Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter V: The dangers of a voyage at sea  (Read 59627 times)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2002, 11:44:22 AM »

Koldar comes closer to Terra and Avour, telling Avour to stay with her, and indicates to Avour with a gesture of his finger that he is serious. Terra nod in agreement although a tiny distant voice told her to protest and insist Avour goes with him instead.

Once Koldar had left Avour tries to explain to her again what ever she had noticed. Terra finds her mind numb at the attempt of understanding the half-elf. "I am sorry Avour, I can not understand what you are trying to say. I can see it is important to you that we know, but we are all tiered, and worn out. We may understand after we have all had some sleep. Explain it to us then."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Life is a grim reality, through which only honor shines.'

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2002, 08:38:22 AM »

Talia carries her head unusually low, her shoulders show how tired she, her heart is hurting and her eyes are filled with tears. She tries hard to regain her normal confidence and blinks the tears away, maybe she needs just a bit sleep. She doesn‘t even know why she has acted as she did, now it seems silly to her. Something has to be wrong with her.

This time she finds easily  her way through the ship and is glad to find Swing well, though not very happy either, but quite upset. She comforts her, and  the ai‘nuvic lies down and Talia finds her rest next to her, her head resting on one of the ai'nuvics legs.

She had the impression, that someone had followed her and waited for the door to open......

But tired as she is, she is  asleep immediately. Her dreams however are unpleasant, turning around Capher, shapeshifting between brownie and his human form and something else Talia can‘t see clearly, and then this woman is here as well,not having a clear form either and on the other side of the two is Koldar standing with Soya close to him . Talia wants to get past the two shapeshifters in her dream to get to him, but she doesn‘t succeed.

***Astropic of the day***

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 7/14/02 9:19:48 am
Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2002, 07:04:22 PM »

"I am sorry Avour, I can not understand what you are trying to say. I can see it is important to you that we know, but we are all tiered, and worn out. We may understand after we have all had some sleep. Explain it to us then."

Avour uncustomarily groans in frustration. Having taken a disliking to Issa' for upsetting Talia. "No!" Avour says. "Avour-kin explain to Talia-kin then!" She says walking off in the direction that Talia and Koldar had walked off in. "Oh nasty bad words!" She tries to swear.

"Some-kin have to understand Avour-Halfling!"

“You’d be lost if I wasn’t here to annoy you”
             – Little Sister speaking to Big Sister.......
Character Description

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2002, 01:33:22 AM »

Terra puts a hand on Avours shoulder to stop her.

"Avour, I know what you are saying. I have heard it before. I just don't understand your point. We are all vary tierd. Everything will be far more clear after we all have some sleep."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2002, 01:33:22 PM »

With a sigh Avour glances over her shoulder at Issabelle, not liking the woman for being the one to upset Talia. Looking at Terra she nods. "Find Talia-Kin, Little-kin, Strange-kin then rest yes." Avour says yawning. Wanting more than ever to stay up and talk to Talia, however knowing that with the sudden and unwanted burst of sleepiness, she yawns again and makes a funny noise while yawning. Holding on to her stomach as it grumbles.

"Avour-Halfling have good suggestion, no find others first. Find food first. Eat, Avour-Halfling tummy talking." She says patting it. Mid way though a third yawn in as many minuets Avour blinks slowly and rubs her eyes. "Avour-Halfling have another better suggestion." Pausing nodding her head. "Just sleep-shut-eye." Scratching her arm she walks towards the man hole.

Remembering that Koldar told her to stay with Terra Avour suddenly stops and turns around. Pleading with her eyes Avour looks back down the man hole and yawns twice.

Character Description

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2002, 02:40:22 PM »

"Lets get some sleep then." Terra says with a hint of warmth to her cool tone, and lead Avour down into the ship. When she was sure the woman would not here her, she spoke up again, "There is something strange about that woman. She speaks almost as Capher does, but with less words. As open as she appears to be she hides something. Everyone has things they hide, some how hers makes me uncomfortable."

Terra continues walking through the corridors in silence. Despite her outward appearance of strength, her energy had long since gone. Her discipline, and will are all that remain to drive her forward, and prevent her from collapsing in exhaustion.
In her exhausted state she could feel her resistance to her dark memories weakening. If she were not able sleep soon they would eventually overwhelm her, and may even drive her insane.

Terra and Avour eventually come to the room, Terra removes an old blanket from her pack and offered it to Avour.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2002, 03:13:22 AM »

As Koldar stands before the door is rather unsure what to do. -Why is Talia behaving so strange? She barely knows him! -
Pausing for another few seconds he finally sighs and silently he slips through the door. Several horse heads are turning but otherwise the room seems entry.
-Darn! He could not have missed her!- Carefully he walks to the horse boxes not wanting to be loud, the horses are nervous enough. He gives Soor-avash an assuring pat on its nose when it greets him. All horses seemed to be kept well, as well as possible given this is a ship, at least. Koldar silently walks over to the box where Talia's Swing is supposed to be and stops as he sees Talia sleeping her head resting on one of Swing's head.

