Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2A: Stepping out into the Dawn  (Read 16964 times)
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 03:44:23 PM »

Kain softly shakes his head, first left, then right. His eyes close, as if he is observing children over which he is infidently wise. With an angry flash, the reopen, and glance across the room. He sees why the group had stopped here. They were done for the day, they had already decided to call it a night, and would consume themselves in their greed this night. Though taxed by the daylight ride, he finds the energy to berate the men and women who he would be traveling with for some time. "This day is still far from over. After so much of your drink, you will be incapable of continuing the journey to the library today. You will find yourselves too incapacitated to leave this afternoon, and stay to consume more drink. Tomorrow you will also be either too weary and damned with the sins of your actions to be viable members of a traveling party. Children play this game, not grown adults. I would have expected better, even from dungeon rats such as you have proven yourselvse to be.  As soon as you leave the supervision of what you percieve as a higher power you indulge the base desires of your kind. Like adolecent humans dodging past their parents! We have work to begin, which cannot be so started until we enter the library. Do not stall the group with you weakness." His voice carries a quiet contempt, and the authority of time. As he speaks his eyes stare into Rheine's slumped form, distaining her for her lack of will. Though he still knows her only as the beauty, and regards her as something beyond precious, he also finds her tainted and defiled. The rest of their companions seemed to be thinking along the same lines, wishing to end the day early and indulge in the boons that Solen had granted them. As they are in more attentive stances, he gives them a proper brow beating, as if demanding that they change their ways here and now. Even the Ghost recieves a glare, just in case he had thought about indulging in a night of drink. "Our leave should be taken as soon as we recieve our food. We may eat on the way to the next town."

With his words spoken, the elf looks back upon the beauty. She was the reason it mattered. They plead her to carry a responcibility she obviously has scorned, knowing full well that she could not even understand a higher road. She seems almost lifeless, too weak to carry what simple burdens she had bestowed upon herself. He quietly pushes himself out of his chair, and walks toward the beauty, his long strides quickly take him to the barstool at her left. He places one spidery hand upon the back of the stool, and gives her drink a careful glance. As he watches the light in the glass flash and twinkle, he contemplates. Such a divine grace must be protected, must be saved. She was the only thing that brought light to this desolate world, and she could not live within it's shadow. Even hero's are driven by darkness, only beauty gifted by the dream's will was pure, and must be purified of it's own sins by those sinners who rejoice in the it's existance. So in his rejoicing, he pulls the oaken stool back, sits, and looks deep into the thickly tangled mass of red hair beside him. "Waste not the beauty of the flesh for the sins of it's lust. For it is above the dregs of our wants, and can only be truely realized by the divine who have wrought it in their light." His words are soft and calm, yet warn her all the same. As he speaks the sun beats down his back and side; Kain feels a tiredness find its place back in his bones. He feels old and wretched.

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect

Edited by: Kain Cristar  at: 2/21/06 8:27

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2006, 04:39:23 AM »

The manner and the tone Kain spoke; irritated Darién, and the statement he made even more. Not only is he suggesting to be leaving as soon as possible but also manages to call them children, adolescent humans and weaklings. His tone of voice felt commanding, as if the mage had already earned the title of being the boss…

Darién followed the elf’s movement with a close eye as he strode towards Rheine’s location.
From that moment Darién turned his face to look into another direction trying to act like it didn't bothered him, resting wearied with one elbow on the counter. With his other hand he brought the mug to his mouth and drank the delicious liquid so fast that the fluid ran past his cheeks and chin. When he brought the mug back down it seemed half empty. He brought his arm to his mouth and wiped his wet jaw dry.
Even though Darién was turned away from Kain and Rheine; he was still listening closely with his keen elven senses. His good hearing was something he had his mother to thank for, a woman he had never really known off. His half elven nature also blessed him with an unnatural long age, his profession however did not. Darién was the product from an intensive evil environment; brought up in criminal circuits that involved themselves in ambushes throughout all of Helcrah, mainly near Milkingrad. Darién’s memory’s where vague and he could not really remember everything which had happened. He also did not want to remember what happened.
His keen hearing focussed on Kain, and again Darién could do nothing more then annoy himself.

