Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Restart OOC:  (Read 28823 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« on: June 07, 2006, 10:58:23 PM »

People, we can‘t allow us, to let a story die which has a nice concept and still a lot of active players, some of them with quite some experience, the right mixture of old and new, if we take some new chars in.

We will have to change the story slightly, so that it can run without the main chars Nystacea and Tasuli Rose. I have already some ideas (which I find pretty cool :p ) , but before I can know, if they work, I need to know who of the present players is willing to continue AND who of the older ones are willing to help me modding for some time. I would propose, that we not only choose two mods, but more. I‘m thinking of Luca, Pikel, (good party) Darien and Kain(bad party). I don‘t know the others well enough to propose them . (Have I missed somebody?) After some time, anybody can volunteer for doing it, maybe Elendilwyn and Kareesh for the good party any any evil guy for the next?

Here is a list of those who have participated so far, as long as it is needed, I will join with one of my chars as well :)

To Party C: That is idea Nr 1: Let us join the main parties, no guest chars, but before more info from my side will  come, the list.

Party A

Xaod Shadow
Rheine
The Ghost
Darién Gulath
Drasil
Kain Cristar

(Xun)

Party B

Elendilwyn Gwaihir
Luca the Thief
Ratdragon
Kareesh
Yarg Anklebiter
Bahran Bahran

Guests
HieronImus Kupfdrubus (C)
Ishmaelion (C)
Tythle Fi Thea (C)
Mimi Dorgren (C)
Vince Dark (C)

So, please post as soon as possible, if you are going to stay with Twilight or if you want to leave! If I don‘t hear anything from you within a week, you will be out and on the waiting list again. (except Elen, who is still on her journey, but will be back  soon).

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 01:49:23 AM »

First of all, you should have asked. There is no excuse for not asking, as I did not leave the boards, nor is my contact information hard to locate. Twilight is my creation, one which has been improved upon by Grun.

Second, what worries me most is that Twilight will be changed too drastically. I have no problem with it continuing, but I wish for it to continue as it is, or as close to that as possible.

Third, I am interested in what ideas you have for the story, but it won't be necessary to continue on without Tasul'i, not yet anyway. For the next couple of months, I'll have enough time to play him, assuming that I have no modding responsibilities.

Fourth, you don't have as many active players as you believe. Bahran, Darien, and Rheine have been absent from the board for quite a while. Also, Xun is not in any of the parties as he only asked to join and was not accepted. If it were not for the timing of the request (about the same time I stepped down as mod), he would have been rejected on account of his role playing experience. As of now, his posts are not up to the standard to which Twilight expects from her players. Finally, Kareesh is too busy to join the story, unless that has changed, I doubt you can include her.

I truly do not know who is active in C and who is not. C is a mistake that I've regretted for months, one I have not known how to correct. I am not saying that I regret accepting its players, the subplot itself is the mistake, one I made based upon my experience in a subplot of ONNYA. The trouble with integrating C's players into the other parties is their locations, C is quite a distance from both of them. If you could solve that problem, then melding them with the main parties should be fairly easy. But there is one more thing, C's players are more suited to B than they are A, yet for all of them to join one party would make that party too large and upset the balance between the two. You'd have to ask if any C members were willing to join A, knowing the company they'd be keeping, and come up with a reasonable explanation for them to journey together.

Xaod would be a good mod choice for A, since Darien is absent, and truthfully I am not a fan of his modding style (Darien's).

I would like to keep in contact with you Talia, perhaps even discuss the story over the IRC or perhaps ICQ if you ever have time. If not, then ezmails will work. The outline of the plot sent to the admins is a good place to start, but it does not contain all the information on the story, as that resides in only one place, my head. I'm not asking to be a part of your decisions as a mod, merely a source of information.

In case you haven't noticed by now, this post means I wish to continue playing as Tasul'i.;)  

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 02:37:23 AM »

Sorry for not asking you, Vesk, I admit, I should have done it before.

But, though you and Grun have created the story,  - I don‘t think , you have the exclusive „rights“ on it. You gave up a good story  - and you did not say, that you wanted  to continue with Tasuli, you just closed it down without much warning in advance , though I expected it, when Grun left. With that action you gave up your „rights“ on your story,if there are any at all,  for it is not responsible acting nor acceptable to end a running story and throw the current players out of it.

It is the responsibility of an admin to look, that all goes smooth on the RPG-board - and with that it is our decision, if this story will run on or not - and if the plot has to be changed slightly or not, which players will be included or not.  Vesk - YOU GAVE IT UP! And I picked up, what you threw away.

Which players will come back and which players will have time - we will see, therefor I made the call!

But I‘m really glad, if you want to stay with Tasuli - I read this morning the last thread with Tasuli , Luca and the others - and I really want to know, how  you will react after getting back your breath ..

I looked this afternoon for the storyline you presented back then, but I couldn‘t find it, not in the admin board, nor in the rpg-mail - maybe it was deleted there, for it has been sitting there more than half a year, don‘t know. Could you send it again to my talia - mail? I remember it quite well, but maybe not all.