Koldar considers waking her but he doesn't want to disturb her, he forgot what he wanted to say anyway. Her sleep seems unsteady and Koldar wonders what she might be dreaming about.
Thinking that the last day was pretty much exhausting enough to make a mountain troll fall asleep in exhaustion he does not care much though and so he decides to leave her there. Before doing so though he removes his green, old shabby, travel coat from his back and carefully hulls Talia into the cloth against the coldness.
Done that he watches her sleep a few more moments and then decides to leave. After that he returns to the deck and sees that the others have gone.
-Must have gone to bed. What a good idea!- he thinks smiling. But for him there are still other matters to attend to. He knees down on the foor of the bow of the ship enjoying the fast winds blowing into his face. Relaxing he settles down half thinking about the last days half meditating. "You test me hard, Might one, ..." he mumbles but then goes quiet and watches the waves instead.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
--Santharian Master of Disaster--
One day I'll be the greatest of all Jedi!!

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2002, 03:46:22 PM »

Avour follows Terra to the room and then crawls on to one of the wooden planks after looking and studying it closley. Moving her knees up to her chest she falls asleep on her side.

ooc - sorry it's short, not sure what else to post at the moment.

Character Description

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2002, 11:37:22 PM »

Capher, crawls out of the little fella's pocket.  He slowly crawls down the shirt and makes his way to the edge of the wooden plank that the little fella was sleeping on.    I must get to Talia he thinks to himself.    But where in Coor's name am I ?

Capher's memory has huge gaps in it.  He remembers some things but cannot remember others.  He knows he must get to Talia but cannot remember why?  He just knows he must get to her.  He looks down from the edge of the wooden plank like bed.    This is impossible!!  How am I suppose to get down from here?

He looks around and then hears a sound, he looks toward what seems like a huge doorway, another little fella, like the one he was in the pocket of walks in the opening.  He stops next to the bed and begins to rummage through the sleeping fella's pockets.  Capher hides under the musty blanket the little fella was sleeping on. Some lice jump around.  Capher grabs one and eats it.  It stops his stomache from grumbling a little.

He watches intently from his hiding place.  Then another one joins this one.  They begin to talk.  "Say mate if the Captain catches you he'll hang you from the yardarm?"

"Ah who cares, they are all going to be killed and thrown overboard soon anyway and the women sold to the slave merchants at Shan' Thai."

The second one rubs his hands gleefully together and scratches his crotch.  "Well I hope the Captain allows us to sample the female goods before we turn them over to Hassan, the flesh trader.  I fancy that new one we picked up."

"Aye, I fancy that redhead.  And I know that Igor fancies the strange looking green one.  And we all know that the Captain fancies the dark haired one called Talia.  She looks and acts like she would be a spitfire in the sack?" he laughed wickedly.

The first one gets done searching the little fella's pockets. "Ah, he has nothing! No gold, no gems, nothing!  I wish I knew where that fella was that gave the Captain those jewels?  Did you ever see such perfect jewels in your life?  He must be somewhere?  Come on lets go look for him?  

They both made their way quietly out of the room.  Capher thought over all that he heard.   I have to get to Talia, quickly.  

With that thought he looked around and saw a piece of rope at the end of the bed hanging down, the end almost reaching down the floor.  He ran, jumped and grabbed hold of the rope. He began to slide down the rope, faster than he expected and he burned his hands.  He let go and fell the rest of the way to the floor.  "Umpf" he said as he hit the floor, but he rolled when his feet touched so it lessened the shock of the fall.  He blew upon his rope burned hands.  Then he began to run toward the door.

Must get to Talia was his only thought.  But where in Coor's name is she? This place is so big.  He paused and thought of what one of the dwarfs had said.  Yardarm? That must be only on a ship!!  Now how did I know that?  Are we on a ship?  Why are we on a ship?  Oh so many questions and no answers.  

He headed out the door.  

Capher, former Tribes and Races Supervisor Moderator.The difference between genius and insanity is a very fine line.

