Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Year, New OOC  (Read 59177 times)
Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« on: January 10, 2006, 03:46:23 AM »

Hello all, welcome to the new OOC for chapter two.  All parties are now in their new chapters - congratulations on getting this far and not having fallen prey to evil plots, evil compatriots, or evil weather and smells!  This chapter is an exciting one for all as you set off into the meat of the story.  I think I can speak for Eri as well when I say we both hope you will enjoy what we have in store for you!  Happy posting!  

:wave  

Nasty Lady

Pikel Thunderstone
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 10:04:23 AM »

FIRST POSTIES!!!

BWAGA BWAGA BWAGA

I apologize for this.

Physical beauty is inextricably bound to Spiritual Beauty. If you are lacking in Spiritual Beauty, then you are lacking in Physical beauty. If you are overflowing with spiritual beauty, then you are also overflowing in physical beauty. At least in MY messed up eyes.   -Derek Coulter

Luca the Thief
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 10:09:23 AM »

As you should, Pike. As you should.

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 12:41:23 PM »

I have returned from my cruise, and while there was an internet connection on board the speed was 'bout that of a grandmother with advanced arthritis and a broken hip... took five minutes to bring up the santharian home page... and it was fifty cents a mintute. So my postage should once again return to its persistant and frequent rate, and once again befoul the waters of this wholesome and child friendly quest.;)  

I apologize for nothing!:b  

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Pikel Thunderstone
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 03:45:23 PM »

Hey Kain, Glad to have you back. Just a few comments on your return post.

Quote:
When he arrived, he noted that the Ghost, the one eyed man, and the blond had already arrived. He had expected the Ghost to come early, it was in his nature to be percise and exact, but the blonde suprised him

Couple things bother me about this part of your post.

1: The Fact that you seem to know so much about me. The Duke had spies on me for weeks and he doesn't know alot about me, and i am not even sure if he knows my name. You, who have never seen me, or had a coversation with me before last night, could not possibly know so much about me. I know you say that your characters knows well known criminals, but quite frankly the ghost ISN'T that well known. No one town is attacked twice in the same 4 decades. There might be rumors about me (MIGHT BE), but a name and mannerisms wouldn't follow those rumors. I do not think I am comfortable with your character knowing about him except for the POSSIBILITY of rumors.

2: Given that, you have no way of knowing my name. Thus you would just call me the pale elf, or some other description, like you do for Nasty and Xaod.

3: Even if you do know alot about me, your analysis of my character is wrong. The Ghost is NOT 'Precise and Exact'. He is  a creature fueled by passion and hatred, not of calculation or punctuality.

Just a tip off for future posts.

Physical beauty is inextricably bound to Spiritual Beauty. If you are lacking in Spiritual Beauty, then you are lacking in Physical beauty. If you are overflowing with spiritual beauty, then you are also overflowing in physical beauty. At least in MY messed up eyes.   -Derek Coulter

Edited by: Pikel Thunderstone at: 1/10/06 7:47
Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 04:53:23 AM »

Oh well, Darién IS a well-known thug, But he too is shrouded in mystery. Not many would know him as GULATH. As he calls himself only Darién. And for the scared people know him as THE PREDATOR. Or watever fancy nickname you could think off that describes ones worst fear about a nearly uncatchable assassin that travels trough the underworld like a ghost and a shadow.

Only the Helcrani possibly made the link that Darién is Demion Gulath's son and this little piece of information could have found his way to the duke. Darién also still stands registered as Darién Gulath, But it would always remain a secret of who he is and why does it.
Top bounty hunters and smart avengers who spend some time about Darién would know this. And they could have spread a wanted poster giving his real name and even a self-drawn appearance they managed to come up with during research. Darién doesn't make much mistakes, you should know that.

I felt inspired by Pikel to also explain this little bit to the players for i don't want them to see me the wrong way :broadgrin  .

Actually Darién's history would be so grim and dark that if somebody who would extract the information from Darién's mind with hypnose that they would wet their pants upon the story's he would share with them.

Darién is meant as an embodiement of evil and in a future story he will play an arch enemy. Or maybe The archenemy.

Anyways i keep on rambling, Can't help it because it's the new ooc.

