess ignited her skirt while trying to escape Tasul'i. Stepping forward, Ratdragon laid his hand on Tasuli's shoulder to gently pull him away from the girl, watching with fascination  as the flames diminished.

Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #141 on: December 29, 2005, 06:53:22 PM »

Rage burned within his eyes as she pushed him away, enraged that she would dare to reject his advances. His affection was a blessing to women, one she did not seem to appreciate. If they were alone, then he would have slapped her for such insolence, yet he restrained himself under the watchful gaze of his mother. The day would come when he would be alone with Luca, and he promised himself that she would suffer dearly for insulting him. How could any woman resist the temptation to linger eternally within his embrace? He could bestow upon a woman everything her heart desired as nothing was beyond his power. She should have swooned at the very sight of his handsome countenance. Instead, she dared to insult one far above her in society.

As he stepped forward to speak to the girl in a whisper only she would hear, he was surprised to find her suddenly in his arms. His senses were offended by her stench, and he could not bear to look upon her, so clearly was she beneath him. So focused was he upon Luca that he did not even notice as another elf laid a hand upon his shoulder. With disgust he prepared to drop her, not caring if she injured herself upon the stone floor, as his mother spoke in a harsh voice that brooked no disagreement.

"The night has passed before our very eyes, and it is the hour when eyes close as they seek the ever elusive slumber. Tasul'i, my son, would you be so kind as to show our guests to their rooms? Do not think to be mischievous by showing them to the dungeons instead, as I would be most displeased. Also, I will not have you lingering in either of the ladies' bedrooms nor their beds as they deserve a night of peace without you lusting after them."

As Tasul'i began to set Luca back onto her feet, gently as he was aware of his mother's gaze upon him, the Duchess spoke once more.

"The girl must be tired from her various exploits and would surely appreciate being carried by a strong lad such as yourself. Do not forget to show the maid to a guest room as well, it would not be proper for her to sleep in the servants' quarters this night."

Grudgingly Tasul'i carried Luca in his arms as he strode toward the doors. He shuddered to think of his clothes being stained by her filth and decided that he would burn the clothes he now wore in the morning. As he approached the doors, he kicked them open, seeming not to care if he damaged them. For a moment he turned, nodding toward everyone to follow him before walking into his mother's bedroom. With disgust he looked upon her bed, fully aware that she wasn't often alone in it. The second door opened inward and could not be kicked open, so he shifted Luca about until he was holding her with one arm as he opened the door with the other.

Gladly he shifted her back so that he held her with both arms, as her weight was a bit much for him to hold with one arm. He awaited the rest of the group for a moment as he stood in the hallway and began to proceed down the hallway once they'd all exited his mother's bedroom. The hall was empty as not even servants were awake at this late hour. After having walked for about fifty paces without saying a word, he turned to the right as the adjoining of two halls presented itself. Several doorways stood on either side of the hall, and it was to the first one on the right that he walked. Standing with his back to the door, he addressed the group as they assembled around him.

"The doors you see along this hall are the guest rooms. Each one is identical to the others so it matters not which one you choose. Whether the rooms are empty or not I do not know nor do I care."

Without another glance at them, he turned and kicked in the door to the guest room. A bed easily large enough to accommodate two people with room to spare was set against the far wall, appearing warm and inviting with its silk sheets. Curtains of the same fabric and hue decorated the window. As he was eager to be rid of his burden, he cast his gaze about the room, searching for somewhere to set her down. He abhorred the thought of placing her upon the clean bed and sighed in relief as he found a wooden chair sitting along one wall. Gingerly he set her down in the chair, not willing to risk his mother's displeasure by dropping her. With a gesture he indicated the washstand and mirror set along the opposite wall.

"I would suggest cleansing yourself of that filth before retiring for the night. Then again, water can only do so much."

Not once did he glance at her lustfully, as he was disgusted by the very sight of her. Eagerly he left the room after having fulfilled his promise to carry her to it, shutting the door behind him as he walked into the hall.

Elendilwyn
New Santharian

« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2006, 09:56:23 PM »

Elendilwyn watched the insolent Duke with slight amusement, who was as thoughtless as he was immature—what a disgrace he was to his mother—she wondered again how her ladyship could tolerate such a son. She saw the look of disgust he had upon touching the young thief and for a moment, her heart went out to Luca—that girl could do with a warm bath and rest—and was relieved to hear the Duchess drawing the whole scene to a close. It was late and she, like everyone else, was probably tired.

It was only mild surprise that caught her when she heard she was to be housed as a guest. After a night of strange happenings, there isn’t much more that can disorientate her. All she really wanted was a bed. As the Duke led them all to the guest quarters, Elen respectfully followed last of all. The passageways were quiet and the air was still to the point of suffocation, partly a result of the tension that everyone was exhibiting in response to the rage of the Duke.

She saw the room, luxurious as most other rooms are, big and spacious but a torture to clean. The irony of the night was that now she could sleep within the silk sheets which she used to fold.

Elen saw Luca placed on the chair and after the Duke stormed off, she went into the room towards the dresser by the side of the bed. There was a washbowl on the table with scented flower petals floating on the water, a serene sight in start contrast to the display of temper the Duke showed earlier. She soaked and rinsed the cloth that was by the side of the bowl and walked over to Luca with the intention of helping her wash.

Let the others choose their rooms. Once she was done helping Luca, she would take the next available room and retire for the night.

The day has waned, walk with me, grant me this song... Can you hear?
The midnight sun is calling...

Elendilwyn Gwaihir

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2006, 12:27:23 AM »

Ratdragon watched the duke with disgust. Suddenly realizing how weary he was, the elf strode to the closest door. Reaching out his hand to turn the handle, the elf slowly drew his hand back, remembering how the duke had opened the doors.

"Strange way to open doors, I suppose that's how nobility around here does it. I wouldn't want to offend them by opening doors the wrong way..."

Lifting his booted foot, the elf kicked the door in, the sound of metal on steel echoing dimly around him. Smiling slightly, the elf walked in muttering, "Hmm, quite an interesting way to open portals. I now understand how the nobility of this city gets joy out of opening doors. It does have a certain satisfying feeling"

Pushing the door shut, the elf threw himself on the silken bed, and not even bothering to use the covers, fell asleep.

Luca the Thief
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2006, 06:18:23 PM »

"I would suggest cleansing yourself of that filth before retiring for the night. Then again, water can only do so much."

She'd kill him. She'd kill the nasty bugger before he knew what hit him. The little scoundrel with his nicely folded clothes and money to burn. She'd kill him!

Luca smiled sweetly, her eyes burning with rage as her pink lips pulled back to reveal her little round teeth. She stood and dropped into an unnecessarily low bow, her knuckles brushing against the floor as her other hand curled behind her back. After Tasuli had left, Luca snapped back up straight and cracked her knuckles, cursing profusely under her breath. It was then that the half-elf spotted Elendiywn. "What in the bloody heavens is this place? A refuge for the unfortunates of mixed blood?" she thought to herself, watching the maidservant go about the room.  It took a moment before she finally realized what she had in mind. A peel of laughter escaped Luca's lips as she took the cloth from her hands.

"Oh no, doll, I'm nobody you need to be helping with such matters. Go off and get some sleep... I've a feeling Dutchy and his majesty there will be eager for your attention early enough in the morning... no need for a scrub like myself to keep you up!" she said, setting the cloth on the rim of the washbowl and examining a flower petal between her finger tips with a perplexed look on her features.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]