"Waste not the beauty of the flesh for the sins of it's lust. For it is above the dregs of our wants, and can only be truely realized by the divine who have wrought it in their light."

This man was really full of it, was he trying to hit on her or converting her into being his minion? Not that Darién was really such a ladiesman; he too had no idea of the woman’s needs, and he couldn’t care less. He knew his needs and if there where ladies who where interested in fulfilling those needs then be it so…  

Not only the memory of a lightning flash whirling him across the room knocking the breath out of him kept him from commenting on the mage but also that he could not interfere because of his lack of knowledge concerning the female psyche. The annoyance Darién felt was that Rheine allowed Kain to join her at her table and that Kain tried to steal that which belonged to HIM.
In a certain way Darién could only make impressions with his good looks and dominant behaviour. He had no charm at all…

During the journey Rheine and Darién also barely talked, just because Darién could not find a suiting subject that interested them both. Darién’s character was unique; and it would probably be impossible ‘for as some lovers call it’; to ever find a soul mate for him (*Kiseria- the kiss of Coór?*).

Kain’s words echoed trough his mind; ‘Waste not the beauty of the flesh for the sins of its lust.’ What could the; oh so wise and dark preacher mean by that? Why did he called lust; sins of the flesh? It did not make any sense;… He knew enough ladies who had made it their profession. Those; that commonly worked in that area of expertise; where far from sinful in his eyes…
They where more righteous then any other casual city-lady which would only act with difficulty upon any straight-head-on approach (with Darién).  Actually it where ladies of that particular expertise who made his live so much easier…

Death:
A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.  
    --Seneca

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 2/21/06 20:49
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2006, 06:39:23 AM »

Nasty grits her teeth at the mage's words, unwilling to acquiesce but not brave enough to say anything.  "He'll have to haul me out by my ear if he expects me to eat my stew on horseback," she mutters under her breath to Xaod.  "What does he expect us to do, steal the plates?"  

She watches with narrowed eyes as the mage approaches Rheine where she sits at the bar, hand on her hip under her red cloak where her one visible weapon - a dagger in a plain leather sheath - hangs.  The other hand brings her ale to her red lips and she sips, absently as she watches the pair for trouble.

Nasty Lady

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 07:47:23 AM »

This day is still far from over. After so much of your drink, you will be incapable of continuing the journey to the library today. You will find yourselves too incapacitated to leave this afternoon, and stay to consume more drink. Tomorrow you will also be either too weary and damned with the sins of your actions to be viable members of a traveling party. Children play this game, not grown adults. I would have expected better, even from dungeon rats such as you have proven yourselvse to be. As soon as you leave the supervision of what you percieve as a higher power you indulge the base desires of your kind. Like adolecent humans dodging past their parents! We have work to begin, which cannot be so started until we enter the library. Do not stall the group with you weakness.Our leave should be taken as soon as we recieve our food. We may eat on the way to the next town

The arrogant elf gives The Ghost a pointed glance, and it caused the The Ghost to do something he had not done in centuries. Something which anyone with Knowledge of this man would have have thought impossible.

The Ghost laughed.

He laughed long and hard. It was an odd sound, coming from the lungs of one who is unused to such an action. It was odd....and slightly unnerving. It made its listeners want the noise to end, which it finally did, as The Ghost gave The mage elf a sneering, condescending look.

Pitiful little mageling. You act as if you are a god among insects, yet you are just as pitiful as anyone I have seen in my travels. Dungeon rats? It is you who has nothing better to do than play your pitiful pride games with the drunkard over there The Ghost gives an offhand wave towards Darien Children? I believe it is you is swooning over the whore there another casual wave, this time towards Rheine like a loin driven teenager.  Sit down fool, and speak your idiocy no more.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 08:03:23 AM »

Suddenly the albino elf laughed; and sneered at Kain; something which Darién found rather amusing, however another insult was instantly directed at him; which he already expected with a creature such as the ghost.
Not that Darién really felt insulted, but just the attempt of trying to insult him was exactly what bothered him.

