* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reunion  (Read 35513 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2005, 11:16:22 PM »

Lieofin

Lieofin has watched the happening from afar. Though he couldn‘t directly see, what had happened not far away from the camp, his magical abilities had allowed him to sense the magic which was performed there. But he couldn‘t feel any danger going out from the old man, so he didn‘t opose Teri and Ta‘las going to the same place. He isn‘t astonished, when they are coming back with an injured man between them. After he has listened to the conversation for a while, he finally steps forward.


“There is not necessarily need for a leader, if resonable and considerate people travel together, who have a common goal.“

Lieofin goes over to the newcomer, introducing himself with a slight bow:

“May I introduce me, so you can rest well for what is left of the night. I‘m Lieofin from the Quallian, and leader of these people here, but only what the right path through the wilderness concerns. Tomorrow we will return to the Quallian, and you are invited to join us. There your wounds can be tended, if there is no other option.“

Saying the last words, he looks questioning to Capher, but doesn‘t expect an answer.

„Do you have any questions, otherwise we should try to get some sleep till InjŹrá rises again. I will keep watch for the rest of the night.“

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »

Ta'las is thankful for Lieofin's interjection into the conversation, not having known who led the party they met up with.  The Shendar smiles at the newcomer.  "As Lieofin has said, we are of common purpose.  And for what it is worth, this is likely the safest place to be without travelling some distance."

“Good evening, Jeharaid Morcaanan.”  With that, the Shendar returns to his bedroll and drops down, leaving his sword close at hand, and falls into a light sleep almost immediately.

Ta'las

Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 12:01:22 AM »

Capher was surprised to see a young woman with elven descent and Ta'las arise from the forest, like shadows, and then with the young woman on one side and Ta'las protecting their backs they made it to the camp. Capher wondered what if anything Ta'las and the young woman had seen?  How long had they been there?  He should have been more careful, but there had not been time, had there?  Oh, well, if I just continue my course then maybe they will forget it...in time.

When they entered the camp, introductions were made and Capher found out the young woman's name was Teri, though Capher did not think that was her true name.  The elder elf's name was Lieofin.  He possessed magic.  When Morcaanan asked who was the leader of this group, Capher almost spoke up, hesitated, and then Lieofin spoke up and it seemed like he was the leader.  Though he knew that Terra, laying upon the blanket sleeping, resting was probably the true leader of, at least this group.   Capher nodded his assent at the suggestion of trying to get some sleep and then head out at dawn for the Quallian and some help for Morcaanan.  

Capher could heal the young man easily enough, but that would cause him to use magic and for some reason he did not want to use it...yet.  Let the elder elf use it.  They all seemn except for Morcaanan, to accept the fact that he is a magician. So Capher assented to Lieofin's authority.

He turned to Lieofin, "You are wise. Wiser than most I think. I think we shall all do as you suggest and get some sleep. I, for one, have had a very interesting, yet tiring, day and now night. So if you will excuse me I will join my young friend there in some needed rest. Tomorrow, I believe may even bring on more interesting revelations."  Capher wondered why Lieofin did not offer to heal Morcaanan with his magic.  Maybe, he is not as skilled as I think he is?  Capher peered at Lieofin and sensed the man's magical possibilities and potential and was quite astonished at what he found. Capher released his gaze from the man and then proceeded to Desert Rose.
 
Capher took his small pack from Desert Rose, went a few peds from the fire and group, laid down his bedroll, laid down and closed his eyes.  His ears however were wide open and very attentive.

Capher.

Logged
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 03:37:22 AM »

The suggestion for rest was accepted by all, including Morcaanan; he was full of questions and gratitude, but all of that could wait. Easing himself gently into a reclining position, he nodded cordially at the elvish girl and made to shut his eyes and rest, using his lumpy pack as a pillow.

It was not easy however; his body was in pain and his mind was in turmoil. Eventually, he passed into a light and fitful slumber, his hand curled around his sword hilt, his dreams filled with howls and barks until the light of Inthadin shone on the world again.



Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 03:37:22 AM »

'Teri also retires to her bed, but finds herself simply sitting atop it, devoid of any desire to rest more. It must be at least three hours until sunrise, and some of them were obviously very anxious to sleep. This, she concludes, is only more proof of her complete lack of uselesness. She smiles at the thought, musing at how it seems almost self-pitying, although she honestly doesn't feel bad about the fact. Eventually, she stands, and after pacing a short time around her own stuff, finds her eyes wandering to the newcomer. His position is makeshift, and obviously not comfortable. Then, with a sudden stroke of thought, she turns to her own bedding. Granted, it's probably not what he's used to, being of elven make and all, but he would certainly be more comfortable if he had a least a better pillow.

With determination, she rolls her bedding up, ties it tightly, and steps lightly over to him. Gently she puts a hand under his head, lifting it slightly, and begins to replace his pack with her bedroll using her free hand.


-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Edited by: Aueniteri at: 8/22/05 20:49
Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2005, 05:16:22 AM »

Howling, barking...yelping, slavering...get away!! Leave me alone!!

In that brief moment between waking and sleep, dreams and reality often blend in frightening ways. The touch on his head...jaws, teeth, no!

His free hand snaked up and sought purchase on flesh, his sword winging upwards in a flight of silent death as he prepared to slay his attacker.

He blinked with surprise - the elvish girl. What was she doing?
Suspicion clouded his eyes and he glared at her in silence; it was not readily reinforced by the sight of his pack in her hand.

