Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2C: Disappearing into the Light  (Read 28529 times)
Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 12:52:23 AM »

Pellaghia had followed Hieronimus and arrived with him at the inn. She was  relieved to see Mimi‘s horse. Maybe she hadn‘t want to relieve herself in the wood and went on to the toilet of the inn? Though this had not been a good idea, for this was not a place she would visit voluntarily. But a little girl couldn‘t know this. Yes, she was surely here!

She demounted and went into the tavern to look out for her granddaughter. But there was no sight of her, the only face she knew well was Vince‘s, though one or the other was distinct familiar to her.

“Vince, is Mimi here, have you seen her? Or these people here?“

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 01:56:23 AM »

"Who are you?" the barkeep asked Vince in a rumbling tone, "And why'd you come here? Who are you to be bursting in here?"

Vince was surprised at himself, normally very slow to anger, but the rudeness of the barkeep and the sheer urgency of the matter was just more than he could take.  Vince cast the barkeep a cold look before curtly responding, “I am Vince, and I came in here in search of a little girl who got lost, her grandmother is worried sick, now, have you seen the girl or…” Vince trailed off, seeing that Pellaghia came in through the door and looked around.  When she saw his face, she asked, “Vince, is Mimi here, have you seen her? Or these people here?“

Vince turned his head to her and said, in a calmer tone, “I have not seen here, and we will soon find out if these people have.” Vince turned back to the barkeep, “So, have you seen her or not?

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 04:20:23 AM »

The barman looks from Vince to Pellaghia and back, a spark of recognition flickering across his face as he looks at the older woman.  Don't I know her? he wonders to himself.  Well, either way, she's not one of these arrogant adventure-seeking types, he decides.  Turning to Pellaghia he shakes his head.  "No, none like that have been in here." He scrubs a blue-tinted hand through his hair as he looks from the wild, untrustworthily beautiful elf, and back to the sensible, half-familiar looking older woman, trying to reconcile in his mind what they could be doing together.  

Nasty Lady

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 07:02:23 AM »

The hope which had flickered for some moments was gone and it was worse than before. Why was the horse here in front of the inn and Mimi was not here? Should she have gone to her niece - but she doesn‘t know, where Elsie lives, she hasn‘t been here before.

Pellaghia sighed, then she suddenly remembered the name of the barman: Greff.

„Thank you Greff, if you should notice something or hear something, please give word to Elsie Grinham, I‘m Pellaghia, her aunt.“

She hoped, that the man would pay more attention or even help with the search. But now she had go to Elsie first, maybe Mimi was there! Only Seyella knew the curved ways fate takes often.

„Vince, I have to see after my niece, but I will be back as soon as I have seen her. Please wait for me till I‘m back.“

She left the inn, informed Hieronimus and quickly rode a few hundred peds to the little house her niece occupied at the northern edge of the small village. But of course Mimi wasn‘t there either. Elsie welcomed her very much, for the baby was already on the way. Pellaghia checked her briefly and saw, that it would be a difficult birth. Elsie had already lost a newborn child, so Pellaghia had to stay with her. She told the pregnant woman, that she would be back soon and went back to her travel companions. Her heart was tight and she nearly couldn‘t breath out of fear for Mimi. Her sweet, little Lotann. But there was no choice, she had to ask the men to search for Mimi , but she had to stay back to help deliver a baby.

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 07:31:23 AM »

Hieronimus demounted as well, but stayed outside to watch over the horse and the elk. But maybe that was just a bad excuse for not knowing what to do in this situation.

H.Kupfdrubus

Nystacea Korlsdaughter
Hedonist
Approved Character

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 04:26:23 AM »

Greff nods his head as the light of recognition spreads over his face.  "Ahh, yes, Elsie's Aunt.  Well, Pellaghia, we'll thank you to keep an eye on that one while you're in Holt," he says nodding to where Vince stands, completely ignoring the reason for which the two had entered his tavern.  "We don't want his type standing around causing trouble." As the woman left, Greff frowned once more at Vince and went to the other end of the bar, muttering half-audibly about lazy foreigners who'd never do an honest day's work in their lives, and about what was the world coming to that respectable women like that would travel with one of these untrustworthy travelling types.

Nasty Lady

Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

Jonah, a young boy around the age of ten, burst through the door of the Blue Inn as he barely managed to stop running before colliding with the bar. Rapidly his breaths came as he cast about the common room with his azure eyes, his blonde hair drenched in sweat. Rags were loosely hanging from his small frame, his ribs visible through the tears in his meager clothing. Only the slightest hint of blue showed on his hands, as he had not yet worked enough with the sou'cald moss to develop the blue hands that his elders possessed. In a loud high-pitched voice, he called out to everyone in the inn.

"Oi, are there any healers here? Ol' Jeb fought off the men that seized the girl, but they were too much for him. Fool of an old man, he can barely walk on his own yet he attacks armed men with only a hoe."

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 01:12:23 PM »

“Vince, I have to see after my niece, but I will be back as soon as I have seen her. Please wait for me till I‘m back.“

Vince let out a sigh, “Yes, I will Pellaghia.  Please hurry back.” The last thing he wanted to do was stay here and wait, he wanted to go out and help.  The bartender said something but Vince ignored the man, already sick of this town.  

He was walking out side, to let Vah down, when another little kid burst through the doors yelling, "Oi, are there any healers here? Ol' Jeb fought off the men that seized the girl, but they were too much for him. Fool of an old man, he can barely walk on his own yet he attacks armed men with only a hoe."

