Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1B: The Ball of Pure Souls and Tormented Minds  (Read 32449 times)
ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2005, 05:44:22 AM »

Seeing tears run down Yijeni's face, Ratdragon looked at her in confusion, wondering what he had done now. He quickly realized that he must be grasping her arm too hard, he hastily withdrew his hand. He was not accustomed to handling women, and did not realize that they were that fragile.

Turining as he heard Tomas accuse him of purposely hurting Yijeni, Ratdragon turned, struggling to control his short fuse.

I did not mean to hurt the girl, I merely am not used controlling my strength around women. Turning to Yijeni, Ratdragon apologized. I am deeply sorry I hurt you, Lady Yijeni. I won't do it again. Bowing before her, Ratdragon retreated slowly to his crate.

------------------
Beware the BladeSinger of the Silver Sword.

RatDragon

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2005, 12:30:22 AM »

"Perhaps you misunderstood me. It was not an offer. It was a demand. You do not have a choice in the matter, and you will accompany me when I leave the ball. My wife will not be pleased by your presence, but she knows better than to defy me."

The feet of the elfess came to a sudden halt as she stood before the Duke in a state of shock. No man has EVER spoken to her with such arrogance and rudeness, so she quickly released herself from his hold and stood in front of him with her azure eyes ablaze with anger. A small pale hand rose in one swift motion, slapping squarely across the face. She then rose her voice to him. yet it was no longer soft and gentle but full of sharpness and pain.

"How dare you speak to a lady in such a manner, much less a guest. I am appalled with your words and actions." Sapphire hues glared in fury, trying to suppress the urge to end him right now. "I will not be accompanying you from the ball. I am a woman, and I demand respect. Especially when I am not of your race or of this area. I am a guest and I expect to be treated as such. Have I made myself clear or do I need to be clearer for your human male mind?"

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Tomás Valentín
Lord Valentín
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2005, 01:25:22 AM »

Duke Tyithelis

His head turned sharply to the right as her hand impacted his cheek. Glaring at the elfess as he rubbed his jaw, he considered his options. It was clear that she would not willingly accompany him to his castle, so more aggressive measures must be taken. He did not wish to harm her, but it was necessary that she understood that he was the one in control. An empty storeroom would be suitable, somewhere the elfess could be alone to contemplate how she should have responded to the honor of being invited to join his harem. The castle he now stood in was not his home, but he was sure that the guards knew of such a room and could take her there.

"You will regret striking me. Now, you will have to be punished for defying me. Guard! Take her to an empty storeroom, I'm sure you know of one. Somewhere she could consider the proper way she should have responded to a gentleman."

The guard hesitated at first, as Tyithelis was not his Duke. Shrugging, he figured that he would be punished if he dared to disobey a noble, and his calloused hand closed over the arm of the elfess as he led her from the ballroom.

Tyithelis surveyed the room, searching for another woman to dance with as he noticed his daughter sitting alone and sobbing quietly. It was not proper for a lady to display her emotions in public, so he walked over to her and pulled her to her feet. Placing a firm hand on her arm, he guided her down the hallway to a room where they could be alone, unaware that it was adjacent to the empty storeroom where he had just sent the elfess.  

Tomás Valentín
Lord Valentín
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2005, 01:39:22 AM »

Tomas nodded as the elf explained his reasons for grabbing the woman, and he once again sat down in his chair. No sign of anger could be seen upon his face, as he was not angry at the elf and never had been. It was his duty to protect women whenever possible, and Yijeni had no need of his protection.

He leaned forward as he heard shouting in the next room, though he could not make out the words. Yijeni clearly recognized the voice as her face drained of all color, and she immediately dashed to the door and began to beat upon it, calling for the guards. The door opened and she rushed out of the room before the door once again closed and it could be heard to lock once more. Any hopes Tomas had of using Yijeni to escape were lost with her departure, and he resigned himself to wait for either the Duchess or the Duke.