In a quick motion he pulled his sharp knife from his belt and hurled it trough the room with an amazing speed. In the half second he acted he had decided not to kill this man but just give a single warning. The knife flew past the killer’s head and pounced off against the wall some inches further. He didn’t expect this evil creature to even blink his eyes, but it would be enough for now to show that he was dangerous enough to be reckoned with.
He jumped from his barstool which fell with a loud knock on the floor. “Consider that a warning, ugly pig.” His voice venomous and without much emotion as if his killer instincts started to take a hold if him like so many other times. “I am about fed up with all of you!” He looked trough the inn, piercing every troublemaker deep into the eyes, and the next moment he made a grab for the bartender. With a violent knock he smashed the poor man with his head upon the bar and pulled him with a mighty swing towards his side of the counter. He then delivered a heavy breathtaking kick straight in the bartender’s stomach and kept the man pierced to the ground by setting his foot with full force on the man’s neck. “Why pick on each other? There are enough poor helpless bastards to aid you in unleashing your frustrations. What else is more fun, then watching somebody in his final moments of live?”
Darién doubled the pressure on his foot taking away the breath of this helpless man; and watched some moments as he enjoyed the man’s struggle.  
“Maybe Kain is right, maybe we should indeed focus more on the mission at hand instead of lingering around each others presence for too long and only annoy ourselves by the others imperfections.” Darién spoke smoothly on a venomous tone reasonable annoyed; and ofcourse without any fear at all. The closest to fear was his caution, and caution was what kept him out of trouble… yet caution was also not his strength; it was rather something he lacked off. His posture stood there; challenging the ghost to a confrontation, something he would like but was definitely not his intend.

From one moment upon another the same tension as yesterday had returned, death lured from every corner, however the difference now was that every single party member was armed to the teeth.
His looks also pierced at Kain; this time without worrying about lightning flashes, dark thunderclouds or other evil dark spells… Darién was calm however, and he looked at both Ghost and Kain as if he expected them to apologise to each other for their verbal attacks.

OOC: before posting- Nasty should check this first for I didn’t ask permission to do that which I just did to the npc. However I kinda thought that the npc’s wouldn’t stand a chance anyways, so I just took the liberty of doing it anyways.

Death:
    --Seneca

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 2/28/06 0:19
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 02:44:23 PM »

Kain is too tired to be angry, and feels no sting from the words of a psychopath. His laugh made him all the more infantile in Kain's mind. Goading a hurricane was useless, it's power is above mortal comprehension, and could not be insulted, spat upon, or even recognized for it's true self. The elf who tries to bring forth his wrath already has his fair share of the mage's contempt, words so flagrantly listless had no parlor when compared to the grotesque actions which had been sustained by the Ghost. While he found no bite in those words aimed at his own fortitude, as each of his own comments were well founded in thought and action, those upon the Beauty would not be tolerated. Whatever she may be, the beauty is the very aspect of the Divine which could quell all doubts as to the existance of that which may yet be perfection.

With a slow subtle grace he glances over his shoulder, so that he can scan the room with his stormy eyes. He spots the speaker, and with an expression likened to the calm of the skys before the strike of the first lightning, speaks his modest reply in a voice which whispers a shout. What is a whore compared to the villianry of which you have so willingfully commited, my friend Ghost? He who bathes in the criers tears, the ominious sinner's touch, with the scorn of a thousand bleeding hearts. Who has the bleak audacity to lash those so innocent to your own vile continance? My gravest of assertions to you, oh fiend, oh pilliger of divinity, is that you shall either silence your own sniviling tounge on her behalf, or utter thine very own epitaph.

