Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The High Elven Circle  (Read 26824 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 06:30:22 AM »

Nuryia Merin is Leias for 33 years now, and the Ylfferhim have chosen her advisedly. Her talent of dealing with people, talking to them, being just silent, knowing when not to interrupt others, just waiting what she would get to know while listening makes her to one of the most successful leaders of her time. So she doesn‘t interrupt the guests talking to each other.

However, Aikirana, though she is known as being as wise as she is old, has retained herself a humorous way of dealing with other people, who is often regarded as very unelfish. So she looks quite amused at the shocked faces of their guests, for she had nearly expected such a reaction. Though the situation is earnest, she doesn‘t think that it helps much to ponder how bad and dangerous the world is or what hardship and disaster may wait for them but that an encouraging word or even a funny remark will release the tension in the room and help to get a clearer view for their problems.

So,though remaining seated she waves with her hand towards Capher and Terra.

“ No need to defend your friend, young Lady.“
Then she focusses on Capher and addresses him with a nearly teasing voice.
“Nice speech you held, White Wolf, it impressed us very much. Though it seems to me, that you are getting old as well. At least you changed your appearance considerately, I only realised it is you when using my Oh‘modal. But I would have expected from a wise being as you to recognise old acquaintances. But I see, I‘m not alone with loosing my memory slowly but surely“ she says with a twinkle in her old eyes.
“ But, no need to discuss this now, I think this Lady wants to say something as well!“
And with this said, she points over to Talia.

Talia hears Capher‘s story and is shocked. She had known, that he is a shapeshifter, but a dragon this old? But that is not what sends cold waves down her spine. He had called her Daughter of the Dessert, not for the first time - but he had never mentioned, that he thought that she and Terra had such an important role in the whole adventure - if one could call this quest a mere adventure.

She is distracted, when the old elven woman talks so respectlessly with him, but through this she gets back her ability to speak and not just to stare like a weak mind.

“But Capher, “ she says as the old woman points at her, now turning to Capher. “I can‘t be what you are seeing in me. I‘m not born in the desert, at least I don‘t know, where I am born. The Shen-D‘Auras found me when I was already an adult! I have lost my memory of the first part of my life. And my sword - it is lost anyway, and it never had the properties of the Sword of Fury anyway. Why  do you think or how do you know that we two, Terra and me are of importance to your task? Why not Teri or Ta'las? And the Heart is lost as well! “

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 11/6/05 22:44
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 02:35:22 PM »

Terra takes to her seat as the elder elf speaks again, laying her Moon Blade across her lap, and listen intently as Talia speaks.

"Talia, I was not born on the winter island of Guldor, but my first memories are as an adult there, and yet a piece of my hurt is still bound to that place. I think this is what Capher means by "Daughter of the Desert". He simply means that even though you were not born there, if is bound to your heart as if you were."

Terra turns to Capher with a question of her own.

"Capher, on the way here, after you helped ease the strain of all this, you refered to me in a similar manner, and again just now. You called me "Daughter of Sophronia", and I asked you then who she is, and did not recieve an answer. I ask you again, who is Sophronia?"

Terra's eyes apraise him insistantly as she awaits his anwers to their questions.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 12:34:22 AM »

'Teri watches in amusement as the human women pelt poor Capher with questions. Then again, they are human; what else could one expect? Still, she too is interested, but her mind and eyes wander, first to Ta'las, where they dwell distantly for a short time, then back to Capher, and then to each of the members of the Elven Circle, studying each of them carefully. This is one place she feels she could possibly tell everything, and Garrek would know nothing of it. One place in all of Caelereth that her sould could be lain open to her hearers, and she know it safe. It had to be; Garrek's stench - although it wasn't really a smell, just... a feeling she couldn't quite identify - was not here. It was a comforting thing to know.

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 01:53:22 PM »

Ta'las stands and pats Capher on the shoulder.  "My friend," he says with a grin.  "I think I will speak now and give you a chance to compose your answers."  He walks forward and bows before the members of the High Elven Circle, and though he tries hard to address every member, his eyes are drawn back to the Leias.  For a moment, his throat constricts and his mouth goes dry, as her beauty entrances him, but he stands tall and firm.

