Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The High Elven Circle  (Read 26830 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »

Talia, having a question herself on her heart, but not daring to come forward with it, listens to the others. She hides a smile when she sees, that her friends feel annoyed at Aikirana‘s comment about fighters. But what she said is true - neither she nor Teri are good fighters. They well know how to use a sword and an occasional robber or thief might be driven away, but lack of practise is a hard drawback to swordplay, and she would not dare to stay up against somebody as versified as Terra with her moonblade.

Talia looks at Nuryia, but her expression is neutral, no hint if she agrees with Aikirana‘s opinion - or with the way the old elven Lady speaks to their guests. But before the Leias can answer the posed questions, Aikirana answers Terra‘s protest about brainless fighters.

„Young one,“ she addresses Terra, „I apologise for my rude words, I never wanted to doubt your abilities and your intelligence, but the gist of my speech is, that you might be good fighters, but apart from Capher you have no magic help. What can you do with your sword and your mind, if you are in a narrow tunnel with a low ceiling and without light and then you find your way blocked by a door a ped thick and secured by dwarven magic? Capher is strong, though not as strong as he was and what tells you, that what has happened to him once might not happen again? The sword of Fury is a magic item - which you have to find first btw - and how do you want to accomplish this without magic? Now, Nuryia, my throat gets horse, please tell them what they need to know.“

Nuryia Merin seems to be a patient woman, at least Talia has the impression. she just nods and goes on with answering the questions from Ta‘las and Terra.

„Lady Artemos, to answer your question first: I don‘t know, what other importance Milkengrad could have to you except that it is the gate to the north. You will have to take a ship to the Kuglimz Lands to go to the Prominent Mountains. Go to the capital there and visit our friend Dro’go Minar’ian, the leader of this fine people. But I think Lady Sturmwind has met him already in New Santhala, so you don‘t need any recommendations from our side.

Ta‘las, son of Antavin, your questions are more difficult to answer. I can‘t say, in which form wind and earth will assist you, it could be anything, a person or a magic item, but it is surely a hint, that magic will be involved. Lieofin can tell you more about the Sword of Fury.

She looks at Lieofin, he nods and explains:

„The Sword of Fury are more than one sword, it is a whole family. There are the sword of Fire, Earth, Life, Ice, and Lightning. They are based upon the elements, with Lightning standing for Wind, and Ice for Water.
But though the sword of earth and wind could be meant , I doubt it. What Capher is speaking of is the master of all these swords: “The“ Sword of Fury.
Instead of conjuring an elemental blade, the one that appears is an actual larger sword. This sword can cut through much more than ordinary swords can, having added strength and being much more keen than the other Swords of Fury. It also has the power to use any of the elemental Fury Swords' powers, making it a horrible threat for any foe. The weapon is supposed to be located in the hidden armoury of Tris. No-one except for her descendants know where the cache of weapons is located, and no-one even knows about where Tris' ancestors can be found.

He is silent for a moment, then continues.

„You have to find this sword. Capher, I know, you were thinking, that Lady Talia‘s sword is the Sword of Fury, but it has shown different properties when it protected the both women.“

“Thank you, Lieofin. Now to the most difficult part. Sir Ta'las, you were asking about the ‚eternal spring‘ . Let us look at the whole stanza:

Wisdom will fail
and strong wings will weaken
the wolf will die
is not old magic
renewed in the eternal spring

This stanza is obviously aimed at Capher, who else could be meant with ‚old wolf‘  an ‚strong wings‘. I don‘t want to force my opinion about it onto you now , not before you have thought about it. I might miss something, you will not find it, if I tell you my thoughts before you have expressed yours.“

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2006, 11:28:23 PM »

It is disturbing, the more she thinks of it. Finally, 'Teri sits up just a little straighter, making a slight wave with her hand to get a little attention. Then, without waiting long, for it is hesitation that has kept her silent thus far, she speaks, directing her comment to Capher.

"You would give up the White Wolf? For what prize? Capher, at what point is it more fulfilling to be no longer... what you are, a creature of diminished power? Would you not then be simply... an old man?"

