Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter One: Infiltration  (Read 20909 times)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2001, 02:46:22 PM »

Terra looks to Talia. "He is right though. I does not matter why. I agree with his plan, it allows us the inisiative, and to make our impression on our own terms. Some say the first impression is the most important, I believe in this situation a bad impression may cost us your lives, and for this reason I would rather have it made on our terms." Terra remembers she is still holding her dagger, and slides it into its sheath, still holding the sharpening stone.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2001, 08:48:22 AM »

With a fierce smile I turn to Talia. "I would be a terrible knife thrower because I would hardly miss my targets and I won't play the clown! I sometimes feel like it in real life already!"
As Avour yawns I add pointing at her. "See, she's against it, too!"

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2001, 11:54:22 AM »

Oh, well. I thought it was a good idea. I think to myself. But as I considered the others arguements and disappaprovals I realized that they were right. I hold my peace until the room becomes silent. Then I say. "Ok, no carnivals. We go in as a small groups. First group will be Koldar and Terra mercenaries looking for work. Two leagues behind them will be Talia and Avour, Talia go into your fortune telling routine, use Avour as an attention getter. Silfer and I will be last. Koldar do your best to find this contact. Others just gather as much information as you can about the city. We meet later that evening at the inn Koldar names. You do know of an inn in Strata, Koldar? Name it. Silfer and I will be waiting there with rooms reserved. If you do not know of an inn then we meet back outside of Strata's western wall about a half league and we discuss what we have found or discovered. If there are no more objections then I suggest as Avour is displaying that we get some shut eye. Koldar, Silfer and I will be across the hall. You Ladies stay here for the night. We leave before dawn."

I await Koldar's naming of the inn, if he knows one. Or other objections.  

With deepest regards,Capher

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2001, 09:30:22 PM »

Avour hears her name again and her ears prick back. Shaking her head a little, and rubbing her eyes again she catches the last half of what Capher has just said.

Walking to wards the corner opposite her she turns around twice and slowly lowers herself at the same time until she is curled up in a cute ball. Yawning she looks at up at nothing in particular and smiles “Sleep good She Humans. Sleep good He Humans. Sleep good Elf Kin” and promptly falls asleep.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”               – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2001, 01:38:22 AM »

Terra watches Avour curl up an go to sleep, then turns to the rest. "I will be ready. Where could one get a warm bath? I need it desperately"

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2001, 03:43:22 AM »

Looking to Terra Talia says: „I‘m afraid we will have to look for ourselves where the baths are, I haven‘t seen any  of the house personal today, but I would like one for myself.“

Then  she goes over to Koldar still smiling: „Sorry Koldar, I didn‘t want to offend you, I just was imagine us all as a carnival troop and found it very funny indeed.“
Turning back to the others, leaning against the wall she answers Capher:
„Oh Capher, I think you misunderstood me, I don‘t have a fortuneteller routine as you put it. I can‘t change this easily, I don‘t have any equipment, I will have to buy it first. Or better someone else should buy me a shirt, a skirt  and a cloak with a hood, then I can buy the other things I need. I think it would look quite suspicious if a woman with a Shendar armour, a sword and a noble Ai‘ buys some old clothes.“
And looking to the fast asleep Avour she asks: „Does anyone know if she is here by foot? Maybe I can take her with me,  think she is the only person Swing might accept on her back if she can talk with the animals as she said.“
Thinking for a while she adds:
„I have to ride into Strata and will be seen with my Ai‘, then I need a good inn with a good place for Swing  and ever a better one and secure one for my sword. And a room next to the back door so that nobody can observe my change.....It is not as easy as it looked in the beginning.“  

"Imagination is more important than knowledge; for knowledge is limited whileimagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2001, 03:59:22 AM »

"Hmm.. the clothes Talia I can get. What size?" I ask her. "Terra and Talia there is a large tub of water in our room. You can use that for your baths, Koldar, Silfer and I will wait here until you are done. As far as Avour riding, I do not know if she came on a horse. Guess we will have to wait until morning to ask her. Silfer how about you come with me and help me track down the clothes Talia needs and along the way I'll fill you in on what is happening and then let you decide whether or not you want to join us."

I await Talia's sizes before I leave the room with Silfer.

Wisdom is given to those who exercise it.

