Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the way to the Valley of the Brownies  (Read 37224 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2006, 07:38:23 AM »

Talia listens to Ta‘las attempts to get their leader speaking - and maybe revealing a bit about himself. He is not much more successful than she was, until he starts talking from the desert, but even then Z‘doth doesn‘t say much. But he seems to love his desert. Talia is very curious to hear, why their new companion is so far from home, but knows, that she will not be able to satisfy her curiosity soon. She adjusts slightly to her seat on Swing and then falls back to the other three. Capher is talking to both, but Terra seems not in the mood to talk a lot and so Capher is concentrating on Teri.

So Talia leads Swing to Terra‘s other side. She looks in the unmoving face of the warrioress, but having travelled with her for quite some time now, she recognises the faint lines of inner pain, of depression but of the will to face these things as well. Talia wishes she would not sit higher on her aj, so she could speak more directly to her. Or to help her in any way, but nothing comes to her mind. Finally she just says:

“ Terra, I‘m glad to have you on my side again. I missed you when I left Chylikis without you.“

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2006, 08:19:23 AM »

At his apology, 'Teri begins to brighten some, almost smiling, but the mention of her brother wipes it all away like a skiff of snow in the path of a pouring deluge. Her throat tightens ever-so-slightly, a little pain indicating what's often called a "lump" forming high in her throat. For some time, she simply thinks, saying nothing, not certain how she can explain. If she lies, he would know - but then, there is no good reason to lie to him, what she says here is in the company of friends. But she doubts she can tell the whole truth, not without breaking down.

Eventually, she simply begins talking, having no starting point and no real destination."It was our parents," she starts, but reconsiders. "My br- brother was always a little crazy, but... he thought he would get all father's money if he- If he ki..." Here, her voice drops off, unable to speak further. So, she pauses briefly and tries again. "He killed them. He had... them murdered." This comes out as a light squeak, and she pauses again to regain control."And for months, I was - was stuck, trapped, in that... in fa-father's mansion, just him, and me. I was scared, but I couldn't say anything. When I finally got out, he... he had the people I was travelling with mur... he killed them, too. I left just before, but..."

She draws a long, quavering breath, and exhales slowly. Already, she can feel the dreaded nervous shaking starting to set in, but luckily, it is still kept inside her, her hands still under control. "He has never let me be since, like I am some kind highly amusing plaything. Please, Capher," she says, nearly begging, "I'd rather not speak of it."

-------------------
Silence! You could give your excuses until Injèrá hides her head from all Santharia, but it will never preserve your life.
I have so sworn...

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 09:40:23 AM »

Capher listened to Teri and then gently put his hand over hers. He shakes his head. "I will never understand that part of the human psyche, greed.  And to kill one's parents for money! On top of it all to try and kill you as well, probably to stop you from going to the authorities to tell them of his unspeakable crime.  If money is what he wants to help keep him away from you and to retrieve the Heart.  I can give it to him. How much do you think would satisfy his lust? Would these do?" He asked Teri holding out four gems that covered his complete fist; one a Diamond, the other an Emerald, the third one a Ruby and the last a Sapphire.

He placed them in her hand and then withdrew a bar about twice as long as his forearm; it was a bar of Mithril.  Would that satisfy him?" He asked in disgust.  

He looked at Teri and suddenly realized she may think that he was angry with her and he softened his voice and demeanor, "Forgive me Teri, I did not mean to take it out on you.  I can see that your brother's actions have taken a toll upon you.  It is just that the Heart is more than just a fist sized Emerald.  I can show you those and ten times more than what you are carrying right now." Capher paused as he stared ahead at the horizon, but his eyes saw far beyond it.  

He spoke again softly,  "The Heart is...well it's just that, a heart. The gem is just a  symbolization of the heart of one of the most powerful, yet generous and humble man I...I mean, the world of Caelereth will ever know.  It is a National treasure to Talia's and Tal'as's people and after it has served its purpose for us, should be put back where it belongs; in Thalambath's Castle."  

