Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reunion  (Read 34253 times)
In the Quallian
New Santharian

« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2005, 05:05:22 PM »

Kurrun follows the strange group of foreigners Lieofin has in his lead. Lady Artemos he knew already, but this other half elf is not with them. In her place is young man from the burned woman's tribe and somebody, whose aura is not that of a man, like his form now suggests. The two men sit down near the bed, where the Shendar woman lies. The old man touches her temples, and Kurrun‘s Oh'mód'hál feels great power at work. The shendar man starts to recite Shendar myths,but this won‘t help, as long as Talia‘s essence is not back, and Kurrun can‘t feel anything till now.

Concentrated on what happens with Talia and the old man, Kurrun misses, that Lady Artemos is about to faint. Her leg crumble under her, but Lieofin is at her side immediately.

The Shendar looks up shortly and asks Lieofin for help as well. Lieofin, gifted with some Oh'mód'hál as well, sees, that he can‘t help Lady Artemos with his abilities as a water mage.

“"Lieofin, I need help. My head is in pain." Lady Artemos complains.

Lieofin lifts her carefully from the floor and puts her on another bed in the room.
„I can‘t help you myself, lady Artemos, but I will look for help immediately!“

He steps out of the door and comes soon back with one of the healers, who have watched over Talia, but left the room, when her friends arrived, trying to give them some privacy.

Avi'Sharu follows Lieofin back into the room. With a little sigh she looks at the red-haired woman. She had watched over her, when the strangers arrived first in Aer‘ylferian. Why can‘t this woman give her body rest, till it has healed completely?

„Lady Artemos, some pain relief will come soon, Muriel is a apprentice of Nehtor, and he will bring you some herbal infusion, but the best are his hands, you will see.“
Avi'Sharu put her hand on Terras throbbing head, trying to cool or warm it a bit, what ever is needed now. Maybe this helps already, till Muriel will arrive.

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2005, 06:44:22 AM »

The woman is still sitting motionless on the bolder. Time stands still for her, no emotion enlightens her face. But suddenly, she looks up, as if something has touched her. She even turns around, but after a while, she sits back, hunched over, sitting in utter silence again.

A little animal is hiding. It is afraid of the big forms moving around and sitting so close to its place. However, this place is smelling slightly like another place it knew well a while ago. So it stays near this old place, hiding closely curled to it, on the other side of this big form which emanates light.

Swing doesn‘t like the presence of the newcomers. Though one of them smells like he should, after desert and mil‘no, the other is too close by her bonding partner, doing strange things to her - and that is nothing Swing likes. She wants to lick this calm face, maybe it would be a bit more lively again - as she is used to. But for now, this glowing foreigner stands between her and her love.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2005, 06:55:22 AM »

Muriel is entering the room, and though he is quiet and calm and doesn‘t say a word to not to disturb what happens there with the burned woman, the room lights up. He steps to Terra, kneeing at her bed and giving her the herbal infusion he has brought with him.

„Lady Terra,“ he whispers „have some of this drink, and it will help you to feel better, though it is not very strong!“

As soon as Terra has had the tea, he lays his hands slightly on her forehead and starts to pray - without word, for they would only disturb what happens at the other end of the room. And as his prayers find their way to Nehtor, his hands seem to draw something out of Terras head. Muriel is a gifted apprentice, he has the magical ability of his grandfather kurrun to feel the Oh‘mod‘hal. He senses the latent magic ability of this woman - maybe the tensions are coming from here? He sends soothing and cooling emotions towards Terra, convinced, that it will help - for today his belief is strong.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2005, 09:02:22 AM »

Terra could hardly will herself to move through the pain when Lieofin carefully lifts her from the floor and places her on another bed. With nothing more she can do for Talia, Terra focuses on healing herself, and tries to put Talia's condition out of her mind for the time being. Even if he can not do anything for her himself, she is relieved to know that he has gone to find someone that can ease her pain. Spotting Lieofin returning from the corner of her eye, Terra gently rolls her head to look towards him and winces in pain.