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2006, 03:26:23 AM »

Capher leaned back and thoughtfully stroked his chin as he listend to all of his friends questions and the High Council's answers.  He could sense the anger coming from Ta'las and the outrage coming from Terra, was almost palatable.  He was preparing for a fight between them and the one who spoke because they did not understand what she was trying to say, but Capher knew; They needed another questor who was powerful in magic.

Then before things got out of hand, the one who spoke, explained herself, and Capher was right. But more than that, the one who spoke again mentioned that he was not as strong as he used to be.  Capher was troubled at this.  He thought for sure he was at his full potential. But now the one who spoke, began to make him doubt...and doubting was dangerous.

If that were not enough the stanza's about himself were asked by Ta'las and out of nowhere he is asked by Terri,
Quote:
"You would give up the White Wolf? For what prize? Capher, at what point is it more fulfilling to be no longer... what you are, a creature of diminished power? Would you not then be simply... an old man."

The question cut deep into Capher's heart.  It was a question that he had been wrestling with over a millenia.  Capher stared at the young elf, his hair and clothes began to move as if they were alive.  The strange symbols upon his cloak began to glow as his anger rose at her impudence to ask him such a question and it took most of his will power not to blast her into the corners of the darkwinds.  But, then he calmed down and realized she had figured out the stanza and was just asking the next logical question.  The symbols slowly faded back to grey, his hair and clothes stopped moving.

He rose slowly and paced the floor; trying to put into words what he had been asking and answering himself for so so long.  Finally he turned and looked at Terri.  "You have a certain feeling for Morcaanan, and he for you, though you both seem not to want to acknowledge it.  This feeling has been given to all the races by Ava.  I have never felt this feeling. I have observed it. I have seen what it can do to a man and a woman; for good and bad.  It is this feeling, this emotion, that I have been without. Since I have chosen to live my life as a human, I want all of the emotions that humans and the other races of Ava have...love."  Capher paused, "So, to answer your question and the one I have been wrestling with for years beyond even dozens of elven life-spans.  Would I give up everything to be fully human so I can experience this emotion?  I have not answered it yet.  But I ask you this, Terri, can an old man find love or is it only meant for the young?"

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2006, 07:27:23 AM »

A soft and gently voice is to hear, it is Airan, the healer woman, who has taken the word.

„Capher, Lady Aueniteri, I think that is not the question here, you may not forget the stanza which was directed at Capher directly:

A mortal being can not support
where but eternal might succeeds
though aching old can be refreshing new
where joy and sorrow meets.

And there are some clear words about what a mortal can achieve... and even more which points over your current task.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2006, 12:00:23 PM »

Ta'las sits back, somewhat relieved by the different interpretations everyone has come up with for the stanzas concerning his friend Capher.  His initial thought had been that they portended the old man's demise, and for that reason he had not asked about the entire stanza.  He looks over at his friend and claps him on the back.

"My friend, you seem to display these so-called 'human' emotions as much as anyone I know," he says with a chuckle.  "In fact, one might argue you are more human than many of our kind," he adds a little more somberly.  "And from what Lady Airan seems to suggest, we will need your great strength to complete this quest.  And who knows?" he says with a shrug.  "Perhaps in fulfilling your role you will find this 'humanness' that you are seeking."

He shrugs.  "I do not know, and I am speaking from both sides of my mouth."  

Then he looks at Lieofin.  "And what you have told us of the Sword of Fury is new.  I had thought the sword in our grasp, and now we will have to quest for this as well.  If we must find it first, then I must doubt the reason to go to the resting place of the Anvil until we do have it.  He looks around at the others in the group.  "Unless one of you would like to carry the Anvil around on your back."

"Also, I know little of Runemaster Tris, but if we are to find the resting place of the Sword of Fury, then perhaps our best course of action is to travel to one of the great libraries."  