Incredibly, the shouts became even louder and he listened with interest as some words were audible to him.

"You...marry....insane....bastard....future.....duchy....it."

A sly grin crossed his face as he realized who the man must be shouting about.

"Well, my friends. It seems as though someone is discussing our favorite Duke in the next room. I cannot think of two better words to describe him than 'insane' and 'bastard'."

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2005, 04:05:22 AM »

The conversation had grown rather quiet as the occupants of the damp storeroom awaited answers to the questions they had formed within their minds.  But this silence would not last long, as the conversation from within a room, which seemed to resonate from the room next to their own.  The words seemed as clear to the mage as a the whipser of cool breeze as passes by one's ear, Gararion was sure the other elves of the room could hear the sentenance as clearly as he could.

As Gararion thought of the words, Tomas spoke, commenting on what he and most likely the other non-elves within the room had heard.  Tomas' words only reminded the mage of the hope he had that the duke was not truely insane, though the more time they spent within the storeroom, he too couldn't ignore the possibility.  Gararion only hopes they would recieve some sort of absolute answer, he did not come to this ball to be left within a storeoom indefinitely.

Gararion only nodded to the words spoken by Tomas, choosing not to speak on th matter til he knew more of the situation.

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2005, 04:39:22 AM »

Ratdragon watched as Tomas sat down, both glad and dissapointed that there was not a fight. Looking to the door as Yijen ran out of the room, Ratdragon's elven ears picked up an angry voice coming from the next room. Smiling at Tomas' remark, the elf slowly lifted another wine bottle out of the box, pulling the cork off and drinking it slowly as he mulled over the voices. Obviously this marriage was not to the consent of the bride. This angered the elf, but Ratdragon could do nothing about it at the moment, only hope that they would soon be released from this room.

------------------
Beware the BladeSinger of the Silver Sword.

RatDragon

Emalaya
Peacemaker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2005, 01:11:22 AM »

"You will regret striking me. Now, you will have to be punished for defying me. Guard! Take her to an empty storeroom, I'm sure you know of one. Somewhere she could consider the proper way she should have responded to a gentleman."

Her form remained rigid with anger as he called the guards to take her away. She was thoroughly digusted with her time here and would leave promptly after everything had blown over. Humans were never her favorite company anyways, at least human males. They had a false sense of property. Before the guards led her away, she spoke once more to the Duke in response to his "declaration".

"I do not know who you think you are, but you are no gentleman, and I even wonder if any human blood runs in your contaminated veins. Your treatment of women is horrifying and I pray you die a terrible death." Her voice was just as soft as before, if not even more fluid yet void of any emotion. It was merely a statement of fact and she was in no way backing away from her treatment of him, for it was well deserved in her mind.

She did not resist the guards as they led her to the storeroom. Walking slowly and with her elven elegance, she stood tall and stared directly ahead of her. In the distance she heard the sound of crying and hurried footsteps going in that direction. She knew those footsteps; The Duke. Just before they reached the room, a girl came running out from the one adjacent to it. Though somewhat surprised, she said nothing and allowed herself to be locked in the room, at least for the time being.

She was not there long before she heard shouting just outside the room. It was Duke Tyithelis and he was very angered at someone, who she quickly figured out to be the daughter he spoke of. The bride of the ball. His words enraged the elfess greatly, not only because he had the gall to raise his voice to a young lady, but to raise his voice on such an occasion to his kin.

"Is there no man in this building who holds respect for women in the least? Or has the entire male human species been so corrupted since my last encounter with them?"

From his words, it was evident she was not in consent with this marriage. The girl's fear rippled from her in massive waves. Emalaya placed her body against the door, pressing herself as close as she could and did her best to send a wave of comfort to the girl, and courage to stand up to the monster before her. No man should raise his voice to a woman of respectability, or any woman in that sense. But then again, in her mind, the Duke was not a man.

