Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1C: A Meeting of Ways  (Read 24637 times)
Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 04:41:22 AM »

Well, my friends, seeing as you both are anxious to get moving, and you, dear elf have the imperative set on Holt, I would suggest we all head there, filling the lonely path of travel with friendly voices and laughter, seeing those things in the light of multiple perceptions, interchanging the view we have on this wonderful world!

Tythle nodded, and tossed Scion into the air. The bird took off toward the sky and toward Holt. The ranger reached and took the reins into hand. "Shall we then?" He motioned to the the small vision of Holt before them.  

Edited by: Tythle Fi thea  at: 10/8/05 21:35
Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2005, 11:53:22 PM »

"Shall we then?"

Ishmaelion nodded and looked aniticipative at his both companions.

Ishmaelion

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 04:46:22 AM »

„ Yes, let‘s go on! But....“ Hiero looked questioning to Ishmaelion, glad that he didn‘t have to think much about the last speech of his new companion, but wondering, what the other will do - he has no horse. Of course their pace would not be quick, for Grey is not young either, but a horse is most times quicker than somebody by foot. So he asked:

“ Ishmaelion, I‘m wondering, do you think your pace is quick enough and your strength lasts long enough to keep up with our horses?  I doubt that the boat you came with has four legs, what about your boat, do you want to abandon it? so that you could ride with it. You could use it to row up the Bitter Creek or even the Tarep Creek if you want to get to Holt, but the weather is just about to produce a nice storm, so that might not be advisable. I‘m sorry I can‘t you offer Grey, at least for a part of our way, but she doesn‘t allow other riders on her back.“

H.Kupfdrubus

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2005, 06:25:22 AM »

Two hooded and well wrapped up figures are riding along the road up to Holt. They are still quite some distance away from the bridge over the Bitter Creek. The one figure seems to be a normal person, just dressed with a lot of warm clothes to have protection against the chilly and wet weather. The other one however is quite small, and is riding a Sarvonian draught pony.

“Granny, how long does it take, till we are in Holt?“

„Half a day till we are in the refuge, Mimi and another half one or a bit more till we are in Holt.“

“Granny, why did we have to go to there? Please tell it again!“

„That is because aunt Elsie gets a little baby and she wants me to be to help her. You know that I‘m a herbwoman, and therefore she asked me to come. “

“Granny, don‘t they have a herbwoman in Holt?“

„They do have one, but she is old. And as I told you about thousand times before, aunt Elsie lost her last baby, so she wants to go sure, that nothing happens this time.“

“Granny, is it true, that the babies are born with a blue skin, that all people in Hort have blue skins?“

„No, Mimi, they get blue hands when they begin to work with the dye, but they are born as white or brown as you and me, they are not blue. When they get older, their skin gets a bit bluish as well. “

“Granny, when do they get blue hands?“

„Well, sometimes it shows already with nine years... “

Mimi is silent for a moment, obviously imagine her own hands with a blue tinge. But not for long.

“Granny, is it true, that is does stink there? “

„Mimi, it smells there, because the are working with the dye, and some things are not smelling nice, that is true. But I don‘t want you to mention it, promise!“

“Promise!“

A few seconds later.

“Granny, how long does it take, till we are at the refuge?“

„Still half a day, Mimi, we aren‘t gone far till you asked the last time.“

“Granny, what is the name of this mountain over there, towards the sea? “

„That is the Wayt Top, darling.“

“Granny, and what is the name of that mountain?

„That is the Prinali Peak, Mimi.“

“Granny, and what is the name of the mountain behind this one ?

„That is the Lorsidre Peak, Mimi, and the mountain behind this one is the Bald Mountain and the next is Erandors‘s thumb.“

“Granny, do you know, why it is called Erandor‘s thumb?

„No, Mimi, I don‘t know,  but maybe you ask uncle Tim, maybe he can tell you a story.“

“Oh, that would be great!“

It seems like the little person wants to jump while sitting on her horse, but the pony doesn‘t like this too much and makes some quick steps forward.

