Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter One: Infiltration  (Read 21167 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2001, 04:35:22 AM »

I smile at Talia and leave the room. Now where am I going to get clothes for Talia at this time of night. I head outside as quickly as possible and begin scouring the streets. All the shops are closed for the night. Then as I turn the corner I hear the laughter of females. I look up and there on the balcony of an inn were some women enticing some of the men.  A Bordello I notice a rather tall woman standing next to a lighted window. She seems to be Talia's height. I walk up to the bordello and enter. Immediately I am surrounded by women of all shapes, sizes and smells. A big burly man asks me what I want. I smile and tell him. "I saw a rather tall woman upstairs on the balcony to the right of the door. I would like to be with her."  He gives me a stare, and laughs. "You old man. Ok, cost you though, Fatima is one of our most popular girls."  I reach into my cloak and pull out two pebble sized rubies. "Is this enough I ask?"  His eyes bug out of his head as he eagerly takes the gems. "Fatima," he yells "You have a customer."

She slinked down the stairway, talked quietly with the bouncer and then with a crook of her finger motioned me to follow her. I followed. We entered her room. She starts to undress. I walk up behind her and with a quick movement I hit her on the back of her neck. I catch her as she collapses. I search her room, grab the things I came for and going out the window. Fortunately, the others had gone inside. I jump from the balcony and make my way back to the inn. I go to our room and lay them on the bed.

Wisdom is given to those whom it knows.Capher

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2001, 07:45:22 AM »

„Oh yes, come with me, then I can introduce you to Swing. Maybe it is a good idea if she knows my companions. She doesn‘t allow any stranger to come near to her, but you never know what might happen and it might be necessary one day that she will allow another person to look after her.“
With these words Talia heads down the stairs and out the main door in the direction of the stables. Swing has patiently waited all day outside the buildings near the well, but as a desert animal the Ai`nuvic hasn‘t suffered in the heat of the day. Seeing Talia she emits sounds of joy and Talia herself is filled with a warm emotion towards her big friend. She caresses Swing behind her ears, removes now the  package which was still on her back. „ Listen Swing“, she whispers to the Ai‘, „ be nice to Terra when I introduce you to her, I‘ll get you some meet afterwards.“

"Imagination is more important than knowledge; for knowledge is limited whileimagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2001, 09:18:22 AM »

I watch the starfilled sky as I wander through the garden. 'The night is my day...' I remember an old saying.

My thoughts get interrupted when I hear someone following me. I turn around to see Silfer approaching me. I think about his question for a few moments
"Among their rows,...  seldom, I guess, but at their service for sure. I wouldn't worry about them, however, most thieves steal from mages and don't like them. But the fact that good thieves can rob mages should worry you and us. I don't know what we have to expect but when the thing Capher tries to find is as valueable as he says we have to assume the worst.
I fear Capher does not even consider what will happen if we cannot find an agreement with the guild. I have to."
I pause and look up into the sky.
"Beautiful nights here in the South. Most people believe that the darkness brings th evil, to me it brings rest."
I smile about my own nostalgic feelings. Looking at Silfer I smile even more.
"We'll make it but we have to be as tricky as thieves as well. Do you know some spells to confuse foes or distract them? Perhaps we can find some dirty purposes for your skills." I point at the stables.
"Let's go there. I've to look if  I... if Talia is there. Have to give her some tips and directions about Strata."

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2001, 02:14:22 PM »

Terra follows slightly behind as they head for the stables. When they arrived she kept a respectable distance from Talia and her animal, approaching the stable doors. Just before she came before this doors she wistled in two short and one long tone, close to each other. Following the tones a powerful black horse came through the doors, stopping before her with the diciplin of a well trained animal. Terra moved to the animals side, and begun unfastening the saddle, and removed the halter as she spoke evenly to her animal, "I am sorry my friend. I had no intention of neglecting you as I did.". After removing the saddle she took a square leather pouch that hung from the saddle horn, then removed the saddle blanket, folded it, and placed it in the pouch.

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2001, 09:08:22 PM »

Talia sees Terra coming and tending her horse. When she has the impression that she has finished she goes over to her, but not to near and says:
„Terra, may I you and your horse introduce to my Ai‘nuvic Swing ? Swing, this is Terra. Terra is a friend of me. Friend , Swing.“ With these words Talia goes over to Terra and touches her lightly. The Ai‘ seems to take a closer look at Terra, coming one step nearer and trying to inhale her smell. Then he snorts, shaking its head, finally it licks Talias face: „Stop it,“ Talia shouts, „you know I don‘t like it!“  Laughing she wipes her face with her sleeve, Swing turns around and goes in the direction of the well. „Oh well, that was successful, she tells Terra, seems she even likes you, otherwise she wouldn‘t  have shown me her wet affection!  I‘l be back in a minute, I promised her some meat, I will go and look in the kitchen for some!“

"Imagination is more important than knowledge; for knowledge is limited whileimagination embraces the entire world." - Albert Einstein

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2001, 09:37:22 PM »

I follow Koldar, forgetting about my promise to be back. I think a bit over his words, laying plans.
"To me, night brings thoughts, and often action."I say, smiling meaningfully.
" But what agreement can there be done?" I say." They wont give up a great emerald,especially if somebody in there knows its powers. Abd about my spells, lightning IS mind manipulating, but i am not that skilled there. But i know spells such as blinding, and opening locks. And i have a spell i think will fit in here, shocking grasp it is called. If i touch a normal person on bare skin when i use that spell, he or she will become unconcius for some hours or minutes. I cant think of more useful non-combat spells right now." I talk as i stare at the sky. "The night is indeed beautiful."

When Koldar says about why he want to go to the stables, i just cant hide a smile. " Tips about Strata,huh?" i think. "Well i wont hinder him."

Wisdom is only possesed by the learning.

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2001, 09:53:22 PM »

Avour wakes up with the feeling that she was falling, spreading her arms and legs out to stop her from the imaginary fall. “Avour No fall NO!” She shouts sleepily trying to focus and get her bearings on where she is.

Realizing that she is still in the tavern room rented by Capher. The air had become a little stuffy so she stands up and walks over to the window and pries it open grunting with the effort that is needed.

“Air fresh good!” She says to herself. Looking about the room she wonders how she can sleep so that she can breathe the fresh air. Avour walks back to where she was sleeping and wraps herself in Talia’s cloak and sits in the window frame facing out.

Leaning against the side of the window frame Avour drifts off to sleep again with half her body sitting out the window.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”               – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2001, 08:20:22 AM »

As we head for the stables me and Silfer continue our talk. I just try to explain: "Do you think they will lead us into their realm if we don't have something that sounds interesting for them? Without something like that our chances will be very small to get out alive, leaving alone finding this stone! We need something to barter."
I pause again to think about the situation and listen to Silfer's explanations of various spells...
"This doesn't sound too bad but I would suggest to keep your fingers from anything destructive as long as possible. Most of the sewers are very old and fragile. They might collapse over our heads... and we don't need to tell anyone too early what powers you have."
We are already near the stables and hear the voices of two people when our conversation ended. 'I hope I'll find a horse in there to borrow. When Terra thinks I'm walking all the way catching the dust from her horse, she is wrong.'
But one problem still worries me. Without it it will not work, with it will not be easy. 'At least a chance... I hope" I muse when I each the door to the stables.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2001, 10:53:22 AM »

After some time Talia comes back with the meat for  Swing. The Ai‘ seems very pleased and rubs his head on her shoulder.  Meanwhile Koldar and Silfer have arrive at the stables as well. So Talia goes over to them with Swing following her. „Good to see you, so Swing will know you as well, could come in handy, otherwise she might think of you as a tasty meal, who knows  - no , I‘m just kidding!“  The Ai‘ again snores at the two men and prefers to leave afterwards.
„Koldar, this beautiful night  should‘t be wasted with too much sleep. Why don‘t we go back in the garden and you tell one of your adventures? I think Silfer would appreciate it as well, aren't you Silfer?" Talia looks at Silfer in a way that he seems not to dare to say anything against it. "You mentioned dragons diving into the sea earlier, Koldar. I would love to know some more about this wonderful world I stranded in.“  Turning around she looks for Terra: „ Are you coming with us?“

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2001, 01:37:22 PM »

Terra speaks to Talia as she strokes the horses neck evenly, "I still need to get him some water.", then to Koldar "Koldar, I will introduce you formally in the morning, when he is more at ease. He will except you then on his back, if he will except you at the reanes, that will have to come later if needed.". Then turns and addresses Talia again, "Where could I get water for him?".

'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2001, 07:37:22 PM »

I listen to Talias talk to Koldar, and when i catch her look, she seems to want me to be there. "Well, that story might be intresting" i think. "But i wonder why she wants me to be there...I think i will leave them pretty soon."

"Yes, i would not have anything against a good story,and maybe tell you something myself if you allow." i say to them. "Lets go."  

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2001, 08:57:22 PM »

"Terra, look over there at these trees is the well, ah, Swing is going there, just follow her." And with a small laugh Talia adds: "Now that she knows you she will not think that this well belongs only to her!"  

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2001, 12:07:22 AM »

When Silfer and Koldar stand at the stable door Talia is coming from the well to meet us. Her Ai following right behind her.
As she asks if I might want to tell some tales I know about this world I look up, first at her then at Silfer. "Sure. Why not? Should we have a seat in the garden?"
Terra still has to care for her horse. It's a noble black one. "I see, Terra. Really a proud battlehorse, you have. It has fire. You can see it in its eyes. You might join us when you're finished. we will not hurry anyway."
Turning back to Talia and Silfer: "Okay my friends. What kind of story do you want to hear? A sad one, a happy one? A true one or one that is told by the elder? Let's see if we can find a suitable place in the garden."
I point at the path for the garden. "You can find us there, Terra but perhaps we should see if Avour wants to join us, too?"

Silfer Darkflare
Approved Character

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2001, 01:31:22 AM »

"Avour is sleeping, so far i feel it." i said. "And who knows how she willr eact if we wake her. And besides, if she sleeps,then she needs sleep. I suggest we let her sleep."

"About the story, tell us a good one, Koldar." I say with a smile.

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2001, 03:34:22 AM »

Avour falls asleep and begins to dream.

Fluni and Avour are running side by side in their forest home. Talia dresses in a delicate white dress is sitting in a patch of grass with Koldar sitting next to her, also wearing a delicate white outfit.

Terra is standing on the edge of the tree line watching over the group, while Silfer is fooling about with some small magical spells. Capher is talking with one of the birds laughing back and forth with each other.

Avour stops and listens to what Capher and the bird talk about and giggles also. She looks about the scene and smiles from ear to ear “Avour now have friends. Both kin kind!” She continues to grin.

Suddenly clouds appear in the previously perfectly blue sky. Thunderous clouds which bring lightening. Frightened Avour runs towards Capher, he disappears shortly before she reaches him, so she turns to Terra who is the next closest. She two disappears. Avour runs towards the other members of the group each in order of closeness however they all disappear.

Stoping in the small patch of grass where Talia and Koldar were sitting, she see’s her short young elven mother appear walking next to her doddering old human father. Both of her parents supporting horribly annoyed faces. Avour tries to move but her mother reaches out her hand and used magic to make her daughter stay still.

Once the strange couple are close enough, the cuts and bruises on Avour’s father become visible to her. Avour’s mother pulls at her child’s hand and cuts open the skin and squeezes the skin to pour the blood on her father’s wounds. All the while Avours resistance not being noticed by her mother.

Avour screams and tries to pull away, however nothing happens. Somehow Capher, Talia, and everyone else appears and they watch as her mother continues to cut Avour and squeeze her blood out.

Then out of the blue all Avour’s new friends are surrounding her pulling her mother off and pushing both parents away. Terra proving to be exceptionally useful at doing this.

Fluni reappears and starts prancing about the place again. Confused Avour stands in the middle of the grass patch with droplets of blood all over her body looking dumbfounded at what’s just happened.

When Avour wakes up she finds herself clinging to the frame of the window and feels suddenly left alone. Not wanting to go back to sleep immediately she walks down through the tavern and notices that there are several new faces there. She remembers that the others were saying something about their animals.

“Talia Friend!” She calls out and grabs Talia’s coat and notices that there are tiny dried up blood spots on her arms. “Koldar Friend!” Avour calls out sounding very distressed and lost. “Terra Friend! Silfer Friend!” Avour starts to become quite agitated and gets frightened in the strange place she’s found herself in.

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”               – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]