"Please excuse me for my rashness, honoured members of this council, as this is my first time in your presence.  I am a simple Shendar warrior, Ta’las, son of An’thavin.”  He nods at the Leias.  “And I would tell you my story if it will help.”

“I was sent some time ago to find my kinswoman, Talia Sturmwind, by my mother-sister, the head of my dome.  She is an aid of Baveras – a powerful priestess.  My mother-sister showed me an image of a burning woman, an image of Talia, in a water-mirror,” he says, motioning to Talia.  He looks back at the members of the High Elven Circle, and once again finds himself lost in Nuryia Merin’s blue eyes.  “She bid me to find Talia, and suggested that I could be of some help – a comfort she said – as we share a similar background.”

Ta’las looks solemnly at Talia.  “Capher has called you ‘Daughter of the Desert’ with good reason I think.  Not only do you know our ways, but you have also befriended an Aj’nuvic.  You only have to embrace your past and accept what your soul tells you who you are.”

He looks back at the High Elven Circle.  “My mother-sister also showed me your city, and that I was to find her here.  You are all most fortunate to live in such a place of beauty, and were my heart not back in the Rahaz-Dath, I would plead with you to remain here when this business is finished.”  Ta’las pauses to recall his trek northward.  “I travelled by ship to the city of Chylikis, and from there travelled northward where I met Capher just south of the Quallian.”  

He rubs his chin and then looks at Aikirana.  “You must possess great magic to know that he is a dragon, though I must admit I am inclined to think of my friend as just an ‘old man’.”  Then Ta’las remembers what was nagging at him.

“Capher has told you much of our journey together, but I believe there are two more piece that could be of some help.  First, he and Talia spoke of a green gem – Thalambath’s Heart – and that it is lost.  However, we know the man – a half-elf, actually, dressed in a silver cape and multicolored clothing – who is in possession of this gem.  Second, Capher said that prior to becoming possessed by Eckra, that the group he had originally hired was travelling to the Prominent Mountains, where he thought to find Kurk's Anvil and a master Dwarven blacksmith to meld Thalambath's Heart to the Sword of Fury.  If that is the case, then one must deduce they already had the Sword of Fury in their possession.”

Ta'las

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 06:59:22 AM »

The Leias looks shortly at the old woman Aikirana, but doesn‘t say anything, the old woman just looks back, maybe her wrinkles around the eyes are a bit deeper now. She likes to tease their Leias now and then, for her perfect appearance and her flawless behaviour often irritates visitors, who soon fall silent, not daring to speak to somebody so overwhelmingly in every respect.

But then Talia speaks, answering Capher a question, and the conversation continues, some of the guests answering part of their own questions. After a while the young Shendar steps forward and tells his story , gives information about the heart and rises the question of where the sword might be.

“ Thank you for all you told us, we are honoured to have such a proud man of the southern deserts in our midst.“ Nuryia smiles at Ta‘las, well aware of the effect she has on him. “We will search for the man you described as soon as we are finished here. The sword, I think Capher can say us more about it. Capher?“

Capher gets again on is feet -  and he doesn‘t act like an old man - bows again slightly to Nuryia and looks then at Talia and says:

„I‘m convinced, that the Desert Daughter‘s sword is the Sword of Fury, and we need to retrieve it to be able to fulfil our task. We need it as urgently back as Thalambath‘s  heart. I have to ask you dearly, to help us to get both items back, for they are essential in fighting Eckra! “ That said, he retreats again at his seat.

“ The sword was lost when the demon was fought, right?  Then it should be not a problem to find it as well, though... you might not need it now, but I will tell you more about this issue later.

I want to answer your question, Lady Artemos, maybe it helps you. Sophronia is not a person, as you might think, but was the capital of an ancient kingdom, Serphelonia. The Sophronians were a matriarchal orientated tribe. Though Sophronia , the capital doesn‘t exist anymore, parts of the tribe survived and even their culture to a certain extent, now living in what we now know as Sanguia.  Capher, you have two special women with you - both from tribes with quite an unusual society...

Well, back to our questions. I still like to hear what you brought you here, personally. I know now, that Capher sees something special in you, Lady Artemos, and I would like to hear the story from your point  as well and I need to know definitely your experiences, Lady Sturmwind, but what me interest even more - why do you think you are part of the group, Lady Aueniteri? But, as you like, whoever feels that she should start, please begin.“

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 09:21:22 AM »

'Teri's entire body tenses, her breathing getting just a little more shallow as Ta'las makes obvious reference to Garrek. Her eyes immediately drop to her hands, her ears pulling back ever so slightly. She wants to tell them why, in her mind, but does she really believe it herself? If she is to draw Garrek in to be an enemy - can she believe her own assumptions?

Garrek strides arrogantly into the building, obvious displeasure written across his face. The Jhellrhim is sitting with some small game in his lap, his skilled hands pulling skin from flesh in a somewhat unfocused manner. "That has to be the one place in all of Caelereth I cannot penetrate. Why in the great dream of Ava would they choose to council there?"

The red-skinned elf simply shrugs. He doesn't know; he doesn't care. He is somewhat put out that none of them has tried to leave Aer'Ylferian. He was looking forward to a good fight, especially with this strange new human weapon. It would make an interesting challenge.

'Teri finally forces herself to stand, and tears her eyes from the ground to face the Leias, if only the Leias. "I should again introduce myself, for those whom I have not been yet priveleged to meet." The voice is not her own. It sounds more like a feminine variation of her father's voice filled with Garrek's false security to her. Yet, the words escape her lips as that. She speaks for a while in Styrash strictly, saying, "I am Aueniteri Seianadriel, the daughter of Sean Driel and Melitana N'dru'Seia, of the Quaelhoirhim. I do not feel there is more to add to the tale of how I became connected with Talia."

"But I think I have the perfect remedy to both our problems. When was the last time you immersed yourself in the flesh of a woman, to gratify your lusts?"

The Jhellrhim finds he enjoys the way Garrek puts it. Drawn out enough that it gives one time to feel it, like the tension before the passion, yet direct enough that there is no mistake in it. Garrek, the Jhellrhim decides, is a poetic man. "What do you have in mind?"

"Traveling with them is a woman, of mostly elven descent. A tender creature, who is certain to pay attention to even the finest detail. A beautiful little thing, as well. Although she may not willingly accept you, I think she would be more than sufficient for your pleasure."

'Teri clears her throat, and continues in Tharian. "The man Ta'las speaks of is my elder brother. Some one of you must have been aware of him; his manner is so outspoken and forthright he is nearly impossible to not notice in such a comely and lovely place. His manner is a very strange cover for his life - he is a murderer, a thief, a maid-seller, and an anarchist. However, my purpose here..." She pauses a bit. She won't be lying if she said something other than what came initially. She has to think. The tiny piece of Eyelian human in her has to be put aside, her fears have to be drowned. She glances briefly back at Capher - trust her elven blood.

The Jhellrhim elf put his kill aside now, to better focus on what Garrek is saying. "What do you want from her?"

Garrek's eyes narrowed. "She must tell you everything that is said in that council. Everything. I have a feeling that with but a little coercion, she will eventually give the entire story. When you have that, you may please yourself. And to make it even better, I believe I may have some coin to add to the bundle."

The elf quickly finishes skinning the kill, and set it aside. "It's good to see you getting a new color." Garrek raises an eyebrow in question. "That is, in place of Injohue."

"I have been gathered to put my mind and my blade in with such as these, for the furtherance of my own strength, that in time, I will gain the strength to some day defend myself." It is out, and in her own voice. Regardless of what it may or may not mean to the rest of them, it is a battle well fought and a victory well won to her. Her hands are starting to shake just a little, but it will only be passing.

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Edited by: Aueniteri at: 11/15/05 15:38

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 02:19:22 PM »

Terra listens carefully as both the Leias, and Capher, then Teri speak. The Leias answered her questions to Capher for him but left Terra with only more questions she felt better left for another time. Then when Teri finishes, Terra suddenly feels on the spot knowing the Leias would want her to relay her experiances, she had said as much. Not ready to do as the Leias had bidden she turn instead to address Teri who had expessed a desire to gain the strength and skill to defend herself.

"Teri, if you wish help in training to defend yourself I am willing to aid you. If you like I will teach you what I can."

Having spoken her piece to Teri the press seems on her again to speak to the Leias, but instead of doing so looks to Talia as if asking her to start.

'I am grey. All but those like me see only darkness and light, they do not see the grey between them. In this greyness I dwell. I would not wish this fate on any other.'

In the Quallian
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 10:30:22 PM »

Nuryia listens intensely to all what her guests are saying - and notices well how they care for each other. They do it in a way which is not often found - but probably the only way to survive the task they have burdened , maybe this love for each other is necessary to enable them at all to succeed, that love is the ultimate weapon against Eckra..  

Lady Seianadriel seems to be the one, whose purpose to be part of the group seems unclear. Aueniteri hadn‘t told now, how she met the group - or Lady Sturmwind in this case, she had to been too embarrassed and frightened to tell of her brother. But Nuryia didn‘t belief, that it was just a mere coincident, that Talia met her at this campfire. She knew from what Kurrun had told her, how they met and didn‘t ask again for details.

While Lady Artemos offers Lady Seianadriel to help her learning to defend herself, she notices, that Siroled moves on her seat. She is about to ask her, if she wants to say something, when Siroled begins to talk on her own accord.

„Lady Seianadriel, I saw you in my dreams and though I saw only fragments of images and I can‘t tell what they meant, not yet, I knew immediately, that though you might not be the one Eckra will concentrate on, your presence - and your action at certain points in the future will be as vital as what the others might have to do. And that it is necessary, that you fight your inner insecureness - you see, I always see different possibilities of the future, mixed together, and so I see defeat as well - and those possibilities which might lead to a defeat of the evil always show a brave young woman... one who surpass herself... and that tells me, that you are capable to do it.. “

All were quiet after the unexpected speech of the seer. Then the Leias looks back into the round , waiting for another one to tell what might be important to be known. Lady Artemos has started, but looks then at Lady Sturmwind, not ready yet to speak. Talia looks back, and though she is still occupied with what Capher had said about her sword being the „Sword of Fury“, she gathers her thoughts to answer the Leias.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 09:45:22 PM »

Talia sighs. She is glad to be finally here to ask for the help of the elves, though when she had intended to do so, she had still her sword and the heart. Now, without heart - what could they do, what should they say, what advice could they give them?

Again a deep weariness overcomes her. All seems so hopeless. The wish to die and solve this way all her problems enters her thoughts again. Why not just jump of one of these walkways? They are high enough to guarantee a certain death. But while thinking this, she is frightened of her own thoughts - such thoughts had never entered her mind before her encounter with the demon.

Suddenly she is aware, that the Leia‘s eye is lying on her - that all of the High Circle are waiting what she has to say. She looks up,scared, but sees only reassuring faces, Kurrun, Aikirana, even the make Lieofin showing friendly and patient expressions and so she starts with a low voice.

„ I met Capher  near Strata in a tavern called The Thirsty Herald - as others did, but only Terra is with me now from all who went out to help Capher. But maybe I have to start a bit earlier, for if my sword should be of importance, you have to know.

I don‘t know my origin. I was found by a group of wandering Shendar in the middle of nowhere in the part of the Ráhaz-Dáth called The Seven Jewels. I was unconscious, didn‘t have many clothes on, all was torn and I was badly burned by the sun. But they say, they found me with both my hands holding the handle of a sword, my sword, which was of a making they did not know. Certainly it was not crafted in the south of Santharia. They tried to find out, from where the remaining cloth of my clothes could be from, but they didn‘t succeed. And I couldn‘t remember anything. But other than Terra, I was never sad, I had never the feeling that I missed something. And after some time of getting used to their way of living, I felt very welcome there and soon began to feel as a Shendar myself. Just my sword kept me puzzling and thinking about my past sometimes.
Several lucky things happened to me, but I can‘t tell them all now - but in the end I was a Shendar with a aj‘nuvic. When I was in the Herald, I looked out for some new adventure. Though I had been in New Santhala before and had met [some famous people there, I didn‘t know much of Santharia and I wanted to change this. Capher's offer seemed a good opportunity for me to do just this. I didn‘t believe him when he talked about the seriousness of our task. I have been always an uncomplicated person who preferred to live on the happy side of life.

Well, you know the story how we left the herald and headed to Strata, how we retrieved the heart out of the sewers of this famous town - and we would have surely not succeeded, if not Koldar would have been with us, a man who was addressed as Knight of the Moonlight sometimes. I can‘t say, that I knew him well, though I

Talia looks up and doesn‘t continue, but bites her lips, a single tear is rolling down her cheek. After a few seconds though she does a deep sigh and continues.

„Capher has already told, that our flight from Strata was successful, but the ship we had hired had not been a good choice. Their owners who should bring us up to the north wanted to sell us as slaves in Aeruillin or something like that. However, we managed to overturn them - but Capher‘s shapeshifting to a demon helped us enormously, I think without it we would not have succeeded. We forced them to bring us north to Chylikis were we went on shore.

I had hoped, that we would have some rest there, but it turned out differently. Terra and Koldar were attacked by .. mad elves ?“
she looks questioning at Terra but continues  “ but surely she can tell you more about this. We wanted to gather at the temple of Nehtor and was was hurrying to the inn where we stayed where I wanted to fetch our belongings. However, when I was there, I had suddenly the thought, that if I would take the heart and bring it to another place far away from them with the help of my fast aj the enemies, whoever they might be might loose their interest in them. Before the doors closed for the night I rode up the road towards north, as fast as I could and deep into the night.

Well past darkreign I looked for a place to sleep. I was awaken by a masked black elven warrioress who wanted to find out, if I was a travelling companion of Koldar. I tried to avoid to give her too much information. Though she was quite hostile in the beginning, waking me up with her sword threatening me, she was fairly friendly afterwards. Her inquiring words made me wanting to know, if my friends were safe - and so I used a flute which I acquired in strata - well, I found it in my pocket after I visited a music shop where I wanted to buy a guitar for Almenda who left us in Strata already.

This flute can show you, where your friends are and if they are in danger - if you touch it with bare hands. She hums, if they are in danger... like my sword warned me. But when I tried to find out something, something ... fiery, blinding bright   grasped my mind, inducing such a terrifying feeling in me that I felt unconscious.

When I was back, the elf, whose name was Shati accompanied me to the north, where we met Teri in the evening when looking for a place to rest for the night.

In this night the demon appeared in the fire, I put my sword between Teri and me - Shati didn‘t follow my urgent advice to join us - and we fled on the back of Swing. After hours and hours of very fast riding we managed to reach the borders of the Quallian, where we collapsed after we had entered it.

“ I can‘t recall well, what happened next. We were found by a young elven woman who led us into the next settlement, called Geaf...

„Geaf-a-ch'ian“ the Leias helps her.

“ There we were given into the care of a firemage who was supposed to bring us to Aer‘Ylferian to see you, the Leias, from whom we thought to seek help.. advice ..  There in Geaf-a-ch'ian we met somebody who obviously followed us and made trouble lateron, when the firemage had left us and we settled for the night. It was quite a funny encounter, for I managed to pin him down; he was somehow so difficult to grasp, did harm to us, bothered us, but said he only wants to help us - somehow, I don‘t recall all he said.

Then, just before the Injera was about to rise, the firemage came back, but he had changed somehow - he wanted to have the heart from me - I don‘t know, how he could know, that I had it - and when I refused to give it to him, he sent a wave of fire towards me.

Then I was - in my imagination - for an eternity in a land so grey and dull, dusty, all seemed to be made out of dust or ashes, but with firepits along the way, but even this fire was somehow dull. It was a huge hillside I had to go down, don‘t know why, I had lost my identity, and only with the help of Capher, Ta‘las and my animals I found back. Capher came to me, as a person, and gave me back my name - from then on I knew who I was. Ta‘las gave me the reason why I should endure the effort to come back - his tales reminded me of the desert I love so much, I heard the trees in the wind and felt the cool water on my tongue. Swing and fluffy gave me the strength to return - I had suddenly a white staff in my hand which enabled me to go back. And then, finally, Capher drew me through the last hole which seemed to get smaller and smaller the moment I approached it. And then I was, back here.

Talia stops speaking, and suddenly a smile lights up in her face and she nearly looks again  familiar to Terra and Capher.

„It is good to have such friends, isn‘t it? It nearly let‘s me hope, we have a chance!!“ and she points to all fours, sitting there.  

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 11/15/05 18:23
In the Quallian
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 02:26:22 AM »

The Leias nods.
" That was an interesting story.Thank you very much Lady Sturmwind. Does anybody want to add something? Or has someone a question?"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 11/17/05 17:30
Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 02:14:22 PM »

Morcaanan hacked repeatedly and painfully, and when he was done felt an urge to rid his mouth of the foul spittle that had gathered there; but somehow, such an action seemed extremely crude in this place. His healers had brought him deep into the Quallian, saying that the group he had encountered some time before had been summoned for questioning by the High Elven Circle. He had arrived after the interview had been started, so was now forced to wait outside, for the time being at least.

He was still recovering from the last dregs of fever he had suffered in Gean'ch'ian. His curiosity about what had happened was somewhat dampened by the fever, but not quenched. He had insisted to his caretakers (perhaps not entirely truthfully) that he was much improved, and so they had brought him here and deposited him outside to wait to be taken into the the little council meeting or sent for; he was not even sure why they were bothering with him. He wasn't a part of this group, and he still had little or no idea what they had even been doing when he had bumped into them weeks ago. But, someone thought him important - important enough to have him brought here.

So, he settled down to wait, inadvertently slipping into a light slumber, a short distance outside the entrance to the High Elven Cirlce...

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 03:53:22 PM »

Terra's chest rises and falls with a deep breath as it comes time where only she could truely add any more. Holding her Moon Blade close to her in her lap Terra looks to each of the high circle in turn. As she had been when she had entered, Terra's mind was so focused on the meeting its self and gathering her memory that she simply took the Leias's perfect beauty in stride. Finally Terra speaks, her voice is smooth and calm, though those who knew or noticed the manner she now held her Moon Blade would know she is far from comfortable.

"I am sorry for my sketchy account of our quest earlier, as those I have spoke with earlier know I was badly wounded in Chylikis, I fear not all my memory has returned but that I have its cleaner.

When we arrived in Chylikis as Talia has said, we were not afforded the rest we had hoped after remaining vigilent during the remainder of our voyage. As we approached Chylikis from the ship a Knight dressed in black, a female elf if I recall correctly, approached us looking for Koldar who was with us at the time, though for reason of his own he kept his identity from her. Later he saw two more and decided to follow them to find out why they were looking for him. They cought us and wanted us to give them the Heart, we didn't and were not about to let them past us to get it from the others. We faught, but then all I really remember is pain, and brief blured images for some time. I only vaguely recall fleeing form Chylikis, and then remaining at the Hermits cottage to recover more fully while Koldar went on ahead to find Talia.

Much of the rest has either been presented in more detail by my comrades, our could be just as well relayed among yourselve."

Terra looks to Talia who seems to be having trouble with all that has happend as well.

"Talia I envy you. Your past is forgotten similar to mine, however the shapeless pain that had made me forget my past still actively plagues my mind and threatens to strip away my sanity. I know this is hard on you as it is on me, but I lend my support to see you through it."

Finally she turns to Capher.

"Be you man or dragon I will see this through, but I am glad to have you back so that you may guide us in our task."

In the Quallian
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 01:26:22 AM »

The Leias waits for a moment, if any of the other guests or members of the high elven circle wants to add anything, then takes the word.

„Thank you very much, Lady Artemos. I hope we have soon all relevant information. We know, where the heart is, or at least, who might it have. Though it seems to me, we should look after this sword of lady Sturmwind as well, for even if it is not the Sword of Fury as you think, Capher, it has remarkable characteristics. I have heard fragments of how it vanished, but could you all help me to collect them again? And, as I heard, there were other persons who travelled with you, who were they, and do you think they are of importance?

I have called for your recent travel companion as well, Morcaanan is his name, as I heard. You could start to tell me, how you met him - before he arrives. „

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 11/17/05 17:29
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 11:21:22 PM »

Capher seemed to be in a trance as the others told their stories but what he really was doing...was thinking, better yet meditating.  His mind gathered and processed all of the information that was given by his companions, no matter how trivial.  He came to several conclusions and most of them were not good. First, he berated himself for just assuming that the man-elf he first saw when he awoke was a friend. Now because of that mistake, the Heart was now missing.

Next came Talia's sword. They did not think the sword was the fabled Sword of Fury as it did not possess the qualities that they so heard of it. Capher knew and thought that even these wise elves would know that you do not believe everything you hear, about a person or an object. Maybe they were right and he was not?  That question perplexed him greatly.  Whatever the answer they must retrieve the sword as well.

Third, there was this animosity between this female elf Terri and her brother Garrek, who it seems has the Heart and probably the Talia's sword as well.

Then last but not least was the involvement of others such as Ta'las, Morcaanan and even this fire demon lord who attacked Talia and their friends.  Capher was certain that was Eckra's work.  Only Eckra could control a Fire Lord.

Many questions still yet needed to be resolved and the first ones were; do we continue on, hoping that whoever has the Heart and the Sword will follow? Or do we go in search of the Heart and the Sword?  The latter seemed to Capher as a waste of time, for without the Heart and the Sword there was no need to go to the Prominent mountains.  The only recourse Capher could think of was to go in search for the Heart and the Sword.  He knew he could sense the Heart, even it was only for a short distance, the quieter the enviroment, the easier it was for him to sense it and follow it, inside a city, even one such as this one, it was a bit more difficult as there was too much noise' beating hearts, and he doubted that the person who took it knew that.  That could be their only advantage to find it.

He heard Terra talk to him and he nodded, smiled at her and said "Thank you. I will not let you down again." He paused as another sly smile came upon his face and he leaned closer to Terra. "When we have the time I will tell you more about your heritage Daughter of Sophronia, much more than what I told you earlier. It may even help you to combat those personal demons you have hidden behind that dark veil inside your mind."  Capher then leaned back and continued his silent deliberations.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 11/18/05 15:27
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2005, 07:08:22 AM »

The Leias waits patiently for more information, for there is still some missing, from what she has heard before. Capher seems to start talking, but he whispers only a few reassuring words to Lady Artemos. Then Lady Sturmwind clears again her throat.

„There have been two others with us, a half elven girl called Avour, whose blood had healing properties. She was left back to stay with a hermit north of chylikis, as Terra told me before. Then there was the elven mage, Hajarian, whom I left back with the others. I heard, that he fought the demon as well and came even to this city, but I don‘t know, where he might be now. “

Thank you, Lady Sturmwind, I will look into the matter with the elf...Kurrun? You want the word?“ she asks the old man.

„There is somebody waiting outside to be called in, Nuryia!“

„Oh, thank you, Kurrun!  Lieofin, would you please ask him to come in? “

Lieofin gets up and bows slightly to the Leias, goes to the entrance, which is nothing more than a veil of thin branches and living leaves  and asks the stranger in.

“ Please, would you come in now, the Leias wishes to see you. Be welcome!“

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]