But the feeling passed quickly and he noticed what else was there; a bedroll, wrapped into a tight but comfortable looking bundle.

He winced as he suddenly realized what she was trying to do and felt ashamed of his fear; had it been so long since he could trust others?

He released her and put his sword down, taking her hand - which seemed to have frozen in place to the back of his head in her surpise - into his own.

"Thank you" he whispered quietly. "But it was not necessary."
Now fully awake, he wonders if he can sleep at all; but, not wishing to offend, smiles and takes her bedroll.

"I am most grateful mi'lady. But, should you not be sleeping as well?"



Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2005, 04:37:22 AM »

'Teri simply remains kneeling over him until her senses return and her heart rate slows. Quite possibly, that is the closest she has ever put herself to death. Finally, when she is no longer frozen, she shakes her head."No, I just wanted you to... I mean, I'm not really tired anymore, so I..."

She sits back onto her feet and clasps her hands in her lap, looking from him, to the ground, and finally back to him. "I'm... sorry if I scared you."


-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Edited by: Aueniteri at: 8/22/05 20:39
Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005, 06:12:22 AM »

"You need not be. No harm was done."

He sits down across from her and shrugs. "I wasn't sleeping very well anyway; my dreams were not the most pleasant, so either way you have done me a kind favor."


He cocks his head, curiosity flowing from his eyes as they scan her attractive face. "What are these people doing out here, if I may ask? More specifically, why are you out here with them?"



Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2005, 07:07:22 AM »

'Teri glances around at them as she searches for an answer. Finally, she decides to work backwards on his question. It may be the only way she can answer it.

"I mostly got stuck in it rather incidentally. I met a friend of the red-haired woman here, some few days ago, and now she has returned to try and remember something. I'm... not really sure what exactly is going on, but I do know it involves powers greater than I could imagine."


-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Logged

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2005, 08:46:22 AM »

Lieofin

Nightsbane is about to change to daybreak, when the last finally falls silent, though not all can sleep. The wounded man and the elven woman seem to be awake, or at least, their sleep is not deep, for Lieofin can sense their presence. No wonder, after their short intermezzo.

The Void still obscures Injerá for quite some time, but finally the second hour is to begin, the first birds start their morning songs and Injerá wins her fight with the void slowly. Silently Lieofin rises and tends the fire, sets fresh water to the fire for a morning tea and prepares an quick and easy breakfast with some fruits and bredden flour they brought with them. Finally he throws some cha‘ah leaves in the water, hoping the travellers will wake up without him having to actually wake them or shout around.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2005, 11:26:22 PM »

Capher's heard the rustle of someone moving, he opened his eyes but did not move and watched the scene play before him.  Morcannan was very quick with a sword, even wounded and Teri seemed to be a very gently soul.  He could see the two figures close together. They seemed to be talking. And though Capher could have listened in on their conversations he decided not to.

It was not long when he heard the first sign that morning was arriving; the singing of the birds.  Then he saw Lieofin begin to prepare the morning meal and some tea.  Capher arose, walked to Lieofin, "May I ask you some questions, Master Lieofin?" He asked quietly.

Capher.

Logged
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 02:49:22 AM »

Lieofin

Addressed by Capher, Lieofin sets the pan with the fruits and bredden porridge aside and rises from his low position. With a friendly expression he answers:

"Of course. Just ask, I will answer as best as I can!"

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2005, 05:36:22 AM »

Ta'las wakes and quietly goes about eating his morning meal without disturbing the others.  At one point, his rubs his chin, and realizes a thick stubble has grown on his face.  When he is finished, he nods politely to his companions, collects his pack and longsword and walks his Aj'nuvic to the nearby riverbed.  As Desert Rose drinks and grazes on the lush grass, Ta'las washes his face and torso, and shaves.

After his morning ablutions, Ta'las runs through a short series of stretches, fighting stances, guards, and thrusts.  Though he has no opponent to work against, he concentrates on breathing deeply breathing and maintaining balance during his routine.

When the Shendar is finished his exercises, he brushes Desert Rose's soft fur.  "You are looking well today, my friend," he says.  The Aj'nuvic rumbles softly, enjoying Ta'las's ministrations, but stomps his feet once the Shendar is finished.

"Do not be so hasty.  We will be going soon."  The Shendar returns to camp and sits quietly next to Capher.  

Ta'las

Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2005, 01:01:22 PM »

'Teri's lack of knowledge about this little group was slightly disappointing to Morcaanan, but he let it pass. Their speech degenerated into eventual silence. Morcaanan had taken the proffered bedroll and laid down with it propped behind his head, but never slept.

As the camp stirred, he sat up and watched the activity around him, feeling suddenly useless. His eyes trailed over the others, trying to pick out what he could about them.

His glance eventually trailed over to the sleeping woman, and he frowned. If she was a warrior - and the way she dressed, along with he rweapons said she was - why was she sleeping so deeply?

He remembered Teri's statement earlier: powers....

His curiosity had been whetted, but he said and did nothing, content to let events unfold.



Edited by: Morcaanan at: 8/24/05 14:56
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2005, 11:31:22 PM »

Capher smiled. "Master Lieofin have you ever heard the term, White Wolf before?" He asked quietly as he kept one eye on the others waking up and one eye upon the elder dwarf, his blue one.

Capher.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 26
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx