Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reunion  (Read 34254 times)
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2005, 12:27:22 PM »

Ta’las grins, remembering the first time his mother-sister told him the tale of Baveras’ ordeal to bring water to the desert lands.  “It is interesting, Talia, how even though most of the children know the tale already, they always breathe in relief when the story is finished."  He chuckles and continues, "It is almost as if her struggle with Foiros is brought to some sense of closure.  For the moment, at least until the next Shendar myth is revealed to them.”

The Shendar holds out his free hand to the Aj’nuvic and he whistles softly to lure Talia’s bondmate closer to her face.  He smiles and then looks back at Talia.  “The next myth we are always told was of Baveras’ effort to bring life-giving rains to the desert, for there was not yet enough water coming from the Sharadon to heal the great Ráhaz-Dáth.”

“In good faith, Grothar had brought his rain to the Sharadon and the Narfost Plain, but he could not plunge these lands into shadow forever.  To grow and thrive, even the mighty forests and the vast sea of flowing Ar’pun need the light of Injèrá.  As a consequence, he drew his clouds away.  The water was not enough to fill all the wells and fountains in the deep southern desert. Only the Seven Jewels had always water, though even there the level dropped dangerously low. The heat of the burning rays of Injèrá dried the air in the Ráhaz-Dáth so much that the water surfacing from the depths of the cool earth was just drawn away."

“Baveras again went to Foiros to plea for the life that, through her toils, had arisen in the former desert lands, but Foiros did not listen.  He is the god of justice, not of mercy, and the desert life continued to struggle beneath his forge, Injèrá."

"The Goddess of the Sea loved this little place to the south, even though in the scheme of the world was of little consequence.  Baveras, however, had set her heart on this particular place.  And so she put her mind to devise a means to bring Grothar's clouds to the desert in such a way that merciless Injèrá could not melt them away as it had before.  She sat down on the edge of the mighty Narfost cliffs, just where the Sharadon River cascaded down the precipice and gazed out over the sands.  She sat there for some time, pondering what she must do, and Baveras smiled as an image began to form in her mind..."

Adopted from “Of the Origin of the Nirmenith Mountains” in the Shendar Book of Myths, by Talia Sturmwind, Firewyre and Others

Ta'las

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2005, 06:35:22 PM »

Sitting in the dust the woman waits for nothing, but suddenly the unexpected happens: Gentle hands are touching her face and lift her oh so tired head up, so that she has to look in the face of the old man. And then he talks to her and looks into her eyes:

„Talia, I have found you. Please come with me. You have friends and a kinsman who wishes for you to come with me. If you have no strength, then I will carry you if you would like. But please come with me out of this land of death into the land of the living, once more."

The woman looks at him for a while, which seems to last for ever, but isn‘t.  Somehow deep inside she is enjoying this touch, it is so different from what she has experienced here. Lost memories of more experiences of this quality surface slowly up.

“ You are looking for Talia? Where is she? Who is she? she asks the old man. And when asking, she puts her own two hands above those of the man, as if she doesn‘t wish, that he ever removes them.

„YOU are Talia! Talia Sturmwind from the Shendar. And your aj‘nuvics name is Swing, and a dunemouse is waiting for your return as well as your friends! You are Talia! You!“ he confirms.

“I am Talia, you are sure?“ the woman asks.

„Yes, I know you!You are Talia! “ the old man answers.

She ponders for a while about what she has heard, and then slowly first, but after a while more and more, memory is coming back. Not much though, a glimpse of sparkling water surrounded by huge sanddunes, the sensation of a wind in the face while riding fast about an seemingly endless stretching plain of small rocks with small shrubs in-between. The  warm wet touch of soft lips in her neck, the tickling feeling of a dunemouse under her shirt.

The Goddess of the Sea loved this little place to the south ...  Baveras, however, had set her heart on this particular place. And so she put her mind to devise a means to bring Grothar's clouds to the desert in such a way that merciless InjŹrá could not melt them away as it had before....

