Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My condolices to London  (Read 4668 times)
Abigail Nightwatch
New Santharian

« on: July 08, 2005, 12:53:22 AM »

I would like to say this morning, before checking any of the other boards, that my deep felt condolices are sent out to those living in or around London. The terrorist attacks this morning on 07 July 05 were indeed a most tragic thing to have occurred. When last I saw, 33 were dead and hundreds were injured, from minor to major wounds. Insurgents had blown up 4 buses from what I had seen on the news in the London area, a cowardly tactic as they always do.

As some of you may have gathered from reading my art page, I am a US Soldier serving with the 101st Airborne (Air Assault). I have been to both Iraq and Afghanistan during this war on terrorism and am leaving in October for Iraq yet again. It sickens me that these cowards still play on the lives of the innocents and have no courage to stand up and face the soldiers worldwide that are hunting them down like the dogs they are in their own homeland.

I'd like to say I didn't want to go back to Iraq this second time, but I do. I love America and our allies, and I love freedom. I love my family and friends, and I love nothing more than stepping forward and saying, "I'll go to the middle east for a while and kick in some insurgent faces." To all of you out there serving your countries, cities and communities through civil service, I ask you to stand up and let your fellow countrymen know who you are, to let them know you are there to keep them safe, to heal their wounds and give them aid, to be their guardians of freedom.

I've read many articles lately on Civil Servants being the new generation of heroes, and I agree. But I also feel that those who witness these terrorist atrocities and are involved involuntarily, who help to pull their fellow man from burning flames, or assist the civil servants in their jobs to save a precious life, that they are heroes as well. To all my fellow countrymen and those who support our cause I say with pride and with vengence in my heart, For God and Country, Pro Deo et Patria.
                                        Sincerely yours~
                                                     Spc Kausek

Luca the Thief
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 04:44:22 AM »

*Nods sincerely*

The situation is not only a terrible loss for London, England in general, but also a gash in the morale of many people in many countries around the world. I never personally agreed with the war, but the tragedies happening are very real and I respect all the people that are working to get us through it.

If anybody, or their families and friends live in the London area, my deepest condolences. :hug  

Contact me: faye_004@yahoo.ca or all us admins: rpg@santharia.com

Angron Bloodfist
Ferocious Berserker
Approved Character

Human, Helvet´ine Kuglim

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 05:06:22 AM »

i think Kim Sandrage lives somewhere in england...

anyhow, (not too deep) condolencies from germany.

hey, finally someone else that actually wants to be in the military...by the way, my aunt´s husband served in the 82nd airborne division in fort bragg NC - i´m wearing a sweatshirt of it right now ;)  

A Berserker has no fear of death, for death is his instrument.
A Berserker feels no pain, for all he feels is furious rage and anger.
A Berserker knows no fear - he is the embodiment of fear!

Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 05:56:22 AM »

Prayers and condolences |I  

Grunok the Exile
Seeker
Approved Character

Male Losh-Oc Orc

Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 08:41:22 AM »

Me too, hugs to all London :hug
One of my friends is living there at the moment. His sister got through to him on the phone this morning. He was asleep when it happened, and when she called, so she was the first he'd heard of it. Know what he said? "Cool." :x
*Puts it down to that ole infectious British stoicism*... that and having not actually had time to think about it. At least he's ok. Hope everyone else here is too.

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 10:37:22 PM »

Just thought I'd give the latest update. So far over fifty have been found dead and over seven hundred have been wounded. Four bombs were set off, one in a double decker bus and three in three seperate trains. My compassion goes out to the survivors and my condolences to the families of those who did not make it. This was a tragic day for the entire world.:(  

Erian Melor~The spark of life rests upon the edge of a knife.
~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 12:40:22 AM »

I was at work when I saw it on the TV there. How horrible. It just makes me sick to my stomach. I have several friends who are marines and just got back from Iraq and all that messy stuff and now this happens. ::wonders what the world is coming to now:: I salute our soldiers and what they are giving up and my prayers go to all those in London affected by the attack.  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Takashi Logan
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 01:23:22 PM »

Heard it from my uncle (ex-brit) the day after. I have realtives there, and i express both condolencies from Canucks of Ontario, and express my profound happieness that you guys got the olympics!