Even as he begins to turn back around, something thuds onto the wall behind the very albino elf he had just accosted. Kain almost notices the sound, though is too intent on the woman who has begun to flee, and now rests her drunken form on the bar table, to really register that something indeed had happened that might have significance to his continueing survival. Suddenly there is annother, louder, crash behind him. As he steps forward, offering his pallid hand to the beauties assistance, a great and thunderous voice forces itself into his mentality. “Consider that a warning, ugly pig.” Kain assumes that Darien is talking to either him or Ghost. As quickly as he makes this assumption, he decides that he could care less as to what warning Darien could put forth, though he does pause and glance once again over his shoulder for a moment, so that he may observe just what had crashed. “I am about fed up with all of you!”  His eyes glance over the now broken and still barstool at the Predator's feet, and then shift onto the Predator himself. What manner of baffoonery shall the dauntless Gulath share with this group of infants now? The autumn wind which chills the bone and brings down the decaying leaves. His silent question is answered with a faint squeal from the bartender. Kain's lips writh with distaste as he watches the humans face bounce back from the harsh blow. By the time the man is doubled over and wheezing blood from what appears to be a cracked rib, his fists are clenched. A sneer forms upon his lips as he glances at the light filtering into the room. Kack

With an ardent passion, he wills for the sun to fall onto its resting place and leave him be. Alas, such things cannot be controlled by mortals, and Kain was without the energy that was required to stop the evil around him. “Maybe Kain is right, maybe we should indeed focus more on the mission at hand instead of lingering around each others presence for too long and only annoy ourselves by the others imperfections.” At this, Kain finds a point of interjection. He speaks in a faltering voice, a dying thunderstorm, with his back to the beating, and his hand still outstreched toward the beauty. Killing hapless humans brings no peace to our warring hearts. While I find little other than contempt and darkness upon the though of your unhallowed name, Darien, we shall come upon a peace. We will meet the alliance afore mentioned, upon these terms. There shall be no quarrel on the subject... At this point, Kain pauses. The pause comes first for he had yet to learn the name of the woman who he so sorely adored, and second because he could hardly believe he was comming to a truce with one of the beings which found the darkest of his passions. To end the evil, to weaken the shadow, perhaps there must be change. His sigh is softer than the morning breeze, and even Rheine, who stumbles not a ped before him, would have a difficult time of dicerning the surrender of Kain's will above the gurgling struggles of the piggish barkeep. ... Of her. He forces himself to finish, with a brief wave drunken mass of tangled red and swirling booze before him. Henceforth, there shall be no violence or other dispised evils upon those undeserving it's wrath. In return for these simplest of grounds, you shall find that any threat... Here annother pause, as the mage forces himself to continue, and turns grudgingly, to thine bodily health, shall be treated as an assualt upon the flesh upon these wretched bones. Let us make no war upon each other, so that together we may face the struggles ahead. Somewhere deep inside Kain, his pride shrivels and dies. His eyes narrow, then close. Into the inutterable silence of peace, he reoffers his hand, now facing the man who summoned such a bellicose rage from the depths of Kain's soul, and offering truce.

Edited by: Kain Cristar  at: 3/9/06 8:08

Rheine
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 05:32:23 PM »

Rheine couldn't help but roll her eyes when the elf mage spoke, bemoaning the group for its laziness and wanting to not continue the quest. Who the hell did he think he was? As if the sword actually existed. There was no reason the group should press on at such a pace, in Rheine's mind. They would end up discovering nothing. If the duke would supply them with the resources to carry on fruitfully until the quest was over, then there was no reason why not to extend them for as long as possible. Since the rewards at the end were likely not to come since they would end up bringing back no dumb sword.

She sighed, taking a long drink from the mug at her place now. She narrowed her eyes a little and peered down at it as she pulled away, its heavily peperminted flavour mutating the senses in her mouth. If this drink was strong, it certainly didn't taste like it. Bringing it up to her lips again, she continued taking short sips from it, not sure whether she enjoyed or despised the taste.