Terra watches as a female elf follows him, realizing that it was the elf that had watched over her when she had first arrived. Avi'Sharu looks at Terra and sighs as she kneels beside Terra's bed, reassuring her that relief from her pain will come soon, and then places a hand on Terra's head. Terra can feel her head soothed by Avi'Sharu’s touch, but it does little to ease the pain. Then a male elf comes, Terra can only assume is Muriel, takes the place of Avi'Sharu at her side, and lifting Terra’s head gently then whispers instructions for her to drink the liquid placed at her lips. Even though he tells her it’s not strong, Terra drinks it eagerly willing to take any relief she can get. When she finishes the tea he lowers her head back to the bed, then lays his hands on her forehead and begins silently reciting what Terra assumes are prayers. Terra can only hope this elfs prayer are answered as the tea begins its work dulling the pain some and the room stops spinning though the disorientation remains.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Edited by: Terra Artemos at: 9/14/05 5:32
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2005, 02:24:22 AM »

inside Talia's mind

Capher continued calling all the while tearing at the fabric of this wall.  He senses that though this fabric or wall can be reached through Talia's brain, it is in reality, outside of her brain and is like a doorway between dimensions.  Much like what his Master Talon had told him long ago about what seperates where he came from and Caelereth.  

Capher did not understand all that he said but he knew that Talon's father, Ethan, after his last battle with Eckra the Cruel, the last and strongest of the Black Wizards during the War of the Chosen, had disappeared and then reappeared to battle the Mo'chran.  Ethan Hawke was never seen after that.  But shortly afterwards Talon shows up in the Wizards Tower hidden high amongst the peaks of the Prominent mountains.  

He told Capher where he came from and that he was looking for his father.  Capher told him all that he knew.  Talon tried to leave the castle to look for his father, but found out that somehow his corporeal body was still upon the Isle of Mythe, but his spirit, his essence, was there in Caelereth.  And as long as he did leave the Castle he was ok, but if he tried to leave, he would die, eventually as his power and life force would slowly drain away.  

Talon assumed that was what happened to his father.  So he and Capher decided that Talon stay in the Castle and Capher would be his eyes and ears for him.  To battle evil of any kind that the world of Caelereth could not do so themselves.  In essence he took his father's place. Now , somehow Eckra has broken through the wall seperating himself from Coor's dominion to this world and is planning on continuing where he left off.

Capher yelled once again. "Talia, can you hear me?  If you can hear me, follow my voice and come to me.  Talia, we need you.  Talia?"

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2005, 04:34:22 AM »

Terra , Muriel

„Lady Artemos, “ Muriel whispers, „the gods will grant you more help, if you belief, that I can help you. Relax, put down all worries, there is nothing you can do now. The best for all is, if you recover soon, but to come to this, you need to give up all responsibility you might feel. Just let you fall down, feel your body resting on the soft moss. Your limbs are getting heavy, you are tired, and you will sleep now sound and fast till your body has had all the rest it needs.

Muriel lits a tiny oil lamp he has brought with him, and a fter a short time, a scent is filling the room, which is hard to describe, not sweet, not loud, not really agreeable, but somehow breathing is easier for Terra, and Muriel hopes, that this herb will soothe her severe headache as well and bring her the needed sleep.

Talia

The woman sitting on the bolder in the dark land gets frightened again. She jerks, but then, suddenly she stands up and looks up the way she was coming. There was something, someone is calling. Talia. Again. Talia. Who might this Talia be? Who is calling? Is this Talia coming down to join her? After a while the woman takes place again on the bolder, but this time, she faces upwards. She wipes her hand at her clothes, somehow she has the feeling, as if something touches her hand, but when looking at it, she can‘t see anything.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2005, 10:21:22 AM »

Ta'las is uncertain that his recounting is working, though he can see that Capher does not struggle as much as before, as if he is closer to reaching his goal.

Before he continues, he spots Talia’s dune mouse, peering furtively at him from one of the folds of Talia’s blanket.  He swallows hard, as he recalls the saying ‘gambling on a mouse’.  I hope our chances are not so slim, Ta’las thinks, as he grabs a small handful of redberries from his pack, and offers them to the skittish creature.  He leaves the berries in a small pile on Talia’s blanket near her face.

He looks up at the Aj'nuvic, who is defintely torn between soothing her bondmate and getting too close to these strangers.  Ta’las whispers, ‘All a Shendar needs is the wide desert and his Aj’.  

He moves away from the head of Talia’s bed to give the Aj’nuvic room beside her face.  “Come, your bondmate needs your help,” he says softly, using the Shendar language.  “Talia needs you now, more than before.”  He beckons with a smile.  The Shendar opens his pack, which he has laid near Talia’s bed, and pulls out a small handful of young Alth'ho grass leaves, something Desert Rose enjoys at times.  “Perhaps if I continue with my story, you will be more at ease,” Ta’las says, more to himself than anyone in the room.  

Holding the young, succulent Alth’ho in one hand, and Talia's in the other, Ta’las continues the tale.

"…And so, convinced that she knows the way to bring water to the land of the shifting sand and hammering heat, Baveras seeks out Grother’s aid once again.  This time, she asked Grothar to bring rain to the forests now called Sharadon and the Narfost Plains to help with her plan.  Uncertain of her intention, Grothar, the god of cloud, rain and wind, agreed to help her in this task.  He brought a storm of such intensity that a mighty rain fell upon the Sharadon Forest and the plain north of the dry desert.  From this rain, Baveras created rivers to span the plain and spill over the edge of a massive cliff that brought life to a small northern expanse of the desert.  The rivers were not wide enough to cross the huge sand dunes, but instead the two in the west turned away from the hot lands to be lost in the vast Aetryam Sea, just as the river in the east was consumed by heat-drenched desert sands.  We know this to be the Délran'már, the Vanishing Waters.

But brave Baveras did not  despair, for her plan was coming to fruition.  For though her rivers turned away from the desert, the Délran'már would become her means to bring water to the desert.  And though her task was not yet complete, the Goddess of the Sea exulted, for she could see the end of her trial was near…”

Ta'las

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2005, 01:14:22 PM »

Terra looks up at Muriel, as she tries to relax.

"I know, where is nothing more my body nor my blade can do for Talia now. I place myself in your hands."

Muriel was right she does feel tired, exausted even, it is only the pain that keeping her awake. Muriel lit an oil lamp he had brough with him and soon Terra could smell an undescribable yet not truely agreeble scent coming from it, it did however sooth the pain in her head and made breathing through the remaining pain easier. Terra put her full trust in Muriel's judgment and ablities, soon falling into the sound sleep he had promised her.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2005, 03:23:22 AM »

Capher continues yelling Talia's name as he struggles to keep the fabric from closing.  "Talia.  Talia, listen to me. A Shendar brother is here.  He searches for you. Terra is here, she also worries about you.  Talia do you remember the giant, and how I changed into a female one to get him away from our group?  And then how you gave me some of that special stuff you carry, because I was exhausted from the strain of shape-shifting so many times in such a short amount of time.  Do you remember what I said to you, after I drank it?  You laughed so hard.  I remember your laughter, your kindness, your gentleness.  Yet, you have a strong constitution, a strong will, made of steel that no man or beast could ever break.  That is the will you must rely upon now! Embrace it!  Let if flow through you and allow it to strengthen you! To help you come to me.  Come to me Talia Sturmwind! Daughter of the Desert! Wielder of the Sword!"  

Each sentence Capher said he sent it on a stream of wind until it was a gale by the time he finished.  He hoped the wind would take his words to Talia and bring her to him.

