Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 1C: A Meeting of Ways  (Read 24640 times)
Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2005, 01:36:22 AM »

((I think its okay;)  ))
Tythle looked curiously at the two female humans curious to as how they had become friends of Hieronimus' "You three are all acquainted?" he asked directing his question at Pelaghia more than Hieronimus, his voice a little less rough as they were inside the warmer shelter. He noiced that the child looked a little worried. Tythle wondered if he should tell her it was all right but, didn't for it wasn't his shoulder that had been pierced by the blade.

Edited by: Tythle Fi thea  at: 11/30/05 17:42
Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2005, 10:20:22 PM »

“ Yes, so to say. I lived, as Pellaghia said already, near Nepris for some time as a hermit after.. ermm, well, that doesn‘t matter here. And now, that I‘m wandering again through the lands I nevertheless chose to spend the winters in Nepris, though now as a guest of one of the local farmers mostly. Pellaghia is the herb woman there, and with her lives the little brat in the corner over there. - Hey, Mimi, don‘t you want to come out? “ He looked into the corner to the pile of wood where Mimi was hiding, but didn‘t insist on dragging her to the fire. She would come soon enough. At least, he had still her knife, and she surely wanted to have it back. So he made himself comfortable as good as possible and took one cup of Pellaghias herbal infusion, which would surely do him good.

H.Kupfdrubus

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2005, 05:06:22 AM »

“ Tythle, have a drinkl, and you Sir still standing, sit down and have a cup as well. I assure you, it is not my tea which silenced this dwarf!“ Pellaghia invited the newcomers.

“Mimi, come to the fire,you know Hiero can‘t harm a fly, he won‘t have you for dinner!“

But Mimi choose to remain in her corner for now.

OOC: what shall we do now with Korin? Ishmaelion is not very present either..

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2005, 07:15:22 AM »

Tythle took the drink from the old lady with a smile of thanks, and took a sip. The drink was warm and the herbs were blended well. It made the ranger think of home and happier times than the present. The smile grew slightly until he heard a screech from outside the door. "Oh, Excuse me I have forgotten one of my companions." The elf stood and walked towards the front door and opened it and took a few steps out into the grass. Scion cried out once more before flapping his large wings into a landing as his master lifted an outstretched arm. "I am most sorry my friend." the hawk twittered at him a moment before Tythle turned back into the shelter and took his place once more.

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2005, 01:14:22 AM »

Mimis eyes got round with surprise, as the elf opened the door, went out and returned with a bird. A hawk! And it followed his advice! Mimi forgot all her fears, forgot even about her knife missing, forgot that this person was actually an elf whom she had admired when seeing him first, but was afraid to approach him because of the unsettled matter with her knife. But now she half jumped, half crawled the few peds towards Tythle with his bird.

“ Wow! You have a bird! And it follows your word! Hiero, have you ever seen such a beautiful bird?“

Suddenly she realised, that the matter with the her knife in Hieros shoulder was not yet settled and she stared at Hiero, biting on her lower lip.

“Ermm, Hiero, I‘m sorry, I didn‘t want to hurt anybody, I was just about to show Korin, the dwarf, that I‘m really good at throwing knives and then you opened the door.... “

She looked at him with wide eyes as innocently looking as possible, head slightly tilted and with an for forgiveness asking gaze, that a stone would have shed tears.  

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2005, 01:19:22 AM »

Hiero who knew the little brat since she lived with her grandmother, couldn‘t resist and though he tried to look harshly his features got friendly when he viewed her face.

With a sigh he gave in and answered her.
„Don‘t worry, Mimi, I won‘t have you for dinner, as your grandmother well know. I know you didn‘t  want to harm me. But next time choose a better target - not a door which is meant to be opened!“

H.Kupfdrubus

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2005, 06:23:22 AM »

Mimi sighed with relief , but  her attention shifted quickly back to Tythle and  his bird. She couldn't decide though, what was more interesting - his elven face with the pointed ears or the bird on his shoulder.

"Is this your friend, is he always with you? And how did you get him?" she asked Tythle - still a bit shy and full of admiration.

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2005, 07:54:22 AM »

Tythle smiled at the look of admiration on Mimi's face. "Yes this is my friend, and he usally is with me were I go unless I send him off to look for food....I bought him at a bird vendor in a city far away from here." The elf tucked a few loose strands of hair behind his ear as he talked his voice ragged from the growing conversation.

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2005, 07:37:22 PM »

Ishmael still stood at the front door, looking at the conversation between his two companions and the people who already were inside. Ah, Hiero knows these people! what are the odds of finding someone you know in this barren place? wonder what they are doing here, a girl such as her does not have much place in a situation like this, but hey, the has yet to come for me to judge by surface. Ishmaelion walked forward and rejoined his companions, remaining silent because he didn't want to disrupt the conversations already held. He took the time to replace his cane in his robe and smoothen it.  

Ishmaelion

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2005, 09:22:22 PM »

Pellaghia watched the conversation between her granddaughter and the elf and was pleased. She liked how uncomplicated Mimi was, which allowed her to make contact with so many different folks. But, nevertheless, it was already late and time to have some rest. Better get up early and arrive in time in Holt. So she greeted the other man, who had finally placed himself at the fire as well and offered him a cup of the infusion.

“ Have a cup of herbal tea as well, Sire. Did you mention your name already, I‘m Pellaghia, this is Mimi.

Then she turned to Mimi .

“ Mimi, I‘m sorry I have to cut short your nice conversation, but we need to get some sleep now. I assume, we all will go to Holt next morning, otherwise we would not be in this shelter right now. Then you can talk to whom you want again. ..  Hiero, shall I help you with your bedding? your shoulder is hurt, come on, tell me which one is your bundle? Oh , I recognise it!“

Pellaghia, used to that people followed her advise, got up, didn‘t listen at Mimi‘s protests and made the beds for all three, Mimi, Hiero and herself.
After having relieved herself a last time outside the shelter, Mimi was quickly in her bedrolls, but before lying entirely down, she sat up and asked Hiero.

“ Hiero, do I get my knife back tomorrow?“.

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2005, 09:27:22 PM »

Hiero was used to follow Pellaghia#s advice - at least he knew, that is was really better to do what she proposed, so he gladly accepted her offer to make his bed and after he had looked a last time after his horse he went to bed as well. And then he heard this little timid voice:

"Hiero, do I get my knife back tomorrow?"

He smiled to himself and answered:

"What about in exchange for a nice breakfast, Mimi?"

H.Kupfdrubus

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2005, 02:02:22 AM »

As Ishmaelion seated himself, the old woman who had acompanied the little girl turned to him and presented a cup of tea;

“ Have a cup of herbal tea as well, Sire. Did you mention your name already, I‘m Pellaghia, this is Mimi.

Ishmaelion gratefully took the cup and took a sip of the warm herbal tea, after the journey through Holts gruesome suroundings, this tea tasted better than a HIOKHALO'GHA dish!

"Thank you, Pellaghia, my name is Ishmaelion, I am traveling with you aquantaince, Hieronymus."

Before Ishmaelion could elaborate on the grand scheme that had placed all of them together in this dismall place, Pellaghia had turned around and had adressed Mimi, stating it was time to go to bed, hearing Hieronymus assent, Ishmaelion turned towards Tythle

Tythle, shall we turn in as well? Miss Pellaghia here is right, Holt won't be just a walk in the park.

Ishmaelion

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2005, 09:12:22 AM »

Shén plodded forward; as usual Vince was in no hurry.  Vah roamed in front of Vince and Shén, grazing on what bits of edible plants he could find, but careful not to get too far away from Vince.  The wind blew his tangled hair about him, as the storm grew nearer. It had been a few weeks since his trip to The Torán's Falls, quite a beautiful site, and now Vince was going to travel north, but he had to go through the city of Holt, or around it if he could avoid it, but he knew that he had to get supplies, and since Holt wasn’t too big, and Shén was intimating, he should be fine.  A gust of wind hit him again as he pulled his cloak around him tighter.  It’s about time to find a nice, warm place to wait out this storm, Vince thought as the rolling masses of dark grey loomed in front of him.  

He let out a sharp whistle, and Vah came hurrying to the side of Shén.  Vince hopped off of the massive elk and picked up the sheep. “It’s time we hurry little one.”  Vince said with a smile, as he and Vah got on to Shén, then he whispered into Shén’s ear, “Now, lets beat the storm this time.”  With that and a nudge with his boots, Shén took off with surprising speed; Vince had to hold on to Vah tighter than usual.  

After a little while, Vince noticed a foul stench to the air, and Shén reached the edge of an odd looking river. “This must be that Bitter Creek I’ve heard about, there should be a bridge around here somewhere…” Vince said.  It was beginning to get dark out, though not because of a setting sun.  A few moments later it began to rain.   Vince stopped, hopped off Shén again, shrugged and sighed, “Well you can’t win them all I suppose.” Shén snorted at Vince as he pulled out another cloak that he wrapped around Vah.  After making sure his little friend wouldn’t get sick, they continued to look for the bridge. “This is what I get for going off the beaten path I suppose” he mumbled to himself, as he led Shén along the edge of the river.  After about an hour and a half of searching, he finally found the bridge. “Ava be blessed, now to find a place out of the rain.”

After a few minutes, along the path this time, he saw a little shelter with smoke coming out and several mounts tied up out front. “Well, this looks promising, just hope there’s no trouble.”Vince said to himself.  When he finally got there, he hopped off Shén, and lifted Vah off of him as well, pulled his cloak off, and put it back into his pack. Vah then wandered about, while Vince tended to Shén, who was standing in front of a window.  Vince wasn’t going to tie him up just yet, he wanted to see if he would have to fight or run…or if everything would be just fine. We are close to holt, but not everyone could be as bad as the rumors say, he thought.

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Edited by: Vince Dark at: 12/20/05 19:15
Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2005, 12:43:22 PM »

Tythle, shall we turn in as well? Miss Pellaghia here is right, Holt won't be just a walk in the park.

The ranger was slightly confused at the mention of a "park" whatever that was but smiled and nodded his agreement. Tythle stood and walked to the door with Scion now perched on his arm. The bird would not do well inside for the night, so Tythle opened the door to let Scion out when he saw that they had another visitor waiting outside. "Greetings" Tythle held up his hand in welcome. "Please come inside and warm yourself."

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2005, 03:34:22 AM »

OOC: It wont let me edit my post, it's supposed to be "at least these people are friendly" not "at leastl these people are friend"[/i]

It was windy.  Vince was struggling with the straps on Shén when Vah wiggled his way between his legs.  When Vince had just finished getting Shén ready and setting his spear in an easy place to reach incase something bad was about to happen when the door opened.  Inside the doorway was, what he assumed to be, an elf, a rather tall elf to be precise.
"Greetings.”  Said the elf, it was hard to make out the rasping elf over the roaring wind, but he knew a friendly greeting when he saw one.  
"Please come inside and warm yourself."

“Ahh I will in just a moment, the wind is making things rather difficult.” Vince said in a low shout.  Luckily though, Vah ran inside just after the elf opened the door.  “Vah!”  Vince sighed through gritted teeth.  At least these people are frien[/i]he thought as he worked on getting the now soaking wet leather straps off of his now soaking wet elk.  After a small struggle, he managed to get his bags off of Shén.  He tossed them against the side of the shelter.  He looked at Shén and whispered to him, “Now, stay close please, don’t want you running off on us.”  With a pat on the neck, Shén was off.  Vince, now drenched to the bone, looked over to his fellow elf.

“Terribly sorry about that, all my manners seem to have been blown away by the wind.”  He said with a smile.  He then bowed in the rain and said in a cheery voice,  “My name is Vincent, but everyone calls me Vince.”

Unknown to anyone else, Shén had simply walked around for a little while before he walked to the back end of the shelter and lay down in one of the animal stalls.

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Edited by: Vince Dark at: 12/23/05 4:08
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]