Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the way to the Valley of the Brownies  (Read 38600 times)
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2006, 11:45:23 AM »

"Come then, beast," Ta'las goads.  "See what it is to face a warrior from the south."  The Shendar taps his Aj'nuvic's left side, and Desert Rose makes a quarter circle around the ogre, so that the creature is now directly in front of 'Teri.

His Aj'nuvic then makes a dangerous lunge forward.  For a few brief moments, he is within reach of the ogre's massive hammer, and Desert Rose sidesteps left as it swings the weapon.  The attack narrowly misses the Shendar, and he shudders as he ducks away from the creature.  Ta'las, still too far from the ogre to attack with his sword, backs Desert Rose away quickly.

Ta'las

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2006, 08:31:23 PM »

Talia only has to ride a short distance until realising, that her trick had not worked. She had hoped to be able to outrun the beast with her fast aj‘nuvic, but it hasn‘t followed her. So she stops and quickly  searches for some other clothes in her bags, but most are in the camp, just her thin cape is in its place . So she wraps it somehow around her body and goes through her remaining bags - and curses herself , that she hasn‘t thought at the additional sling she always carries with her. The sling she uses normally is fixed at her belt - which lies well in the range of the ogre. Unfortunately her whip and sword are in the camp, how could she be so stupid and forget all what the Shendar have told her about fighting and be careful when on the way.   The time in the dark lands must have done more damage to her as she had thought.

Dressed to her needs, she quickly returns to her fighting friends - but now equipped with a small, but deadly weapon.  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2006, 12:22:23 AM »

Capher stopped laughing when the ogre did not go for the trick, but became more enraged, tore Talia's cloth of his face and then fixed his anger upon Z'doth.  He saw Terri, do some fancy acrobatics to attack the beast but the attack was failed as Terri narrowly missed being hit by the ogre's hammer and then was brushed off his back like a pesty insect.

Tal'as was goading the beast to try to distract it as well.  His way with Desert Rose brought him credit, as he manuvered his mount as nimble as a horse, when the ogre smashed his hammer down and Desert Rose side-stepped out of the way.  Which seemed for such an animal an almost impossible thing to do, but Desert Rose did so.

Capher struggled and something clicked in the back of his memory, how he once defeated a giant not by force, but by subterfuge.  But would or could he shape-shift?  He felt so weak, but he must try.

He stood straight and tall, staring at the ogre even as it was advancing once again upon his comrades.  He began to focus all of his will upon himself.  At first nothing happened, then slowly his sight wavered and he began to see his comrades a bit smaller.

Capher slowly began to take the shape of another ogre, in blinks suddenly a roar shook the small valley and Capher was the one doing the roar.  He walked over and ripped out a small oak for a club and advanced upon the other ogre.  "Aarrrgh"  He said as he smashed the oak tree upon the ground and faced the other ogre.

Capher felt his mind becoming more like a ogre.  A problem any shape-shifter had, but Capher could always put whatever living thing's mind and baser instincts he decided to become at bay and in control.  But he was too weak and the beast slowly fought control over his mind.  If Capher did not release this form fast, he would become an ogre...possibly for life!

Capher.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2006, 11:16:23 AM »

Wild-eyed, Ta'las draws Desert Rose away from the second ogre, as it advances on the first creature they had been fighting.  The Shendar curses under his breath for his stupidity.  An Aj'nuvic, though fast and strong, is not meant for such movement, and Ta'las was fortunate that his bondmate did not hurt its ankle, or worse.  

As such, he drops back from the fight and waits for the two ogres to engage one another, waiting to make a charge at the first creature when the opportunity arises.

Ta'las

Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2006, 12:47:23 PM »

Zdoth’s life was saved by sheer luck.  He turned to run, but slipped on another river rock, and lunged forward, just aside from the ogres hammer.  The shock from the hammer smashing into the ground next to him stunned him for a moment, and if Teri hadn’t interfered, he would have been done for.  With the ogre distracted, Zdoth had no idea how to help, other than to run and get his bow.  So he did.  Zdoth bolted across the river with everything he could muster.  The camp wasn’t too far away, only slowing down a little bit to grab his bow and arrows.  Zdoth kept running, nocked an arrow, and ran up to the edge of the stream.  But when he got back there was not one ogre but two.  He took a few moments to gather his wits about him, his adrenaline pumping still.  He remembered the hammer and aimed carefully at the ogre’s chest with the hammer, knowing that his poison will circulate through his system faster if he hits him there.  Zdoth held off firing until he had a shot, and fired.

Edited by: Zdoth Natterath at: 5/12/06 8:41
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2006, 12:20:23 AM »

Capher's mind saw everything, but it did not register everything.  He could see, but the beast trying to take control could not comprehend, except now a puny creature had fallen into the river, had got up and scrambled away. That took some of the focus off of the other ogre.