Outside Capher's knees buckled, but then they straightned and more beads of sweat began to form and his robe grew dimmer, but did not brighten as before.  As Capher fought against the fabric and was using powers he had not used in a long time, powers that had begun to fade because of not being used.

But powers he was going to have to use and many more throughout this task. Using those powers gave him certain revelations: Talia was, had to be with him when he faced Eckra.  He knew that now, and he knew or guessed what the sword was that she carried.  The Sword of Fury!  He also realized that is why Eckra tried to kill her.  But what of the other's?  Each one had a role. Capher was certain of it.  Talia was the Wielder of the Sword.  But who were the others? And where did the Heart fit in?  Questions, that had no answers...yet.

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2005, 04:58:22 AM »

Fluffy

The dune mouse looks with shiny black eyes to the red berries, hurries over the blanket and munches them down in a couple of minutes. Then she tilts her head and gazes at man as if she tries to find out, if more could come from this source. But as the man doesn‘t move, she cleans her whiskers and hurries back to her nest, putting her wet nose into Talias palm and breathing in it.

Swing:
Swing finally overcomes her fear of the glowing man and steps closer to Talia, as the other man who smells like desert is moving away from her head, starting again to caress the still motionless face with her soft lips.

Talia:

Something is disturbing the silence the woman was in for such a long time now. Someone is calling this Talia, why isn‘t she answering? the woman thinks. The voice is quite obtrusive and tells this and that, it names other people Terra, should she know a Terra? What bothers her, if there is a giant somewhere?

Then she hears another voice, a very familiar one, somehow, a gentle one. It tells of water in the desert, of the watergoddess Baveras. The woman turns the name around in her mind. Baveras, Baveras. Water, water - here is no water. She gets up and looks around, there is no water, what is water? For some time she stands motionless, though she has the feeling , as if something pushes she forward, wants her to go up the path. She goes some steps, up the dusty hill, but feels too tired and sits down in the dust on the path. She wants to sleep, but there is nothing she could rest on, except the path, but it looks stony. So she just stays where she is, sitting in the dust, head hanging down, eyes closed. She is too tired to listen to the voices.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2005, 01:06:22 AM »

Inside Talia's mind

Capher listens and looks and sees and hears nothing as he hopes Talia would hear him and come to him.  He finally decides to make a choice.  It would take much from him, but it seemed liked it was the only choice of action to take.

He closes his eyes, and searches deep inside of himself, until he taps powers he has not had to tap in eons. Then he opens his eyes and projects himself into the other dimension.  He then begins to walk down the dusty, stony path, calling out Talia's name.  "Talia, where are you?  I am coming.  Please just say something so I know where you are. Talia!"

Outside of Talia's mind

Capher's body suddenly stiffens, his robe brightens so much it was almost looking at Injera herself, at her zenith in the middle of the sky and his face and his skin seem to turn to stone, like a firey statue Capher stands there with his fingers pressed against Talia's temples.

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2005, 05:57:22 AM »

The woman looks slowly up. Again this calling for Talia. It is annoying and disturbing her privacy. Dark grey dust swirls up and makes it even less impossible to see through the red-grey shaded darkness. There is movement somewhere uphill. And again this calling. The woman wishes, that all the noise would go away, she is so tired, but instead  the persistent noise comes nearer. An old man is coming down the path, his clothes are as grey as the dust on the path, but his eyes have a liveliness which feels wrong in this place. The woman looks at the feet of the man, but finally she looks up in his face. Should she know it? Somehow it looks familiar. But lifting the head means using up some of the last strength which is in her, so she looks down again, waiting that the man goes away.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2005, 10:45:22 AM »

Ta'las' turns his face to the side as Capher's robe glows with such intensity that he must hold up one hand to cover his face.  "Falls and fells!"  It is difficult to tell in all this light, but it looks almost like the old man's skin has turned to stone.  "Capher!  Are you all right?"

After a few moments, his vision adjusts somewhat to the light, though he must still cover his eyes.  It looks as though Capher is still breathing, and since the old man has not fallen over, Ta'las figures he is still in control of himself.

