Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2A: Stepping out into the Dawn  (Read 16962 times)
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »

Surprised to see the knife being stopped by the mage without even touching it, a strange feeling crawls over him; his distaste for the unknown, the strange and dark magic. If Kain was capable of stopping knifes that whirled trough the air, what else could he be capable off? As long as Kain was fully to his senses he would be like,… nearly unstoppable…!
Yet another surprise, an even bigger one; Kain collapsed. And of course the wretched pale albino elf immediately took advantage of the situation. Darién decided in that mere second that he wouldn’t risk his life for Kain, and for a moment Darién expected Kain to be as good as dead (when he received the kick). However the pale elf spared him and only stole the sword, which he used to attack the screaming waitress with.

The waitress bothered Darién just as much and so he didn’t really object into doing what the Ghost was about to do. Darién took another bite from his breakfast and then drew one of his blades from its sheath. Darién didn’t approve of Kain’s sword at all, not just because it was tainted with magic but more because he was used to his own weapons, but he needed to create order out of chaos, and he was obviously the only one capable of doing so at the moment.

With slow paces he started walking towards Kain’s unconscious body and as he stood there he knew that his choice would not have to be that difficult at all… He could get rid of him right now if he wanted. While a number of thoughts seared trough his mind he prepared for the execution. The blade swirled above Kain’s neck; however when it came down it only penetrated the floor.

He was no man of honour, yet he had boundaries. Even tough Kain would be a threat; alive, and he was more his foe then any other entity they would or could possible encounter, it was simply just too easy to kill him now, especially just after nearly having a peace-bargain of some sorts. Of course Darién could somehow understand the Ghost’s motives in doing what he did and had done until now, but didn’t approve of it. Even amongst criminals there are certain rules one has to obey. Kain didn’t want innocent bloodshed, and this was understandable for Darién, however the ghost immediately violated their agreement by attempting to kill the annoying screamer.

The pale elf was crazy; he had no self-control whatsoever, reasoning or the ability to think ahead…
Darién could have travelled on by himself by killing Kain as first, then the ghost, and then the others… However in that mere moment he had decided not to. Not yet, he still saw his ally’s uses. However he grew tired of the albino elf… Should that man be called to a stop?
Darién would rather see Kain conscious again to deal with the situation himself. It was Kain’s bargain and seemingly everyone agreed except for the pale elf, who more likely vomited out Kain’s request to not harm helpless people. This was no longer Darién’s conflict; it was between Kain and the Ghost. Darién grabbed his plate and slid it across the bar until he sat down on a barstool next to where Kain was lying. His sword still standing in the floor nearby Kain’s head, he began eating but ready to stop the ghost for if he came after Kain the next moment. If anyone would kill Kain it would be him, and in a fair duel. That was his decision, and then finished his final breakfast and ale.

Death:
A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.  
    --Seneca

Edited by: Darien Gulath at: 4/28/06 15:41
Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2006, 01:57:23 AM »

Braem

The door to the kitchen swung open, slamming against the wall as a man was revealed standing in the doorway. Rage flickered across his face as his azure gaze swept across the scene before him, a shout forming in his throat as he watched the dark blade descend. With a flick of his wrists, throwing knives slipped down his sleeves to be held in his hands, his knuckles turning white as he gripped their hilts. Lunging forward into the room, he was nonetheless too late as the girl’s blood spouted forth from her corpse, her eyes already glazed in the haze of death. Turning his gaze from the corpse, sickened by how she was practically split in twain, he looked instead upon the foul visage of her murderer, cursing whatever woman spawned such a creature, “Foul demon, you’ve murdered sweet Hana, the future mother of my children. For this crime, I cannot suffer you to live. Either defend yourself with that accursed blade, or accept your execution with dignity, I care not as long as your blood stains the floor this day.”

Lifting the knives in his hands, he threw them at the pale abomination, aiming for the creature’s torso, hoping to first wound him and then move closer to slit his throat. Once the first pair of knives were thrown, a second pair appeared in his hands, seemingly drawn from his belt, as he threw them, aiming for where he expected the elf to be should he dodge the first pair.

Turning from the Ghost for only a moment, concern flickered within his eyes as he looked upon the blonde woman, worrying about such a fair maiden in the company of murderers. “Lady, these men do not deserve to accompany a maiden such as yourself. Please, allow me to whisk you to safety. Fear not, for my magic is swift and powerful.” Stepping toward her, he unclasped his woolen cloak as he swirled it around her, concealing her entirely within its folds. As he pulled the cloak away, once again clasping it around his shoulders, it was revealed that where Nasty once stood, there was now nothing, not a trace of where she might have gone.

The thought that it might be unwise to turn from a foe during combat crossed his mind as he turned to face the Ghost once again, calmly surveying the result of his thrown knives as he knelt to retrieve yet another pair from his boots, preparing to throw them if the first two were not successful.  

