Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The High Elven Circle  (Read 26826 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2006, 10:34:23 PM »

All elves except Nuryia have left, as have Teri and Morcaanan. Talia follows them, but not before having looked a last time at the beautiful Leias. She wonders, how it must be, having her as a mother like her friend Aran.

Finally she turns around and leaves this special room. She will not forget it so quickly.

Down the path she meets Teri and Jeheraid, who are talking to each other, sitting on the path. Talia feels a little sting in her heart - why has she to think at Koldar when she sees these two? Resolutely she drives the thought of Koldar out of her mind and waves towards them, but they doesn‘t notice her, so she goes on.

When having reached the ground she hers a shout. Talia‘s heart seems to stop, for she sees Teri hanging on the edge of a path. Luckily she has caught herself and manages to get back on it, where she keeps lying. Talia rushes back up the path to Teri.

„Teri, how could this happen?“ She knees besides Teri, bends over her and takes one of her hands.
“Did you dream and not notice where to you  stepped? Where is Morcaanan, weren‘t you with him?........... Why don‘t you come with me and have a rest leaning on the belly of Swing? Nothing is so comforting as having such a friend near you, with her chest and belly moving up and down and her warmth in your back. There we do a short snooze and then we look after what we might need for tomorrow, though I think, the elves will provide us with all we need. come on, give me your other hand to get up!“  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2006, 05:20:23 AM »

Capher rises, the last to go as the High Council leaves, all except the Leias.  He passes her, stope, turns around and whispers. "I do have two questions; One is; Is Wren still among the living?  And the other is, where or what can help me restore myself?  I ask you these questions in private as one is very personal, and the other is because I believe only you would know the answer as to how to tell me what or where to go to or use to restore myself to my fullest potential."

"I would ask my Master, but he is battling Eckra in a plane far beyond even my comprehension and so he is either too exhausted or his thoughts are being blocked by Eckra's magic or both?"  Capher asked quietly waiting her reply.

Capher.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2006, 10:18:23 AM »

Ta'las is so lost in thought that he does not realize that almost everyone has left the Elven Circle, including most of the elves.  As Capher speaks with Nuryia, the Shendar looks upon her once more, studying every feature of her face and puts it all to memory.  He senses the journey ahead will be difficult, and thinks that when times are at the darkest, he may find some strength in his memory of the beautiful Leias.

He strides to the exit, and with a last reluctant look back at Nuryia, walks outside.  The Shendar is lost in thought until he reaches the stables where Desert Rose has been housed.  He absently strokes the animal's fur, and the normally temperamental Aj'nuvic nuzzles Ta'las' face.

Ta'las

In the Quallian
New Santharian

« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2006, 07:14:23 AM »

Nuryia has thought that there were still questions not asked - and not answered. Therefore she hadn‘t left with the other elves. And now Capher, so much older and wiser than her was standing next to her when nearly all others had left already, asking what he should know himself. But he had fought with the mightiest evil known, and that had taken a toll even on this mighty dragon. So Nuryia feels pity for him deep in her heart, but she doesn‘t show it, he might not like it. Has he put the question about Wren to not to have ask too directly how he could restore his strength?

She gives him a warm smile and looks deep into his eyes to give him a feeling of - company.

„Oh yes, our Wren is well. We haven‘t heard of her lately though and she isn‘t in New Santhala any longer where she helped out with the compendium. All I know is that she has retuned to the Thaelon which she had visited already some years ago. But I‘m sure nothing evil can happen to you in the Thaelon.

She stops speaking for a moment, then lays a hand on his arm and continues with an earnestness in her voice

“Your other question, Capher , is easy to answer:  It may be dangerous and cost your life if something goes wrong, but you need to go to Ximax and see the orb. Expose yourself to this strong magical object. This is the only way I know to regain your old strength. Ask for Gararion, I hope he is still there. He might be able to help you, for he has seen the orb when he was young. Most of his power he got from this encounter. And now fare well, and keep an eye on your company, they seem so vulnerable.“

And to her surprise the Leias of all Ylfferhim finds herself hugging the old wolf.

Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2006, 07:20:23 AM »

'Teri places the other hand on her pounding chest, and sits, smiling a little. "Thank you, Talia, but really, I'm fine. Just a little... shaken."

Then she stands, and shakes her head. "Yes; I guess I wasn't watching where I was going, so caught up in... myself. I don't know, Jeharaid left, said he had to get ready to leave. I thought we had some time yet, but..."

Sadly, she shakes her head."I guess I was wrong. Come, let us get our things and be prepare to be off."

----------------
...only guess that you're still listening. But let me tell you a little about myself...

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2006, 07:48:23 AM »

Talia looks sympathetically at Teri. She doesn‘t know her for long, but she fears her guesses about her and Jeheraid are right and Jeheraid had shown the emotional span of a ladle.

„Yes, let us go and prepare our things, though I don‘t have much to gather. The elves have washed all our clothes and equipped me with more than I need and I think I have all ready. I will go to Swing for company and rest a while, you are welcome to join me as soon as you are finished, we can have a little chat then till we have to go to sleep. Or we could visit the town a last time and say goodbye, just drop by!“

Talia smiles at Teri and wished she could do more than saying some words..
Soon she is back down at ground level and greets the animal which is so close to her than nothing else in the world. Ta‘las is already here as well and tend his Desert rose.

“Hey Ta‘las! Nothing is better than to feel your aj trying to feed on your ears, do you agree?“   she laughs to him, while she is pushing an exited Swing softly away who tries to caress Talia with her means.

“Lie down, dear“   she asks her aj‘nuvic, “I need your round belly to rest!“  

And Swing lies down and Talia leans again her soft rounds and is soon asleep.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Garrek Driel
New Santharian

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2006, 09:28:23 PM »

Neither of them are in a good mood, and neither is willing to give way. Garrek stands, his feet spread slightly in an obvious human stance of stubbornness, and before him the red elf, in an all-too-relaxed demeanor that denotes something very hostile is about to happen.

"How was I to know you were so incompetent? I have trusted you many a time, and you have never failed before."

The red elf snorts lightly, and looks down to Garrek from his study of the trees. That, of course, is the best part. Looking down to Garrek. "With a heavy, off-weighted human blade? How does one expect to kill with that? Besides, you never told me there would be some romantically inclined warrior waiting."

Garrek's scowl is meant to be the only response, but the elf isn't looking anymore. He's pretending to have too short of an attention span. "Two san is all you're worth. Be happy you came out with an od."

One cannot be sure whether it is the deep, throaty chuckle, or the slight motion of the hand that should have tipped Garrek off, but neither does. At least, not in time. In a flash, the red elf has one long-fingered hand wrapped around Garrek's throat, squeezing just enough to make it uncomfortable. "You worthless rat! You haven't given me as much as a san, and if you pay out any less than a w'aer for what I've done, you will be visiting my friend Queprur. Am I... understandable?"

It is a new line Garrek has never quite had to cross before, and at first, he's not certain how to react. However, the lack of reaction spurs the Jhellrhim to make it even less comfortable, and Garrek nods vigorously. Soon, the elf drops him, and Garrek regains his breath. "Near the healer's home, just below it is a particularly thin tree. This tree is dying quickly, and I have made a hollow in it. Two mithrene's worth of bard lie in that hollow, and every last san of it is your own. Is that enough?"

"It had better be there. Don't move anywhere. I'll go check."

With that, the red elf runs away, looking back often to see if Garrek has moved. He does not, until after he has summoned a stable-keeper to him, payed him a fair price for a horse, along with a few extra san for good measure, and the horse has been saddled and brought to him. Then, with a practiced ease, just as the infuriated Jhellrhim turns to look, Garrek takes a leap onto the steed, and is off.

Of course I have nothing against you personally, but I'm afraid I've told you more than is safe...

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2006, 09:50:23 PM »

Deep in thought, Morcaanan wanders back to where he has lain his goods, and begins to ready them for the next great journey. His mind, as he does this, wanders.