She knows this voice, she knows now, what is meant, she even can tell, how it continues...

And then faces come to her mind, friendly ones, faces she knows...  and then...

“Capher! What are you doing here?“ Talia says to the old man.

“Capher! Is it really you?“

And though she had thought, that no single drop of moisture was in her body anymore, her tears are streaming now down her cheeks.

“Capher!“ she says once more.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 9/19/05 10:37
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2005, 10:42:22 PM »

Capher smiles as Talia finally recognizes him and calls him by name. He gently wipes away the tears. "Yes, Daughter of the Desert, I am he, Capher, and I have come to rescue you.  But, my powers are fading in this place and I fear unless you come to the outside world, the world of the living, that you and I will both be trapped here in this lifeless world...forever."

Capher hears Ta'las's voice. "Can you hear that voice, Talia?  That comes from one of your kinsmen.  A Shendar, like yourself.  He has been sent to help you also. Terra, also awaits your return..."  

Then against his will his metaphysical self begins to fade away.  The soft touch of his hands upon her face slowly fade. The voice calls gently, "Talia follow my voice, my time here is almost gone..." His last word seemed to drift upon the dry dusty wind.  

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2005, 02:51:22 AM »

Talia wants to hold these gently hands forever, but Capher, after some more reassuring words, slowly fades away, and she is sitting again alone in the dust. But now she knows, who she is. But with Capher gone, desperation comes to her. Before she hadn‘t known, who she was, and nothing had bothered her. Now she lowers her head again, but the tears dry the moment they leave her eyes.

....and I have come to rescue you. But, my powers are fading in this place and I fear unless you come to the outside world, the world of the living, that you and I will both be trapped here in this lifeless world...forever

both? trapped? does that mean, Capher will not be able to return, if she stays here?  

She puts her head back into her hands, being desperately tired. But now she hears quite clearly a voice speaking, not Capher‘s, another , unknown to her, but it talks in her Shendar dialect, and it tells her the myths and lore she knows from sitting around the fire, either in a dome, or under the starry night.
And then it is, as if somebody is pushing her softly, as if somebody is blowing his warm breath into her neck, and memories of how she bonded with Swing are coming to her mind. What will happen with Swing, if she would not return? Talia knows it very well, and with a great effort, the biggest she has ever done in her life, she gets up on her feet, and slowly, slowly starts walking the long and dusty path up the hill.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2005, 10:32:22 AM »

“…the image that formed in Baveras’ mind was that of a range of mountains reaching skyward, high enough to embrace Grothar's clouds.”

“But she was a goddess of water, and not of earth. She knew she must beseech Urtengor, who had forged Caelereth, to raise the ground high enough to form these mountains.  Baveras sought Urtengor’s aid.  At first, he thought her request foolish, like a child asking for treats.  Urtengor, who had been busily forging the moon laid down his mighty hammer and frowned at the Goddess of the Sea.”

“But Baveras had worked too long to give up on her dream of bringing life to the desert lands.  As she walked about Urtengor's smithy, she gave him a coy smile, and spoke, 'How long do you think it will take you to forge the moon? It is quite big and will take eons to cool down. The races will have to live in the darkness all night long and evil will arise.  Perhaps I could lend the cooling aid of my water to speed up your forging.  Your moon could be finished in twenty-one of Injèrá’s passes.’”

“Urtengor thought on this, and grumbled to himself.”

“Sensing Urtengor was not yet satisfied, Baveras continued.  ‘What if I also promise to cool down every piece of metal somebody forges, whether it is a spoon or a sword?’  As she waited for the Hammer-Lord’s response, she twirled a lock of her long hair.  ‘Come now, Urtengor, your dwarven weapon masters would be most grateful for such wise insight!'’”

“And she looked him in the eyes until his resolve broke, and Urtengor huffed.   'Where do you wish me to place them?’ he asked.”

“In short time, the desert lands shook as Urtengor raised the Nirmenith Mountains arose from the desert plains by sheer force of will.  The mountains reached high enough to capture Grothar's clouds, and release the life-giving rains over the harsh desert lands.  And Baveras also kept her end of their agreement, so that ever since, the red glow of newly forged metalworks were put into water to steal away the heat and cool them down quickly."

Ta’las grabs another small handful of redberries which he leaves in a pile for the dunemouse, and looks over at the Aj’nuvic.  The creature seems to be more at ease, now that Capher’s ridged frame was somewhat more relaxed and no longer glowing so brightly.  “You have suffered without your bondmate, I can see that,” Ta’las says.  “But my friend here,” he adds with a nod to Capher, “will help heal Talia.”

He looks back at Talia.  “I hope these fireside tales are not too trite for a grown woman,” Ta’las says apologetically.  “But I can think of no other way to comfort a Shendar than to relate the tales of our tribe.  Perhaps, you would like to hear one that is my favourite, though it does not start so well.”

“And so Urtengor had created the Nirmenith Mountains, which rose proudly skyward, and as Grothar’s clouds from the sea gathered below those mighty peaks, it rained and snowed.  The water fell down either side of the mountains in small streams that helped plants grow at the base of the range and even farther into the desert. However, not all gods are benevolent.  As Baveras celebrated her success in overcoming the oppressive heat Foiros, the fire god, had brought to these lands, another god of fire looked with displeasure at her – Etherus."

“Though Etherus had no desire to side with Foiros or to help him in any way, for he was much too self-serving, he could not stand to see Baveras's joy.  With malice in his heart, Etherus went to look upon these mountains. An evil grin spread across his beautiful face, as he stepped on the mountain range with his right foot, and left a large depression just south of the mountains with his left.”

“Dismayed, Baveras looked upon the broken mountain tops and the large valley that had formed south of the Nirmenith Mountains, as Etherus strode away laughing.”

Adopted from “Of the Origin of the Nirmenith Mountains” and “How the Aj'Nuvic Grounds Came Into Being” in the Shendar Book of Myths, by Talia Sturmwind, Firewyre and Others

Ta'las

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2005, 04:11:22 AM »

Capher found himself back holding the hole of the fabric between the two dimensions.  This going from self to self was not only exhausting but it confused oneself as well.  One did not know where one was or where.  If it were not for Capher own self-awareness of who he was he would have been lost, like Talia was. He now understood why the Talia he saw inside that other dimension was so tired and did not even know who he was...until something touched her most inner being.  Capher did not know if it was him, or whether it was Ta'las's voice.  Either way, Talia finally recoginzed him, but it was too late, Capher had no more power in that strange dimension and his metaphysical self had faded away back to himself.  But even himself was not himself: for his real self was standing outside of Talia, in complete meditation.  Capher shook his head. To think about it all was enough to scramble one's brains.  He again began to call out. "Talia, here!  I am here! Follow my voice.  Let it give you strength!" Capher hoped she could hear him.

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2005, 06:39:22 PM »

Talia sets foot before foot, one step is as hard as the next, and then stops, it is too hard to get up this endless hill, she will never be able to do it. She stands still, head lowered and is about to sit down in the dust again, when she hears again this voice...

“But she was a goddess of water, and not of earth. She knew she must beseech Urtengor, who had forged Caelereth, to raise the ground high enough to form these mountains. Baveras sought Urtengor’s aid. At first, he thought her request foolish, like a child asking for treats. Urtengor, who had been busily forging the moon laid down his mighty hammer and frowned at the Goddess of the Sea.”

And it is as if this voice are giving her the power to go on, as if it drags her up the hill... and she moves slowly on,and on..

