Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2C: Disappearing into the Light  (Read 29165 times)
Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2006, 07:12:23 PM »

„Well, then come in and lay him on the  bench over there. I will go and ask Pellaghia , if she can come.  “

He vanished in the next room, from where voices could be heard. Soon afterwards Pellaghia came over, greeted all and looked then at Jeb's bandages.

„The bandages look quite good, but I don‘t like the fact, that he is still unconscious, Have you given him the drops I sent with the boy?“  she looks around, but sees only people shaking their heads. With an stressed voice she continues. „Then let us give them to him now. If his heart is better, the whole body is better. I will undue your bandage now, for it could press to strongly on the injured skull and cause the unconsciousness, or at least prolong it. I need hot water, there is still some over there on the hearth, please get me some and fresh cloth as well. Hiero, you know how to assist, come over and help me.“

Carefully she removed the bandages. The blood was dried and Pellaghia could dap the most away. Jeb had quite an awful looking head wound and his skin needed to be stitched together. Pellaghia had it soon done, experienced she was quite quick. afterwards she put an assortment of fresh herbs on the wound and put just a light bandage over it.

„So, that will stop the last bleeding and help to heal. But when he will be awake again, and if at all, I don‘t know. “

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »

Hiero did as he was told and fetched the desired cloth and the water. When she had finished, he sighed and said to Pellaghia.
„Pellaghia, he has to be conscious son, he might be able to tell us something about the men who captured Mimi. At least this boy said something about it

H.Kupfdrubus

Edited by: Hieronimus Kupfdrubus at: 3/17/06 10:17
Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2006, 07:20:23 PM »

Pellaghia‘s face went white.

„ For what for purpose do men catch and kidnap a little girl they don‘t even know to whom she belongs? She isn‘t dressed as if she would have rich parents! Boy, what do you know?“

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2006, 06:10:23 AM »

Tythle stood still during Jebs quick re-bandagng took place. Now that the old man was no longer a concern the tanned ranger pondered the little girls fate. He hoped that fate had been kind and that the child was well and whole in body and mind. His eyebrows rose a bit when he remembered Scion was still looking for Mimi, so there still was the possiblity of finding her even if Jeb did not wake from his deep sleep. He stepped forward makeing little sound and took a spot beside Pellaghia, "Scion is still flying above us looking for her in the forest areas near by, he will look faithfully until he finds her or...until I give him the oder to stop, there is still hope."

Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2006, 06:55:23 AM »

Jonah

Switching nervously from one foot to the other, Jonah waited as Jeb was carried inside, following the men silently. He was a constant shadow of the adults, peering around them as he attempted to watch Pellaghia tend to Jeb. Blanching at the sight of the bloody wound, his eyes widening in surprise at the amount of blood, he rushed to Jeb's side, worriedly peering over him.

"Will he be alright? I don't know what I'd do without him!"

As Pellaghia confronted him, Jonah slowly backed away, glancing back and forth nervously until his back slammed against the wall. Swallowing nervously, he stuttered slightly as he began to answer.

"A red haired goddess rode through the field, garbed in green. Suddenly, demons arose from the ground, riding dark unholy steeds. Fearsome they were, wielding swords of flame. Jeb wielded only a hoe, fighting valiently as he defended the maiden's honor, failing nonetheless. Falling to the ground, his wounds mortal, Jeb watched helplessly as the maiden was carried away."

Glancing toward Jeb, a smile spread across the boy's face.

"His eyes are fluttering! He's about to awake!"

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2006, 12:08:23 AM »

The philosopher had watched the whole seen with a sort of absence of mind which always took hold of him when he had been angered. Damn the ignorance of the people!
The news about Mimi's possible kidnapping really shook him too, he was not accustomed to such barbarism.

He leaned forward when the old injured man seemed to be waking.

Ishmaelion

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2006, 03:55:23 AM »

Vince stood near the door, all but fed up with this child.  Their only hope was that Jeb woke up and was well enough to tell them what had happened to Mimi.  If not, Vince could try and track the band down, but he did not know this area, and really did not want to have to escape from the band in unfamiliar territory if they set a trap.  Vince stood up and walked over to Tythle and whispered to him, “We cannot wait too much longer, every second we wait for Jeb Mimi gets further away.  I can track the group, who took her but I do not know how well Hiero would fair, and Pellaghia would no doubt want to come with.  We will need a plan for finding Mimi if Jeb does not tell us anything in the next day or two.  Vince hoped that what he suspected was true.  A pet like Scion was the pet of a hunter or a tracker.  Vince knew he could track, and with Tythle’s help, they could find the band and probably take Pellaghia and Hiero with, though fighting an armed band it would be better if they stayed.  He had no idea about the abilities of Ishmaelion, but he doubted he would be much help in tracking or fighting.  

