Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2C: Disappearing into the Light  (Read 29509 times)
Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2006, 05:50:23 AM »

"That is true my friend," Tythle scratched his head thinking about their delay. "Well your mount is defiantly faster than mine, why don't you go and I will follow with Heiro and the others.?" He offered eyebrows rose in question.

Scion gave a whistle from outside letting his master know that he was back. Tythle hurried outside and brought his bird back into the house. It looked like the two of them conversed in some way before Tythle looked up with a smile on his face. "Scion has found a group of man traveling about 10 strong just north of were Jeb was found."

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2006, 07:26:23 PM »

Ishmaelions forehead wrinkled when he heard the news Tythle brought them. Ten men? How are we going to best them?

"Dear friends, how are we going to handle this? We are but with the three of us currently, while Hieronymus and Pelaghia are still busy handling the injured man and the pregnant woman.
What can we do? Ten men is a lot, and I do not doubt you prowess in battle, but I am afraid I would already have troubles handling one of them. Maybe we could sent one of us to keep tracking them, and see if there is a smart way to get Mimi out without too much fighting.
Tythle, could your bird be atuned to Vince and thus able to corespond to us his exact location? Whe could then follow Vince, while he is tracking the bandits."

Ishmaelion waited in silence while his thoughts were racing through his philosophical head.  

Ishmaelion

Tasuli Rose
Duke of Chylikis
Approved Character

Half-elf Ylfferhim / Erpheronian

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2006, 08:59:23 AM »

Jeb

Recognition seemed to flicker across the old man’s eyes as the former cleric spoke. Having calmed somewhat, Jeb pulled himself back up on the makeshift bed, holding his head with one hand, his gaze curiously peering at the strangers, not trusting them as any sensible inhabitant of Holt would. Still, he knew something of Hiero, if only by reputation. It was enough for him that these strangers were trusted by a devotee of Grothar. Speaking slowly as his strength had not yet entirely returned, he answered the questions to the best of his ability.

“Mimi? The name is unfamiliar to me. Perhaps you mean the sweet girl in a faded green dress. She had barely reined her horse to a halt as she enquired about the way to Holt in a voice a lark would envy before being set upon by those men. I am no hero, but I could allow them to take the child. The fool that I am, I attacked three armed men with only a hoe. Without even glancing at me, one of them struck me with the hilt of his sword. As I fell to the ground, my last sight before the light faded was of the three of them riding away from the rising sun, the girl carelessly tossed across one of their saddles, bawling for what my ears heard as ‘Pelahia’. If only I were more than a simple villager, then perhaps the villains would not have taken her so easily.”

His eyes closed as his head dipped forward onto his chest, sleeping soundly and snoring loudly, his unconscious body not offering any resistance as Hiero’s gentle hands laid him upon the bench once more.

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2006, 02:59:23 AM »

Hieronimus sighed. Jeb had fallen in a deep sleep which was no better than when he had been unconscious. But at least he had met Mimi, for the girl he had defended had called out for Pellaghia.

“There, three armed men riding away from the rising sun.“ Hiero gets up and joins the other three men at the door. he hasn‘t heard about what Tythle has told the others about what Scion has seen.

““What are we doing now? Away from the rising sun could mean, they took the road to Rolyri. The pass between Erandor‘s thumb and the Bald Mountain  is quite low and easy accessible. I‘m worrying a bit, that I could hold you up, for now we have to be quick to catch up with them. “

H.Kupfdrubus

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2006, 03:05:23 AM »

OOC: Look at the map I posted in the OOC thread!

H.Kupfdrubus

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2006, 01:58:23 AM »

Ishmaelion heard the words of Hieronymus and pondered on the question before them.

My friends, it seems as though we are presented with two different choices, Tythle's bird has found riders in an other direction than the direction the old man says they took Mimi. What should we do? I know swiftness is necessary, and I am afraid I also will slow you down. What should we do?