“But Baveras had worked too long to give up on her dream of bringing life to the desert lands. As she walked about Urtengor's smithy, she gave him a coy smile, and spoke, 'How long do you think it will take you to forge the moon? It is quite big and will take eons to cool down. The races will have to live in the darkness all night long and evil will arise. Perhaps I could lend the cooling aid of my water to speed up your forging. Your moon could be finished in twenty-one of InjŹrá’s passes.’”

Talia has mastered a part of the hill, a small part, but now her exhaustion hurts, it is too difficult, the path too long, she has gone down the hill too far, there is no hope anyway, that this hill will ever end. The voice which drags her uphill, is getting faint again.

Swing dares to go nearer again to the bed, as the old man stops glowing. she feels the danger , her bondmate is in, and desperately pushes her slightly, in the side, at the shoulder.Then , out of an impulse, she takes Talias hand softly between her huge teeth and shakes her gently, as if she wants to say: Get up.

Fluffy, the dunemouse collects another heap of the redberries in its mouth and decides then to look for its favourite place , slips under the blanket and places itself on Talias bare skin, just over where it can feel the faint heartbeat best. Curling up the little warm body it falls to sleep.

Just as Talia is about to sit down again, she sees something lying on the ground, some peds uphill. This is so strange, that she mobilises the very last rest of her energy till she has reached the object. there it lies, a white staff, carved , but she can‘t see it clearly, what the shapes depict. with effort she pics it up and is surprised. The handle is formed like the long neck of an aj‘nuvic, and a dunemouse is climbing up the staff itself. She puts it down , her hand on the handle and gives her weight on it, it suits her perfectly. A smile crosses her face, and suddenly her heart is beating stronger, and she gets a warm feeling in her chest. And the voice is back!

“Sensing Urtengor was not yet satisfied, Baveras continued. ‘What if I also promise to cool down every piece of metal somebody forges, whether it is a spoon or a sword?’ As she waited for the Hammer-Lord’s response, she twirled a lock of her long hair. ‘Come now, Urtengor, your dwarven weapon masters would be most grateful for such wise insight!'’”

“And she looked him in the eyes until his resolve broke, and Urtengor huffed. 'Where do you wish me to place them?’ he asked.”

And Talia walks uphill, day for day, and month after month, accompanied by the voice and what seems to be little pushes in her back, when she wants to stand still and rest.

But at one point, the staff, which has carried part of her weight, just falls out of her hand. She picks it up again with effort, but now she has stopped, and with leaning with both hands on the staff, she nevertheless is not moving uphill anymore. Her legs are hurting and want to give way, if there wasn‘t the staff, the end would have come. So she is standing quietly on the path, heavily panting and there seems no way how she could go on. The voice has stopped now, but Talia is still listening, but her thoughts are in her past, she is daydreaming and has forgotten to move on.

But then she hears another voice - Capher's - loud and demanding:

"Talia, here! I am here! Follow my voice. Let it give you strength!"”

and she opens her eyes again and looks up, and somehow she has the impression, as if there is a sky again, as if the surrounding is lighter than downhill. Her trembling hands take a firm grip on her staff again, and she moves uphill again, easier now, as it seems to her, the path seems not as steep as it was, and hope is slowly creeping back.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2005, 09:05:22 AM »

Ta’las stops to clear his throat and takes a drink from his waterskin.  I have not spoken so much in many years, he thinks.  Once his thirst is sated, Ta’las caps the waterskin and sets it down.

“Well, I suppose I shall continue,” Ta’las thinks aloud.

“You will remember, Talia, that this depression Etherus’ rashness created became the Aj'nuvic grounds, a blessing the Shendar are thankful for every day.  You’re Aj’nuvic is here, Talia, and waiting for you.  Now, I will continue.”

"The Aj'Nuvic Grounds, came into existence because of a mischievous god. He gave us a second gift, though many question its worth.  For in addition to the home of the Aj’nuvic, we have mithrilan, a poisonous substance created by the sweat from Etherus’ feet.”