Ta'las looks over at the Aj'nuvic and speaks softly in Shendar.  "It is all right, friend.  See, your bondmate still needs you."  He then whistles at the little dune mouse and grabs another handful of redberries, which he leaves on the blanket next to him.

The Shendar rubs Talia's hand.  He speaks softly, again in his native language.  "Talia, please be well.  Your Aj is in need of you - she is scared and alone."

He begins recounting his story.

“…pleased at her cleverness, Baveras dove deep into the waters of the mighty river, following its course far into the depths of the earth.  She filled every crevice, every crack and every cave with the life-giving water flowing from the river, just as she had done when the world was young and being made. A maze of new channels was opened beneath the surface of the desert lands for the water to flow into. Everywhere that the waters of the Délran'mar were running still strong, a lake formed deep in the ground.”

Ta’las smiles wistfully then and looks up at Talia.  “The Shendar have been doubly blessed, Talia Sturmwind.  We have both Aj’nuvic and water, and because of both of those gifts, the Shendar alone thrive in the Rahaz-Dath.”

Ta’las continues.

“Finally, Baveras reached the salty waters of the Burning Sea, and she knew she had won.  The Goddess of the Sea burst up through the mass of sand and rocks, whose great weight gave way to her will.”

The Shendar smiles fiercely, imagining Baveras blasting through the earth.  

“It did not take long for water to flow to many places in the vast desert lands.  Here and there, the water surged to the surface, forming wells and springs and even small ponds.  With time, plants were able to take root and much of the vast desert turned green, beckoning many animals to come to this newly changed land.  Even where the water could not reach the surface, it sat not far below in deep wells.  In other places, small water holes formed, and in others a calm pond or oasis came into being, but from the sky, they could not be seen.”

“Except for one place, Talia.  It was there, many years before our time, that Baveras created the loveliest image one can imagine, the Seven Jewels.  That is the place where my mother-sister showed me the image of a Shendar woman who had been badly burned.  The woman is tall and strong with long, dark hair that falls down her back.  She has grey eyes with a sparkle of green that shine like fire.  And the woman’s image was your’s, Talia Sturmwind.”

Ta'las

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2005, 08:32:22 PM »

The man doesn‘t go away, and the woman continues staring at his feet. But there is this other, distant voice as well, the soft one, which is not so screaming around. He mentions this Talia as well, again and again. Why don‘t they go to this Talia and give her peace?

Seven Jewels, the voice says, she has heard of this place before, and of Baveras, she is the watergoddess. But here is no water, so why are talking this voices about the watergoddess? Now being reminded that there is no water in this dull landscape, she gets thirsty again. Her throat is dried out, and probably she couldn‘t say a word, if she would wish to. But there is no need to do so. The distant voice tells again things about this Talia, about her aj and her hair. But the woman doesn‘t want to hear anything anymore, her head drops again.

The aj'nuvic jumps back, when the old man starts to glow again, but the reeassuring words of the other right smelling one reassures it to go back and to nuble at least from a safe distance at the growing hair.

The dunemouse however , not so frightebned, goes for the next
redberries before it vanishes in the shade of the blankets again.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2005, 03:57:22 AM »

Capher finds Talia, but she does not seem to be able to lift her head, nor does she respond to his calling.  So he kneels beside her and gently takes her face in his hands and raises it and looks at her gentle, but far away look, eyes.  "Talia, I have found you.  Please come with me.  You have friends and a kinsman who wishes for you to come with me.  If you have no strength, then I will carry you if you would like.  But please come with me out of this land of death into the land of the living, once more."  He says as gentle as he can. Hoping, beyond hope that she hears and comes with him.  For his strength and power, as much as he has is slowly fading in this place.

Outside, Capher's robe again begins to dim lower and lower as his powers begin to fade.  Deep within himself he hears Ta'las's voice and hopes that Talia will too.

Capher.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]