The elven girl - 'Teri? The question seems to spawn itself why she is following him. Does she feel inclined to somehow return the favor of yesterday? If so, it's pointless, really. He would have done that for anyone. Maybe - there's more?

There is but the smallest of pains in his chest as he lifts the five-pointed star from his belongings, and holds it briefly to his lips. It has been so many years, yet she is still fresh on his mind. And yet... he turns to look, but seeing no one, continues packing. With that finished, he sits beside it, holding Abigail's star tightly, thinking.

It is obvious, he concludes, that 'Teri has at least some kind of feelings toward him, and he would be lying to say he does not feel the least bit of reciprocation. Yet, deep inside, he has not come to terms with the loss of his Abigail, or his sons.

Another factor comes to mind. To stay for a while out of sight of the elven maid, he would be of no use to the group, but - it is not likely that would make a massive difference. Besides, with a proper re-introduction, he might could return, providing he found them and wished to rejoin them.

Again, his mind returns to 'Teri. Now, his face is set, and he stands, shouldering his luggage. Not for any reason within their grasp, nor in spite of any one of them, he has decided for the moment that he must travel alone, at least for a time. Stepping outside, he just mouths the words, "Forgive me," and heads quickly to the surface, to his mount, and away.

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2006, 02:24:23 AM »

Capher smiled when the Leias told him of Wren's whereabouts.  Then she told him of the Orb of Ximax.  He shook his head, he had completely forgotten about the Orb. Yes, it could restore him, but as she said, it could also take his life.  He was contemplating this when she hugged him.

He stood there at first no knowing what to do.  Such emotion coming from the most powerful elf in all of Caelereth, well at least the Yllferim, was almost unheard of.  Slowly he put his arms around her, felt her warmth and her strength and it gave him some as well.  He whispered in her ear; "Thank you."  Then dropped his arms, smiled at her once more and then walked away to get ready to go.

Ximax, it is out of our way. Can I do what I need to do without being my full self?  Or do we make the trip to Ximax?  Will my companions understand?  Capher thought of this as he packed the things the elves had given him.  

He thought of his horse and went down to where the animals were and saw Ta'las rubbing and talking with his Aj and Talia was lying upon her Aj's belly; fast asleep.  "Well Ta'las it seems we journey to the Vale of the Brownies. I hope we find whatever or whoever can restore her to her full lifeforce, " he said nodding his head at Talia, "as we travel, remind me to tell me how we met and some of the many and varied situations we had got ourselves into. It will make the long nights go by more quickly I hope.  I on the other hand I will ask you more about your own life, if you do not mind talking about it?" Capher asked.

Capher.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2006, 11:47:23 AM »

Ta'las nods and smiles at Talia.  "Yes, Talia," he responds, and watches briefly as she lays down with her Aj'nuvic and is soon resting.  

The Shendar tends to Desert Rose, and looks up when Capher arrives.  "Yes my friend, we will have many nights to speak of your past, and also make plans."  

He shrugs when Capher asks him of his past.  "I do not mind, but are you sure you wish to know?  You already know Desert Rose - my closest friend and bondmate.  Other than befried him, I have done little of consequence, except when I slew a rahez-estar."  He smiles fiercely when he recalls his encounter with the Rock Snake.  "For my trouble, he gave me this."  Ta'las pulls up the sleeve of his right arm to reveal a large, red scar.  Then he tugs at the armor peeking up above his cloak.  "And from his skin my uncle helped me fashion this."

Then he turns back to brushing Desert Rose's soft brown fur.  "Other than that I have minded my obligation to my mother-sister as best I could."  Though she would likely disagree, he thinks.  

He looks back at Capher and grins.  "Surely you have more interesting tales to tell than a caravan guide."

Ta'las

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2006, 02:04:23 AM »

"Perhaps, my friend, perhaps." Capher replied. "I see the elves have more than supplied with our journey.  I will not like leaving this place; its people and especially its leader, the Leias, are a wonderful, wise, graceful and some have beauty that not even the most colorful flower in the field can match.  Do you not agree?" Capher asked his young friend.