Ta'las

Edited by: Talas Anthavin at: 2/10/06 4:02 am

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2006, 02:26:23 AM »

Capher was waiting for Teri to answer his question when another of the High Council pointed out the other stanza meant just for him.  Capher listened to that stanza and he was beginning to comtemplate upon that one when he was startled by a slap upon his back and Ta'las with his usual cheerfulness says,
Quote:
"My friend, you seem to display these so-called 'human' emotions as much as anyone I know," he says with a chuckle. "In fact, one might argue you are more human than many of our kind," he adds a little more somberly. "And from what Lady Airan seems to suggest, we will need your great strength to complete this quest. And who knows?" he says with a shrug. "Perhaps in fulfilling your role you will find this 'humanness' that you are seeking."
 Capher was at first annoyed at how cheerful this youngster was, but as he thought of what he said, he made some sense. [/i]Maybe he is right. My reward maybe to become human, or as Teri put it, maybe after this I will not want to become fully human, lose all my powers and just be an old man.  What does an old man do, but eventually die.[/i]  

Capher smiled at Ta'las but said nothing as he listened more to what his young friend was saying and asking.
Quote:
Then he looks at Lieofin. "And what you have told us of the Sword of Fury is new. I had thought the sword in our grasp, and now we will have to quest for this as well. If we must find it first, then I must doubt the reason to go to the resting place of the Anvil until we do have it. He looks around at the others in the group. "Unless one of you would like to carry the Anvil around on your back."

"Also, I know little of Runemaster Tris, but if we are to find the resting place of the Sword of Fury, then perhaps our best course of action is to travel to one of the great libraries

Capher looked at Ta'las with renewed interest. His young friend had a quick wit as well as a cheerful attitude.  If Talia's sword is not the Sword of Fury as he had thought it to be, then what Ta'las is suggesting is the correct action.  "Ta'las, my young friend, you never seem to amaze me.  You are correct in somethings.  It would be a waste of time and energy to search for the anvil without the Sword of Fury in our grasp.  However first things first.  It has been stated that Talia is still not fully recovered and only the brownies can help.  So, that must be our first priority, our next one should be to recover the Heart from Teri's brother.  Then we go in search for the Sword of Fury, which I had mistaken as Talia's sword," Capher turned and nodded respectively at the Leias and the High Council, "I thank the wise ones of the High Council for pointing out my error.  It would have been disastrous to find the anvil and then find out we had the wrong sword,"  Capher turned to look at Teri, "As far as the question I asked you, Teri. It is of no concern now, but maybe you can think about your answer as we travel for it seems that our time here is over and now we must go. Unless you have other questions for the High Council, but not ones concerning myself, please.  I will have enough on my mind, as well as trying to decipher the true meanings of Seylla's words spoken through Siroled."

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2006, 06:55:23 AM »

Talia listens to the conversation, is glad, that it is still going on so that the time is not yet come to post her question. She wonders why she is so hesitating to ask what her stanza could mean.
Am I afraid to hear something I don‘t like, something about my past which doesn‘t please me?

The questions revolve mostly around Capher - and him being not as strong as he was - and he seems to have difficulties to accept that. Why does Capher not ask, what he has to do, to restore his strength, would that not be the easiest way? Talia thinks, but she dares not to ask something in this direction. All seem to be restless and want to leave the Quallian as quickly as possible. I hope we don‘t miss the chance to ask something which we would need to know, that could be fatal.

Just when Talia was about to post her questions, the old Kurrun started to talk:

“Capher, you are far older  than I am and you have much more evidence and experience with the evils of this world, so forgive me, if I give you a warning. The way you act, being restless and not considering all paths which open in front of you shows me, that you still are affected by your resent troubles and you are not the old one, you are not like our elders have told you are. I think you should try to regain your strength as soon as possible. Maybe not before Lady Sturmwind was in the Vale , maybe you need to ask the dwarves first what they know about the sword  and the anvil, for they are not far away from the vale and you might need the brownies to get into contact with them, but don‘t put it away easily. I would think, that this is more important than to recover the heart. Lieofin has told you something about the Sword of Fury, as it is written in the old parchments, but you have, newer information, if I may say so. I would prefer Siroled as source you ground your decisions on. Listen to what she said:

The heart will follow
as brother follows the sister
only blood can regain it from blood

There, I would not see it as a preference to lookout for the heart, it will follow you.