"True peace of mind comes only when my heart and actions are aligned..." - Robert Newcomb

Tomás Valentín
Lord Valentín
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2005, 02:00:22 AM »

Tomas watched in amazement as yet another elf entered the room. Unlike the two that he had already met, this one was female, and her beauty clearly surpassed that of any human woman. Her raven hair cascaded to her knees, and he could imagine that the beauty of the night was held in each silky lock. He smiled slyly as she pressed up against the door, listening to the conversation in the next room. Most women would have introduced themselves when they were shoved into a room with four strange men. Her confidence was such that she did not fear them, and he could only wonder at the source of such courage. Judging by the silk gown, she had also been attending the ball before being rudely forced into a storeroom. Her gown shimmered with the radiant hues of the ocean, and he would believe her if she claimed to belong to elven nobility, if such a thing existed among elves.

He stood and paused as he considered the proper way to introduce himself. He did not want to frighten her by mentioning an encounter with the Duke, though he was not sure if Tasul'i was the reason for her presence in this room. Realizing that the best thing he could do would be to simply tell the truth, he walked toward her and leaned against the wall as she continued to press against the door. His hazel eyes remained focused on her sapphire orbs, for it would not be proper for him to study her beautiful curves.

"Hail, elfess. I am Tomas Valentin, though some are inclined to call me Lord Valentin. May I inquire as to what your name might be? You seem to have an interest in the conversation that is occurring in the next room. Do you perhaps recognize the voices? I have often heard that elven hearing surpasses that of humans."

Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2005, 04:58:22 AM »

Gararion appeared to hadn't taken notice of the entrance made by the female elf, at least in any physical manner in which a person would normally recognise a newcomer.  Though this was not true, he knew that the door had been opened and another figure entered within the room, he even knew the figure to be an elf, thanks to his senses.  Though this did not concern him, he still wished to listen to the words which seemed to be drawn to his ear like a cool breeze.  

The mages head turned slowly to face the newcomer, awaken from his trance-like state by the words spoken by Tomas.  Gararion examined the female, though he remianed silent.  The mages inner thoughts were trying to answer a question that seemed to be forming within him, why were there so many elves attending this ball.  Elves hadn't the need of such royalties, at least that had been what he had remembered.  Gararion had to admit, he hadn't been amoung his own people, nor his own tribe in a long time.  He could only wonder if things had changed so much during his time within the Academy, his time spent wandering Caelereth, his time spent with Sarah.  At that thought, the mage turned away form the others, staring into the corner where he had been sitting as if he could see through the walls of the store room.  Could the mage see something that the others couldn't?

Emalaya
Peacemaker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2005, 12:51:22 AM »

"Hail, elfess. I am Tomas Valentin, though some are inclined to call me Lord Valentin. May I inquire as to what your name might be? You seem to have an interest in the conversation that is occurring in the next room. Do you perhaps recognize the voices? I have often heard that elven hearing surpasses that of humans."

She had only half noticed the other occupants of the room, but only barely. When one of the spoke, it surprised her and caused her to jump slightly in reaction. Upon turning around, she came face to face with a man of average height.  Bowing her head in a greeting of sorts, she smiled as best she could under the circumstances.

"My name is Emalaya Lanthir. About the conversation, how could one not hear, though it did begin a good while ago and am greatly displeased. No girl should have to suffer through such treatment, especially by her father."

Her arms snake over each other as she crossed her arms over her breast and let out a soft sigh of desperation as she felt a wave of despair for and from the girl.

"If you are wondering what is being said, the Duke is yelling at his daughter. Telling her she cannot back out of the marriage because it would look bad for him and she isn't allowed to cry."