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2006, 05:38:23 AM »

The Ghost smiles viciously as the huge blade easily tears through the woman, replacing her annoying screams with far more amusing sounds. Another man walked into the tavern as this happened, and started whining something about something along the lines of a lost lover or some such thing, and started throwing knives at The Ghost. Thinking quickly, The Ghost starts to swing the huge blade up to parry one of the incoming projectiles. Unfortunately, The Ghost had hit the young woman to hard....

The Blade was stuck.

The Ghost unhands the corpsed sword and swings around to dodge the knives but it is too late. The other dagger sinks  into his left arm, although not too deeply. The Ghost could not worry about these however, for already there were two more daggers flying towards him. Both were to his left however. Apparently the fool thought That the Ghost would dive over there.

The Ghost was angry now. Snatching up his swordcane, The Ghost unsheathes it, revealing to his party its true nature. Weilding the Sword in his right hand, and the hardened sheath in his injured left, The Ghost Dashes forward, leaping onto a table, then springing off that in a leaping attack towards the newcomer, blade and club whirling.

I am the Darkness between the stars.
I am the Silence between whispers.
I am there in your darkest of dreams.
I am The Ghost, and you cannot escape.

- The Ghost

I am the Darkness between Stars
I am the Silence between Whispers
I am There, in Your Darkest of Dreams
I am
The Ghost, and you Can Not Escape.
Xaod Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2006, 11:19:23 AM »

Xaod watched with indifference as the pale elf attacked the barmaid. He didn't like killing innocents, and he couldn't understand the elf's bloodthirst to do so. But this particular innoccent was exceedingly annoying, so he let it pass. Flinching as blood splashed onto his shoulder and cape.

Turning his one-eyed gaze as a man came out from behind the bar, Xaod snarled as he started tossing daggers. Leaping forward as the man went for Nasty, Xaod was too late, left staring stupefied at the spot where she once was. Growling, he pulled two daggers from his baldric.

---------------
I am the Shadow that clings to you like death
I am the Silence behind your back
I am the Stalker following your every move
I am the Slayer that ends your life without hesitation

Xaod Shadow

Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2006, 09:15:23 AM »

Braem

Azure eyes focused on the moving form of the pale monstrosity, his grip tightened on the throwing knives in his hands, prepared to throw them at the right moment. As the elf landed upon the table, the hands of the waiting man were a blur, the knives being hurled with skill toward the elf as he left his perch upon the table, aimed once again at his torso.

Knowing that the knives alone were insufficient to halt the abomination's momentum, his body launched into a back flip of its own accord, acting as it was trained to do years ago. With ease, Braem landed upon the bar, kicking aside glasses as he drew the cutlass sheathed at his side, preparing for another confrontation with the elf.  

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2006, 09:46:23 AM »

The knives thrown by the newcomer do not make it past the whirling of The Ghost's weapons, being parried to the sides harmlessly. The skilled swordsmen ends his leap in a somersault, landing on the ground and rolling to his feet to face  the newly armed knife thrower.

Grinning maliciously, The Ghost Lunges forward to stab at the cloaked man, keeping his clubd back to parry.

- The Ghost

I am
Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2006, 04:58:23 AM »

Leaping as the sword of the elf stabbed forward at his legs, Braem gracefully landed upon the bar once more, his cutlass held ready to strike. "Ha! Your skill with a blade is laughable at best. Perhaps I should disarm myself to allow you some chance of success."

Sheathing the cutlass at his waist once more, he leapt from the bar before crouching upon the floor, one leg kicking forth to sweep the elf's legs out from under him. Rising to his feet as he glanced behind him at the beautiful redhead yet seated at the bar, Braem stood ready for the Ghost's next attack as he defiantly called out, "I will not allow you a chance to harm this fair maiden as you did the last. Either desist or accept your fate."

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2006, 05:37:23 PM »

With his breakfast finished he almost immediately felt new tension in the room, the newcomer was taking on a fight with the evil elf, and this was something rather amusing. Darién wasn’t sure who the foolish one was, to challenge the other. It seemed that both fighters where reasonably self-confident, and it wasn’t obvious to Darién just yet to whom would emerge as victorious.

As the ghost leapt towards its opponent to tear him apart, Darién walked across the room towards the Ghost’s previous location. There he observed the bleeding mess of the waitress near Kain’s sword. A large pool of blood widened around the corpse. Blood circled around Darién’s feet. The red sticky substance was a familiar sight for Darién, Daily he killed his foes but it occurred rarely that he ravaged someone like the Ghost had just done. The scene wasn’t shocking to Darién but a little disturbing nevertheless.

As the fight continued around several peds from where Darién was knelt, it seemed like the shady assassin Gulath couldn’t care less for the outcome or result of the fight. His interest had gone forth to Kain’s sword; with full concentration he studied the runes and craftsmanship of the artefact. When he grasped the sword he suddenly felt its strange energy surging trough him. As if the blade tried to attach itself towards Darién. The dark magical power he felt that it was emitting was amazing. In a way it made Darién confused, and unsure of what his next actions would have to be. Darién became so caught up with Mo’epher’s aura that he lost track of everything that happened around him. Entranced he stared at the blade, twisting it around to look at the runes.

