Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter 2C: Disappearing into the Light  (Read 29166 times)
Vince Dark
New Santharian

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2006, 10:56:23 AM »

Vince wasn’t having a hard time tracking these riders to the north, they made no attempt to hide their movements what so ever.  Shen ran swift, bounding over the terrain much easier than any horse would.  I will catch up to them before sundown, I know that much Vince thought, But I may not be able to see Mimi in the dark…we must quicken the pace  Vince leaned in and tucked his bods as close to Shen as he could and said, “Faster my friend, faster!”

"How do you dream? I mean, what can you dream of; if from under your forest ceiling you have never seen the stars?"

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2006, 04:11:23 AM »

Before he walked after Tythle, Ishmaelion turned around to Hieronymus and suddenly felt sorry for the old man, staying behind, when the smell of an adventure is rising...

Hieronymus, friend, will it suffice for you to stay here? do you not feel the stirring of greatness, the heaviness of the air around you. The winds changing, blowing towards adventure? Seyella herselfs is aroused and is watching this very instant. My friend, I have the feeling this will not be just some quest to rescue Mimi, but that there will be more greatness in the end. Will you not rather accompany Tythle and me? Give your hart to faith, and live the life it gives you.

With these words, he extended his hand to the former priest.

Will you come with us?

Ishmaelion

Edited by: ishmaelion  at: 6/27/06 20:13

Hieronimus Kupfdrubus
Cleric of Grothar
New Santharian

Human, Stratania

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2006, 05:35:23 AM »

Hieronimus took the hand the philosopher held out for him in both of his own, and with a sad smile he answered:

„Ishmaelion, I appreciate, that you invite me, but I feel, that I will hinder you in finding Mimi quickly. Go on, and try your best. I will follow you as soon as possible and if it is Grothar‘s wish I will be able to meet you again. Just journey quickly and find our little girl!“

Abruptly he turns around and leaves the room. He doesn‘t want Ishmaelion to see his longing to accompany him and his tears of desperation for his age doesn‘t allow him to join the two.

H.Kupfdrubus

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2006, 04:11:23 AM »

Tythle silently put the finishing touches on packing as he listened to the two of them discuss whether or not Hieronymus would come. The ranger himself thought that his company would be welcomed but as the old priest said, speed was desperately needed at this moment. He clinched the last strap and turned lightly putting his hand on Ishmaelions shoulder. "Come, we need to get moving, and though feel the same as you do about Hieronymus not coming we have no other choice presented to us."

His voice cracked a little causing the rasping part of his voice to sound worse, but the ranger ignored the signs of his voice, if he needed to talk he would do so with out considering the pain. Tythle motioned for the philosopher to mount first, the saddle was large enough that it would not be a very uncomfortable ride if both rode the horse.

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2006, 04:15:23 AM »

Ishmaelion watched the old man turn away and his hart was moved. He was sure his roads would cross Hyronymus' again, by Seyella wish.

"Come, we need to get moving, and though feel the same as you do about Hieronymus not coming we have no other choice presented to us."

Ishmaelion turned towards the elf and nodded, bereft of words. He quietly tried to mount the horse, but his clumsiness forced him to utter some murmuring curses, and it took some time untill he was finally on top of the beast.

He motioned to Tythle, still keeping silent, wishing to embark on et another adventure, ready to embark into the unknown.  

Ishmaelion

Mimi Dorgren
Sunspark
Approved Character

Human, Avennoria

« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2006, 05:35:23 AM »

Pellaghia

Tythle was just about to mount his horse, as the door of the house opened and Pellaghia appeared.

„You two, wait a moment!“

Shortening her skirts, she hurried towards them. Looking up to Ishmaelion already sitting on Tythle‘s horse, she told him.

„Ishmaelion, you need an own horse, then you two will be quicker. Aron is about to saddle mine again and has put as much provisions in the saddlebags as they had in store and could do without. Please take it, it is a nice and friendly horse, not too fast, I fear, but good to have.“

In this moment Aron came around the corner with Pellaghia‘s horse in the lead. Most of his ancestors must have been southern Sarvonian Draught horses, though it was slightly smaller than those. Its back was broad and its shoulder heavy. It stood about four fores at the withers, had a fairly light coat and an even lighter mane and tail. The feathery hairs around its hooves reminded on its distant ancestor, the Kev‘lor.

Looking at both, Ishmaelion and Tythle with sorrowful eyes, she said.

„Please take my horse, and hopefully Seyella will bless you and you will find Mimi soon. “

Her face hardened; obviously she was trying to hold her tears back. Abruptly she took the lead out of Aron‘s hand, who was waiting next to her, and puts it in Tythle‘s hand.

„Take it, and be back soon with my grandchild.“

Her voice was harsh, at the point of breaking, and so she turned around and went back to the door. There she looked a last time to the both travellers, with whom her hope lied.

„Go!“ she murmured, „Go and hurry!“  

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2006, 06:55:23 AM »

Ishmaelion nodded at Pellaghia, she spoke wise words.
He watched as the horse was brought out and was relieved that it didn't look all too scary, him not being such a good animal person.

Trying to dismount, he fell, recovered himself and walked to the horse Pellaghia had mentioned. He stroked his mane and spoke some gibberish words no-one would have been able to understand. Then he tried to mount him and succeeded splendidly (If you call falling of twice and cursing aloud thrice splendid)

When he was mounted he motioned to Tythle:

Friend, on we will go! For Seyella's sake, and Mimi's!

Ishmaelion

Tythle Fi thea
New Santharian

« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2006, 09:13:23 AM »

Tythle's respect for the older woman grew greatly when she handed over the new horses reins. He was about to thank her but she left to quickly for him to get the words out. His heart ached when he thought of the terrible pain that her heart must be going through at the mere thought of what type of danger Mimi could be in.

Friend, on we will go! For Seyella's sake, and Mimi's!

The ranger had been so caught up in his own world that he had missed the struggles of Ishmaelion and felt a little bad at not being coherent enough to help. Giving a little sigh he mounted Notre with grace and ease. Then after a brief check over of his bow and arrows, Tythle gave Notre the go ahead and started off at a brisk walk at first. The elf wanted to make sure that Ishmaelion would be able to stay on his mount before getting into a faster pace. "Are you ready my friend? If so give your horse a kick." Notre sped up a little, wanting to run but holding herself at a slow trot.

Ishmaelion
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2006, 07:18:23 PM »

"Are you ready my friend? If so give your horse a kick."

Ishmaelion produced a big smile which seemed to split his face in two, he was obviously enjoying himself tremendously.

Tythle, my friend, this will be one hell of a ride!

After that he kicked his horse and almost fell over as the horse bursted forward in a fast run, almost like a sandroller which rolls over the dunes. He swiftly passed Tythle and laughed heavily the whole time; this was the life!

Ishmaelion

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]