"True peace of mind comes only when my heart and actions are aligned..." - Robert Newcomb

Tomás Valentín
Lord Valentín
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2005, 02:05:22 AM »

Tomas nodded as Emalaya introduced herself and mentioned that it was the Duke that was shouting in the next room. It was a moment before he realized that she was speaking of Tyithelis and not Tasul'i. He had never met the man personally, but according to rumors he ruled his people with an iron fist. It did not surprise him that a noble would lust after power in such a manner, but he was not pleased that it was the Lady Fenyn that was receiving such harsh words. His love for her had blossomed during the brief moments when he had first met her, and he could not bear to think of her being insulted by the man she should trust most in this world. His passion began to get the better of him, and he paced back and forth within the room as he considered his options. It would not be possible for him to break the door, and he doubted that he would be able to overcome the guards without Bane, his bastard sword. For now, he could only pace back and forth as he worried about Fenyn and awaited someone with enough compassion to free them from this room. His thoughts returned to the elfess, aware that she was probably awaiting a response, and he spoke in a calm tone though his worry was clearly showing in his eyes.

"It is a sad day when a girl cannot trust her own father. I have known the Lady Fenyn only briefly, but I feel as though we met ages ago and only now have we reunited. You may have my chair, as I do not feel like sitting at the present moment. I apologize that it is a simple wooden chair and not fit for one such as yourself, but it is the best that I have to offer."

ratdragon
New Santharian

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2005, 10:23:22 AM »

Ratdragon watched irritatedly as another walked into the room. To his surprise, she was another Elf!  He wondered why so many other elves were at this celebration, he had been sure he would be the only one here.

Drinking his wine as he listened to the conversation between the beautiful elf and Tomas, Ratdragon shook his head at the sad events. This place wasn't the joyous place he had expected, and the poor elf's interest was begginning to ebb, being cooped up in this room. Toying impatiently with his wine bottle, Ratdragon listened to the conversation with resignation.

Emalaya
Peacemaker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2005, 07:09:22 AM »

"It is a sad day when a girl cannot trust her own father. I have known the Lady Fenyn only briefly, but I feel as though we met ages ago and only now have we reunited. You may have my chair, as I do not feel like sitting at the present moment. I apologize that it is a simple wooden chair and not fit for one such as yourself, but it is the best that I have to offer."

Though she did her best to keep her emotions under control, her present unrest and irritation was clearly visible in her body language as she place her hands nonchalantly upon her slender hips. She was not in the mood to let someone get away with destroying his daughter's life, which had yet to truly begin. Not having personally met the Lady, she was not aware of the girl's appearance, but she had no doubt the girl was blessed with beauty. The wedding needed to be stopped, if for no other reason than for the Lady's sake. The life she would lead would not be fit for such a precious treasure, though from the sounds of it, her childhood was nothing to be loved either.

"No, I will not sit because I do not plan on staying in this room any longer than I have to." Her voice spoke with an evident edge to its tone. She meant business and was no longer in the mood for proper mannerisms. Through her travels, she had become more of a mercenary if anything, though much of her previous life followed closely behind her, reminding her of home and her friends. "I see there is wine by your chair. Excellent. Step back Tomas, no need for a headache later on."

While she spoke, she quickly extended her right arm out toward the open wine bottle and called the water from the contents until it was all drained and the water floated in a ball 2 nailsbreadths above her palm. Closing her eyes, she concentrated and as she did so, the water began to take shape. After what seemed half a second, the ball was now the shape of a small key, yet it lacked any teeth. When she opened her eyes, a soft mischevious smile crept upon her lips. Spinning around, she slipped the key into the lock and waited but a moment before turning the key and opening the door.

The key, though toothless, took the form of the inside of the lock, allowing her to open the door as if the steel key had been entered into the lock. Once it swung open, she flicked her wrist and the key transformed into a sword hilt. With the hilt, she hit both guards on the back of the head squarely as to knock them unconcious and collapse to the ground in two heaps. When she was finished, she sent the water to the bottle once again where it regained its previous form. Facing the men, she smiled and crossed her arms slyly.

"I believe thanks are in order."