He paused again and then placed his hands over Teri's and the jewels and took them up and along with the bar Mithril, placed back inside his robes; when he pulled his hands out again they were empty.

"Every person of every race is affected by Coor's influence, but most can fight it off and lead a life influenced by Ava.  Coor does not need much to lead someone down his path: all the elements are there; greed, jealousy, envy are some, just to name a few."  

"But then there are those who crave Coor's power.  Those few, but rare ones, are the ones that my Master and I along with a few but very selective individuals, from every race, color and creed, battle and hopefully for the world's sake, send them back to Queprur's lands or wherever they may come from."  

"You Teri," Capher smled at her, "should be proud to be named among such individuals. I know very little about you, but I am proud already to have known you...because you are willing."  He leaned in his saddle. "Willing to put your life in danger to fight for a cause, you know little about, but still willing, because you were asked.  Not many are asked, some turn it down, and yet there are the rare gems that come along that will always be willing to fight evil and to have the hope that one day all of Caelereth can live in peace and properity. They may be scared of their own mortality, and some may lose their lives... many have," Capher's eyes went distant,  "but they have a well, deep down within their soul, that bubbles with Ava's goodness and dream...what she dreams."  His brow furrowed, "I suppose not much of what I said made any sense, but in time it will...in time."  He rode on with a small smile upon his face.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 3/6/06 2:29
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 02:26:23 PM »

Terra finally coming out of her deep thoughts chimed in, a small smile spreading on her features.

"I am honoured to be asked to take this journey. I once agreed to take them as far as Milknegrad as a hired sword, now I am proud to call them friends and see this through to the end. They to have agreed to watch over me on my journey and see it throught to the end with me, and I offer to help you in your battles as well.

If you are worried about your brother having us killed like your previous travel companions bear in mind we are warriors and adventurers, not common traveler. We have servived Thieves, Pirates, Demons, and demonicly posessed knights to get here, I doubt there is anything your brother could send to match us."

Terra turns to Capher.

"I am fine Capher, I have already taken the first steps down the path I must take. I must admit I know nothing of my past before the Kar'ii lands, it would explain a few things though."

Then she turns to Talia.

"I missed you to, my only regret is that we could not have gotten to you sooner and prevented you from being hurt."

Terra Artemos aka Mortus Pryde
WebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.com

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 01:01:23 AM »

Talia just waves with her hand, as if what she has lived through is nothing.

„I‘m alive and that is what counts, Terra. If I would have not been thrown in the grey lands of dust I would not have learned about how true my friends are towards me, Ta‘las would not be here. I do feel sometimes a bit weak and without drive, I‘m not the one I used to be, but I hope the Brownies can fix the last remaining scars of my soul and then I have surely won something through this encounter, and if it is only experience, or the proof, that you can endure more than you think.. oh well.. this is not a day to think about such things. Look how nice it looks over there. The sun lights up the green of the leaves and the white trunks of these birches glare as if the were brushed extra for us. Doesn‘t it look like there is a small rivulet as well. It looks definitely like a nice resting place.“

Talia stretches herself as if she could see better if there might be a good place to rest. She isn‘t really hungry, but the thought at the delicate things the elves had provided them with makes her a bit restless and she inclines to favour a break soon. The InjŹrá has climbed her path and is nearly at her zenith, so Talia proposes:

„Hey, all, my dear friends, aren‘t you hungry? Over there seems to be a nice and shady resting place.. What about a break? These delicate fruits in our bags surely don‘t travel well...“

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 02:09:23 AM »

Before Teri could answer or voice her thoughts, Terra finally answers Capher.  He is about to speak when she turns and talks to Talia.  Talia responds and then suggests they take a break and eat some of the food that the elves had given them.

"Sounds fine to me Talia, I did not realize how far we had come or how far Injera had risen in the sky.  I would think our guide would welcome the rest most of all, as he is on foot.  I wonder why the elves did not provide him with a horse?  Do you think he would ride with you on your AJ Talia or on Desert Rose with Ta'las?" Capher responded.

