* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reunion  (Read 35523 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 04:49:22 AM »

Lieofin is a bit surprised about this question. Why does the man ask this - now, after he has done something with the wolf pack? But he doesn‘t know any special meaning to this word - name? - so he answers:

„No, I heard, that there are existing some rare exemplars, but it is nothing which brings a bell to ring. Why are you asking?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2005, 12:02:22 AM »

Capher almost sighed an audible sigh of relief. Lieofin did not know who he was.  Which was good or it could be bad, depending upon the circumstances.  He just hoped he would not have to use magic again...at least not for awhile.

Capher shrugged his shoulders, "It is nothing important master Lieofin, just a name.  I assume you know magic, why, then, do you not heal Morcaanan?  Also, if you do not mind all of these questions.  Do you know where Talia is and in what kind of condition she is in?  You see my friend over there, Ta'las, he is on some sort of mission to find her.  And I too would like to see her.  She is an acquaintance of mine and we sort of lost each other a while back and I would dearly love to see her again.  She is as a dear friend, as Terra there is laying on the blanket."  Capher paused as he looked at the sleeping form of Terra then continued, "What happened to her that she is so...so battle worn?"  Capher asked trying to find the right words.  He was also thinking but did not ask And how are you and Terri involved?"  He reached for a tin cup and dipped it into the pot of tea and handed it to Lieofin.  "Here, to keep off the morning chill while you formulate your answers to my questions."  

Capher above all wanted to waylay this elf's suspicions and to make himself as friendly as possible.  If they were to become traveling companions in the future, Capher must have their complete trust. However, he thought wryly, lying to the man is not a very good start.  But, what do I do? It would take days to explain and even then he doubted that anything he said would be believed.  Who would believe in this time of peace, that war was just around the corner.  Eckra was already gathering his forces up north, besides his sending demons and even entering Capher's mind.  Which will never happen again.  Capher found the way Eckra found in and closed it...forever.  How long has it been?  His mission is becoming more desperate and more dangerous!

Capher.

Logged
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 04:50:22 AM »

OOC: Capher, please use present tense! Thanks



Lieofin




Lieofin looks attentively at Capher. What does this strange old strong magic using man want? What are his goals? Does he really think, he will tell a stranger he doesn‘t know everything he asks? Though it seems, that it is the Capher lady Artemos was talking about - but when they met, he didn‘t recognise her. So he answers cautiously:

„Thanks for the tea, Capher. But I don‘t need time to 'formulate‘  my answer, for there will be none. Though Lady Artemos seems to know you and called you by your name, you didn‘t recognise her, you didn‘t even know her name in the beginning. You behaved strange, when you left the camp, I felt, that you used strong magic over there in the forest, but then you don‘t seem to know, that a watermage like me has no healing abilities, if he didn‘t have extra training in this field. So before I answer you any questions, maybe you better tell me, who you are?  But I think it is better, we get back now to the Quallian, you may answer my questions on the way, or at our next  stop. „

With this said, Lieofin puts away the cup and gets up.

Maybe we should wake the ladies, for our way back will be long as well.“

He looks a bit helpless around, hoping that Teri will awake on her own account.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 8/25/05 20:52
Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2005, 11:29:22 PM »

Talia OOC, I thought I was, sorry.

Capher is taken aback by what Lieofin told him.  The elder elf knows more than Capher thought. But how?  "Master Lieofin I am shamed at my subterfuge.  I shall tell you all what I know as soon as we arrive at our destination. I shall get ready to leave.  I think the rest will rise as soon as they smell that delicious tea. I take your leave, master Lieofin."

Capher walks over to his small bedroll and quickly ties it up.  He is shaking his head over and over and mumbling to himself. "I knew, I just knew that by lying would not be the way to make friends.  I should have just told the truth in the begininng."  Capher is sad and mad at himself at the same time as he prepares for the trip.

Capher.

Edited by: Aueniteri at: 8/27/05 23:55
Logged
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »

'Teri leaves, having simply ran out of things to say, and sits next to her pack where her bedroll had been. She never got back to sleep, her adrenaline still rushing from nearly having her head severed. For a moment, she wondered if he really would have, but dismisses the thought. No, once he knew what it was, and he had awoken before he'd actually hit her, he had stopped.

With this relief, she lets her mind wander, but it never wanders far, and she seems rather focused until now, as light is starting to penetrate the sky, she stands, and turns to face away from them all. The old man and the elf-mage, Lieofin, engage in a conversation that she chooses to ignore, although it is not easy for her, and she catches some fair pieces of it. As their talking ceases, she turns back  around and looks them all over again, from the still-sleeping Terra to the old man, the Shendar Ta'las, Jeharaid, and Lieofin. Everyone, she decides, has a purpose, but what?

She happened along and was more or less dragged into it by the demon's first - or at least, first to her - appearance. Jeharaid is simply a victim of a wolf attack, although his prowess is obvious. This skill of his is undoubtedly useful, and probably fate has brought him here to use that skill. She, however, she notes to herself, cannot claim even that.