Capher struggled both inside and outside and managed to finally focus on what he was and what he wanted to do.  He roared again and hunching down upon all fours, with the club firmly grasped between his right hand, he prepared for a charge.

He noticed something small strike his opponents chest, the beast inside did not recognize it but Capher knew it must have been an arrow.  He guessed the arrow had to have come from Z'doth, as he was the only one with one at the time.

He immediately rushed like a bull at the other ogre.  The sound of the two crashing bodies sounded like huge thunderclaps in the valley.  He bowled over the other ogre; the latter not prepared for such a rush especially after he had been hit by something that stung, but for just a moment.

Capher landed heavily upon his back and had lost his club, he rolled over and saw that that other ogre had risen faster than he and was aiming his hammer at his head.  Capher put up his arms to defend himself...

Capher.

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2006, 03:28:23 AM »

Talia has returned to the site of the fight and notices horrified, that there are two ogres! But the one ogre is attacking the first who has the hammer. Should it be...  Capher! The two have crushed together and both have fallen down, but to Talias horror only the one rises again- the true one, and he lifts his hammer to bring it down on Capher‘s ogre-body. She wished she would have her whip at hand , but she has only her sling. So she keeps distance, but loads the possibly deadly weapon with one of the sharpest stones she has with her.

She aims well, and the stone hits the ogre just over  one of his eyes. The skin is snapping, blood is streaming at once, covering the eye and filling it with the red liquid. The hammer falls down, onto the ogre‘s own feet, and he is touching his  eye, wondering were the blood is coming from.
Another shot, this time near the other eye, but not as well aimed, so not as much blood is covering the second eye, just enough to allow the ogre only a little sight. What will he do?Capher is not really out of his reach, so Talia starts to scream and shout to attract the creature and lead it in her direction. it works, but after a few peds the ogre stops again, still trying to get the blood out of his eyes.  

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2006, 06:10:23 PM »

Kenriil is standing beside Capher, watching the action when he decides to become an ogre, and so is quite aware of what is going on. As one at a time his friends turn away and focus on the real enemy, Ken, dodging between Capher's feet as best he can, without tripping him up, starts talking again. Ogres, beasts in general, blades, battles, heroes, wizards, romance, hearts and emotions and eventually gemstones all fill the area around Capher; these and more.

----------------
...only guess that you're still listening. But let me tell you a little about myself...

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2006, 01:56:23 PM »

"Now, my friend," Ta'las hisses and nudges both of Desert Rose's flanks with his knees.  As the ogre is still trying to orient itself, his Aj'nuvic charges forward, making a straight line just to the left of the ogre.  Ta'las slashes downward at a diagonal, aiming below the massive creature's muscular ribs.  His stroke misses bone and draws a long line of blood across the ogre's left side, nearly cutting through the tough skin protecting its kidneys.  Ta'las nearly falls backward, and fiery pain tears into his shoulder as his arm is jarred by the momentum of his attack and the ogre's weight.

Still the ogre bellows, this time in some pain, as Ta'las and Desert Rose streak past, once again out of range of the ogre's hammer stroke.  The Shendar grimaces and clutches at his arm, but turns his Aj'nuvic back to face the ogre.

Ta'las

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2006, 01:07:23 AM »

Terra move around the battle ground prepaired to strike, but holds off waiting for the moment her faultering strenght could be put to good use. She had a slight headache since she woke, a legacy of the blow to the head she had suffered, none the less the exhersion now escalated it to a dull throb and even her equalibrium seems a bit off. All reasons she holds off her attack, she waits until Talia has mostly blinded the ogre with two well place sling shots and draws it way from Capher's ogre form, then charges at the ogres heels and slashes at the ogres ahillies tendon though bearly manages to get through the skin, and is forced to pull back, dizziness coming to her head.

Terra Artemos aka Mortus Pryde
WebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.com

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2006, 08:39:23 PM »

Talia puts another stone, the heaviest she has with her, in her sling and aims at the temple of the ogre, though she has no idea, how strong his bones are and if a hit would show any effect at all. But being this the only thing she was able to do, she gives it a try. And the practise of long years pay off. She is able to put as much force into her throw, and her aim is perfect, so the ogre is it hard and after faltering for a blink, he first let his hammer fall and then breaks down himself , hitting the earth , his head colliding with a stone on the ground.

Talia is surprised at her success, and comes near, looking in astonishment at the ogre.