He twisted his head to look at Terra, "Maybe when we are eating I can tell you a little about your heritage. It may give more strength to help you on your path, Terra."  He stroked his chin, his eyes scanning the horizon. "It will also give you some insight into myself as well."  He said, thoughtfully.

Capher.

Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 09:46:23 AM »

Zdoth looked at Talia and simply said, “It would be a welcome stop.  I am quite hungry”

He listened to Capher and smiled before adding, “I am used to walking long distances, and it doesn’t bother me.”

With that he thought more about the long walk ahead of him, and hopped it would be one with out incident.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »

Ta'las clicks his tongue and taps Desert Rose's neck.  "It is time to stop, my friend."  As the Aj'nuvic comes to a stop, the Shendar jumps easily to the ground.

He nods to Capher at his friend's suggestion that Z'doth ride with him.  Then he looks over at Z'doth.  "The offer does stand, Z'doth.  If you do begin to tire, you are welcome to ride with me.  He is strong and does not mind as long as you stay away from his neck."

Then, Desert Rose warbles and nudges him with his nose.

The Shendar faces his mount and looks critically into the creature's eyes.  "What is wrong?  We are travelling again, and yes, we are not going so fast, but at least you are-"

Ta'las is interrupted again as Desert Rose bawls loudly and stomps his hooves into the ground, stirring up dust.  The Shendar scowls at his Aj'nuvic and slowly shakes his head, but he says nothing.  He removes some dried meat and a small paper bag filled with the sweet, red fruit he discovered while in Aer'ylferian and joins the others.

He plops himself down beside Capher and chews on his beef jerky, all the time scanning the countryside they've just travelled through.

Ta'las

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 12:36:23 AM »

A small stream ran through the clearing.  Capher could hear fish jumping, bring back some nice memories.  On the eastern shore, several peds back was a grove of  birches.  On their side it was soft green Lythlo' grass.  

The dirt path they were riding on had turned into just a small walking trail, the grass and weeds covering it here and there.  It was not a well worn path and Capher wondered if a man from Nyblemar really knew Sarvoinia enough to be able to lead them to the Vale of the Brownies.  Oh the Vale was easy enough to find, it was the Brownies that were not

Capher slowly dismounts, stretching his back. this used to be a lot easier, he thought as he listened to Desert Rose and Ta'las speak to him.  He watched Ta'las sit and begin eating some fruit and scan the surrounding area.

Capher too began to scan the area.  Something was not right, he could not put his finger on it; but there was something and Ta'las's AJ could tell.  Capher looked at Talia's AJ to see if he was acting peculiar and so he was.  There was a look in the eyes.  His horse began to act nervous as did the rest of them.

Suddenly from out of grove came a dozen or so riders.  They were masked, brandishing swords and came swooping across the stream heading straight for the party.  They whooped and hollored as they rode.

Capher's horse bolted, "Arm yourselves!" He yelled and then turned to face the intruders, but not as a man, but as the men reached the outer campsite, they met a snarling Ashmarian wolf that leaped and knocked the first man to the ground, tearing his throat out before the man knew what hit him.  Then the wolf went after the flanks of the other horses.

Capher.

Edited by: Capher at: 3/7/06 16:58
Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 09:08:23 AM »

Zdoth nodded at Talas, appreciating the offer, but he didn’t feel comfortable quite yet, he felt he could trust the group enough to let his guard down a little, but not that much.

Something had been amiss, and Zdoth felt it for a while, but assumed it was nothing.  Sitting down in the soft grass, leaving his pack to his pack and bow on the ground next to him as he dug through his pack and looked for something to eat.  He was chewing on an apple when something stirred.

Zdoth heard Capher yell, “Arm yourselves!” and he quickly picked up his bow and knocked one of his poisoned arrows.  He turned to face the group of masked riders advancing upon them quickly.  Zdoth released an arrow at one, and was taking aim to release another when, out of nowhere a wolf ran out at the horsemen.  Zdoth froze, and began to shake.  His breath quickened and he took a few steps back, his eyes wide and his heart racing.