In time the winged sword of light
will have to calm the sword of fury
only the innocent can wield it
those not fearing Queprur‘s touch

I don‘t know, how to explain this stanza, but perhaps you will find another information, where to find the sword and then you know it, if you see them together.

Time is pressing but the path not straight
the hasty searcher will find no trait
be careful to look out or within an ace
you all might miss the hidden place.

I can‘t say much to this one, but I think, it is clear, to what it refers.

He stops talking in this serious way and suddenly his features soften and he smiles, as he looks to Talia.

Now, Lady Sturmwind. I see you want to put a question forward for quite some time. Give your heart a push!“

Talia stares at him for a moment, out of surprise. He has caught her - did she show her emotions so openly? She had played absently with her short hair, trying to put a strand around her finger, but now she stops and looks at him openly.

Well, I would like to know something about my stance. Though deserted lands could well be a image for the Ráhaz-Dáth, the rest don‘t fit . „A sword to take you home?“  I was found with a sword, and the Raház Dáth is my home, but where was I before?. This first stanza, woman from the south, that could be me as well, for my desert is quite south. do you know more?“

„Well, not much I fear“
Kurrun answers.
But I can tell you one thing, the Raház -Dáth is surely not meant with the south, for such .. ah ..poems are strictly symmetrical, the Raház-Dath is not far enough in the south compared with Nybelmar  and Cyhalloi as the east. It has to be Aeruillin.“

Aeruillin?? is all what Talia can say.

„I have an assumption, and idea what could be meant, but it could be wrong as well“ Sorem, the priest of Armeros is suddenly heard. „I have an assumption, and idea what could be meant, but it could be wrong as well. Tortured reality, and protecting wings , if these two go together, than the very south of Caelereth could be meant, the void would be the  torturing reality, and the protecting wings - well, I heard“ and now he is clearing his throat as if he doesn‘t like to say this word of rumours of a new race discovered again recently, which is able to fly.“

This time Talia cannot even say a „Thank you!“, but falls quiet as she was before.

After a few minutes of silence where everybody seems to thing about what they have heard, the leias takes the word. he high , friendly and agreeable voice has a soothing effect on the tenses build up in this room.

„Are there more questions?  

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 2/12/06 10:38
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2006, 01:01:23 PM »

Being chastised by Kurrun, Capher slowly leaned back istened closely to what he said.  Again it was referred he was not up to his own strength.  It troubled him and he thought about it as he continued to listen to Kurrun. He seemed to have all the answers.  As he listened it seemed so logical; They did not have to go search for the Heart as the Heart will follow Teri. Therefore Teri was a most important person in this quest.  Capher turned his eyes upon Teri for a moment and then turned them back to Kurrun.  He states another part of the stanza;
Quote:
In time the winged sword of light
will have to calm the sword of fury
only the innocent can wield it
those not fearing Queprur‘s touch
 Kurrun does not explain it, just says that maybe more information will be forthcoming, probably during their quest.

He then continues,
Quote:
Time is pressing but the path not straight
the hasty searcher will find no trait
be careful to look out or within an ace
you all might miss the hidden place.

He states that this stanza is quite self-evident. Capher had a hard time with this one, but as he repeated it to himself in his mind it became much clearer and as the revelation became clearer so did the message that he was not up to his usual strength.  He had to admit it.  He was not as strong as he was before Eckra attacked him and took over his mind.  The question was, would he ever become as strong again, and was there somehow something or someone who could help him?  The only person he knew that could do that, was trapped and could only talk to him, very briefly...Talon.

Suddenly Capher felt very alone.  Then Kurrun asked Talia to ask the question that was upon her heart.  Capher forgot his loneliness as he listened and heard the answers; the last answer made Capher sit up,
Quote:
of rumours of a new race discovered again recently, which is able to fly.“

ace that could fly?  What could Talia and this race have in common? Capher thought and how does it affect our quest?