Edited by: Capher at: 7/31/02 2:50:49 pm
Issabelle
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2002, 01:48:22 AM »

~Issabelle followed the others as they walked away. She assumed she would have to sleep with them, in the same room anyway. This annoyed her, almost as much as the little green creature which was ruining her cover. She didnt like to hurt people... but if she had too, to keep herself safe, she would... wouldnt anyone? She licked her lips lightly as she strolled absently behind them. Not too sure about going to bed right this moment. She was a dragon, she could sleep a long while, or stay awake a long while. She sighed and moved to the railing near the corridor to the rooms. Stopping outside the hall and just watching the waves. Her eyes stare blankly at the water, watching the fish beneath the waves, her eyesight rather good. Dolphin like creatures... soon covered the image of the fish. Catching them in their jaws and swallowing the fish whole. Mmmm She thought... food would be good. Soon again she got lost in thought. Thinking about the days before Capher had left... She sighed lightly, letting her chin fall to the rail as she looked into the water... alone... quiet...~

A Tear Falls, Crimson In Color To Wash Away The Madness.

I Hold Glory In One Hand And Death In The Other... I Destroy Without Thought Or Feeling... I Have Become What I Hate... And Hate What I Fear
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2002, 02:12:22 AM »

Avour was asleep before she could except Terras offer. Terra lays the blanket over Avour, and turns to her gear, and the plank bed she will be sleeping on. Terra remove her MoonBlade from her belt and places it on the plank close to the wall, and takes her dagger from the plank above and places it next to her MoonBlade. Then removes her boots, and crawls onto the plank and goes to sleep, her head laying on one arm, and her other hand relaxed over the handle of the dagger.

Despite her outward peaceful appearance, her sleep is anything but peaceful. Dark and bloody images, memories of horrors long past, stalking her through her dreams, not allowing a moment of peace. A battle raging as her mind tries to gain control of the memories, and push them away again.

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2002, 07:22:22 PM »

Talia feels uneasy in her dreams, but after some time she gets warmer and falls now in a deeper, refreshening sleep - was it  due to the warming clothes wrapped around or the caring touch?

***Astropic of the day***

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2002, 01:08:22 AM »

Capher has no idea where he is as he runs along the sides of the ship all he knows is that he must find Talia.  He enters a room and skids to a stop and yelps as little slivers of wood puncture the skin of the bottom of his feet.  In front and towering above him, like a snow capped mountain was a man with silver hair and dark robes.  He seemed to be lost in thought as he looked out of one of the ships portholes.

Maybe if I can get this mans attention he can take me to Talia or knows where she is?  Though he seems unfamiliar to me, yet he looks a little bit like.... Who? Capher thought to himself.

"Ouch, Ooch" He mumbled as he walked as close as he could hopping on one foot then the other as he pulled the splinters out of them.  He reached out and tugged on the mans robes.  "Hey!! Hey mister!!  Can you hear me.  I am down here!!!"  Capher shouted as loud as he could.  He thought to himself.     I will wait just a little bit, if he does not reply then I will look for Talia myself

Capher hoped the man would reply soon.  For a sense of urgency had begun to envelope him.  

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 8/1/02 4:12:15 pm
Hajarian Ryelliin
New Santharian

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2002, 06:23:22 AM »

Sounds of the serene water filled his ears as the elf looked through the viewport, like some portal leading to another land. On his side, dark, dim lit corridors. On the other side, bright light, calm ocean. It had been long since he had rode a ship, back in his adventuring days. But those were long past. The days of adventuring were centuries ago. Now, his reasons for going out into the world were far more different, and vile. He was no longer a young elf, seeking nothing but glory, honor, and excitement. No more. His hunger craved only one thing now. Power. Infinite power.

It was then that he noticed the tugging at the bottom of his robe, and a small, squeeking noice that sounded like a miniscule voice. Turning his head, he looked down and saw a brownie, pulling at the material like it was some large lever.

Grabbing his robe, he pulled it up so that the brownie was dangling eye level to him. Glaring at the... thing, he asked in a deep tone, "Why do you pester me, brownie?"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2002, 10:54:22 PM »

Capher, who was holding onto the mans robes, was suddenly pulled up.  He hung on to the robe for all he was worth. He looked down as he was continually being pulled up.  Whew! That is a long way down. He thought to himself.  

He felt his feet dangling and then he came eye to eye with the man.  Capher felt a sudden chill sweep through his body, and the chill deepened when he heard the man speak.  Capher hung there like a rag doll in a childs hands, speechless.    Why should I be afraid of this man?  Something tells me I should not.  That I have power that even he could not even imagine. Capher looked down at his dangling feet.  Yeah, right.  I have more power than he?

Capher begins to laugh almost hysterically.  Then suddenly he stops.  He remembers why he is there.  He speaks, hoping the man understands him. "Kind sir, are there other travellers upon this ship?  Especially a woman, who has dark hair that is braided in one long braid.  I think she has companions as well, but I cannot think of them.  The womans name is Talia."

Capher hung there waiting for the mans reply.

Capher.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]