„Mimi, be careful! “

But nothing had happened to the little girl which was hiding in her clothes.

„Mimi, why don‘t you make up a little story, why this mountain over there is called Erandor‘s thumb?“

“Should I?“

„Why not?“

The grandmother had bought herself a few minutes of silence, a few.

“Granny, how long does it take, till we are in Holt?“

„Still half a day, maybe a bit less now, till we are at the refuge, and another half a day till Holt? But you can look out now, if you see strange - or ill plants. We are coming to the Bitter Creek soon, and as I have told you, it smells, and the plants are ill from the water. Just observe the plants!“

And finally Mimi is a occupied for a while.

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2005, 06:35:22 AM »

Tythle looked at the sad little row boat and then back at his two new companions. "There is no need, Ishmaelion if you would like you may ride Notre, she is a fine horse, I can run beside..." He left the invitation open. He could indeed run as fast as he needed to when it came to keeping up.

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2005, 01:45:22 AM »

Ishmaelion, I‘m wondering, do you think your pace is quick enough and your strength lasts long enough to keep up with our horses? I doubt that the boat you came with has four legs, what about your boat, do you want to abandon it? so that you could ride with it. You could use it to row up the Bitter Creek or even the Tarep Creek if you want to get to Holt, but the weather is just about to produce a nice storm, so that might not be advisable. I‘m sorry I can‘t you offer Grey, at least for a part of our way, but she doesn‘t allow other riders on her back.“

Ishmaelion looked back at his rowing boat and grinned.

I do not feel the urge to keep this vessel in my posession. The circumstances in which I gained it are not recomendable. As for if I have the strength to keep up the pace, I regretably have to admit that...
Ishmaelion halted as the elf spoke:
There is no need, Ishmaelion if you would like you may ride Notre, she is a fine horse, I can run beside..."

... I would be honoured for the oportunity to ride upon that noble and beautiful creature. I commend you on your valor and bravery, and one day I will strive to repay the debt this entails.
Ishmaelion walked towards the horse and asks himself how he could get on the horse...

Ehm, I am not a greatly skilled rider, so if I might ask for your help in mounting this fortuitius beast?

Ishmaelion

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 02:45:22 AM »

The ranger smiled, "Yes you may." The elf stepped forward and kneeled in such a way as to make is leg a step for the philosopher. "Grab the front of the saddle and swing you leg over the back of it." Tythle instructed pointing at the saddle and then at Ishmaelion's feet.

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 05:32:22 AM »

Hieronimus was patiently waiting, if Ishmaelion would succeed in mounting the horse with the help of the elf.  

H.Kupfdrubus

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 01:16:22 AM »

Grab the front of the saddle and swing you leg over the back of it."

Ishmaelion quickly drew out all his courage and grab the saddle and with the help of Tythles hands suceeded in mounting the horse, which had remained stoicly passive during this all, showing its remarkable recilience and training.

Okay, my fellows, we have all our imperatives met, the first, our course of direction: Holt, the second, the means of our transportation: Tythle has managed to fill in the missing field in our grand adventure. Let us now go, and see where we will make our landing!

Ishmaelion slowly nudged the horse so that it walked at a leisure pace in the direction of Holt.

Ishmaelion

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 06:10:22 AM »

As the travellers move off, the shore slopes gradually up from the pebbles of the beach becoming a plain of sparsley grassed, partially bare stony earth upon which the odd shrub grows, twisted from the constant wind.  

The plain terminates in hills in the distance - about 75 strals, or a day's ride away. There the hills rise quickly into the Mithral Mountains.  Those who know the area may recognise the Peaks Brinall and Lorsidre as the two which are currently most clearly visible.  The peaks stand out clearly against the softly blue morning sky, only their feet shrouded in mist.  To the north (the right of the three) a low ribbon of white-grey haze lies over the plain indicating the location of the Bitter Creek.

It would be an idyllic scene if it were not for biting wind from the sea and the dark thunderheads which mass behind them, threatening to catch them up and drown them in a fierce spring storm of the type which is common upon the coast of the Adanian Sea.

Nasty Lady

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 08:29:22 AM »

Hieronimus was cursing again his fate, which brought him up here in this lonely landscape (though he had two companions now) and that at this time of the year. He closed his cape another time, pulling his hood deep into his face. A biting wind was coming from the sea and grey clouds massed behind them. At least, they had the wind in the back and didn‘t have to fight against it. He looked at his fellow travellers, but couldn‘t make out, what they thought about this weather and how they felt. At least, he couldn‘t hear, what the philosopher might say, for the sounds of nature, the howling wind was much too loud.  He wondered, when they would reach the Bitter Creek, and if they would manage to get to Holt today - probably not.

H.Kupfdrubus

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 09:19:22 AM »

Running beside his horse and his new companion, Tythle found that the wind as harsh as it was refeshing in a way, other than the very annioing sand that kept blowing upward. The ranger pulled up his hood and arranged it so it covered his face up to his eyes.

Notre lowered her head and her eyes closed till they were only slits. Snorting dipleasure she peeked over at her master questioning when they would get to shelter. Tythle moved closer to her and spoke some elven words of comfort, urgeing her on to Holt.  

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2005, 09:46:22 PM »

Ishmaelion rode atop the great horse and let his mind fly out to other, more un-worldly matters. The great concept of time was almost within his grasp as the everpursueing awareness of harsh winds brought him back to the real world. He looked around him, the elf ran next to his horse and Hieronymus was riding atop his ugly-looking horse. Knowing that, as the wind devoured sound, he chose not to speak and he just trotted along towards Holt...

Ishmaelion

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2005, 05:09:22 PM »

Hieronimus removes his hood a little bit to be able to talk to his companions :

„Ishmaelion, Sir Elf, what does you lead to Holt? This is not a place which one visits out of free will, but something forces you towards it. You know, that this is the village with the most terrible smell you can imagine? We have to cross the Bitter Creek soon, then you will get a taste of what will come. You better go to Marduran, Ishmaelion, it is a nice little town.“  

H.Kupfdrubus

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 05:23:22 AM »

“Granny, we are now past the Bitter Creek and already  gone a very ,very, very long way since then, I‘m tired and my back is sore  - when do we reach Holt? “

„Mimi, I told you, we won‘t reach Holt today, we will stay overnight in a refuge, that is a hut with a roof and we will find shelter there from the nasty wind. Look, over there, down this little hill where the few bend trees are standing, there it is, and we will stay there, though it is not too late yet. But I don‘t dare to go on to Holt with you, not with such a weather ahead of us.“

Pellagra looked over in the direction of the sea. A nasty, cold and wet wind was blowing from the sea and grey clouds were towering over the land. It would rain heavily soon, and she was happy, that the refuge was so near. Hopefully there would be some wood stored and there was spring there as well which had water which was in order, though not the best you could get. A hint of the minerals poisoning the Bitter Creek was in it as well. The wouldn‘t need much, maybe there was even a the barrel which collected the rainwater.

Soon after their conversation they reached the shelter. It was nothing more than a wooden hut with a roof - as Pellagra had told Mimi, about six peds broad and 12 peds long. In the middle was a open fire place and there was some wood stored in a shed attached to the house. In the back, facing the mountains and therefore in the wind shade, the roof was extended for three peds, so that the horses could have a sheltered place as well. There the two , grandmother and grandchild left their horses and went into the big room, entering from the backside. The big room was empty, what was not surprising at this early time of the day. Pellagra quickly made some fire and looked and set her kettle over it to get a herbal infusion for Mimi and her.
Not far from the fire she put down their blankets, for they would stay over night. Hopefully nobody would be on the way in this landscape the gods had forgot to bless when they walked the earth.

Mimi, though she had been tired only some minutes ago, jumped around , from one corner to the next, but there was not much of interest in this place, so she finally sat down and waited impatiently for the infusion to be ready to drink. And maybe she would get one of the cookies Pellagra had bought from Ilbeth....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]