Capher.

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2006, 01:20:23 PM »

Terra moves beside Capher putting a hand reasuringly on his should as she smiles at him, surely he could tell she was not holding herself in check as she had when they first met.

"Do not let you lost strength trouble you to much, my friend. I have not yet regained my full strength either, I am sure as will mine, your strength will return in time."

Terra Artemos aka Mortus Pryde
WebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.com

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2006, 04:15:23 AM »

As Capher was thinking Terra does something uncharacteristic; she puts her hand upon his shoulder and gives him comforting words concerning his strength; as to how she was not up to her full striength, but in time she will recover it and so might he.  He put his hand upon hers, "Thank you Lady Terra. Your words are not of just comfort but filled with wisdom as well."  He then took his hand off of hers, placed it on his lap and listened for more revelations as he thought of the ones that had just been laid down at their feet.

He wondered what Talia was thinking and feeling at this moment.  He face showed many emotions.

Capher.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2006, 11:21:23 AM »

Ta'las still wonders about the stanza that speak of the "winged sword of light" calming the sword of fury.  He briefly glances over at Talia's weapon.  "I wonder," he says quietly.  "If Talia's sword still has some importance in our quest.  Perhaps your sword is the winged sword of light, and we will still need it to reclaim the Sword of Fury.  There is still magic in your blade, isn't there Talia?"  He scratches his chin and then shakes his head.  "I wonder if reclaim is the right word."

The Shendar shrugs.  "I don't know, but as we travel we should continue to ponder at least some of these verses that seem obscure."  Then he begins to fidget, and the familiar feeling of uneasiness comes over him that usually comes with having spent more than a few days time in one place.  "However, I think it is soon time that we leave."

Ta'las

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2006, 01:27:23 AM »

Talia finally composes herself and looks up when Ta‘las addresses her. Then she looks at her sword as if she has never seen it before, the sword she knows so well. She had often pondered about the winged creature at her pommel, but had never come to a conclusion.

„Ta‘las, I can‘t say, if it still holds magic, it displays the magic only if the need arises. But it looks as it had before.. before it held the demon back. That is really strange - the fire must have been so hot.“

She turns to the Elven Circle:

„My stanza - is it of any concern for our quest? I mean, you mention Aeruillin and the southern void - do we have to go there as well?.“

„I doubt so,“ Sorem answers her   „I think your thoughts were directed to where you are from in the night when Siroled has prepared herself for the prophesy,  your wish to know something about yourself was so strong, that Seyella granted you some knowledge about yourself. Some knowledge you might want to use whenever you decide to search for your lost past. „

„Thank you.“ Talia murmurs. Somehow she is shaky, her hands tremble, but she presses them firmly around the sheath of her sword. She is not herself after what she has learned today. The self-confident Shendar woman is deep buried inside her. Maybe she isn‘t a Shendar, something which she has never doubted so far. Would she lose her last anchor?She looks again down at her sword, without much thinking and just waits, till all here comes to an end.

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 2/18/06 17:49
In the Quallian
New Santharian

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2006, 02:47:23 AM »

The Leias looks around. Nobody seems to have another question, though surely not all puzzles are resolved. But Seyella's ways are often clouded, her guests will know in time, what they need to know, at least she hopes so. If not, she can‘t help. . Finally she takes the word:

“ It seems to me, that there are no questions anymore . We don‘t know either, what for knowledge we could or should give you.  Questions not posted can not be answered. I hope we have been of help for you on your quest  to fight the evil rising.
It is already late in the day, so I propose that you stay this last night, prepare yourself today, rest as long as you can. If you leave tomorrow morning with Firstflame and nothing hinders you on your way, you can be in the Vale of the Brownies within two days. We will equip you with all things  necessary for a voyage. Then I will see you tomorrow morning.

Seyella be with you!“

Nuryia rises from her seat, as all other Quallian elves as well, but she doesn‘t leave yet, but waits till her guests are ready to go.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2006, 01:59:23 AM »

The High Elven Circle is closed, over, whatever..
Talia gets up to look after Swing. She needs the reassurance of her aj'nuvic now very urgently. Hesitating what to do, where to move, she just stand at her place.
The elves move out, nodding friendly to those whom they pass and saying a "Seyella blesses you!" or "The Aviaría be with you!" to them. Only the Leias stays back, waiting for her guests to move.

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 2/19/06 13:15
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »

'Teri desperately wants to ask Capher a question, but nothing is said. Soon, she finds herself walking beside Morcanaan as they move to once again leave the Elven circle. Once outside, Morcanaan takes to comforting himself slightly by sitting on the edge of an out-of-the-way path, and then laying back, looking up into the sky. She simply stands and watches him, but then eventually kneels beside him, and after a short delay, lifts his head into her lap. "Please... the motion is not helping."

She looks sadly, curiously down to him, and he eventually continues, "The motion of the path. It's not helping my head any. And this." He sits up, and pulls himself toward the middle. It is easy enough to lie with his feet hanging over, but sitting up he can look down, and that makes it even worse. "I'm... not exactly comfortable with the edge."

'Teri smiles and stands. She herself can't see a problem, but decidea not to toe the edge to test her courage. It probably isn't at its best. She extends a hand to him, which he eventually takes, and stands. "Maybe I can help you. Let's go back down to the surface. Not much to see there, but... if it helps you feel better..."

There is something curiously missing in her sentence, and it nearly drives him to ask her to finish, but he does not. It isn't worth the effort. Still holding his hand, she tells him to stay directly behind her as they walk along the very center of the paths. However, before the second step is taken, he stops her. "You shouldn't be doing this for me. If you have something to do, you should see to it. I can find my own way down."

'Teri frowns sadly just a little, and turns to look up to him, still holding his hand. "I really have nothing else. I want to do this for you. I'm... sure this is what I want. Will you consent?"

Is she being stubborn, or is he missing something? "You should be getting ready to go; we all should. I don't have to go down there if I'm only going to be there for a few minutes, it would be a waste of time."

'Teri looks pleadingly to him. "It isn't that far, besides, I can help you back up to your things. Please...?"

This spawns a voiceless sigh from Morcanaan, who thinks a hundred questions to ask or arguments to make, but finally settles with, "Why do you want to?"

Her head drops, her shoulders droop, and presently, she turns away, letting go of his hand. He rolls his eyes briefly, and puts a hand on her shoulder. "Please, don't be upset at me. I simply think that if we're to move out today, or even tomorrow, we should be prepared. That should be our first priority, not catering to our personal wants. Is that right?"

'Teri shrugs. In her mind, they have plenty of time. They could probably spend a few hours together at the base of the trees, talking, seeing the beauty of the forest, and... although she has a hard time confessing it to herself, enjoying his presence. This is one thing 'Teri does not understand, more confusing than all the verses of Seyella and any other strange deity combined. She wants to be around when he is, and when she is around him, she wants to see him happy.

She turns around and looks up to him, smiling weakly. "You're right, Jeharaid. You should go get ready to travel. I'm sorry to have distracted you."

With that, she turns to walk away, and he stands and watches, feeling oddly like he said something wrong, but doesn't know what. Elves - supposed to be so wise, and yet her general demeanor, while definitely very deep, seems... somewhat childish to him. Then again, women have never been his forte. Even... sadly, he voicelessly discards the thought, and moves to where they were staying.

'Teri walks with her head low, eyes closed down the path, finding her way to the ground, feeling the path rather than seeing it. A lot of things disturb her at just that moment. Why can she not please him? Even with a short stand on the solid ground, she believes he would be feeling much better. But then, why does it matter to her? And, too, why did she feel embarrassed when he mentioned their priorities? And now, lost in thought, she also loses her footing, and with a shrill, short cry, begins to fall from the edge of the path.Quickly she spins, and catches the edge from which she has fallen, the pathway pitching violently as she does so. Her heart pounding, she draws herself back up on, and lays down, relaxing herself.

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]