“I fear, it won‘t last long and he will wake up again. Can we distract him, so he won‘t follow us, and can we do something , that his unconsciousness will last a while? I don‘t really want to see him dead, he didn‘t do anything, it was my silliness which caused us trouble.“

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2006, 08:44:23 PM »

'Teri manages to extract herself from a very uncomfortable landing in a tree, just as the ogre falls. Her own landing is a little less than graceful, and, gingerly, she picks herself up off the ground, nearing the fallen beast as Talia begins to speak. Her jaw sets, she walks about it, next to its head. What more proof do they need?

Her right hand carries her sword, which is pointed down and away from the ogre, and with her free hand she reaches out and takes one of the trophies hanging around its neck. Gently, she lifts it, and turns it to face her, looking into the human skull's empty eye sockets. Then, she slowly lets it down, and raises her blade.

"An abomination; such a beast that kills for pleasure deserves its just dues."

She looks back up to Talia. "I can understand your unwillingness; were it not for this, I would hold no malice toward it either, but I cannot let such a thing go on."

Her hands are shaking lightly, partly from the good shaking she has recieved, but mostly from the stroke of death she is about to deliver."Still," she begins, her voice a whisper at first, "I cannot say that we..." Her voice breaks again, and she swallows a little. "Are fit to judge, and in an effort of fairness..."

Here, the beast begins to stir again, and 'Teri's nervousness increases tenfold. She places the point of her blade just above the shoulder, near the neck, and presses with all her might. It takes a short moment, but something eventually tears and gives way, and her blade slides down completely to the hilt before she quickly draws it out and tries to jump back, tripping in her effort to do so.

There is no loud roar, as the ogre only scarcely realizes, at the time, that its shoulder has taken such damage, and possibly other organs inside. Quickly, 'Teri wipes her blade on the grass, and scrambles to her feet. "We are not yet finished here," she whispers, glancing up to the ogre Capher.

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2006, 05:03:23 AM »

The ogre lays unconscious on the ground, but is already moving again despite her hit and the sword Teri has forced through his shoulder and probably his lung.

Talia looks horrified at the slightly moving ogre. She hadn‘t realised so far, that this were indeed human sculls around his neck. She doesn‘t know much about these creatures, so she does not really know, what would be best now - in the interest of them all, the ogre and maybe further victims of him.

So far she  had thought, that taking  his live would be not right, but what if he recovers enough to terrorises the next village? The area they are in is not very populated, but not deserted either, some Eyelian settlements are around. If they don‘t kill him now, will they be responsible for other killings he might perform later? The skulls around his neck show, that he has already killed not only beasts, but humans or elves as well.

While staring at him, he starts to move more vividly again and even attempts to lift his head, though it falls back to the ground again.

Helplessly Talia looks to her friends and whispers:

„I don‘t know, what to do! What is the right thing. “

Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character

Dwarf

Homepage
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2006, 12:47:23 PM »

A heavy fingered hand raked through the grass, loosening the pebbles and soil to reveal the roots of the flowering plants. "Tcha tcha," she said in a raspy yet feminine voice, scratching her nose with a dusty finger and snuffing down her whiskers. Eden's cascading red and blonde beard was neatly braided on either side and tossed casually over each respective shoulder to keep out of her way. Similarly, the dwarf's thick hair was plaited behind her and covered with a bright red bandana, tied up behind her ears. "Late to harvest.. I should have been quicker!" she pouted, standing with a sigh and stretching out her back.

Eden had been spending the past week in New Santhala, earning off an inn debt as a cook and general chore-doer. But, having paid off more than the amount due, the cleric had packed up and headed west in hopes of picking up a taste and skill for more aquatic dishes. She had been camping in the area the past while, trying to find some herbs and roots she had known to grow locally. But her stint at the inn had delayed her and it seemed that the poor chef had missed her prime time to harvest.

It was then, as she adjusted the small gathering basket on her arm which was half full with the few ingredients she had managed to attain, that Eden heard a most terrible cry. There were more shouts, and awful sounds coming from the distance. It was no act of nature to be sure, and the woman became flustered with concern. Her little legs pumping as fast as they dared go, Eden waddled briskly, all the while huffing prayers of protection to Urtengor, in the direction of the ruckus. Her pack bounded wildly on her back, the pots and pans strapped and buckled about clanging wildly around her and creating a most conspicuous racket.

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2006, 10:09:23 AM »

'Teri looks to her friend with her patient smile, although her own nerves are shattered into incalculably small pieces at the moment, and motions with her head to the struggling ogre Capher. "The right thing for you now is to bring our White Wolf back into a form he can control. Talia, it is never easy taking a life, whether man or beast... but justice has never been a simple path. Go on; he needs your help. I will finish what needs done here."

She remains, just out of the ogre's reach, and waits for Talia to turn away.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]