Then the elf mage sat in the stool next to her. She peered at him out of the corner of a wearied eye, but then turned away as he began his woefully arcane speech. "Leave me the kack alone, elf-thing..." she muttered, mostly to herself, as she wasn't entirely confident in forthcomingly rejecting an elven mage who had already been seen to have quite a temper problem.

"Waste not the beauty of the flesh for the sins of it's lust. For it is above the dregs of our wants, and can only be truely realized by the divine who have wrought it in their light." Kain said. Rheine stole another glance at him as he did so, though the action caused her to become confused for a second, her head suddenly feeling light-headed. The drink was working fast already.

She peered at Kain out of the corner of her eyes, then pulled back from her mug and said only, "What the kack are you talking about...." She honestly could not comprehend what his arcane language actually meant. Especially now as she felt herself becoming more and more confused and tipsy from the drink. She closed her eyes, turning around and wiping them with a finger, then shook her head and groaned, folding one arm down on the counter and resting her head upon it again.

And then was startled again by the most horrendous laugh she had ever heard. She strugglingly pulled her head upt to peer over in the direction of the Ghost as he laughed, and began speaking against Kain. And ended with his statement by calling her a whore.

She opened her mouth to yell something in response, but closed it just as quickly and merely shook her head, taking another sip out of her drink. It wasn't worth it. She was too tired to debate him, and if that's what they thought of her then fine. Most people knew it already, and so what, that was her job, that's how she made money, and she had to do it. None of them understood. None of them could understand, and she wouldn't waste her time trying to correct their feffing bigot, pig remarks.

She heard a comotion as Darien stood up quickly, throwing something at the Ghost. Rheine rolled her eyes and stood up, picking up her mug, and made for the back door. She stumbled a bit, and was forced to quickly place a hand on the counter to maintain her balance, but strugglingly continued towards the door, seeing something of a blur. There was a louder clatter, and more shouting, but Rheine found the entire situation to just linger in the back of her mind, and found herself unable to really register whatever was happening.

-----
"She wants to go home, but nobody's home
It's where she lies, broken inside,
With no place to go, no place to go
To dry her eyes, broken inside."
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 05:34:23 AM »

Barmaid - Hana

Hana had been uncomfortable as soon as these people had come in.  They are a motley bunch, and none of them look as if they have done a good deed in their lives.  She shivers as she servs the man and woman sitting together their ale - the look the woman gives her is full of malevolence, and the girl has no was of knowing that it is not directed at her.

As the Predator pulls the barman over the counter, Hana screams and drops her tray, the remaining tankards bouncing on the floor, their contents spraying unheeded over her skirts.

Nystacea

The cold, grating noise of the Ghost's laugh scrapes Nasty's nerves raw - nerves that are already in heightened readiness due to Kain's proximity to Rheine.  Her red lips twist in wariness and distaste.  So it is that when Darien attacks the barman, she is already poised to move.  Her body jumps before she is aware of what she is doing, and her right hand claps over the barmaid's mouth, stopping the scream before it reaches its full volume.  Her left hand is clamped on the young woman's arm, the dagger she had been resting her hand on pressed between the Caltharian's palm and the girl's arm.  Nasty is relieved that she doesn't struggle - whether it is fear or native intellect matters not at the moment.

Nystacea catches a glimpse of red weaving toward the back door, but ignores it, aware that Rheine could probably take care of herself. "Shut up or you'll be next," she hisses into the barmaid's ear, meaning that she might be attacked by one of the men, although this is not how it comes out.  The girl stays quiet and Nasty holds her there, listening to the men's quarrel, aware that the outcome would have a great effect upon her life, not to mention the lives of many other barmen.

Xaod

Xaod nods at Nasty's comment and takes his ale without comment when it arrives.  Finding his drink more interesting than the mage's words, Xaod nevertheless hiccups a little at the image of Kain hauling the red-lipped woman out of the tavern by her ear.  He watches as the Ghost, Darien and Kain war with words and awaits the outcome silently.  As the girl screams he goes to move, but Nasty is faster.  Settling back into his chair, he awaits the outcome of this seeming truce-making.