Ishmaelion

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2006, 02:18:23 AM »

Vince sat next to the door, his eyes low, and one hand on his forehead, the other across his stomach. “I have an idea.” Vince said, his voice low. “I can track the group of ten riders, see if they have Mimi or not, if Tythle can have Scion follow me, then I can send you a message some how, a note or simply telling the bird if they have Mimi or not.  If they don’t, then Scion can lead me back to you, who would track the three armed men.  I am worried that the three men could have either joined the ten riders, or are going to join the ten riders.  This reminds me of a time I was tracking a pack of wolves, we suspected them of killing a number of our herd, only this time, instead of blood I am looking for a little girl.” Vince paused for a moment and looked at the floor. “Regardless of what we do, we must hurry, we can not delay any longer.”

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2006, 03:08:23 PM »

Tythle nodded as Vince spoke the plan out. "Yes Scion could follow you as a guide and as a messenger. I see how your plan could work my friend." He turned to Hiero and  Ishmaelion. "Are you up for an adventure?" He smiled as he said this for he so did enjoy traking and being in the woods, hunting in a way. He went over in his mind what he would need to have inorder to track these men and to hopfully find Mimi.

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »

Are you up for an adventure?

At this Ishmaelion smiled, and pattd his companions on the shoulder.

Always my friends, always!

Ishmaelion

Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2006, 02:14:23 AM »

“Good, I will leave to the north to track the group of ten riders.  I hope to see the rest of you soon.” With that, Vince turned and left the house, he ran over to Shen and Vah, both were eager to get moving.  He rubbed Vah’s wooly head and scratched him behind his ears. “I’m sorry little friend, you need to ride on Shen for a while.” Vince picked up Vah, and set him on top of Shen, then swung himself over Shen, with Vah in front of him.  He whispered in his ear, “Run north, be swift and quiet, we’re going hunting.”  Vince grinned and pulled his spear out from the pack behind him as Shen ran.  He held the spear close to Shen and took off the leather sack he had around the tip, so it wouldn’t accidentally cut something, and put the pouch back in his pack.  Within a few moments, Vince was out of Holt and into the windy rolling hills.

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Edited by: Vince Dark at: 5/3/06 18:16
Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2006, 01:04:23 AM »

"I'm afraid I will only hinder you in your forthcoming, you need to ride fast if you want to catch up with these bandits. I will follow slowlier. Are you going to take the other road now?" Hiero asked Tythle and Ishmaelion.

H.Kupfdrubus

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2006, 11:07:23 AM »

Tythle nodded "I would like to leave as soon as possible, but we should get some suplies, I personally don't want to run around in the forest with no food or shelter, though I could provide both in a fasion after the elven way I bet you both prefer to be on the ground when you go to sleep." Tythle talked in elvish and Scion a moment or two beofre letting the hawk out through the window after Vince.

The bird flew along smoothly katching up with the speedy elf with little effort. The bird flewlow and set off afew whistes to let Vince know that he was there and tagging along for the ride. The bird took note of any land marks that he could send to Tythle later to help them find where they were headed.

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2006, 01:36:23 AM »

„Well, then, you two try to speed up and I will follow you with Grey as quickly as I‘m able to. I think, that Elsie can provide you with what you need. it is the granddaughter of the woman who looks after her after all. “

Hieronimus left the room to look after Elsie‘s husband Aaron, who might be able to give him, what he needs. It didn‘t take long, and both men reappeared with the arms full of stuff, food mainly, drinks and food for the horses.

„Here we are, anything else you need?“

H.Kupfdrubus

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2006, 04:40:23 PM »

Ishmaelion walked around, the thrill of a chase giving him energy beyound his age.

Yes Tythle, let's get moving!

He took hold of most of the supplies Hieronymus brought and stuffed them in a bag he had carried with him. Turning to Tythle he said:

Could you carry the rest with you? Then we can go, and may the love of Seyella shine upon our brows!

Ishmaelion

Edited by: ishmaelion  at: 5/17/06 8:43

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2006, 01:48:23 AM »

"Yes, Notre will be able to take the rest, she is young and strong, she will be able to bear it long and well." He grabbed the last of the supplies and walked outside the gray sky still looking like it was threatening rain but the ranger had bigger things on his mind than the weather. Calling Notre over to him the elf began to get ready, with speed and accuracy he finished his pack in only moments later, he turned toward the house and waited for the other two to join him.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]