Capher.

In the Quallian
New Santharian

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2006, 10:02:23 PM »

The day and the evening passed and everybody enjoyed the time in a different way, either having a last look at Aer'ylferian, or with  talking , resting or looking after the animals.

Finally their last morning in the Quallian has arrived. Soon after Firstflame the elves had brought them a last magnificent breakfast and after that they got message, that the Leias would like to meet them at the northern gate of the town. And so, with all things packed and looked after a last time they all assemble at the little place before one of the entrances to the city. The blue walls are a beautiful sight,  though no ray of the Injèrá has yet touched them. Talia and  Ta‘las are chatting , their aj‘nuvics eyeing each other, for they are not used to live close to another one of their kind, despite the time they have spent in the stable together.
Terra is already sitting on her proud Coore and Capher has his horse on lead. Teri is already here as well, looking out for Morcaanan, who is the only one not present. She will come with Talia on  Swing, as they have found their way to the Quallian, her light weight not being a problem for the aj‘nuvic.

The air is still fresh in the morning and a hint of the coming winter is in the air. The group is waiting in anticipation - and then Nuryia is coming - splendid looking like always, but this time with clothes fit for riding. All colours of green seem to be present in her breeches and her tunica, a blue robe is holding any breeze away. Her hairs are braided today and are hanging down her back - and allow more sight on the delicate features of her face. With her  are several elves they have not seen yet, but some of the Elven Circle as well - Lieofin and Sorem, the cleric of Armeros.

The Leias steps forward to greet them.

“Good morning, my guests. I hope you had a good last night here in our forest. I and some of my friends and my guards will accompany you till the border of the Quallian. There I will have a last surprise for you.  “ She smiles at them , and if it would not be the Leias Talia would have sworn she had seen some  amusement in her eyes.
“ However, I have to tell you something which you might not like to hear, but your companion Jeheraid Morcaanan has left the Quallian already, we don‘t know, what his goals are, but if Seyella wishes, you will see him again. “

They all have an enjoyable ride under the green canopy, which is penetrated by the rays of the sun the farther she climbs on her arch which spans the sky. Though all long to be able to go on on their difficult path, they regret as the forest ends and  a little group is waiting for them. All demount for a last short rest, a last proof of elven hospitality and take some refreshments.  

Then Nuryia addresses Teri, who is  standing near Talia and Swing.

Lady Aueniteri, though I know, that Lady Sturmwind likes to share her aj‘nuvic with you, we would like to give your your own riding animal. There may arise the need for an own - you never know. „

She turns back and waves a young girl to come forward. She has one of the most beautiful mare on her lead . The horse is elegant, though not too vulnerable looking, has a very dark brown color with a reddish touch when the sun shines on its coat, the lower legs , the mane and tail are of a deep black colour .The Leias takes the reigns and giving them to Teri she says:

Lady Aueniteri, this  is a special breed, crossed for endurance and speed,  with a gently character towards its owners, but it can kick and be quite furious when needed as well. It is part Centotaurian , part Rusik. Her name is Aviár .“ And bearing in mind that not all speak Styrash, she adds: „That means „High Spirit.“ Padding the horse, she looks at Teri and adds with a smile and a sparkle in her eyes: And it fits very well to your nice brown hairs. „
Not allowing the speechless Teri any time to thank her for this gracious gift she turns around and addresses the whole group.

“We are very concerned about your wellbeing and success, as you know, and Seyella was again grateful to us, for she send us a guide for you along which is not easy to find in Santharia. We don‘t know him very well, but the signs the clerics provided us with reassured us, that he is the right man for you. Please let me introduce you to Z‘doth, a tracker from the Doimo, a tribe living in Nybelmar. He will accompany you, if you allow, and be of help wherever he is needed.“

They all have seen the little man with the elves who have waited for them at the border of the forest. But though he does look strange with his bald head, most have taken him for an Eyelian. Now they all are looking a bit puzzled at him.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]