Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the way to the Valley of the Brownies  (Read 38205 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2006, 11:06:23 PM »

Talia stands there, still staring, but then Teri‘s words come to her awareness bring our White Wolf back into a form he can control and she turns to Capher, who is still in the form of the ogre. What if he can‘t change back, if he is unconscious? What if he stays too long in this state and and remains an ogre, the beasts instincts taking control over him?

Talia goes quickly over to him, avoiding to look at the true beast, and knees down next to Capher, looking into his ogre face....
It is hard to touch him, with this look, but Talia places one of her hands on his chest , takes his one shoulder with the other and rocks him gently, talking to him.

Capher, Capher, wake up!  

She doesn‘t know, how she could help him. Though an old Baveras aid of the Shendar  had said, that she would have some basic magical healing abilities and that she could become an apprentice of Nehtor, she never took heed of this, though she often knew, which herb was good to cure which malady out if instinct. Should her  hands really have the might to heal? She doubted, but put them finally around the Capher-ogre‘s head, still speaking to him, pleading to get aware of himself again.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character

Dwarf

Homepage
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2006, 11:53:23 AM »

Conquering a felled tree, Eden hurtled through a pair of thick bushes only to trip on one deviously placed root, landing flat on her face. As she stood, huffing and wheezing from the exertion, Eden looked down at her mud-caked beard and soiled dress, and shrieked amidst the tinkling rattle of her equipment. "Oh what a day what a day!" she whined, picking a twig from her braids and glancing around her. It was then that she spotted what it was she had landed in. All about her, enormous footprints tore forth and jutting out her chin, the cleric pressed on.

It wasn't long until the little woman noticed a small gathering of voices, and inching forward and taking cover behind a comfortably stout bush, looked on. They didn't appear especially interesting, until Eden saw what it was they were looking over so curiously.

Her eyes bugged out at the sight of the two ogres and Eden squeaked a little shriek, managing to check it with grubby hands just in time. Unfortunately, a skillet rattled itself loose from her back and clanged terribly on a stone. Sure they had heard her, the holy woman gripped her staff and cowered, readying a prayer on her lips.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2006, 01:34:23 PM »

Ta'las drops down from Desert Rose as Talia sees to Capher and 'Teri finishes with the ogre.  He looks thoughtfully at Talia - even in the face of an enemy as fierce as an ogre, she shows compassion.  The Shendar realizes he is still far from attaining Second Reality, as even now he would be inclined to kill the beast without hesitation.

Then, he hears the rattling of metal - something like cooking pots - against stone.  The Shendar whirls, sword in hand.  In front of him is a dwarf, looking somewhat scared and alone, with a staff in her hands.

Ta'las cocks his head to one side.  "What an amazing day, my friends," he calls to everyone behind him.  "It seems we have encountered yet another traveller on the road."  The Shendar lowers his blade, and nods his head.  "Greetings, stranger, and welcome.  You need not fear us, good dwarf, unless you were in league with this one," he adds, motioning to the wounded ogre 'Teri is standing over.

Ta'las

Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character

Dwarf

Homepage
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2006, 10:10:23 AM »

"Greetings, stranger, and welcome. You need not fear us, good dwarf, unless you were in league with this one.

Eden looked the man over, puffing out her chin and smoothing her dusty black dress over her belly, her stout staff still quivering in one hand. "Hah! Me? With the likes of that monstrosity?," she huffed, lifting her staff up to emphasize her point. The little cleric did a remarkable job of masking her fear, her eyes drifting over to the comatose form of the ogre another woman was hovering over. "I am a dwarf, sir, and I'll have you know that we are a noble, honorable peoples. Why... to insinuate such a thing as me traipsing about with that beast is...is..." Her face was flushed under her beard and Eden's gaze hardened on Talas. "Who are you?"

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2006, 11:50:23 AM »

Ta'las nods to the dwarf and sheaths his weapon.  It is obvious from her outrage that she is not in league with the ogre, and neither had he expected a dwarf to be.  But today has been so filled with enemies, the Shendar is wary of letting down is guard.  "My apologies, lady dwarf.  I had not intended to give offense, but in such strange lands one must be vigilant."  

He takes a step forward and offers his hand.  "I am Ta'las, son of An'thavin of the Shen-Kha'si.  And you are?"  

Ta'las

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2006, 03:47:23 AM »

It doesn‘t help, not the jolting of this shoulder nor the holding of his head, Capher stays in his form as an ogre. But he starts to move again and now Talia fears, that he will awake and be more ogre than human - or dragon.

Tears are coming to her eyes, for she fears to loose Capher, not long after they have found him again. Her eyesight gets bleared with the moistness, she removes her hands from Capher‘s head to remove her tears, but puts them back on his chest. She doesn‘t know, what to do and though she always was worshipping Baveras she turns in her desperation  to the goddess she knows, Capher was following, Seyella, screaming to her silently:

*Seyella, Seyella, you are the goddess of destiny and though it is said you can‘t change fate anymore, you still can help Capher. He was always your true servant, you need to help him! Seyella, oh Seyella, help him!*

Through her tears she doesn‘t see at first the shimmering setting in, but then she just stares, she has never been so close, when Capher had been shapeshifting. The ogre vanishes, strange forms, only visible not even a full blink, follow each other, images of huge wings and old eyes. And then, quite suddenly, the old man which she has learned to love during her travels lies in front of her. A sigh and a   *Thanks you Seyella* escapes her, and then she bows over the human form and hugs it.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Mortus Pryde
IRC Chatroom Op
Approved Character

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2006, 02:24:23 PM »

Terra manages to slow stagger ofver to Capher as he reverts back to his human form, leaving 'Teri to deal with the ogre, and Ta'las the dwarf who arrived apparently drawn by the comotion of the short struggle with the ogre. As Talia bends over and hugs Capher now in his human form, Terra kneels heavily besider her almost as if falling to her knees.

"How is he? I trust you were not harmed?", The slightest edge of concern for them is evident in her voice.

Mortus Pryde aka Arisa Moon and Terra Artemos
WebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.com

Eden Blunter
Clerical Cook
Approved Character

Dwarf

Homepage
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2006, 07:02:23 AM »

Eden looked the man up and down (namely up, given her rather miniscule stature comparably) and then nodded with his introduction. She clapped his hand in hers firmly, the other hand still occupied by the staff, and shook it vigorously, her stubby, soiled fingers vicing around his.

"Eenden Blunter," she began, opening her mouth to say a little more until her eyes found themselves drawn once again to the ogre. There, surrounded by an interested sort of people, now lay an old man where the dwarf could have sworn a ferocious beast had once rest. Her mouth slack, Eden loosed her grip on Talas and scooped up the hem of her skirt, shuffling forth wildly and falling to her knees by Capher's side.

"Sweet Father's whiskers," she whispered, making a discreet symbol in the air with her fingers. "What witchery is this!?"

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2006, 09:36:23 AM »

As they leave, 'Teri raises her blade once again.The ogre raised its head, looking menacingly to her, and for a moment their eyes meet. She takes a light step back, and with a tremendous effort the beast swings its left arm at her, which she sidesteps, moves in, and drives her blade into its neck.

The deed finished, she leaps back, out of the way of its final thrashings, watching the gruesome struggles as the beast dies.

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2006, 10:55:23 PM »

Ta'las joins 'Teri and nods in approval.  "You have considerable skill with your sword, Lady 'Teri," he says quietly.  "Your brother will have much to fear when you do finally face him."  He pats her lightly on the shoulder.

"We have met someone new," he says, motioning to Eden the dwarf, who is now kneeling next to Capher.  "I wonder if she is able to help our friend."

Ta'las

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2006, 08:45:23 AM »

"'Tisn't glory," she responds with a quivering sigh, and walks carefully to the stream where first she rinses the blood from her blade, and wipes the water off on her trousers. Then, she steps up beside Ta'las, as together they watch from a distance the strange dwarf's interest in their friend.

"I don't know. I certainly hope so, but I doubt she could do much more than heal his body." A light smile bears for just an instant on her face, and she comments, "We ride in curious company."

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2006, 08:06:23 PM »

Talia raises her head from Capher‘s chest when she hears a voice next to her whispering:

"Sweet Father's whiskers: What witchery is this!?"

Through her tears of relief she sees a strange face and wonders. Wiping the last moistness out of her eyes doesn‘t help, the strange face is still there and to Talia‘s surprise , hasn‘t changed and looks still - like that of a dwarf. Talia has seen dwarves already, but this one looks differently - he has a chest! Staring still in a  quite impolite manner at said bodypart,  not saying anything to the newcomer,  it suddenly dawns in her mind and she realises, that this is a FEMALE dwarf - but with a beard! OF COURSE! Female dwarves do have beards, though some are shaving it now... The words this dwarven woman had said still ring in her head :

"Sweet Father's whiskers: What witchery is this!?"

So Talia gives a deep sigh, her exhausted mind races again - what has the dwarf seen , what should she, Talia say?  - The truth as far as it is necessary... again a deep sigh, and Talia answers:

„No witchery. The person you see here is one of the few shapeshifters which are said do still exist. But I assure you, you don‘t need to fear him, if you are not a very evil person. He is one of the nicest persons I met in my life. He has a great heart, is honourable and willing to die for his friends, as he just nearly proofed.“

While speaking to the dwarf, Talia is feeling  how her tears want to come again, when she is talking about Capher, she has really to do something against her emotions showing up so easily and trying to overwhelm her at  less fitting situations. So far she didn‘t really think she needed the help of the Brownies, but now she has to acknowledge that the elves of the Quallian might be true, which she wanted to defy so far. She fights her tears and manages a smile for the dwarven lady.  Looking  now closer at the woman kneeing next to her and Capher, she sees a red bandana over bright red hair, mainly a long beard - .not too clean, but with some dirt, leaves, twigs in it as if she has not long ago met the ground. Again a stranger, after Kenriil yesterday. Is Seyella, the to Talia fairly unknown Seyella interfering in their lives with sending strangers along? Though it was not yet obvious, which role Ken should play. Just not to miss a chance, Talia asks the dwarf bluntly.

„Do you know by any chance a way, to bring this man out of his unconsciousness? We need to travel on, and carrying him would be quite uncomfortable, for him and us.“

Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2006, 09:04:23 PM »

Kenriil looks in curiousity at the stranger, standing now a short distance off, and talking softly about dwarves, and steel, and blades, and monsters, a Caphers- or Capher, as there is only one. Yes, that's right, there is only one Capher, and it is hi- or, that is, there is only one Capher, and it is the desert woman's Capher. This change comes about by the fact that the desert woman has nearly lost her mind over the old man's changing form. Was it changing to an ogre that hurt her more, or changing into a human again? Regardless, Kenriil walks closer, and looks Capher over.

"...like they do when they burn. That is, I think he's just passed out from the strain, which makes that a bad idea anyway. Sometimes sleep is the best cure for exhaustion. Heh, I think it always is. There could be situations when it's not, such as when the exhaustion is brought about by freezing. Then if you went to sleep, you'd finish freezing to death, and I don't think that's any better of a condition. Freezing is easy, they say. You just go numb, which doesn't really hurt, because you can't feel anything. I've gone numb before. I slept on a rock once, and I thought it was just a nice flat rock, but that's because I was really tired when I went to sleep. I usually notice things, like the bumps on those rocks. Like that middle skull, on the other ogre over there, it was a half-elf. Because there's human skulls and elven skulls, but that one was a half-elf, kindof like that lady over there, but more human. And he had his skull cracked once before, but it kindof healed over. Not real well, though. It looks like it made a bulge in his head for quite some time, until he died. Then you'd never notice the bulge in his head, because it's just part of his skull, where it grew a little funny. My father has a finger that grew a little funny. It's his little finger on his left hand. So when he puts his hand on the table, that one finger looks like it's trying to crawl under all the rest to hide. I wonder what it's afraid of. Maybe it thinks....

----------------
...only guess that you're still listening. But let me tell you a little about myself...

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2006, 09:47:23 PM »

Talia ,waiting for the dwarf‘s answer,is again taken by surprise by Kenriil‘s comment that the unconsciousness of Capher could be actually helpful and good for him. She doesn‘t hear his following considerations about when it is not advisable to sleep and the further thoughts about this or that, but interrupts him as bluntly as she asked the dwarf:

„You think, we should allow him to remain in this state? But then we have to carry him. Any ideas, how we could do this?“

Looking around, she sees her friends standing  and watching, the ogre is obviously dead.

„Any other proposals?“ she asks, looking at everybody.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2006, 02:02:23 AM »

Capher slowly came to but did not open his eyes.  He felt his head in the lap of someone and realized from the smell of the body, that it was Talia.  He heard a new voice and again curiostiy aroused as well as suspicion but he still did not open his eyes.  He heard Ken speak and almost laughed outloud when he spoke of freezing, and his father's finger and it took most of his control just to not to so or even smile.

Then Talia asked what they should do with him, he sighed inwardly, as he really liked his head where it was, but he knew that she was really worried.  He spoke, it was but a mere whisper, "I have an Idea. How about some water and some food and then we get out of here."

He opened his eyes and saw the female dwarf starring at him. "Well hello there Eden."

He knew that would be something for them all to talk about,How in the world did he know her name? especially Eden.  It always is a boon to be able to keep them guessing, especially when you do not know who's side they are on.

Capher.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]