Death:
A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.  
    --Seneca

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2006, 02:14:23 AM »

Eerie shadows spread across the floor in the back of the room, created by the lack of torchlight, casting thier darkness upon the corner and the lone elf that it containted.  The elf shivered, his spear tapping on the ground quietly as the tremor spread throughout his body.  He wore a black cloak, which covered his entire body except for a single pallid hand that clutched his spear in a death grip.  The cloak's hood cast a long shadow, in the shape of a V upon the elf's face, revealing only his piercing golden eyes, which seemed to be floating in the darkness.  He waited expactantly, itching to join in the brawl, yet knowing that if would be best to utilize the element of suprise.  Observing each of the combatants carefully, the elf sized up each to decide which of the killers would be the most fun to "play" with.  He quickly rejected the mage, as he had no like for magic of any kind and was thinking of attacking the young woman when another elf made himself known.  From his hiding place, the elf could only hear snipits of the two combatants conversation, however he already decided he did not like this chivalric man.  A smile crossed the elf's snow-white lips as he thought of all the terrible things he could do to this man.  It was at this moment that he emerged from the shadows, cackling wildily.  "Idiotic fool," he said, "Trust me when I say your noble deeds will get you know where.  Come let me see you dance with a real opponent."  The elf raised his spear, leveling it with the man's chest.  "That," he says, gesturing to The Ghost, "Is nothing but an agile exuse for a swordsman.  If you really wish to know the dance of the weapons try your self against another opponent."

Drasil Razorfang CD

The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2006, 06:13:23 AM »

The Ghost leaps back as thenewcomer attempts to sweep his legs out from under him, landing a few peds away from the elf. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, another elf comes in between The Ghost and his opponent. What made it worse for the new elf, he was weiliding a spear in tight quarters combat AND he was facing AWAY from The Ghost. Foolish welp.

Calmly walking up behind the newcomer, his bare feet making little more than a whisper of noise, drowned out by the sound of the new elf's own voice, The Ghost raises the scabbard of his sword, hardened into almost metallic rigidity, and swings it down hard, aiming for the unsuspecting elf's cranium.

- The Ghost

I am
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »

Kari: In the rafters of the sealing sat a small ash falcon, preening her grey feathers, while watching the battle below intently with her night black eyes.  She waited for an opportune moment to join the fray, one in which her companion could not scold her for.  Suddenly one of the elves appeared behind Drasil, swinging his scabbard at the elf's skull.  Letting out a piercing squak to warn Drasil, the bird plummeted earthward, tucking in her talons into the fluffy depths of her feathers, the bird allinged her wickedly curved beak with the skull of Drasil's enemy.  Stars sparkled in the black depths of her eyes as the ecstasy of combat flooded through her body.

Drasil:  After hearing Kari's warning, Drasil turned slightly to see the elf thrusting at his head.  Raising his arm to deflect the blow, fires danced in the golden depths of his eyes as his adreniline kicked in.  "Finally, a worthy foe." he said.  Crimson droplets oozed down the elf's arm, before spilling onto the floor.  Noticing the long bruise that was speckled with small cuts that burst on impact with the scabbard, the elf's snow white lips twisted into a wicked smile before bursting into a crazed laugh.  As he howled wildly, Drasil noticed his companion's presisely aimed attack from above and he launched his own.  Twirling to the side to avoid the crimson puddle, Drasil seperated his spear into its sub parts.  Hesitating for a brief second, Drasil waited until Kari was just above his enemy's head.  Moving in a blur, the elf the quarterstaff created from the spear towards the elf's groin, sweeping upward in a graceful arc, while bringing the other end of the spear to rest at the side of the elf's head, its tip poised like a snake, ready to strike it the elf attempted to side step in either direction.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Edited by: Drasil Razorfang at: 5/17/06 13:08
The Ghost
Blood Child
Approved Character

Elf, Ahrhim

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006, 09:25:23 AM »

The Ghost hears the bird's screech just before his clubs smashes into the elf's arm. Glancing up, The GHost uses the newcomers hesitance to thrust upwarsd with his sword, attempting to skewer the bird, before leaping backwards, away from the newly flanked spearman.

- The Ghost

I am
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006, 09:53:23 AM »

Kari:  Seeing Drasil's enemy lunge at her with a sword, the young bird began an evasive manuever.  Continueing her dive, the young bird opened her grey wings, casuing herself to spiral downward, considerably slowing her speed. Centering the sword in the middle of her cone, the bird circled around it, the long grey feathers of her back brushing along the endge of sword with each spiral.  Then, violenetly beating her wings in reverse, the bird shot herself backwards, onto the flat of the sword blade.  In a split second she pushed off, diving head long into her opponents face, being sure to stay poised right outside his sword range as she made her deadly dive.

Drasil:  Cursing his hesitation, Drasil threw the short spear.  As the spear spiraled through the air, he released one of his daggers from its hiding place up his sleeve and charged at his enemy, stabbing at his chest with his dagger while sending the spear but crashing downward in the direction of his opponents sword hand in an attempt to disarm him.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]