Nasty Lady

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2006, 04:56:23 AM »

The hollow words of the elf and the ill aimed throw of the large human bring a slight smile to the already amused lips of The Ghost. Leaning back more fully, The Ghost understands these two a bit more clearly, knowing that the elf will get pissy when one talks of the woman who will never sleep with him, and that Darien is a prideful dolt who will take anything as an insult. This makes his life a bit more interesting.

The Ghost's smile disappears as the idiot starts to beat up the barman. While The Ghost was not above such things, he never did so to prove a point, only for the sheer enjoyment of it. The Ghost decided against acting on the two at this momen, that he might have a little fun when the fools slept.

The Ghost's little smile returned as he casually started to drink his drink, knowing that it might be, in this case, more fun to watch the group tear itself apart.

- The Ghost

I am
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 07:34:23 AM »

Darién released his foot from the barman’s throat and stepped aside taking back his passive posture at the bar, he quietly grabbed his beer again and took a zip studying the dark mage’s behaviour.
He couldn’t really understand why Kain seemed to care for these pitiful helpless humans, and even more for Rheine. The Ghost seemed to have touched a weak spot when he called the lady a whore. What if she was? Would it make a difference? And why would Kain care?
”Fine, Then we are on the same level.” Darién spoke, not paying any attention towards the barman on the floor. “I can live with your conditions, however you’d also have to agree with mine,..” He continued while he looked at Nasty who silenced the screaming barmaid. “I will tolerate no commands or insults; you can state your opinion and hope that the others agree with it.” Darién’s response was meant for everybody at the group but nevertheless directed him particularly at Kain; he had shown most personality so far and would probably also be the biggest threat if the party would separate during any conflict that could arise.
“And my opinion is that we travel only during the night. And sleep over day to prevent drawing any unwanted attention to us.” He looked around the room making sure he had everybody’s attention. “So we either stay here till nightfall to rest, or we continue journeying once we arrive at Chondra, and don’t rest until next dawn.”
Darién grabbed his food plate and started to eat while still facing the group. After his first bite; while still chewing with his mouth full; he directed him at everybody in particular “So what’s it going to be?”  

Death:
    --Seneca

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 01:07:23 PM »

Barman

Released, the barman wheezes and splutters on the floor, getting back his breath. Why did this man attack me? he thinks, outraged.  Watching as his barmaid is held captive, an anger rises in him.  As he hears his attacker talk about staying there until dawn - as if he would simply forgive them! - his blood boils.  Rushing at the weakest-looking member of the party, the one who holds his serving-girl captive, he pushes the girl aside and rushes to clamp his hands around the blonde woman's throat, pouring out his vengeance for the treatment he has recieved.

Nasty

Listening to Darien, Nasty is absorbed in evaluating his words.  She is about to speak when the barmaid is ripped from her grasp and fingers close around her throat.  She reacts automatically.  The blade in her hand which had been pressed against the girl's arm drops forward as the barman rushes toward her, sinking into his throat to the hilt.  A surprised gurgle comes from the man and he claws at the handle which protrudes from his neck.  Nasty smirks slightly at his expression as he dies, ignoring the screams from the barmaid who had landed on the floor where she had been shoved by the barman.  Walking over to the man she kicks him hard in the ribs, inwardly cursing him for the pride which forced him to attack her.  Fool.  

Nasty Lady

Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2006, 02:38:23 PM »

Listening to Darien's proposal, Xaod does not forsee the coming attack by the barman. Before he could react, Nasty had handily taken care of the problem.

Smiling, the assassain looked at Nasty in amusement. "It appears you have some surprises up your sleeves." Turning to Darien, he remarks. "Well, we might as well stay here. It seems we've got the place to ourselves tonight." Glancing at the dead barman and then again at the serving-girl, he awaits the judgement of the others.