Vince looked at him startled before saying, “I am no healer, but one of my companions may be.  And what girl did they take?  What did she look like?” Vince was at a loss, this boy was in a hurry and Vince had too many questions on his mind.

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 10:13:23 PM »

When arriving in front of the inn, Hieronimus was still waiting patiently that something would happen and Vince was  about to leave the inn. Ishmaelion and Tythle had not yet arrived - had they not comforted her on the road, where were they?

She turned to Hieronimus as the only one she knew well. Riding to him she bend down, laid her hand on his shoulder and asked him.

„Will, I have to go back to Elsie, she will have her child soon and there will be complications. She lost already a newborn. So I need to go back. Could you organise something to find Mimi? I know you can do it, you are a good man. Thank you, I knew I could rely on you.“

She didn‘t  wait, if  Hieronimus agreed, but just took it as a fact that her old acquaintance would do what she wished.

Then she looked at Vince:

„Vince, I just met you and don‘t know you at all, but could you please help Hieronimus? He is not the youngest anymore and he might need help!“

She treated Vince not differently to Hieronimus, but turned her horse around and before any of the men could say a word, she was gone.

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 07:10:23 PM »

Hieronimus  listened to Pellaghia with rising fear to be made responsible for looking after a young girl, but before he could protest, Pellaghia was gone. What should he do now? Though he had been here in this village already, he didn't know the people like Pellaghia knew them...

Vince was about to come back from inside the tavern - was he, or not? Should he demount and invest what was happening inside? This boy who ran into the tavern seemed to be quite upset, but when thinking at Mimi, than he had probably seen a dead cat or a frog with blue spots!
Hiero preferred to stay on his mount, his bones were aching terrible in this wet morning, and he didn't want to add more stress to his old joints.

H.Kupfdrubus

Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 08:03:23 AM »

“I am no healer, but one of my companions may be. And what girl did they take? What did she look like?”

For a moment, Jonah cocked his head to one side as he peered up at the elf, seeming to judge whether or not this stranger was worth his time. Evidently this stranger and his companions were the only help he could hope to receive, and he feared that Jeb was badly injured. With a sigh, he walked toward the door of the inn before turning his head to peer over one shoulder.

"Are you coming or not? Ol' Jeb ain't getting no younger."

After passing through the door, new life seemed to pulse through his body as he raced ahead with the energy of youth. Ducking beneath a horse upon which sat an aged man, he continued to run, glancing back every so often to ensure that he was being followed. After a few moments, he passed beyond the village itself as he ran through fields of grain. Upon reaching a place in the field where the plants were trampled as if by the hooves of several horses, he halted and glanced about impatiently for the elf.

Lying on the ground near his feet was an old man, almost completely bald with only a few strands of white hair yet clinging to his scalp. Blood flowed freely from a head wound despite the shirt that had been roughly tied around his head. A woman stood nearby, her white hair loose around her shoulders. From the way she wringed her hands upon the hem of her dress, it was evident that she was worried about him as he was her husband. The only other person nearby was another worker, a couple of decades younger than the other two yet still beyond his youth. It was apparent that he stayed to help the healer should the boy manage to fetch one.

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2006, 08:36:23 AM »

Hieronimus still sat on his horse waiting for Vince - or Ishmaelion and Tythle - when the boy who had run  in the inn just a few minutes ago came out again  - and dived under  his Grey!He looked back as if he wanted somebody to follow him... Hiero frowned. Where were his companions? He needed them to find Mimi!  

H.Kupfdrubus

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2006, 11:27:23 AM »

"Are you coming or not? Ol' Jeb ain't getting no younger."

With that the little boy ran out of the inn.  Vince stood there in shock for a moment before running out of the inn after him.  The child didn’t even listen to me.  I hope this man isn’t hurt very bad, I don’t know much about healing, and I don’t think Heironimus does either.  Maybe Ishmaellon and Tythle are back…Vince hoped as he ran out of the inn, almost running into Heiro, who was still on his horse.  

”Heiro!  Did you see a little boy run out of the inn?  I think he knows where Mimi is!”  Vince yelled to his elderly companion, not really waiting for a response.  He hopped onto Shén, and winced when he looked at Vah, who gave him a pathetic look for leaving him on top of Shén.

Vince turned to his friend, having completely forgotten about the boy’s predicament. “Heiro, do you know anything about healing?  Someone got hurt trying to help Mimi.”  Vince winced, hoping his friend could help more than he could, and hoping to hurry so they wouldn’t lose the boy.

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2006, 09:50:23 PM »

Hieronimus got alerted, as he heard „Mimi“! A man was injured while helping Mimi? And Pellaghia was not here and would not come either, apart that he didn‘t know, where this Elsie was living. He turned Grey around and followed Vince out of the village through some fields of grain.  

H.Kupfdrubus

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2006, 05:19:23 PM »

Tythle:
The elf steered his horse into the village, very aware of the fact that people were looking at Ishmaelion and him from almost closed windows. Not a nice village, he thought.
He steered his horse towards the inn where his companions were supposed to be, but to his unpleasant surprise, noone was there. Turning on his horse to Ishmaelion he said in his harsh tone:

It seems as though our companions have gone missing

Ishmaelion:
Sitting behind Tythle, Ishmaelion only noticed he was in the village when he saw the first houses by his side. What a ghastly village this is!
When they had reached the inn, the elf turned to and spoke.

Ishmaelion blinked and looked around. He unelegantly dismounted using a method that would most suit a rock falling from a tree. After he had gathered himself he turned upward to the elf.

Wait here, I will enquire in the inn if they have seen our friend.

He entered the inn.

Ishmaelion

Edited by: ishmaelion  at: 2/10/06 9:26 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]