Gradually, a thought dawns on her mind. A horrid, dark idea, but a possibility nonetheless. Could her entire purpose be to drag Garrek into the fray? It seems as though two sides are fighting for something, and so far, the people representing some unseen entity have prevailed. Is it possible, as was evinced by Furchego's hideous transformation, that the opposing power has determined to take a similar strategy?

Quickly, she turns away again and takes a few steps away from where she had been standing. If a being offered Garrek anything he wanted, would he take it? The answer is obvious: Garrek, naturally, believes he can defeat anyone in any manner of mind-test, and if it came to a battle of wit and will, he would gladly accept the challenge, considering the rewards were purported to be massive, and the risk and challenge something he felt himself easily above.

A slow panic takes her, and she dares not look back to the rest of them, for fear they will recognize her fear. The idea answers the questions of the moment, but raises not only the questions, but also, in her mind, the risks of the future. She clasps her hands tightly together in front of her, entertaining the idea that it might be safer for them all were she to simply disappear. Then again, if Garrek were to prove a serious problem, it is always possible that she could distract him, enough, at least, to let them move on.


-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Logged

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2005, 08:44:22 AM »

Ta'las nods as Capher and Lieofin conclude their conversation.  It is definitely time to be going, he thinks.  He notes the contrition in his friend's features and follows him to his bedroll.  He claps Capher on the shoulder and chuckles.  "Your face is too honest, old man."  He grins at Capher before stowing his bedroll away in his pack.

The Shendar then approaches Jeharaid, smiling politely at 'Teri as he passes her.  She seems understandably preoccupied, after what happened last night.  

He stops before the newcomer, "how is your leg feeling this morning, Jeharaid?  We will be leaving shortly for the Quallian, and if you need help getting your things together, I will be happy to be of help."

Ta'las

Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2005, 10:56:22 AM »

Jeharaid had been watching the elvish girl until the Shendar approached him with an offer of assistance and the name of their destination
Morcaanan cocks an eyebrow at this.

"The Quallian? That's an elvish forest is it not?"

He holds up his pack and sword. "I'm usually always ready to be on the move, thank you; what I would think I really need is something to ride - and help getting on it."

It is obvious that these people intended for him to go with them, and he is hardly in a position to disagree. And, well, he owes them a debt, which seems to be getting larger by the moment.

He looks around for 'Teri and notices her standing apart. He watches her for a moment - she seems...tense? Perhaps she has not been to the Quallian either but thinks something awaits her?

He puts the musings aside and slings his pack onto his back; with Ta'las help he stands and buckles his sword belt on, then waits, standing more or less on one foot while waiting for the others.



Edited by: Morcaanan at: 8/29/05 2:56
Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2005, 12:23:22 AM »

Capher was lost in thought when he felt that familiar slap and heard that familiar voice. "Your face is too honest, old man."  Capher smiled.  He was about to reply but Ta'las had already moved along and was heading toward Morcaanan as he did he gave Teri a friendly nod of his head. Capher frowned then, he thought he always held his emotions in check and never showed them.  Maybe he was becoming careless or maybe the fight he had with Eckra over his mind had done something?  Capher hoped it was not serious.

Capher finally saw the young lady as Injera's light slowly broke through the shadows of night.  She was not a full elf, but a half-elf.  She had most of the features of an elf; the slender form, the cheekbones, and small bone structure. She seemed to be lost in deep thought.  Capher wondered if it was because of what she had seen in the forest.  He quickly stowed his pack upon Desert Rose and then walked over to the young lady.  "M'lady. Teri, is it? May I ask what troubles you?"

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 8/29/05 16:32
Logged
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2005, 06:48:22 AM »

'Teri blinks lightly, closes her eyes, and turns to the old man, still looking at the ground. Eventually, she opens her eyes and looks up to him, trying her best to remove the apprehension from her face as she does so. "I suppose, but it's... nothing important, I think."


-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2005, 11:15:22 PM »

"I suppose, but it's... nothing important, I think." Capher looked at her eyes and thought differently but he did not argue with the young lady.  He thought of something else that may draw her out. "I have learned in my travels that even the tiniest scrap of information, no matter if it may seem to us as trivial at the time can be very useful and even important to ourselves or even to others...given time and trust.  Sometimes we have to learn to trust others, even if we have just met them and just in case we have not been properly introduced I am called Capher, pronounced Saw-Faire.  I suspect that Teri is not your full name, for you carry elven blood within you.  A most noble bloodline. A bloodline that exceeds even human.  Depend upon that bloodline Teri, for it will guide you more than you think.  I will not press you anymore on this matter until you are ready to speak.  I must see to my friend Terra over there.  So unless you have something you wish to ask or say, I shall take your leave of you for the time being."