“For some time, a lake as big as the Aj'Nuvic Grounds formed south of the mountains, where he had set his left foot. It changed the climate of the whole region, where much plant and animal life flourished. This lake was the Great Nirmenith Lake.  Unfortunately, the lake is no more.  Now, this is the place we find the Norong'Sorno."

Ta’las frowns.  “It is usually at this point that the leader of one’s dome tries to gloss over the fact that Queprur, goddess of death and Faerhorál, the Demon Lord of Fire, became involved.  It is something we try to hide from Shendar children, with good intentions of course.  As a child, I remember being afraid that he hid in the dark outside our dome.”

He pauses for a short time, remembering this next story as one that scared him most, and then he chuckles.  “However, it is something we learn with time.  And so follows the tale of how the Norong’Sorno and the Lands of Pain came into being.  It was the time of Baveras’ darkest hour, but most importantly, it shows the depth of her courage.”

“Before the Norong’Sorno was formed, Etherus’ footprint had created a beautiful lake, surrounded by a green landscape and abundant animals.  This had not been Etherus’ intention, but he is the god of excess, and was apathetic as to the outcome.  As well, he knew of another who would be interested enough to take the necessary steps to destroy these beautiful lands – Querprur.  He told the goddess of Death of Baveras’ success in transforming the harsh desert lands, and that she had even overcome the merciless heat of Injèrá.  Queprur showed nothing of her intentions, though she knew at once that this land should be dry and hot again instead of green with a refreshing breeze.  She would not allow Baveras, who was opposed to her above all other gods, to gain too much power over the south.”

“Queprur thought hard – she knew she could not approach Foiros, for though he was the Burning God, he was also the god of justice and did not begrudge Baveras her success in making the desert partly green. It was then that she thought, ‘I will bring Injera to these lands!’  Queprur cajoled Etherus for his impotency, and finally convinced him to bring her a part of Injèrá!'”

“And so it happened – Etherus stole a piece of the sun's fire for Queprur.  But rather than simply hurling the burning ball into the midst of the lake – an act that would have drawn too much attention – she devised something that would be far more lasting.  She summoned Faerhorál, Demon Lord of Fire, and she sent him deep in the earth under the lake to imprison the stolen piece of Injèrá.  It is difficult to know the reason why, but soon after the lakebed rose.  Before the sweet water of the lake could flow into the Aetryam Sea, Urtengor trenched a deep furrow into the ground and grubbed a way through the rock, so that the water could flow into a great basin under the Nirmenith Mountains.  It was here, in a series of cavities, that he had hoped dwarves would come to inhabit , that filled with water.  It is for this reason that no dwarves live in the Nirmenith Mountains like elsewhere in Santharia.”

"But the Faerhorál did not stop when the lands were flat again, and he lifted the ground skyward, forming a huge mountain that overlooked even the highest peak of the Nirmenith Mountains.  The fire inside blasted  the top of the mountain away to reach the sun and to reunite with her again, but she was too far away, and so the part of the fiery essence of Injèrá fell back to the earth in many small pieces.  It died there and when it cooled it turned black, nor'sidian black, and is still today.  The fire attempts to escape its rocky prison whenever it can, all over the  mountain’s surface, especially at a place, where the soil is not much thicker than a few peds, near the Lands of Pain."

“Upon seeing all this destruction, Baveras wept, and despaired when she looked at the black cone, where once life was plentiful…”

Adopted from “How the Aj'Nuvic Grounds Came Into Being” and "The Creation of the Norong'Sorno" in the Shendar Book of Myths, by Talia Sturmwind, Firewyre and Others

Ta'las

Edited by: Talas Anthavin at: 9/22/05 1:06

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2005, 01:31:22 AM »

Capher could clearly hear the tale that Ta'las told and he knew them as well, but he knew them in a different way as he had flown high above the sky watching it all.  Not knowing, why it was occuring, just watching.  At the time he was not curious enough about why things happened, he was just curious to see things happen.

As he held open the curtain between the two dimensions he thought he could see Talia walking towrad him; she was holding onto a cane?  Capher wondered about that, but he called anyway. "Talia! Yes, keep on coming.  You are doing fine. Just keep on walking toward me.  Do not stop, just keep on walking."

Capher.

Garrek Driel
New Santharian

« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2005, 06:20:22 PM »

Granted, his mercenary had simply stopped for a moment, looked on disinterestedly, and moved away to satiate his violent nature, but Garrek himself was hooked. Now, instead of standing afar off, he leaned against the threshhold of a large portal, and watches in complete amazement at what must be a spiritual healing. A man, a desert man is spending his voice, spinning tales of the Shendar gods and their many and various conflicts, while another man, strangely catching in a homely way, stands over their patient. In a corner sits a woman with bright red hair, to all appearances dozing off easily.

These oddities, for an elven home, are not the greatest of what he sees, for although this is not the first time he has noticed it, this is the first time he realizes that the aj'nuvic, beast of the desert, seems somehow attached to the patient. What must be some kind of rodent scurries about and is gone. A power of... something, some kind of power, one accessed and felt only by one's psyche, is present in full force.

Deep down, Garrek feels an alien, yet pleasant sensation, like a stirring, or possibly nearly like a tiny spark of light, to make an analogy, inside of him. An involuntary smile plays its way onto his face, giving his predatorial features an almost pleasing look. His bright colors hang loosely about his shoulders as he is lost, not in any one thing, but in the scene itself. With the passing of time, he feels the tiniest prick of... like a tightness, in his throat, and a misty feel covers his eyes. A truly touching scene, his mind for a moment completely forgetting the stone in a bag at his side, or the blade he handed to the mercenary elf.

Of course I have nothing against you personally, but I'm afraid I've told you more than is safe...

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #115 on: September 27, 2005, 04:17:22 AM »

Capher did not know how long he stood there holding back the curtain between the two dimensions, but he knew it was long enough that his real self was tiring and that meant that he was tiring as well and he could not hold back the tear he had created between these dimensions for very long; even now the tear was starting to repair itself.

Capher could see Talia coming, but she was moving very slowly.  He called one last time. "Hurry Talia, I do not know how long I can hold this open."

Outside, Capher's eyes flickered open and his knees buckled. He groaned and then with superhuman strength, he straightned them again, closed his eyes and then went into a trance like state again.

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #116 on: September 27, 2005, 05:44:22 AM »

The path is less steep, but Talia is near the end with her vigours, and so she stops to rest a bit to get more air into her lungs. She trembles while resting, and though she is still standing, to take a next step seems to surpass her vigours. There, not too far away, the path seems to end, though she can‘t seem where. There is a spot which doesn‘t look this dusty grey, but has somehow a different quality. she don‘t know why, but she knows, that this is her goal, and if she only would manage to get there... But  she fears, that a next step might be fatal, for she would have to lift her staff. While looking, she has the impression, that this „spot“ is getting dimmer - can this be, and what does it mean? Tears come up again, and this time they are running down her cheeks.
Suddenly, she listens closer to the Shendar voice., it seems clearer now..

"But the Faerhorál did not stop when the lands were flat again, and he lifted the ground skyward, forming a huge mountain that overlooked even the highest peak of the Nirmenith Mountains. The fire inside blasted the top of the mountain away to reach the sun and to reunite with her again, but she was too far away, and so the part of the fiery essence of Injèrá fell back to the earth in many small pieces. It died there and when it cooled it turned black, nor'sidian black, and is still today. The fire attempts to escape its rocky prison whenever it can, all over the mountain’s surface, especially at a place, where the soil is not much thicker than a few peds, near the Lands of Pain."

Faerhorál: She knows the story the Shendar tells, but now the obvious springs to her mind - should that „man“ who burned her have been a demon, maybe this Demon Lord himself? Was it him who pushed or dragged her into this dusty grey-reddish land? Talia is devoted to Baveras as all Shendar are , and this Demon Lord is violating not only Foiros rights, but insulting Baveras herself. If he wins, Baveras would loose... and so driven by the love to her goddess, Talia takes a next step, and a next, and suddenly it goes easier than before, especially, when she hears Capher's voice again, this time much louder and more - convincing

"Talia! Yes, keep on coming. You are doing fine. Just keep on walking toward me. Do not stop, just keep on walking."

She is nearly at this strange spot, though still several peds away, when it starts to change its colour, gets slowly duller.. and then she hears Capher‘s voice:

"Hurry Talia, I do not know how long I can hold this open."

And Talia runs towards the spot, but it is changing fast, too fast. With a last effort she throws her staff, created out of the love of a aj‘nuvic,   at the spot, which brightens for a moment, gaining its old quality back and Talia is running into the mist.

A shiver goes through the body lying for so long motionless in the elven recreation room. The breast are moving again, rising and a sigh comes out of a dry throat. And Talia opens her eyes.

Her view falls at a Capher in trance , and a faint smile broadens her face.

„Capher!“

On the other side of her bed sits a man, whom she has never seen before, but she knows without doubt, that he was the voice she had heard , which helped her to escape Faerhorál grip. Her smile broadens even more, and she says with a faint voice:

„Friend! Thank you! “

But the exhaustion was to great , so she simply falls from one moment to the next in a deep sleep, the dunemouse lifts shortly its head before sleeping on, and a relieved aj‘nuvic caresses her face again.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2005, 10:15:22 AM »

Ta'las smiles at Talia and sits back in relief.  Though he had hoped to speak with her, he is glad that she has recovered and now is sleeping, rather than laying lifelessly on her bed.  

He looks over at Capher, who appears tired and wan.  "Well done, my friend!"  The Shendar rises and offers a hand to help Capher up.  "Let us get you to a place that you can rest, Capher."

Ta'las looks over at one of the elves left in the room.  "Is there a place my friend here can rest?"

Ta'las

Garrek Driel
New Santharian

« Reply #118 on: September 27, 2005, 11:35:22 PM »

Garrek wipes a forming tear, stands erect. "An amazing feat, my friends. After such a heartwarming display, I do believe your friend deserves a rest, and yourself as well. Come, I believe I have just the thing. That is, if you can make your own way. If not, I'm sure I can manage. I am a man of many means."

He smiles in his most warm, friendly smile, his predatorial features clear of the almost omnipresent serpentine guile they usually hold.

Of course I have nothing against you personally, but I'm afraid I've told you more than is safe...

In the Quallian
New Santharian

« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2005, 12:47:22 AM »

Muriel was sitting next to Lady Artemos‘ bed, praying for both, his patient, and the successful recovery of the other woman under their care.Strange things were happening over there, the old man, their new guest, was displaying light effects he had never seen before. And their calling for this woman - they seemed never to be at a point, where they wanted to give up. The recitation of the myths, did they really think, that would bring the woman back from wherever she was? But he was feeling, that great magic was at work, that the fabric of space itself was altered. So he just sat quietly after some while, and waited for what would come. After a long time, so it seemed to him, and to his surprise, the woman opened her eyes and greeted the men around her bed, before she fell in a deep sleep. Her both friends were relieved, as was to be expected.

The Shendar finally asks into the room for a place to rest for his friend Capher. Muriel gets up to answer and show them the beds in an adjacent room, as another elf standing on the doorsill he hasn‘t been aware of before steps in and offers Ta‘las and Capher a place to rest.Muriel is very astonished. he hasn‘t seen this ..‘short‘ elf before, who is it? And who send him? Curious he decides to follow them. He looks at Avi‘Sharu, who is still here as well and at Lieofin who has retreated in a niche of the room from where he had observed most what had happened - and Lieofin nods at Muriel without saying a word.

“ You don‘t mind if I come with you? those two might need my help to get some rest quickly.“ he asks the foreigner.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]