Tomás Valentín
Lord Valentín
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2005, 06:41:22 AM »

Tomas paused in his pacing and stepped away from the door as Emalaya seemed excited about a bottle of wine next to his chair. There was a crate full of unopened wine bottles, so it could be assumed that she was not interested in drinking it otherwise she would want one of them and not his bottle. The only logical conclusion was that when all reason fails, magic must be involved. Two of his companions within the storeroom had already revealed themselves as mages, and it would be quite a surprise to learn that three mages attended the same ball. Yet there was no other explanation, she had to possess magic that held sway over wine, or at least over most if not all liquids.

His conclusions were confirmed as water rose from the bottle, separating itself from the wine. He watched in amazement as a key was formed, surprised by the knowledge that such a slender elfess possessed such power. With finesse she unlocked the door with her newly formed key, and he readied himself for the guards that he knew to stand outside in the hallway. He did not believe that Emalaya needed his protection, but he would offer it nonetheless. It would shame him forever if he allowed harm to come to any female of any race. Preparing to rush out the room, he stopped short as the water formed into the hilt of a sword and knocked both guards unconscious. The door now stood open, and the hallway was empty. They had their freedom, and he turned to the elfess as she demanded gratitude. He heard her subtle insult that she did what they could not, but he had never been ashamed of himself for not being able to cast magic. He was content to wield Bane as he defended his life and the lives of those that could not defend themselves.

His thoughts remained upon Lady Fenyn. No amount of joy over his sudden attainment of freedom could cause him to forget her plight. He quickly stepped to the elfess and brushed his lips along her cheek as he kissed her. He chuckled softly as he walked to the door and spoke to Emalaya.

"I have never had a problem with gratitude, and you clearly deserve mine as well as that of my companions. I have always thought that beautiful women were dangerous."

He stepped out of the storeroom as he scanned the hallway, ensuring that it was empty. He did not see any guards, so he walked to the door of the adjacent room, intent upon rescuing Fenyn from her father. Just as he was about to open the door, he had a strange feeling that someone was standing behind him. Turning around, he recognized the Duchess Sera though he had never met her. Only from a distance had he seen her during the ball, and it was easy to see that age had imparted beauty as well as wisdom.

Edited by: Tomas Valentin at: 9/29/05 22:49
Gararion
Wind Waker
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2005, 12:11:22 PM »

Gararion remained sitting on his provisional chair, watching as the female elf had revealed to him that she too had the gift of magic.  Though the aura that the mage sensed about the female seemed differen't, not like the arua's that he had often sensed amoung the students that he had taught.  She didn't alter the caráll around her like most people, though Gararion's experience and wisdom lead the wizard to the truth, this female was druid.

Gararion had met very few druids during his life, mostly learning about their strengths and limitations through texts within Ximax.  The few druids he had met hadn't displayed their power so freely, nor did they seem to have the same rage that this female had within.  They seemed withdrawned, keeping their powers hidden from those around them.

As the druid had finished her little show, disabling both the guards that stood watch over their door with her resouceful weapon, she turned to face the others within the room, a smile formed upon her lips.  She had thought she had given the men within the room a way out, something that she thought the other were incapable of doing, but Gararion knew otherwards.  She obviously didn't know of the abilities of those she shared the company with.  This had been one reason why the mage had been so repressed, he wished to know of the abilities of his companions before he saw the need to deomonstrate his true power, if the need ever arised.

Gararion offered no form of recognizable gratitude to the elf which waited by the door.  Instead the elf watched Tomas approach her, offering his own form of gratitude before rushing past her nd down the ahll.  He listened to the males footsteps as they padded down the hall.  He listened sielntly as the foot steps shuffled to a stop, then seemed to turn about s if he hd missed his stop, silence filled the hall.  Standing, the mage made his way to the door, passing by Emalaya without a word said, though he posture and demeaner left any who attempted to read them in confusion.  As he made his way through the door, he paued, looking down the hallway at what stood before him.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]