If you agree, I will mail my new ideas to you, and maybe you can tell me, what you had in mind with Mimi.

Please answer not before you have cooled down after you read my opinion about the „rights“ concerning stories! ;)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 1970, 09:00:00 AM »

I have to agree with Talia on this point Vesk. You gave up the story and once you release your resposibility, it is in the Admins hands. We decided it would be a good story to continue so we are going to make sure it does.

Yes, it may not be the way you wanted it but guess what, you gave it up for such change. If you want it to continue the way you want it to, you have to continue modding it.

Once again, everything Talia said I back up and that you gave up your rights to this story unless you wish to go back to being moderator.

www.p081.ezboard.com/fthesantharianrpgboard83.showMessage?topicID=259.topic" target="_blank">

The Santharian Dream ~ Role Playing Basics
Character Creation Guide ~ Restrictions and Age Calculator

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 05:08:23 AM »

First of all, I do not appreciate being harassed. And I view repetitive statements that I have no rights to the story as just that, harassment. There is no need to yell at me, nor am I attempting to reclaim the story. Whether or not I have rights to it is irrelevant. So please, stop harassing me so that the future of the story may be decided in peace.

Kalina, if you have nothing more to say than "I agree with Talia", then there really is no need for you to post. The word of one admin is quite sufficient, and I doubt she requires a cheerleader.

Truthfully, it never occurred to me to continue playing Tasul'i and allow someone else to mod the story, probably because I assumed no one would be willing to mod a behemoth such as Twilight. I do indeed have time to play him, for the time being at least, and he is one of my most enjoyable chars to play. As Twilight is the only place I can play him due to the restrictions on playing a duke, there's no harm in me taking advantage of Talia's offer to mod.;)  

Talia, I'll send you the outline, and I look forward to reading your ideas for the story. I may even have a few suggestions of my own. But please remember that they will be only that, suggestions.  

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 05:14:23 AM »

OK, Vesk! Waiting for them!

Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 05:25:23 AM »

Alright, I've sent the outline of the plot to what I hope is your email address. You emailed me at one point (months and months ago), so my email had you listed as a contact, merely sent it to that address.

Give me some time to remember what we (Grun and I) had planned for Mimi, and I'll send that to you as well.;)  

Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 07:47:23 AM »

One question, you put my name in perentheses (did i speel this right?) does this meen that I would be in that party if I join, which is a request, or that I am in, or does that meen that that I am going to be in, or what?

~> Enemies shall die, attackers shall have no mercy. Enemies shall live, and be slaves for eternity.<~
EzCode Parsing Error: color=blue]X
<~~>
Character help

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Pikel Thunderstone
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 09:15:23 AM »

Pikel's characters in this story:

The Ghost, Party A

Yarg Anklebiter, Party B

It would seem the fates have decreed that no matter what should happen, Luca and i should co-mod together. This will be the third time if both of us accept your proposition.

Anyways. Both of my characters are still in.

**DISCLAIMER** I apologize to anyone I may have offended in the above post. I would like to assure you that was (most likely) not my goal. I would also like to assure you that the above post (again, most likely) in no way reflects the views of the Santharian boards or their webmaster, Artimidor Federkiel

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 09:40:23 AM »

same, as you have probably guessed

Drasil Razorfang CD

Luca the Thief
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 10:29:23 AM »

Quote:
we not only choose two mods, but more. I‘m thinking of Luca, Pikel, (good party)
I won't have time to take a mod position, but Luca is for sure staying in and I can take a prominent role in the plot to be used to prod things along, maybe even take on an NPC.

Whatever works for you! :biggrin  

Pikel Thunderstone
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »

Same here. I will stay with teh RPing, but i am incompetant at best at modding, so None of that for me.

**DISCLAIMER** I apologize to anyone I may have offended in the above post. I would like to assure you that was (most likely) not my goal. I would also like to assure you that the above post (again, most likely) in no way reflects the views of the Santharian boards or their webmaster, Artimidor Federkiel

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 01:50:23 AM »

Pikel, no need to deny your abilities, so far I didn't hear any complaints about redemption.. ;)
In the long run others need to overtake the modding, I will be just the makeshift mod.

Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 02:03:23 AM »

Quote:
Imho, you should let them.  Twilight is a good story and we have heaps of detail about how it should go in the admin outline they have, so it wouldn't be too hard for them to run it, and run it the way we planned.  I'd be interested to see if party A suffers (I'm thinking they might be even less lenient with random violence than I was), but if they can keep the baddies happy, it's all good.  As you say, there's players to consider, and the more active, well-thought-out stories on the board, the better for the Dream.

If you want you can forward this to them so they know my view.  :)

Just thought I'd show you all Grun's opinion on the matter, and to let you all know that I did think to ask her.:p  It was mostly due to her advice that I've been so compliant and reasonable about the whole matter.  

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 03:21:23 AM »

Oh Vesk! And I really had hoped, that it was your own considerate way to act (recently acquired due to my good influence :p ), now I'm slightly dissapointed. I should have known, that the wise influence of a woman (you gladly listen to) was the reason for you to not to explode as much as I anticipated ! :lol

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]