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 12:27:23 PM »

Ta'las was up immediately as Capher's warning shout rings through the camp, and jumps atop Desert Rose.  His Aj'nuvic lunges forward at a pair of riders and warbles ferociously, as Ta'las taps the creature's left flank.

"Do not fear, Z'doth.  The wolf is with us."

The Shendar draws his curved falchion as he engages one of the riders.  He parries aside a series of frenzied sword thrusts and finally pushes him away when the man begins to tire.  Ta'las ducks under the swordsman's hard sweeping cut, and punches the man in the windpipe with his free hand.  The man clutches at his throat and his horse wheels away, sending the enemy rider to the mossy turf.  The man's cries are cut short as Desert Rose stomps on his face.

Ta'las raises his sword to meet his next opponent.

Ta'las

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »

Guys, I'm no fighter, hope it doesn't sound too silly..

Talia has taken her time to look at her surrounding and is late with demounting and still standing near Swing, when  she hears Capher‘s call. She is about to release her package, but thinks now better of it and draws her bane whips. These men are too close for the sling and not worthy for a sword. She ushers Swing back for she doesn‘t want her to be hurt accidentally and seeing Z‘doth being afraid points swing to him.  This doesn‘t please her companion, when seeing her fellow aj‘nuvic in action. But she stays back, with fiery eyes - as a kind of guard, then, the action still in sight,  moves over to Z‘doth, nudging his shoulder.

Talia  doesn‘t have to wait long for the first riders to get past Capher - the wolf  - and Ta‘las. But they have no chance in coming too near. One whip twines itself around the sword arm of the first man, a short pull and he falls of his horse, his sword arm cut deep by his own sword and blooding heavily. Talia ducks to avoid a hid from the next rider and the whip goes around the leg of the horse causing both, horse and rider to tumble down.

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 3/10/06 22:14
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 02:11:23 AM »

Neither Terra nor Coore seem purprised by the bandit attack, her features quickly becoming those of the cool warrioress that most of the party had known. Quickly and gracefully her Moon Blade comes free even as she remains mounted, and the weapon usually asociated with an assassin comes to bare. With out need to be spured into action, or a word needing to be sead between horse and rider, Coore charges forward guided by Terra to support Capher in his efforts.

Terra Artemos aka Mortus Pryde
WebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.comWebStatus Images by GoTrillian.com

Zdoth Natterath
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2006, 03:07:23 AM »

The bump on his shoulder from Swift shook him out of his paralyzed state.  Zdoth took a deep breath to calm himself and fired another poisoned arrow, this time hitting one of the men in the neck.  As they got nearer, he readied another arrow and took a few steps back, aimed and shot.  The arrow whizzed through the air and landed in his left arm, the one holding the reins.  The poison would drain him of his strength soon enough, but he was not out of the fight.  Zdoth bolted to the left, while pulling another arrow out of his quiver, all the while keeping a good distance from this wolf that appeared out of no where.  

Edited by: Zdoth Natterath at: 3/9/06 17:39
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2006, 10:46:23 AM »

Ta'las spurs his Aj'nuvic toward the next dark-clad rider and deflects a weak blow aimed at his chest, and aims a quick jab at the man.  The Shendar's sword digs deep into the rider's shoulder, and the man howls in pain.  The rider pulls his mount back to disengage, but Ta'las lightly kicks his heels into Desert Rose's flank and the Aj'nuvic closes the distance.

Ta'las hears the quickening of his opponent's breathing and sees the man furtively glance around.  The rider swings three hard overhand attacks that Ta'las parries and directs aside as their mounts circle one another.  The Shendar waits for the next attack, which comes more slowly, and requires his tiring opponent to throw all of his weight behind.

The Shendar feints a weak blow at the man's throat, who twists away, exposing his left side.  Ta'las stabs downward into the soft flesh beneath the man's arm, and kicks the man hard in the face, sending him to the ground.

He points at another rider.  "You are mine!" he shouts.  Desert Rose bellows and surges forward.

Ta'las

Edited by: Talas Anthavin at: 3/10/06 3:12

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]