Capher noticed that Ta'las had helped Morcaanan to his feet.  He spoke to no one in particular. "It seems our wounded friend is ready to go, we only wait for Terra."

Capher.

Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2005, 03:40:22 AM »

Ta'las nods to Morcaanan's initial question.  "Yes, we travel to the elven wood.  One of my people was gravely wounded and is in their care.  I have been bidden to find her and help the elves with her recovery.  These others are companions of hers."  The Shendar feels a brief pang of guilt when he realizes he still has not found Talia Sturmwind, and he hopes she has not succumbed to her injuries.

He smiles at Jeharaid.  "We should be able to find you a place to ride - possibly with 'Teri or Lieofin.  I do not mean to be inhospitable, but my mount," he says with a brief nod at Desert Rose, "tends to jostle his riders about.  Though you are young and strong, it would not do your leg any good."

A though crosses Ta'las's mind as he glances at Jeharaid's tunic.  "I am just wondering.  What has brought you so far from your homeland?   I recognize your manner of dress, though I have only seen a few Korweynites during my time in Bardavos.”

Ta'las

Logged

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 706


Human, Korweynite


« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2005, 12:35:22 PM »

Having never ridden an Ajnuvic before, Morcaanan decides to take Anthavins word for it.
Jeharaid refrains from pointing out that the smart thing to do would probably be for him to share 'Teri's mount; however, it is not his choice, and he says nothing to avoid being improper.

Talas' question catches him off guard, and his hand reflexively reaches for the star tucked beneath his tunic. Mastering himself quickly he shrugs and replies -

"I had some trouble with my family back home, and had to leave; it would not have done for me to stay, really."

All very true, if not very detailed, but the man was after all, a stranger.



Logged

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character
*
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1002

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian


« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2005, 06:28:22 AM »

Stilling the sudden influx of apprehension and the "butterflies" by sheer force of will, 'Teri looks up to him again.

"You are right, about my name. It is Aueniteri," she informed him, carefully anunciating each of the first three letters almost as its own syllable, as is proper.

"I just... 'Teri seems much easier for people to recognize me as." The smallest of smiles forces its way across her lips, raising her countenance just a tiny bit.


-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Logged

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2005, 10:00:22 AM »

Ta'las nods at Jeharaid.  He understands the man's reticence - he is alone and amongst a group of strangers.  "I apologize for prying.  Now is not the time to be speaking," he says, as his thoughts go back to Talia.  He recalls his mother-sister urging him to quickly find the Shendar woman.

"Old man, perhaps you should wake your sleeping friend," he calls to Capher and nods to Terra's sleeping form.  "You have what we came for, and now is time to see to the task of helping Talia.  We must go," he adds, looking at the others.

The Shendar looks at 'Teri.  "If it is not an inconvenience to you, would you be willing to have our new companion ride with you?"

Ta'las

Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2005, 10:59:22 PM »

Quote:
"Old man, perhaps you should wake your sleeping friend," he calls to Capher and nods to Terra's sleeping form. "You have what we came for, and now is time to see to the task of helping Talia. We must go," he adds, looking at the others.


Ta'las's quick short statement and look took Capher away from his conversation from Teri.  He looked caringly at the sleeping form of Terra.  "Teri it shall be then.  My friend, as usual is right.  We must be on our way. Daylight is burning. If you will please excuse me Teri, Capher said smiling back at her, "I will try and wake our warrioress up." Capher then did a small bow and left Teri as Ta'las asked her if she would'nt mind if Morcaanan could ride with her.

Capher walked over to where Terra slept.  He slowly knelt beside her, brushed back a few strands from her face and gently, almost like a mother would speak to a child, said, "Terra, it is time to wake."  Just that small touch and Capher could feel the weariness she carried.  He also felt the deep sorrow and pain she carried as well.  He thought about trying to help her rid her of that sorrow and pain.  But remembered something his Master had told him; "Sometimes Capher it is not wise to ease someone's pain or sorrow.  The pain or sorrow becomes part of them, makes them who they are. If the pain or sorrow makes them a stronger person, then why take that away?"

Capher at first did not understand his Master's words at the time, but after living with humans so many milliea, he has come to understand.  But he could help her with her battle-weariness.  Though, he thought, that the sleep she has received, probably helped her as well.  He took a look around, to see if anyone was watching him closely.  He doubted anyone, except maybe, Lieofin could feel what he did next.

Capher again swept some hair from Terra's face.  He realized that as a warrioress she could awaken very quickly, but her battle worn tiredness would probably keep her at least groggy enough for him to do what he was going to do.  With his fingers slightly touching both sides of Terra's temples, he closed his eyes, calmed his spirit and let a minute piece of his energy flow through Terra's body.  He was done in less than a minute.  He opened his eyes and looked down at Terra and once again said, "Terra, it is time to wake."

Capher.

Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2849
Latest: abigailjordan
Stats
Total Posts: 214569
Total Topics: 8052
Online Today: 26
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx