Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chapter VI: Dangerous Paths  (Read 23390 times)
Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2003, 09:21:22 PM »

Koldar should've known that Terra was not being so easily satisfied but he certainly had told her everything he was willing to reveal. With a slight scowl on his face he turns back to her as he just agreed on a fair price on a new blade.

"I cannot tell if they'll cause us trouble. I doubt they know anything about us or even care. I told you as much as I dare. I cannot do more or I'll break commitments I made long ago and that go deeper than anything. If they'll cause trouble because of me then just do not get involved. It is better that way."

"Where should we stop next?" he asks meaning to change topic hanging is newly aquired sword over his shoulder.

Koldar Mondrakken, Knight of the Moonlight
Weakness is strength. Hope is life.

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2003, 10:17:22 PM »

Avour grabs a lock of her hair and smells it. With a smile on her face she picks up the bar of soap and fumbles with the slipperyness of it some to begin with and starts to scrub Talia's back. "Slimey-clean like magic-dirt!" She announces as she fumbles after the soap again. Repeating to Talia what she had just had done to herself.

"OH!" Avour squeals as her eyes light up as she looks at Talia. "SKIRT!" She grins and opens her mouth in excitement doing a huge smile. Brushing her hand through her hair and then playing with Talia's hair making patterns on Talia's back with the soap bubbles Avour has fun, a simple fun that she hadn't had in a long time

Youd be lost if I wasnt here to annoy you - Little Sister speaking to Big Sister... (My sister talking to me)

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2003, 03:09:22 PM »

Koldar having just agreed to a fair price for his new sword, turned to Terra with a slight scowl on his face and spoke.

"I cannot tell if they'll cause us trouble. I doubt they know anything about us or even care. I told you as much as I dare. I cannot do more or I'll break commitments I made long ago and that go deeper than anything. If they'll cause trouble because of me then just do not get involved. It is better that way."

Then he tried to change the subject by asking where they should stop next.

"I need a new cloak, and find a suitable boot knife to replace the one I lost."

As the set out, Terra continued.

"Vary well, if you do not wish to say more. If they cause trouble with any member of our group though, even you, I am already involved. I have made a commitment to get the group as far as Milkengrad, although we have already lost Capher, I am honor bound to it, and I will face anything that seeks to hinder us in this. Even these darkly clad knights if they so choose to hinder us."

Not far off she spots another smith who seems to specialize in knives and daggers as the first in swords. She heads in that direction, appraising the blades as she approached, determining those that may suit her needs. When she arrived at the booth she began carefully weighing the knives that had interested her, until she found one that suited her.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Terra Artemos Character Description

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2003, 04:47:22 AM »

Koldar is about to reply something but then let it fade realizing that he couldn't change Terra's opinion with any word.  After a moment he follows her hesitating but stops again when he sees a far too rememberable figure riding towards him. The black clad knight from the gate makes his way through his cloud ignoring the commoners and citizens thatcurse him as he unimpressed passes through the crowds straight to Koldar.
When she is beside him she bends down halfway to him. "Have you seen Koldar Mondrakken, yet?"
Koldar grits his teeth but makes a mostly amazed looking face though his get very hard.
"No, I haven't seent his Koldar Mondrakken since your last questioning. Why do you seek him?"

Under her mask you could nearly hear her sigh but then she continues in her commanding voice. "If you see him, tell him I have a message for him. Tell him: Even those that are lost can be hunted. He should meet me as soon as he can!" She looks at Terra who is standing at a shop closeby and then rides on.

"What does is that supposed to mean?"  he yells. The knight stops once again bending around on the horse. "It he means should start praying before weivóc got him. Corách is coming and this one might not end." With these words she turns around and rides on, Koldar looking after her. Just as she turns into a narrow street it seems to Koldar that another black rider disappears between the houses.

Koldar looks into the now empty alley where she has gone, her words ringing loud and threatening in his ears. What did she mean by that? Even those that are lost can be hunted. Was that a threat? If so, a strange one as it would mean she really thinks she knows he's the one she is looking for. His eyebrows narrowed he looks at Terra. "I need to find out where they've gone."

He does not wait for her nor does he asks her to accompany him. The words were just not leaving his mind. Corách was coming. For elves Corách had a very distinct meaning and only one made sense here: Some danger was rising.

Quickly Koldar sneaks into alley trying to figure out where the two knights might've gone from there. Following his instincts he just takes the next road left moving quickly from doorway to doorway.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2003, 04:33:22 PM »

Terra was well aware af the black knight they had first encountered outside the city questioning Koldar again. She stole a covert glance at the knight, noticed only by the smith.

"Your friend in trouble Ma'am?"

Terra turns her full attention back to the smith and simply replies.

"Perhaps."

Terra noticed the knight riding off then heard Koldar yelling.

"What does is that supposed to mean?"

The knight stoped a returned her reply.

"It he means should start praying before weivóc got him. Corách is coming and this one might not end."

Then rides on. Terra was not sure of the true meaning but she did recognize some of the words as being Styrásh. Koldar looks to her with narrowed eyebrows then speaks.

"I need to find out where they've gone."

Koldar sneaks into the ally way after the knight as Terra completes her deal with the smith and passes him the currency for a finely made boot knife, though not suited for thowing. Quickly sliding it into the sheith in her boot, she found it fit perfectly where the twin would have been, and followed after Koldar with a sigh.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2003, 11:32:22 PM »

„Oh Avour, you are tickling me! Huh! Please stop it!“ Talia is screaming with amusement.
„Maybe we stop now and rinse the soap out of our hair, otherwise we won‘t be finished when it is time for dinner! I want to buy some new clothes before as well!“

After both are finished, the clothes have arrived . Master Tim has send somebody who has brought them to their other room. Talia looks for some fresh water, finds two mugs already prepared with some vinegar to wash the soap out and flavouring scents.

„Stand up now Avour. I rinse your hair and body and you do the same with me!“

This is pure luxury here, bathing towels are waiting for them outside.

***Astropic of the day***

Avour
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2003, 11:46:22 PM »

Having made Talia laugh, Avour beams a smile and stands up. "Rinsey!" Avour giggled as Talia rinsed the suds off her body. "Avour-kin get to wear SKIRT!" She giggled and looked around strangely. "Smell...." She frowned as she looked about curious. Taking a wiff of the air in front of her, Avour rubbed her nose with her forearm and then stared at her arm with her eyes wide open.

"ahh!" She squealed with a smile on her face. "Smell is Avour-Kin!" Grabbing Talia's arm she sniffed that as well and laughed a belly laugh. "Talia-kin smell pretty many!" Doubling over as she laughed Avour tried to calm herself but couldn't.

Youd be lost if I wasnt here to annoy you - Little Sister speaking to Big Sister... (My sister talking to me)

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2003, 07:41:22 AM »

Talia looks slightly puzzled at Avour, who can‘t stop laughing, but after a few moments of pure amazement, she just can‘t help but joining Avour. So they end both in sitting outside the bathtub, wrapped in bathing towels laughing till the tears are streaming from their eyes. It gets even worse, as Talia‘s dune mouse comes out the heap of the old clothes and starts to sniff at their toes.

Talia decides that they have to stop being so childish, though this surely helps them to release all the tensions they have build up on the ship.

Still laughing, she says to Avour: „Come on, lets dress in our skirts and go shopping!“

As Avour hear skirt, she laughs even more, saying: „Avour, skirt, Avour skirt, Talia skirt!“

And the laughter goes on.

Finally Talia wipes the tears from laughing so hard out of her face.

„Now, where are our clothes? Come on Avour, in the other room!“

There she finds lying on a bed to sets of clothes, a bigger one for her, one for Avour. She quickly puts on a raw white linen shirt, a dark green long skirt with a broad embroidery near the hem and a matching bodice.
„Oh Avour, I think I never have worn such clothes before!“ Put on yours and then we go shopping if you are not too tired!“

***Astropic of the day***

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2003, 11:14:22 PM »

koldar nearly thinks that he's lopst the knight in the narrow alleyways that led to more secluded places within the city but somehow he always manages to take the right way seeing the knight just disappear after the next corner when he hurries not to lose her. His mind was yelling at him that this is far from being an accident and this is smellinbg like a trap but his curiosity has taken over and he just felt that he must use this opportunity to gain valueable information.

Suddenly when he marched around a corner he nearly runs into the knights. He quickly hides behind an empty barrel and sees them disappear into an obviously abandoned house. Giving them ten seconds advantage Koldar slides into the empty backyard and sneaks to the house. Through the door he can hear  the low voices of the two knights.

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2003, 09:27:22 AM »

Koldar listens to the voices behinmd the door.

The elven voice - normally a race known for its beauty and elegance - sounds in its harsh commanding tone.

"Why are we playing games anyway. Let's get him and the item the source spoke of and off we are." Another voice far more restrained and calm answers.
"You know that the paths don't unfold that way and our source was very vague about the importance of the signs. These are the downsides of all divine. We cannot tell what role he or the upcoming events will have, their arrival here already clouds our vision on the future. Something has happened otherwise we would not have even stumbled over him here but the people in the harbour would not tell me more." - "Even more of a reason to get these selfish humans out of this. The greater the danger they carry with themselves the more trouble they'll cause."

"Patience. Let's for now complete our mission... right?"

Koldar presses his ear closer to the wood waiting for a response. What was their mission? What do they want from him? But as the silence extends even longer Koldar's alarm bells start ringing. The last words of the unknown voice were not a question, they were a signal!

Koldar withdraws quickly from the door but before he can fully withdraw the door bursts open and two black knights in full clad armor appear with drawn swords.

"Who is sneaking around before our door?" -"Have you suddenly found the one we seek?" the elf asks in a rather sarcastic tone. "What a great idea to spy on elves with unwashed human ears, won't you say?" she adds sniffy her Shamshir ready in fron of her chest.

Koldar is left with no other way but to retreat to the nearest wall his brand new sword drawn as well. Whoever these two were this female elf definetely had a serious problem with her attitude and he really hopes that he's not the reason for that With a slightly coarse voice he adresses the taller figure that even hovers over the slender elf.
"I was coming to ask how you found me, actually."

Edited by: Koldar Mondrakken at: 9/19/03 1:35
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2003, 01:19:22 PM »

Terra emerges from the ally behind the elves that had Koldar backed up against the opposite wall. Taking a quick look at each of Koldars apponents, she drew her moonblade in answer to their sword.

"I told you I will stand against any that seek to impede us from compleating our task. I gave my word on this, I am bound to it, and I am prepared to die to see my word fullfilled."

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2003, 04:33:22 AM »

The two knights were a bit confused about Koldar's question and Terra's sudden appearance. The female elf comes a bit closer hissing sharply. "A friend of yours, Koldar?" Koldar gives her a wry smile.

Meanwhile the taller of the two turns to Terra. "So your task is to sneak around  in front of people's doors. Did I get that right, Misses? - While I know that Koldar has a habit of doing these things I wouldn't have thought that he needs help with doing such things. And to answer your question, koldar Mondrakken, we followed a call. A call that describes someone like you bringing a great danger from the jewel of the South. What have you done in this pest-infested slums in the south and what have you found that is capable of unleashing a demon? By the gods, have you lost your mind. A demon!"
The knight looks accusingly from Terra to Koldar.

"I want what you've stolen from the dungeons of Strata. A dark secret surrounds it."

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2003, 03:46:22 PM »

Terra stood ready to strike, but still listened vigilenltly to the speach of the taller elf that had turned to her. Then spoke coolly when he had finnished.

"I fear we know of the demon you speak of. But we can not give you the item you seek. It's secrets are our only clue to how to stop what has been set in motion."

Koldar Mondrakken
New Santharian

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2003, 07:10:22 AM »

It seems like the elves look at each other as if Terra's words just confoirmed all their nightmares.

"Whatever you set in motion, it must end now before you do even more damage.Give us the artefact or we will end it. You've awakened something dark. We were warned. Now give us the artefact or we will have to take it. We won't allow the darkness to crawl beyond the borders of this kingdom so make your choice."

The male elf stepped closer to Terra now his sword ready to attack.

Koldar wants to interfere, this absolute nearly fanatic commitment for the goal was what he knew too well from the past and it seldomly ended well. He wants to get between the black knight and Terra "Wait, how can you think we have caused any of this. We headed out to stop... " but the second one stops him. "We do not listen to traitors." the female elf hisses.

"But I'm no liar. Whatever troubles the order we did not cause it. You're looking at the wrong spot for dangers."

The female knight now steps between Koldar and the male elf. "How can you be sure? You abondened the path of the order long ago and your destiny now follows a dark road. You should remember that we do not have the option to take chances. Do not get in our way. Imael, this is getting a farce. Why should we allow two vagabonds to ambush us and ask impertinent questions?"

The male elf's eyes pierce right through Terra as if he was not noticing her at all. "I hoped your sense of duty would be still strong enough to trust us in this. When you do not obey now you will not get another chance."

Koldar is shocked about the earnest in these words. "This is insane and you should know it." he replies weakly.

"See it how you want but I call it insanity that you want to stand in our way. If you don't want to give us the artefact I fear we have to take it." With his voice turning now as icy as his companion ones he adds to Terra. "Get out of my way." He puts his sword away  and steps towards Terra meaning to walk past Terra.

Koldar gulped. He obviously thinks that they must have left the artefact in the Inn with Avour and Talia and it is bad that he's right. They must do something!

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2003, 03:32:22 AM »

When the elf had finished speaking once more, he stepped forward shiething his Sword. Terras own vigilent gaze locked on him, not being intimadated by him, and shieth her own sword, before stepping slightly to the side. Before he could pass Terra stops him with a hand placed gracefully in his path.

"It is clear that this Orders goals coincide with ours, but we can't just turn over the artifact to who ever demands it of us. I trust that whatever has be released must be stopped, and if you are indeed of this order, I offer a comprimise. An exchange of what we know about what is going on, and from there we may discuss what to do next."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]