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2006, 06:12:23 AM »

Tythle absently nodded, his mind switching on to a more of a planning mode. "You are right of course, and if those bandits are on foot, or even mounted, they are most likely tiring by now and have slowed their pace. It would be best of we could start this day, not the next, to track Mimi." He fully turned now facing Vince fully. Worry could be seen clearly on the rangers face. He always liked children, and Mimi seemed the sort that you could easily become good friends with.

"Do you think that they would let us go on ahead today and they could catch up in the next few days or so?" At the moment Tythle doubted it but he was still hopeful that they could get out there as soon as possible when the tracks where still relatively fresh.

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2006, 01:24:23 PM »

"Do you think that they would let us go on ahead today and they could catch up in the next few days or so?"

“Doubtfully, but we don’t have much of a choice.  I am already packed for a long trip north.  We must try to see if the others will let us go on ahead.”  Vince grimaced, hoping that the two of them could go on ahead, but also hoping that if they did, the others would not get lost behind them.  

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2006, 08:46:23 AM »

Hieronimus watched Pellaghia mending the headwound again, and it seemed to help. Jeb‘s eyes were fluttering. Hiero prayed with all his might to his god, that Jeb would know something. Not that Grothar was the god who was very knowing in fulfilling wishes of that kind, but it helped to soothe his upset emotions.

„Pellaghia, he moves! and addressing the old man himself, he nearly shouts:

„Jeb, wake up, we need you! “

In this moment he realises, that Jeb‘s wife is not in the room, nor the man who was on the field - where were they gone? But he didn‘t ask, nor did it bother him in the moment.

H.Kupfdrubus

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2006, 06:57:23 AM »

„I see it Hiero, be quiet, it may disturb him.“

She looked at the slightly moving Jeb, rearranged the cushion under his head and stood up.

„There is nothing I can do for him now. Stay here and watch him, if he awakes he might try to get up what should of course not be allowed. I have to go back to Elsie! Please, be careful with him, and tell me, if he has said something about Mimis whereabouts.“

With her face showing her sorrow about her missing granddaughter she left the room.

Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2006, 12:39:23 PM »

Jeb

His eyes open fully as he glances about the room, taking in his surroundings. With a shout, he tries to rise, his hands flying to his head as he collapses on the floor, kneeling next to the bed upon which he had lain. His gaze is steely and unwavering as he looks at each stranger in turn, his lips pressing together in determination. Lifting his head as his fists clench, he speaks in quiet yet confident tones.

“Come to finish what ye started? Ye will find me to be more difficult than a mere girl. May Queprur forever condemn your souls for daring to harm a youth. Attack me if you dare! Until my dying gasp emanates from my lips, I will fight you.”

Once more he tries to rise before finally accepting that his balance is not as it should be. Blood soaks the bandages upon his head as the wound is reopened.  

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2006, 01:28:23 AM »

“Jeb, you know me! I‘m Hieronimus Kupfdrubus and you are here in Elsies and Aron‘s house and Pellaghia who you know as well is helping her to get her child. Lie down again, your headwound has broken up again.“

Pellaghia had said to watch out and that h might move, but this had happened so quickly none of them had reacted.

Hiero bends towards Jeb and tries to help him back to the bench. He hopes Jeb recognises him, for he, Hiero might be well known here, but he does not know every villager along the Mithral coast and he is not sue about Jeb.

“Jeb, we need to know, what happened to Mimi! what can you tell us. Thee men here have nothing to do with it, they came with Pellaghia, Mimi and me from the shelter down south the Mithral road.“

H.Kupfdrubus

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2006, 07:00:23 PM »

Ishmaelion startled when the man suddenly woke up and spoke up. He was glad that Hieronymus reacted so swiftly and with a soothing tone. Ishmaelion knew that he would probably only add to the poor old mans confusion by being there so he walked softly towards the door where Vince and Tythle stood and he whispered softly.

Maybe it is wise for us strangers to leave now, we would only cause old Jebb more confusion. Hieronymus seems perfectly capable of talking to the old man and a friend is often trusted more when talking to alone.

Ishmaelion

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2006, 11:06:23 AM »

Vince nodded at Ishmaelion, “We could get a head start in looking for these men.  What do you say Tythle?  This is probably the best chance that Mimi has, unless Jeb over there knows where they are heading.”

He sighed, thinking about how Heiro and Pellaghia would find them.

“But if we do go now, one of us would have to stay behind with Heiro and Pellaghia, I doubt that either could track the riders, or us for that matter.  But if we wish to catch the riders, we would have to leave this instant.”

This situation did not please Vince one bit.  But still, there was nothing he could do, he simply hoped his new friends would have a better plan than him.

Edited by: Vince Dark at: 4/13/06 3:07
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]