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2001, 06:32:22 AM »

I realize that i must have dozen off, because the conversation has gone far away. I catch the last thing Capher says,that if i can help him with buing clothes. I concentrate,and get the conversation up in my mind. "Yes, why not." I say to Capher. "But where shall we do that, and when? Its coming late." Some sleep would be appreciated... i think to myself."And one more thing,when do we sart tomorrow?"  

Wisdom is only possesed by the learning.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2001, 06:36:22 AM »

"No offense taken, Talia."
As Capher asks Talia about her size my fierce smile turn into a wide, childish grin as I watch Talia.
"Capher, where did you learn such behaviour? Asking a lady about her size. Ts, ts,... Oh Dear! ...But I have to admit..." my smile grows even wider. "...if my education wouldn't prevent it I would be as curious about it."
Amused I blink at Talia as I don't want to push it too far and turn to Terra. "I assume you have a horse, Terra. If yes, I need to 'borrow' one somewhere as I don't have one."
Looking at Avour:"This might be one of the best ideas today. We should go to bed soon. I'll go for a walk in the garden. I haven't been in Strata for years and have to think about all the places I know. I might have an inn in mind already, Capher. But I want to be sure before I tell you the way there and what to expect."
As I leave the room for the garden I stop for a last word for Silfer: "I hope you'll stay with us, friend. Your powers and skills might be of great value on our journey as would be your advise."

I leave the room for the garden. 'Three years ago. Nearly a lifetime, it seems. I hope everything is still the way it was...' As I reach the garden I see the starfilled night 'Too many memories...'

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2001, 01:20:22 PM »

Terra turns to Koldar as he walks out the door, "Do not disturb my horse this night. He will not allow others to handle him unless I accompany them first, and he is sure I am in good company."

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2001, 11:45:22 PM »

"I must admit that if Talia wont kill Koldar,at least verbal,then i will be surprised" I laugh to myself. "But whatever will get out of this, it wont be boring." "Excuse me,but there is a question i need to ask Koldar" i say. "Capher,ill return soon." i say,and go after Koldar.

As i aproach Koldar he seems rather gone in memories. But i need to disturb him.
"Koldar, one thing before we leave for the night. Does this thieves guild or whatever we shall infiltrate have mages in their service?"

Wisdom is only possesed by the learning.

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2001, 12:18:22 AM »

As Avour lays down she almost immediately falls asleep. Remembering when Terra mentions that she would like a was that Avour herself wanted one also. However curled up in this comfortable position the wash bowl is just to far away at the moment.

Fidgeting about a little at the people still talking while she is asleep Avour wriggles about on to her other side so that she is facing the wall and rubs her arms a little trying to warm them up.

While inside was a lot warmer than sleeping outside in the forest, she usually had some type of cloak with her, which she seemed to have forgotten along the way. Only having the belongings with her what she’s either wearing or hiding on her person. No cloaks, no food supplies, no weapons and no horse.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”               – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2001, 09:02:22 AM »

Talia feels the need to laugh again but decides against it, though it is very hard for her, instead she doesn‘t  answer Koldar, but gives him now his fierce smile back. When he has left the room she turns to Capher saying:  „No problem, Capher, you can see for yourself that I‘m tall, so find something not to small and add a belt to my list so that I won‘t loose my skirt. I can look then for myself for additional things I need.“

„Terra, would you like to have your bath first? I have to look after Swing first so it would be convenient for me later?“ she is asking the other woman.
On her way out she sees Avour lying on the ground, curled up like her dune mouse. She moves over to her and looking at her she suddenly thinks of her lost daughter who might have the same age as Avour, though  Avour being an half elf could be older than she looks like. Out of a sudden impulse, Talia picks out of one of her pockets  a special small package , unfolds it and wraps Avour  in one of her most precious belongings, a Shendar desert cape, light and very thin, but warm as a thick blanket if necessary. With a last quick   glance the around the room she leaves for the stables.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge; for knowledge is limited whileimagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 11/28/01 12:05:28 am
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2001, 01:44:22 PM »

Terra turns to Talia as she moves to leave, and watches her cover the curled up elf with some sort of thin cape, then speaks. "If you do not mind,I will go with you. I have not yet tended to my horse this day. He is sure to be ill at ease, as I rarely neglect him this long."

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2001, 02:21:22 PM »

Avour feels suddenly warm now covered in Talia’s cape. Fidgeting a little now feeling warm she mumbles something that sounded like Thank You..

Now that there is little noise in the room Avour drifts off to sleep breathing deeply.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]