*also doesn't apoligise*

Death:
A punishment to some, to some a gift, and to many a favor.  
    --Seneca

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 07:47:23 AM »

Derek, I explained my thoughts on the issue to you, but for everybody else, Kain knows enough, from rumors and reports from gaurds, that the ghost is a talented swords man, such persicion and exacting skill is required of a sword's master that Kain expects those skills to wear off on the rest of the master's atributes. I think since he calls himself the ghost and he does frequently rought it up in different towns and attack gaurds, and has been in jails many times, somebody who hunts uniquely vicious criminals who commit horrible crimes against humaninty might know his nickname. As for Darien, I would assume that he has seen any wanted posters that are up, and has had contact with the kind of people who would hire or have hired darien for his skills. He takes time to be familiar with various dangerous criminals and their weaknessess. If it really hurts your feelings i will start to adress him as Darien, but Gulath seems to fit Kain's personality so much more.

Also if you attack Kain again, prepare for fist of thunder.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

hm
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 08:52:23 AM »

well watever you decide Kain is okay, as long as you know that the information you pocess is rare (from those who know off it are maybe 5% of those in the underworld) the duke has done his research and you might have gotten the information by coincidence.

And i will not atack anyone anymore unless they leave me no other choice somehow. Corner Darién, or keep provoking him... Or try to kill him. Directly or inderectly, straight forward hostility or just annoying him.

It seems like a whole lot, And it lies in all of the characters personalities, But if nasty gets something interesting that will focuss our attention on something else instead of each other then it might all be okay.

I'l be waiting for rheine, if anyone wonders what i am doing next to the door.

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 02:06:23 PM »

I will call him gulath, but i dont expect anybody to have the knowlege i have about either of the characters, as little as it may be on the ghost. Does anybody in our group ride horses? If not, and if nobody else wishes to take it, I will have the chestnut, I have no knowlege of horses myself, and I assume kain has used them before, as he does quick a bit of long travels, but he is no expert. But seeing as it is the largest, and Kain would just look silly on a tiny little horse, being almost seven feet tall... Anyways thats how I feel about the horse issue... What does a chestnut look like anyways, or a bay? And what is the differance between a bronco and a stallion?

On a completely unrelated topic, where is rhiene... is she a he or a she, and will he/she be able to keep up. I don't like the thought that we may be ruining his/her/it's education with rp nonesence... such as we are doing with me!:b :evil  

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 08:02:23 PM »

Darien:  Please run a spell and grammar check on all your in-character posts.  I got a not even a third of the way through your latest post before I had to give up.  It's terrible, please fix it as soon as possible.

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 05:41:23 AM »

O.o is it just my computer or did most of C and the OOC get erased?

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Edited by: Vince Dark at: 1/23/06 21:41
Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 05:49:23 AM »

@Vince: Its not just Twilight, every story has lost two weeks worth of posts.|I   Look here for more information.

@All: It seems as though we have no choice but to rewrite the posts that have been lost. As far as B is concerned, do not expect the storyline to be the same as it was as I find it extremely boring to rewrite something. Heh, maybe the story will flow better after us all having practice in writing these posts! I sincerely apologize to everyone for us being set back two weeks, and I hope everyone will rewrite their posts without too many complaints. (I've already complained, so the rest of you might as well complain with me.:p  )

Edit: I just realized that we have another option besides rewriting all the posts. Instead, we could simply pick up where we left off, writing off the memory of where our characters were and what they were doing. It would create some confusion for anyone reading the posts that are not players in the story, but :p  to them. I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on what we should do.

Option A) Rewrite all the posts, trying to remain as true to the originals as possible.

Option B) Pick up where we left off.

Everyone should at least know everything their own char was doing, and both Nasty and I are aware of the current (well... formerly current) state of things in every thread.

Roads go ever ever on,
Over rock and under tree,
By caves where never sun has shone,
By streams that never find the sea.

J.R.R. Tolkien - "The Hobbit"

Edited by: Erian Melor at: 1/23/06 23:24
Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 08:35:23 AM »

I don't mind either

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 08:37:23 AM »

Maybe we should wait a day or two before going on with our posts. I doubt that it will help, but we try to find out which buttons Kalina has pressed or if it is her fault at all. Then Art will ask ezboard if the restoral of posts is possible.  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 10:35:23 AM »

Option B please!  I will rewrite my post of this morning which I doubt many people had the chance to see (it was a good one too *pouts*), and I'll cover where everyone is in it to the greatest extent possible, so we have something to go on.  I'll even put a little ooc note at the top to remind us where the leap came from if ever we need to go back over it.

I think waiting would be nice, but in a couple of days I'll probably be too fuzzy on the details to do as well as I can now, so I''l do it now and if the missing posts can be restored, great; if not, no worries.  

If anyone disagrees that we should just pick up where we left off, I can delete the post later.  I just want to get it down and posted asap, atm.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]