In death there is life, I bring death, to those who are deseving of it...

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 05:23:22 PM »

Wren lives around London, Art contacted her during Santhmoot, and she is well. A relative of her escaped just, took the bus of the same line which exploded just half an hour before.

Abigail, there is one thing - war will never end, if soldiers go to war with thoughts like that:

Quote:
"I'll go to the middle east for a while and kick in some insurgent faces."

These people you want to kick in their faces may be one of the most evel kind, but this is what will again cause the wheel of revenge to turn on. And how do you know, you are kicking the right one? What do you know, why is he like this? Most of the people who send you to war are claiming to be Christians - but they do kick Christ in his face with their orders.

I'm feel pity with those who have lost loved ones in the London as well, but I feel more pity for those 18 000 children who die DAILY from hunger  and hunger-related diseases worldwide. And they don't die because of terrorists.  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Angron Bloodfist
Ferocious Berserker
Approved Character

Human, Helvet´ine Kuglim

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 08:48:22 PM »

the question is, what´s gonna happen if they don´t "kick in some insurgent faces"?

if all troops were withdrawn right away, those "insurgents" would increase their power and build up yet another fundamentalistical dictatorship and proceed as before. then it´s "Either them, or us - rather them!". i´ve read a quote from someone once, can´t remember the name, and it read (roughly) "This is a fight to death. everyone who doesn´t stand with us, is an enemy and thus is to be vanquished."

tell me if i´m wrong on this.

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 02:37:22 AM »

Its this culture that is evil. These people are learned to believe that U.S. and allies are evil and when they blow themselves up for the good cause of destroying this evil they will have 12 virgin's in the afterlive. I think that the culture and this way of thinking should be banished to solve to problem.  

Angron Bloodfist
Ferocious Berserker
Approved Character

Human, Helvet´ine Kuglim

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 02:56:22 AM »

and the interesting thing is, killing other humans is forbidden in the coran.

...12 virgins in the afterlive...being an eternal time...man, you sure gotta know how to housekeep then...

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 04:48:22 AM »

That is what they believe Darien, and just because you don't think it is reasonable does not mean they should be eliminated. Furthermore, Islam and Christianity are the two largest religions in the world. Good luck in eliminating either one.  

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 06:31:22 AM »

@Angron: I didn‘t say, that the troops should be withdrawn now or anything else about military strategy, what I wanted to point at is, that even these people are human beings - still - and should be treated as such. If you go there with the intention to „kick someone‘s face“, you are not bringing peace or freedom - and that was your goal, wasn‘t it? You should see your opponent not as someone to hit in the face and to humilate, but as your misguided brother you want to help to find the right way again (and that is still you sight, who knows, what the right way is for everybody?).

Quote:
"This is a fight to death. everyone who doesn´t stand with us, is an enemy and thus is to be vanquished."

This is pure black and white - but does the truth not always lie somewhere in between? - Not a good saying

@Darien:  No, this culture (the islamic) is not evil per se, the people who misuse it for their own private goals to accumulate riches and strive for power and influence are the source of all evil. And don‘t tell me, the cause is a religious one or the goal to bring freedom- it never was, there are always other interest hiding behind those pretended goals.

Christianity as a whole is not better as the islamic countries are - think of the Crusades - those islamic families in Jerusalem of this time surely have said the same: This culture is evil.

I don‘t want to be part of the Islamic culture and there is a lot of I don‘t like in it (mostly practised by men who want to have power - again -  over women), but don‘t condemn a whole culture by judging it after some misguided members.  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Darien Gulath
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 07:21:22 AM »

well said Talia, You can look at it from different perspectives though and i still think that it is partially their religion to blame. Because here where whe live everyone has the same rights and christians don't do harm. Nobody is going to throw you to death with rocks when you don't go to church. And THEY do (i believe...) Well one way or another i think they are to radical. And this kind of radical thing made it possible for such an terrorist group to evev exist, And even have so many members in the first place. Their belief is not vieuwed as radical from their culture as it is from our culture, I am sure of that. And now i won't say kill em all..... But i just think that this is where the problem is. Anyway i shut up now. Before angry islams come after me :p  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]