---------------
I am the Shadow that clings to you like death
I am the Silence behind your back
I am the Stalker following your every move
I am the Slayer that ends your life without hesitation

Xaod Shadow

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2006, 06:08:23 AM »

The GHost almost smirks as the blonde wench's blade sinks into the Bartender's Throat. The serving girl starts to scream, as the cloaked man (The Ghost wonders whether the fool's head still hurt from the beating he ahd took last night) says something about staying the night, due to the fact that they had the place to themselves, as if other people bothered the Ghost at all.

THe barmaid was still screaming when the cloaked man stopped speaking, which annoyed The Ghost. Reaching into a hidden fold in his battered and torn robes, The Ghost pulls out a dagger which he had taken  off the corpse of some unfortunate fellow which was unwise enough to attempt to steal from The Ghost. Without blinking or changing his expression of apathy towards the situation at all, The Ghost hurls the knife, end over end, towards the girl, aiming for her right eye.

- The Ghost

I am
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »

Kain is begining to feel a sence of calm, almost something akin to order. He is willing to differ to the agreement which Darien had proposed, and is about to say so. He would also note that it would be wise to leave, considering the town would soon make them leave in a forceful manner, which would displease Kain greatly. They had kicked the kak out of that man. He is about to say this, and return to the beauty. Perhaps even aquire the knowledge of her name, which must be as glorious as the sleeping form of Ava herself. He is about to smile and relax, when that whore of a human shoves her filthy knife into the bartenders neck. Suddenly, everything that was once calm is now purpose.

Before the first droplet of blood dribbles out of the dying man's neck, Kain begins to summon wind to a point in front of the index and middle fingers of his right hand, which point at the blond's head. He is shouting rapidly in his native Nybelmarian Styrash about wind and fury. He can feel every drop of life in his bones cry in utter desolation as he attempts to summon enough energy to break the whore's neck. Something starts to sizzle as his fingers start to bleed. Moh'epher drinks greedily of the elf's lifeforce. Smoke and steam are rising from his back by the time Xaod begins to speak.

Every thought is driven away, he feels nothing but the will to summon this wind, no hate nor reason, nothing but the spell. He would kill her for her insolence.

Even so the gust that he calls into being is pathetically weak, not even enough to knock the blonde to her knees. What it is enough to do, however, is change the path of a flying object not under its own power. He releases the wind just as his scalp begins to crack, and just after his left knee gives.

His eyes catch the glint of a thrown dagger as the smell of his own burning skin catches hold somewhere in his mind. He falling as he realizes that his aim had been ruined because his left knee went out first. He wouldn't even brush the whore's cheek. No, instead the wind was going to connect with that glint of steel. Strange, why was a dagger in the air anyways? And what is that noise? The whole town would be in here in a moment, wondering what was making all that noise. His racing thoughts are going fuzzy as his body begis to shut down. I hope they don't see all the blood he whispers, just before his head hits the seat of a chair, and everything goes black.

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 07:53:23 AM »

The Ghost is slightly perturbed at seeing the mageling elf knock his dagger asunder, keeping the annoying shrieking woman alive. This did not last long however, for The Ghost's lips soon spread into a malicious grin as Kain falls to the ground, unconcious.

Calmly walking over to the unconcious elf, ignoring all others in the room, The Ghost notes that Kain is out cold, and can offer no resistances to him. Reaching down, The Ghost picks up the obscenely large sword strapped to the so called "Divine Aspect"'s back. The Ghost had noticed how preciously the Mage regarded the martial weapon, and would find it amusing to have the caster wake up with it missing, and in the hands of an "ally". After a swift but Brutal kick to Kain's head, The Ghost carries the heav sword over to the shrieking Woman, before using his own strenght and momentum to create a downward slash towards the woman's collar bone, fancying that he could split the annoying girl in half with a sword like this.

- The Ghost

I am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print